Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2009 4:28 PM
Feb 2009
lol I still haven't even finished the first season, and I started near the air date.
Dec 30, 2009 4:28 PM

Dec 2008
It was just matter of time. I cannot say that I'm not happy with this : D
Dec 30, 2009 4:29 PM

May 2008
...fuck my life.

I wasn't expecting this, and I'm not happy about it :/ I didn't hate K-On, but I didn't really like it either.

Again, fuck my life.

Fai said:
And here I was hoping for this kitsch to be quickly forgotten and burried alongside other moe loli crap.

Sadly that did not happen. k-on is twilight of anime - so bad that everyone except tween demographic hate it.

Fai...for ONCE in my life I'm going to strongly agree with you.

Dec 30, 2009 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
Scud said:
Well fuck.

I definitely need my Ritsu fix, better be more of her on S2
couldnt care less bout the others
Dec 30, 2009 4:44 PM
Oct 2009
people with generic shounens in their favorites really shouldnt come in this thread and bashing moe. shounen is probably worse
Dec 30, 2009 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
Expected them to make a season two since season one was such a hit.
Well I liked the first season with all the loli's and moeness so I'll watch the second season. Whoop for more Yui and Ui.

Breath||
Dec 30, 2009 5:00 PM

Apr 2009
Lith said:
people with generic shounens in their favorites really shouldnt come in this thread and bashing moe. shounen is probably worse

You're comparing a demographic to a slang word for a character type. It doesn't work like that.

Anyhow, I will probably watch for more Ritsu. And the occasional song.
Dec 30, 2009 5:31 PM
Oct 2008
............... Just go and rape some little children. watch good music series like Detroit metal city or Beck!!! >Moe moe kyun :S< detroit metal city at least have something called Humor! note the difference in adult series and series for younger folks.

Adult series - Lucky star, K-ON, Azumanga Daioh
Kid series - full metal alchemist, Naruto, Tengan top guren lagann

Notice the difference!!!

^^
and ohh: wasnt serious about the first thing i wrote!!! dont get any funny ideas now and do something like that xD keep watching Moe anime then.................
Dec 30, 2009 5:38 PM
Oct 2009
Haylias said:
Lith said:

You're comparing a demographic to a slang word for a character type. It doesn't work like that.

im just saying most of the ones flaming moe in this thread have stuff like bleach in their favorites and cant mock anybodies tastes
Dec 30, 2009 5:43 PM

Sep 2008
Hmm, I quite like it but I never expected such a huge fan people. It was nice anime but not like Ouran High School Host Club, I expected its second season.
Dec 30, 2009 5:52 PM
Feb 2008
Give me Full Metal Panic! The Third Raid please. :[
Dec 30, 2009 5:52 PM

May 2008
I watched the first season all the way through and I didn't really like it much at all. The music for the OP/ED was good though; pretty catchy. I'll probably just download the themes and not watch the anime, since I got bored of it pretty quickly last time.

Lith said:
Haylias said:
Lith said:

im just saying most of the ones flaming moe in this thread have stuff like bleach in their favorites and cant mock anybodies tastes

All tastes are subjective. You have Umineko in your favourites and that was a pretty poor anime, especially since the source material was so good. People are allowed to hate moe, just like you apparently seem to hate shounen. If people who like Bleach can't mock anyone's tastes then neither can you.
Dec 30, 2009 5:55 PM
Oct 2009
SlaughterChichi said:
I watched the first season all the way through and I didn't really like it much at all. The music for the OP/ED was good though; pretty catchy. I'll probably just download the themes and not watch the anime, since I got bored of it pretty quickly last time.

Lith said:
Haylias said:
Lith said:

All tastes are subjective. You have Umineko in your favourites and that was a pretty poor anime, especially since the source material was so good. People are allowed to hate moe, just like you apparently seem to hate shounen. If people who like Bleach can't mock anyone's tastes then neither can you.
hey hey its in my favorites because of the source material :3 i rated the series like 6 or 7.
fair enough i concede your point. i dont particularly like moe but i dont hate it either, just annoys me when people with stuff like naruto and code geass in their favorites bash moe so badly when moe doesnt automatically equal bad
Dec 30, 2009 6:12 PM

Aug 2008
KayChan4U said:
...fuck my life.

I wasn't expecting this, and I'm not happy about it :/ I didn't hate K-On, but I didn't really like it either.

Again, fuck my life.

You are not alone.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 30, 2009 6:36 PM
Oct 2009
K-On! is mindless but it's at least good mindless fun. Kinda wish the humor was genius like the first two episodes or it had a REAL plot but ok!

Smile, Sweet, Sister, Sadistic, Surprise, Service, Slider
Dec 30, 2009 6:40 PM

Dec 2007
Oh. The hoards of fanbois. 9 pages already. You guys are superior.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 30, 2009 6:52 PM

Feb 2008
zeromaster said:
wait, where anywhere on the site does it say there will be a season 2? cuz i don't see it

find "第二期 製作決定 (The second season fixed)" on the left of Yui in the front picture.
Dec 30, 2009 6:52 PM

Sep 2008
Lith said:
SlaughterChichi said:

Lith said:
Haylias said:
Lith said:

hey hey its in my favorites because of the source material :3 i rated the series like 6 or 7.
fair enough i concede your point. i dont particularly like moe but i dont hate it either, just annoys me when people with stuff like naruto and code geass in their favorites bash moe so badly when moe doesnt automatically equal bad

I don't exactly see the argument you are making. If you are implying that people only hate moe because it is popular then you would be wrong. I hate moe, sure I get annoyed that it is popular myself but that isn't the reason why I hate it. It just adds to it. I just find moe to be stupid, un-amusing, pointless, not cute, and so on. I have Code Geass in my favorites, but I loved the series because of its plot, developments, twists, etc. It was one of the series along with FMA that got me heavily into Anime. I have quite branched out since then though. You just seem to be implying that people can't have popular shows as their favorites yet hate a series like K-ON.
Dec 30, 2009 6:54 PM
Oct 2009
velcom said:
Lith said:
SlaughterChichi said:

Lith said:
Haylias said:
Lith said:

I don't exactly see the argument you are making. If you are implying that people only hate moe because it is popular then you would be wrong. I hate moe, sure I get annoyed that it is popular myself but that isn't the reason why I hate it. It just adds to it. I just find moe to be stupid, un-amusing, pointless, not cute, and so on. I have Code Geass in my favorites, but I loved the series because of its plot, developments, twists, etc. It was one of the series along with FMA that got me heavily into Anime. I have quite branched out since then though. You just seem to be implying that people can't have popular shows as their favorites yet hate a series like K-ON.
i dont remember implying that people hate moe because its popular. i was just saying its stupid people hating moe indiscriminately as though having anything moe in an anime will make it bad. youre reading too much into what i said
Dec 30, 2009 6:59 PM
Nov 2009
O_O

AZU-NYAN
WARNING - HIGHLY TOXIC
If contact with skin occurs, RIP IT OFFFF OH GOD MY MIND
Dec 30, 2009 6:59 PM

May 2008
Exactly. As I said, I don't hate things like K-On or Haruhi, but it gets really annoying when series are plain and plotless as those get super popular for almost no reason. Sure, music in anime=total win. But K-On is just...plotless as I've said. IMO, it's just not that good of a series as everyone is making it out to be :/ There are much better animes that deserve second seasons over this.

Dec 30, 2009 7:00 PM

Sep 2008
Lith said:
velcom said:
Lith said:
SlaughterChichi said:

Lith said:
Haylias said:
Lith said:

i dont remember implying that people hate moe because its popular. i was just saying its stupid people hating moe indiscriminately as though having anything moe in an anime will make it bad. youre reading too much into what i said

But then why are you criticizing people having Anime's such as Naruto and Code Geass in their favorites then? I don't understand your argument at all.

From my own experiences, moe almost always annoys the heck outta me in Anime, and I am sure there is plenty of people who would agree with me. That is why we instantly hate on it. Also in this case it is a second season, meaning it should be just like the first. Why would it be any different? They would want to please the fans with what they loved before.
Dec 30, 2009 7:02 PM

Mar 2009
Very nice, will have to watch it because I kind of enjoyed the first season lol
I wonder if it will be better than the first season :>
Dec 30, 2009 7:07 PM
Oct 2009
velcom said:
But then why are you criticizing people having Anime's such as Naruto and Code Geass in their favorites then? I don't understand your argument at all.

because shows like this (especially naruto/bleach etc) have shoddy animation, generic, stereotypical shounen heroes and villains. predictable plots.

basically its similar stuff youre all critisizing moe for, and i find it ironic that its fans of these shows are moes biggest critics.

velcom said:
From my own experiences, moe almost always annoys the heck outta me in Anime, and I am sure there is plenty of people who would agree with me. That is why we instantly hate on it. Also in this case it is a second season, meaning it should be just like the first. Why would it be any different? They would want to please the fans with what they loved before.

theres a difference between disliking something, and it being a bad show, yet the critics seem to flame everything about the show, just because its moe (things such as animation being called bad when that isnt the case with k-on).

i can admit there are good shows that i dont like, but at the same time there are bad shows i do like, but just automatically dismissing a show as terrible just because theres moe in it is stupid
Dec 30, 2009 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
Lith said:
velcom said:

because shows like this (especially naruto/bleach etc) have shoddy animation, generic, stereotypical shounen heroes and villains. predictable plots.

basically its similar stuff youre all critisizing moe for, and i find it ironic that its fans of these shows are moes biggest critics.

From my view they are entirely different. They are complete opposites I would say. Shounen has plot, moe usually does not. Shounen focuses on action, Moe focuses on Comedy. They are both predictable, but in entirely different ways. I would say I completely disagree with you, not to mention no one watches a moe show or a shounen show for the same reasons.

I never criticized the animation, I think people were just annoyed that K-ON's art style seemed to be a step back for Kyoani (which I would agree with). It was far more simple than their previous work. The actual animation though was probably the only thing I would was good about the show IMO.

Lith said:
velcom said:

theres a difference between disliking something, and it being a bad show, yet the critics seem to flame everything about the show, just because its moe (things such as animation being called bad when that isnt the case with k-on).

i can admit there are good shows that i dont like, but at the same time there are bad shows i do like, but just automatically dismissing a show as terrible just because theres moe in it is stupid

I think people have every right to avoid a show because it is moe. Genre's follow the same codes and conventions, meaning they are almost always similar. Think about it in film terms, Romance movies always follow the same patterns, action films always follow the same patterns, comedy films follow the same patterns, I could go on. That is because Genre's DO follow the same ideas and patterns. That is why fans of Moe shows will watch any new moe show that comes out because of what they love in them, while those that hate what moe shows hate on them. Like I said, judging from what I have seen in moe shows, they are indeed similar and do the same things.
Dec 30, 2009 7:26 PM
Oct 2009
velcom said:
Lith said:
velcom said:

From my view they are entirely different. They are complete opposites I would say. Shounen has plot, moe usually does not. Shounen focuses on action, Moe focuses on Comedy. They are both predictable, but in entirely different ways. I would say I completely disagree with you, not to mention no one watches a moe show or a shounen show for the same reasons.

I never criticized the animation, I think people were just annoyed that K-ON's art style seemed to be a step back for Kyoani (which I would agree with). It was far more simple than their previous work. The actual animation though was probably the only thing I would was good about the show IMO.

Lith said:
velcom said:

I think people have every right to avoid a show because it is moe. Genre's follow the same codes and conventions, meaning they are almost always similar. Think about it in film terms, Romance movies always follow the same patterns, action films always follow the same patterns, comedy films follow the same patterns, I could go on. That is because Genre's DO follow the same ideas and patterns. That is why fans of Moe shows will watch any new moe show that comes out because of what they love in them, while those that hate what moe shows hate on them. Like I said, judging from what I have seen in moe shows, they are indeed similar and do the same things.
moe isnt a genre :3 although you do tend to find moe in similar gere shows, it in itself isnt a genre
Dec 30, 2009 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
I know it isn't, but plenty of people classify it as one... which is stupid.... but can't do much about it.

The point I was making though is that people watch a Genre for what they like about that Genre. Even of Moe isn't a genre, it is treated as one by a lot of people. Fans of moe in series get interested in a new moe show because they love that kind of stuff. Those that hate Moe won't be interested.
Dec 30, 2009 8:47 PM

Aug 2009
^ I can't more agree with it.

Honestly, Moe of lolicon isn't my cup of tea, either. However, comparing moe and shonen isn't right. In most of shonen anime, at least one moe is included.

K-On is anime for mainly otaku basis and financial thingys. That's why it is flamed.

In my opinion, second season for K-on, is basically disaster. If you are lucky, you guys will get exactly same thing you've seen in the first season. If you are unlucky, show will fall into the same situation as suzumiya haruhi.
Dec 30, 2009 8:54 PM

Feb 2009
Don't care what people have said in 10 pages before me, I'm happy with this news. :)
Dec 30, 2009 9:02 PM
Oct 2008
damn also more K-On! 2010 is in for a ton of releases great way to start the decade
Dec 30, 2009 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
Goo4 said:
^ I can't more agree with it.

Honestly, Moe of lolicon isn't my cup of tea, either. However, comparing moe and shonen isn't right. In most of shonen anime, at least one moe is included.

K-On is anime for mainly otaku basis and financial thingys. That's why it is flamed.

In my opinion, second season for K-on, is basically disaster. If you are lucky, you guys will get exactly same thing you've seen in the first season. If you are unlucky, show will fall into the same situation as suzumiya haruhi.

What do you mean by the same situation as haruhi? Eight episodes of the exact same thing?
Dec 30, 2009 9:18 PM

Jul 2007
OH NOES!!!!!!!
Dec 30, 2009 9:44 PM

Aug 2009
Yay! <3
Dec 30, 2009 9:45 PM

Dec 2009
Rather sadly, a second season was needed to give closure to season 1. Whether this is good or bad, I'll sit on the fence, cos' K-On has its good and bad points. But I seriously do hope it doesn't screw up the series ala Endless 8 Arc-style of trolling tho

GarLogan78 said:

What do you mean by the same situation as haruhi? Eight episodes of the exact same thing?

I think he meant that the second season screwing up the entire series.
Dec 30, 2009 9:57 PM
Oct 2009
YAY! Any predictions on when the second season would be out? Can't wait to see some moar mioooo!
Dec 30, 2009 9:58 PM

Aug 2009
valenceelectron said:

GarLogan78 said:

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

K-On = if it had ended with just first season, I would have nothing to say. However, K-On with the second season is... just not it.
Dec 30, 2009 10:49 PM

Sep 2008
Goo4 said:
valenceelectron said:

GarLogan78 said:

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

K-On = if it had ended with just first season, I would have nothing to say. However, K-On with the second season is... just not it.

I can't say I am surprised by another season, just look at the amount of merchandise already out for K-ON (I think the amount of music singles, especially the really lame idea ones such as Yui singing in a Husky voice) show that this stuff sells enough for them to keep releasing more of the show. DVD sales have been high, etc. Kyoani know that making more will do well for them, Haruhi S2 has had good dvd sales regardless of the Endless Eight hate as well. (People could argue that they are doing it 'for the fans' but everything revolves around money, don't kid yourselves)
Dec 30, 2009 10:56 PM

Dec 2009
YAAA !!! more dressup for gitaru-kun !! XD
I can see your house from here ...
Dec 30, 2009 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
FUCK YES!!! HAPPY DAY!!! HAPPY DAY!!!!
Dec 31, 2009 12:41 AM

Apr 2009
Awesome!! I can't wait :)
Dec 31, 2009 1:29 AM

Apr 2009
awesome! XXD
Dec 31, 2009 2:10 AM

Sep 2009
It's time for me to finish the first season.
Dec 31, 2009 2:18 AM

May 2008
YAY!!!!!!! More K-ON!!!!!

Dec 31, 2009 2:24 AM

Sep 2009
Nice!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Dec 31, 2009 2:30 AM

Jul 2008
Looks like there is ultramoe in my future.
Dec 31, 2009 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
Whoa.. I didn't expect this actually o.o or rather, I didn't even think about the possibility. It's a nice suprise though ^^
Dec 31, 2009 2:46 AM

Oct 2007
And trends continue to go exactly as I predicted around this time 3 years ago. :D To be honest even I am surprised as to just how dead on I was about everything to do with moe and Kyoani and where it would all lead.

Right now I'm wondering when the internets people will pay attention for a change, prove they really aren't just programs set up to make the same basic one sentence replies to assorted topics and finally check in with reality long enough to realize that there likely won't be another Full Metal Panic until Shoji Gatoh is free and willing to supervise the project. If the following can somehow be accomplished they might also do well to stop asking things of a company that knows it can make substantially more money by appealing to devoted moe otaku then to undertake the exponentially greater challenge of adapting a fairly intricate storyline on it's own for what is certain to result in an inversely proportional drop in the expected profit margin. Not saying it will never happen, but you have to look at the current situation for what it is. You know....as in look and be aware?
PeacingOutDec 31, 2009 3:06 AM
Dec 31, 2009 2:53 AM
Jun 2009
can't wait^^

Dec 31, 2009 2:58 AM

May 2007
Epic news to end 2009
Dec 31, 2009 3:11 AM

Nov 2007
Yay. Another endless 8 remake - K-On style.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Singer-Songwriter Sayuri Dies at 28

Vindstot - 1 hour ago

9 by Boazanian »»
15 minutes ago

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Mar 18

8 by Yvonnelim99 »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Gorilla no Kami kara Kago sareta Reijou wa Ouritsu Kishidan de Kawaigarareru' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Sep 24

5 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Ojisan' Reveals Supporting Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

2 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» Video Game 'Decapolice' Gets TV Anime in 2026

DatRandomDude - Sep 24

6 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.