Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 27, 2022 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Just watched the movie in Cinema! I liked movie a lot!
The movie was enjoyable. I liked the CGI animation and I would like to see another movie if CGI is this good.
The animation, humor & fights were great. The only thing I didn't liked was rage mode of Cell, everything else was great.
My favorite characters from movie were Gamma 1 & 2, Piccolo & pan. Orange Piccolo was awesome to watch.
My favorite part is easily Gohan's new form and his final attack. Animation went nuts in that scene.

Overall:- 8.5/10 movie for me!
Aug 27, 2022 1:25 PM

Jul 2019
Very typical for a Dragon Ball movie, but can I deny that I still very much enjoyed it. Honestly, I didn't think the 3dcg would still be too well with me but this movie was p good regardless.

I enjoyed the whole thing and will rewatch this in sub since I watched this in cinema dubbed.

Some memorable shit:
- Beerus flirting 😳
- Bulma cake 😳
- GOAThan coming back and Piccolo glow up 🙏
- Pan being very based 🙏

OST pretty damn good but I forgot it already. Will find it again sometime. I need to finish DBS and Broly tho now.
Aug 27, 2022 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
I was, to my own surprise, VERY into the movie way more than I thought I would be. I'm extremely satisfied with the amount of WELL DESERVED screentime/hype moments for both Piccolo and Gohan. It's been long overdue since this wonderful duo got to shine once more and they certainly delivered in this gem of a movie.

Loved this movie start to finish! 😁
Aug 28, 2022 1:35 AM

Jun 2013
Amazing animation
Aug 29, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2015
Orange Pickles > Gohan Blanco
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 29, 2022 4:54 PM

Nov 2012
Absolutely loved the new movie, got goosebumps at Gohan's special beam cannon. The flashback stuff all looked soo good too, I wish Kai had been that beautiful.
Cell Max, and the Gammas are great enemies, I was expecting a lil more personality to Cell Max but w/e. Hedo and Magenta were great too, I really felt the OG Dragon Ball humour in this movie. Magenta standing on the boxes to appear taller was hilarious. Was cool to see the Broly cameo too, looking forward to seeing Broly and Gohan/Piccolo's new forms in the Super continuation, whatever that may be! I reckon an announcement is coming soon, either of another movie, or the follow up series.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 29, 2022 7:08 PM
Mar 2022
better then broly ngl
Aug 30, 2022 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
RimveBiceps said:
Amazing animation

I was worried at first that CGI might not be as good as one would expect it to be in a movie belonging to such huge and popular franchise, but luckily it was not half bad. In fact, it was marvelously done.

Another thing worth of commending was fighting choreography. Detailed, smooth, well animated and creative.
Aug 31, 2022 4:26 PM
Mar 2021
Druga połowa oddawała
Aug 31, 2022 8:37 PM

Aug 2018
I finally went to see it at the movies, it was very good!!
I liked it a lot, it was very entertaining, the fights were great and the animation was pretty good.

Sep 1, 2022 2:57 AM
Oct 2021
AMAZING. JUST AMAZING
Sep 1, 2022 3:05 AM

Dec 2021
This movie wouldve benefited if it was an arc in dbs, by alot
imagine seeing gohan going through training again and then gaining the new form
Sep 2, 2022 8:20 AM
Oct 2021
i go to cinema and it was so cool
Sep 3, 2022 3:07 AM
Feb 2014
finally a movie or a season that doesn't focused only on goku or vegeta a time that give the spot light to other charecters
Sep 4, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
Just saw it at the cinema.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 4, 2022 1:29 PM
Apr 2022
Best db film in the history
Sep 9, 2022 9:49 PM

May 2020
I think the last movie was a little better but I still loved this one. It was much funnier than I expected. I never really found Dragon Ball that funny, but Toriyama was at the top of his game when he wrote this. I laughed a lot. At times it was just like something Team Four Star would write. Pan was incredibly cute too. 9/10 from me.
Sep 10, 2022 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
Dr. Gero's grandson? Gohan Blanco? Orange Piccolo? Cell Max? I'm sorry but is this a fanfiction that some 10 years old wrote whose parents work for Toei so they got it adapted into a movie? Seriously, they even went out of their way to make Gohan's hair bigger so his adult body would look more like Cell Game Gohan lmao.

So after Ultra Instinct got ragdolled by 3 people in the Granolah arc, here are 2 androids who are as strong as Goku, Cell wannabe who is far stronger, Piccolo who wishes to be strong, and Gohan surpassing everyone by getting really mad because P O T E N T I A L as always. Ultra Instinct everyone, the penultimate technique that not even gods could achieve.

At least the SOL moments were nice I guess, and the visual was great even though the fight were underwhelming compared to Broly.
Sep 12, 2022 11:03 AM
Nov 2017
I didn't expect it to be this good, and I was afraid the CGI would be too difficult for me to focus on the plot but I quickly got used to it. The plot was pretty decent and the new characters were very interesting and it was great to see Goten and Trunks older with their (failed but funny af) fusion. Though I must say Beerus weird acting around that girl whose name I forgot, was a bit strange and way out of character lol. What was mind-blowing for me was also the many fighting scenes as CGI, it was done very well! And the OST was insane, not gonna lie. Would've been
CranefaceSep 12, 2022 11:07 AM
Sep 13, 2022 10:44 AM
Aug 2022
[Spoiler thoughts...] I was nostalgic over the fact that Dragonball was really a huge part of my childhood and to some extent raised my expectation of this movie.
The great stuff:
- Piccolo getting a power boost.
- Gohan taking a leading role.
- Shenron with the upgrade.
- Comedic Beerus being infatuated with Cheelai.
- Comedic Bulma making beauty wishes.
- Comedic fusion Trunks & Goten.

The not so great stuff:
- The movie tried to tell too much of a good story in a short time (it felt lacking)
- I think the nostalgic part of me wanted Cell 2.0 to swallow Gamma 1 and 2. I was kind of disappointed it didn't happen (but this is its own story and I respect that - this is just my opinion)
- We did not get to fully see the true capabilities of Gamma 1 and 2. There background story was understood, but it felt lacking in explaining their powers and the comparison of those powers with the likes of Gohan, Piccolo or even Goku.
- The scope of the movie felt a bit limited given how big the Multiverse is and what we know with so many Universes, Zen-o-sama and Jiren.

But I did enjoy it. Definitely been deprived of canon DBS content.
Sep 18, 2022 5:44 AM
Aug 2022
Look, I hate the orange color but love that Pic finally got a serious upgrade. Gohan's upgrade was nice as well. Over all good movie. Animation(Drawing?) Style looked alittle weird at first but it grew on me through out the movie. Wound recommend
Sep 20, 2022 10:35 PM
Aug 2019
As a long time Dragon Ball fan, this is definitely great. It really does justice to Gohan and Piccolo. Overall, I really loved it
Sep 23, 2022 3:47 AM
May 2021
Saw it at the drive in movie theatre and it was AWESOME!
Sep 28, 2022 1:38 PM

Nov 2016
Piccolo = child beater comfirmed xD

Great that he took the center stage again for a change. As much as I enjoyed him as uncle for Pan in Super, it's not quite the same as having the badass fighter back. Same goes for Gohan.

Putting aside all the plot contrivances, I enjoyed the mix between slice of life, comedy and CGI action.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2022 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
i was surprised at how fun the movie was just up until Cell Max showed who really dragged the movie down, this has to be one of the worst DB movie villains, up there with Bio-Broly an King Slug
the Gammas were fun, an Piccolo infiltrating RR headquarters was entertaining, he is really a babysitter lmao, so now the good guys have a scientist on their side who can create SSJ Blue lvl androids
Orange Piccolo was lame, i prefered how Piccolo could just power up without changing appearance an then theres Gohan Blanco (an to me thats his official name) i dont think we ve even gonna get any explanation as to what that is

añso why has Gohan forgotten so many basic things? i mean the universe tournament wasnt that long ago right? an also dont like that they keep impying that Goku doesnt know what mental training is, like he has done it before

7/10

they really brought Norio Wakamoto back just to scream a lot WTF
Oct 7, 2022 12:29 PM
May 2020
Roteiro preguiçoso, personagens inimigos genericos, lutas com impacto devastador e tudo que Dragon Ball pode oferecer, o brilho dessa obra esta na comédia e na pancadaria, o roteiro sempre foi bem ruim e tudo bem, Dragon Ball é a obra que entrega diversão e nessa homenagem a dupla Piccolo e Gohan podemos ver toda a diversão encarnando um pouco da nostalgia seguida de uma animação interessante
Oct 9, 2022 4:47 PM
Dec 2020
it was Fire. letsgooo
Oct 13, 2022 2:21 AM

Feb 2021
That new transformation are awesome!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 13, 2022 4:05 AM
Oct 2022
Went so hard, 10/10
Oct 22, 2022 1:27 PM

Mar 2021
Just more nostalgia bait from the most creatively bankrupt anime / manga going.
Oct 22, 2022 1:30 PM

Mar 2021
JustMonaka said:
Dr. Gero's grandson? Gohan Blanco? Orange Piccolo? Cell Max? I'm sorry but is this a fanfiction that some 10 years old wrote whose parents work for Toei so they got it adapted into a movie? Seriously, they even went out of their way to make Gohan's hair bigger so his adult body would look more like Cell Game Gohan lmao.

So after Ultra Instinct got ragdolled by 3 people in the Granolah arc, here are 2 androids who are as strong as Goku, Cell wannabe who is far stronger, Piccolo who wishes to be strong, and Gohan surpassing everyone by getting really mad because P O T E N T I A L as always. Ultra Instinct everyone, the penultimate technique that not even gods could achieve.

At least the SOL moments were nice I guess, and the visual was great even though the fight were underwhelming compared to Broly.

Dragon Ball fans are the worst. If a fan pitched this idea, they would call it terrible. Dragon Ball Super is basically just repeating past events with a different coat of paint.

They should rename Dragon Ball Super to Dragon Ball Rehash, because that is all it really is, and it's definitely not super.
-Hermit-Oct 30, 2022 10:09 PM
Nov 1, 2022 5:28 AM
Apr 2021
Since we’re basically back where z ended now what do you think they’ll do?
Nov 2, 2022 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
Smug_Wendy said:
Since we’re basically back where z ended now what do you think they’ll do?

Probably have gohan and piccolo get jobbed by some random guy to show how strong he is then have goku and vegeta fight him then goku finish it
Nov 4, 2022 5:36 PM
Nov 2022
tan hermoso como los protagonistas de la película cambian a gohan, picoro y su hija dando espacio a que no deben depender siempre de goku y vegetta para el cuidado del planeta
Nov 8, 2022 12:45 PM

Oct 2010
As a fan of Piccolo and Gohan, this movie was a blast to watch and so welcome. Wish we got more this type of stuff where other team was given a spotlight. Piccolo was MVP in this!
Dec 7, 2022 11:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It has several points that are reminiscent of the beginnings of this mythical series, supported by current technological advances and its incorporation, even so, the lousy animation ends up failing at specific moments in this film, especially in the fights.

7/10

kekeke
Dec 10, 2022 5:21 AM

Jan 2018
The CGI seemed a lot better than what was shown in the trailers. After a certain point, I forgot I was watching a CGI anime so I think it was pretty good. But that doesn't mean I'd take this over hand-drawn animation. Seriously, why? Why did they settle for CGI after that beautiful Broly movie? Sure, Broly had some CGI too, but it was 2D for the most part. In this movie, there are some 2D scenes but they're not anything very complex. At the very least, this movie looks a lot better than that one Seven Deadly Sins movie. The very existence of that movie is a sin.

CGI ranting aside, this was a good movie. But it wasn't anything really special. Gohan's new transformation wasn't that memorable and Cell Max was underwhelming. I know people have been wanting 'Golden Cell' after Golden Frieza. This was probably the best way of bringing Cell back without doing the same thing as Resurrection 'F' so I can't really blame the writers for it.

The best part about this movie was Pan. She's so sweet! I loved Piccolo's interactions with her. Piccolo's raising her like he raised Gohan. Best dad. Now that I've watched Urusei Yatsura, it feels weird hearing Ataru's seiyuu Toshio Furukawa voicing Piccolo. Man is so talented. "Orange Piccolo" is cool and all but they seriously need to rename that form... The new voice actress is good but I'll always miss Hiromi Tsuru as Bulma.

I loved that this movie was focused on Piccolo and Gohan. When was the last time Dragon Ball did that? Broly Second Coming? That was a dumpsterfire. I hope if the Dragon Ball anime continues they make Pan an actually likable character instead of making her a bitchy tsundere like GT did. I think the marketing hyped up Goten and Trunks but they didn't really do anything significant. "Saiyans have a growth spurt after a certain point?" I guess that makes sense in the context of the original Dragon Ball. But I'm almost certain they would've made shit up otherwise cause they forgot about Goten and Trunks in Super.

As I said, this movie wasn't that special but it kept me entertained the whole way through. It got me looking forward to what the Dragon Ball anime does next.
0451Dec 10, 2022 5:25 AM
Dec 11, 2022 1:03 AM

Jun 2012
Saw this at the cinema with friends yesterday and the most enjoyable part was bickering afterwards about how bad it was. lol

"Miles better than Evangelion, Anno was obliterated!" - One of my friends, after exiting the cinema lol
Dec 11, 2022 3:44 AM

Mar 2010
This was so good. I loved the jokes and the action.
Poking fun at Gohans "vision enhancing when super saiyan", Vegetas "kinda lazy ish now" and other things.. was hilarious XD
Best part was Piccolo when he poked at Goten and Trunks' failed fusion coming in handy. Such a nice movie for a to old style and new style type feel
Dec 11, 2022 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
Very good movie. Loved the Piccolo and Pan moments. Loved the Bulma ass moments. Loved the Gammas and was sad when 2 died. Dr Hado is cool too and I like that he’s joined the Z crew.

The Cell fight was kind of meh because it’s always boring to have a mindless villain but the amazing animation made up for it. I still don’t know how to feel about Beast Gohan but Orange Piccolo is cool.
Dec 12, 2022 12:59 PM
May 2021
very clean animation
Dec 13, 2022 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
Dat recap.
A man gets out the car.
Magenta. Dem pics.
Dr. Gero's grandson.
Dr. Hedo. 24.
Carmine.
Dat chart. Vomi. Gevo.
He's in prison?
He stole 3 corpses?
He's out.

And that was the end. If there's one thing this series knows what to do best, it is wasting time. Once again, a movie that does not progress the plot. Why? Because as usual, they bring back old villains instead of making a new one. The only time a DB movie felt like there was progress was Kami to Kami with Beers because the possibilities were now endless. What did Toriyama do? Bring back Freeza. He did that already after the Namek arc. Why do that again after introducing Beers? What happened after Super? Toriyama brought back Broly by making him actually canon to the series. We seen Broly come back like 2 after his original debut. But only that, he once again had Saiyans fighting Saiyans. For a race thats basically extinct, why do you have a hard on wanting them to keep fighting each other? The main formula with these movies is to bring back an old villain or fight a Saiyan. Now with this movie... Toriyama brings back the Red Ribbon Army (THE SERIES HAS MOVED ON FROM THEM; WE ARE FIGHTING OTHER UNIVERSES) after they've been brought back many times. And he brings back Cell as Cell Max. To make it worse, all Cell Max does is yell. Literally wasting Norio Wakamoto's talents (and Toriyama stated he felt sorry for that). What the actual fock?!

Next, Toriyama originally had Piccolo going to be lead, but then Iyoku pushed for Gohan to star with him. Proof that Gohan is pointless and has been pointless since getting absorbed by Boo back in the early 90's since Toriyama didn't even think of making Gohan the lead and he had to be forced into it. So what's the point of making Gohan get a new form? We all know after this the story will go back to Goku and Vegeta. Making Gohan get a new form doesn't make sense. Then you see Gohan getting cocky again (crazy face and smile) as he watched Cell Max create that big death ball then Piccolo called his name and snapped him out of it. He didn't learn his lesson. As for Piccolo, I don't have anything negative to say, it's just that why now all of sudden for him to get a power up? If anything, he should have gotten it years ago in the story timeline to keep up with Goku. At this point when Goku is a SSGSS and trying to master Migatte no Gokui, it just feels pointless.

Next, after achieving the animation to look like old school DB in the Broly movie, they knew fans loved that style, especially when compared to Super (and the animation drama when the series started). They got it right. I'm not saying the Super TV sequel would like that, but at least we could expect future movies to look like Broly. What did they do? As expected, they changed what did not need to be changed just to piss fans off. Not only that, it was CG. To add insult to injury, the movie literally starts with 2D animation. All the flashback scenes are in 2D. The movie literally could have been in 2D. And the flashback scenes looked amazing. So what was the reason other than to piss off 2D lovers? I don't like CG because I prefer traditional in anime. I will admit when CG looks good like with Polygon Studios work on Sidonia no Kishi, for example. I'm not unreasonable. The scene when Gamma #2 flies down at Cell Max then as Cell Max is grabbing his arm the ground explodes. That looked amazing.

Finally, I saw what they did. Mamoru (means protect) as Gamma #2 tried to protect everyone by sacrificing himself. I loved how everyone kept dropping to their knees with their head down unconscious like when Recoome got dropped by Goku punching him in the stomach. Gohan dropping the Senzu like how he dropped/didn't catch the Potara Earring in the Boo arc. What's Magenta's relationship with Violet for him to have a photo of her? Next, modern day Dragon Ball designs just get worse. How does Gero and the sexy Vomi create Gevo then their grandson Hedo is short and fat? Not even intimidating. It has to be mothers side? Speaking of Vomi, Gero is one lucky mother f'er to get with one of sexist DB characters (when modeled by ASW). Bulma most likely having anal sex with Vegeta considering her BBL and "tightening". Speaking of butt, they knew to focus on Cheelai booty and they delivered. Goten and Trunks finally grew and yet they are still a waste of time. Nothing but fusion jokers. Anyway, the contrast between Piccolo training Gohan as a 4 year old compared to Pan at 3 feels so weird. Pan got it easy while Gohan had to survive training. Speaking of Pan, she sure can act.
RobDec 13, 2022 5:01 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 20, 2022 8:07 AM
Dec 2013
- Didn't like that it was in 3DCGI.
- Gamma 1 and 2 were cool antagonists, who thought they were the good guys, until they realised the truth. They actually cared about their creator, unlike Android 17 and 18, as 17 killed his creator Dr Gero.
- Cell is my fav Dragon Ball character, so it was cool seeing Cell Max, who looks like Semi-Perfect Cell, but has the personality of Kid Buu and is giant, unlike normal Cell.
- It was cool seeing Gohan and Piccolo's transformations: Gohan Beast and Orange Piccolo. It was also great to see Piccolo turn giant again. I watched Dragon Ball Z before Dragon Ball. He never turned into a giant during DBZ, so I was surprised when I watched Dragon Ball and he turned into a giant during his fight with Goku. He'd never do that again until this movie.
- Even though the movie did show Goku and Vegeta, I was surprised they weren't involved in the fights that were taking place on Earth at all.
- Vegeta finally won a fight against Goku. Meaning he finally achieved his goal in life!

Good movie. It was cool to see that Piccolo and Gohan are capable of fighting strong enemies without the aid of Goku and Vegeta. But damn do I wish it was in 2D. Hopefully a continuation of Dragon Ball Super gets made and they remake this movie in 2D.
wildhoodDec 20, 2022 8:36 AM
Dec 24, 2022 4:46 AM
Apr 2022
is best dragon bLL MOVEI
Dec 28, 2022 11:23 AM
May 2020
Had a nice story, and awesome fights. Great to see Piccolo and Gohan be the one in charge.
All this 3D animation needs some getting used to, but I believe that it can work, and give Dragon Ball some new life if more movies og series were to come.
Jan 1, 2023 10:53 PM
Jul 2019
Ah brother Pan-Chan honestly really amazes me, at the age of 3 he knows so well and besides that he is also smart. I'm sure he'll surpass Gohan when he's his age. Still, brother, how disappointing even Picollo admitted that Gohan was really bad at everything, but I'm amazed that he managed to come up with an extremely amazing new form. But what a shock I was when I heard Bulma's wishes. 🤣😭

Jan 2, 2023 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
Sorry, but I liked this movie.

They gave the best character, Piccolo, the spotlight. They redeemed weak academic Gohan. They gave best girl Bulma fanservice (I grew up in the 90s... I like Bulma, okay?). Good fight animation. Yeah, good stuff--glad it exists.
Jan 2, 2023 7:57 PM

Dec 2015
Came up with low expectations, and walked out with a smile on my face. I love this movie.
Jan 4, 2023 2:20 AM
Sep 2016
Damn amazing. Not much else to say.
Jan 4, 2023 9:12 AM
Jul 2022
best anime all time

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Dragon Ball is creatively bankrupt

-Hermit- - Oct 22, 2022

34 by Marloges »»
May 9, 4:20 PM

» Pan is the redeemer of this film, and all I want is a new gen Dragon Ball adventure starring her.

middle_pickup - Dec 29, 2023

9 by middle_pickup »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:59 PM

» Thoughts on the cgi?

TASM18 - Dec 25, 2022

23 by middle_pickup »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:06 PM

» Available on Prime Video

JohanJ04 - Dec 2, 2023

0 by JohanJ04 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:26 PM

» Dragon Ball Super Super Hero is now the number 1 Dragon Ball movie

deg - May 13, 2023

15 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 24, 2023 6:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.