Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 23, 2020 7:44 PM

Oct 2019
Definitely the weakest episode so far. But it had its moments.
Inumaki is like Black Bolt! Except weaker, Black Bolt literally shakes the planet when he speaks. Hold on...
Gojou is a scene stealer, yep. Goddamn these girls are cute— that idol that Toudou went to shake hands with and Miwa are waifu material.
That ending was interesting. Very dark.
Nov 23, 2020 11:18 PM

Aug 2017
The girls in this Anime are DAMN FINE!!!!!! But no-one comes close to Nobara!

Nov 24, 2020 12:44 AM

Mar 2018
animejas said:
This was.... an episode. Not necessarily bad (except the comedy as usual) but just bland for me personally substance wise again, although I can understand it for this week given it was the followup to last week's episode which was more action-packed in comparison. The ending before the ending song kicked in was decent too.

I agree with you. This was the least interesting Jjk episode. Made me drop my rating from 8/10 to 7/10. Hopefully, the next episode delivers.
Nov 24, 2020 12:49 AM

Mar 2018
AcbSnakeDemon said:
Definitely the weakest episode so far. But it had its moments.
Inumaki is like Black Bolt! Except weaker, Black Bolt literally shakes the planet when he speaks. Hold on...
Gojou is a scene stealer, yep. Goddamn these girls are cute— that idol that Toudou went to shake hands with and Miwa are waifu material.
That ending was interesting. Very dark.

How is he black bolt tho? Doesn't Inumaki control the opponent's body for a while unlike black bolt who destroys things by whispering or talking? They're totally different.
Nov 24, 2020 1:03 AM

Mar 2018
Worst episode so far. The new characters introduced were annoying, beating up the protagonists for no reason. I guess the author wanted to show a glimpse of their powers also the Panda trio's power I guess. But the execution was subpar. There was no prior setup to establish the characters' visit to the school. Same with the meeting between Gojo and that old dude. Also Itadori, the most enjoyable character in this show by far was not in this episode.
Nov 24, 2020 1:07 AM

Mar 2018
SethBigBoss said:
I'm surprised by the censorship, considering that from the beginning they haven't censored anything.

I think they changed it for the better. They look goofy af and highly suspicious to normal people in the manga.

Just ignore the above post. I'm so stupid lol. I misunderstood completely. Lol.
Alpha_DruidNov 24, 2020 1:13 AM
Nov 24, 2020 1:30 AM

Mar 2018
VTOtaku said:
A lot of people complaining about censorship and heteronormativity and gender and translation errors and w/e the eff else got their bowels in a knot. (Amazingly though not gonna complain about the Panda representing China and speaking broken Japanese being racist, but if that was a white person....)

But no one gonna talk about Fushigoro getting slammed into a wall and not getting a concussion? Like his skills can prevent the deceleration of his brain and prevent concussive forces? Y'all some dumbass fanboys/girls/people/things. Leave your fortresses of political correctness and go get some science in your life.

It was an aight episode though. Toudou is hilarious imo in part because he is so ridiculous.

Bruh. It has curses and infinite void thingies in this and you're talking about science? Although, I do agree with this snowflakiness of some people.
Nov 24, 2020 1:47 AM

Mar 2018
MangoSamurai said:
This show is just zig zagging all over the place with no care about consistency. Main character is crazy, kills monster and eats possessed finger, ok sure. Main character gets accepted to school for gifted kids, fine. Send main character who is just new to everything directly to most dangerous special grade monster, hmm i dont know about that. Main character loses his hand with no reaction and dies only to be brought back, does this show care about tension? Main character gets to ride along with his overpowered mentor explaining basically nothing. And now we get a character lazily pulling a gun on a student with no one to care standing around and also a timeskip of a month.

There is no tension, comedy and horror are mixed up all over the place. Theres no effort to try and make it comprehensive so what exactly does it want to accomplish really? Manga fans are hyping this up like crazy but I really cant see why this is so special? Is this all just about the animation honestly? And even then its no where near what AOT or even Mob Psycho pulled

Pay more attention? Gojou clearly mentioned that the higher ups wanted to get rid of Sukuna's vessel(Itadori) which is why they sent the freshmen to fight the potential special grade. Fushigoro was probably too shocked and scared of the special grade to react to Itadori losing his hand.

This episode was kinda stupid and all but the previous 7 episodes were solid.
Nov 24, 2020 1:38 PM

Jan 2017
Does enyone agree with me this is a new version of Naruto?
We have Naruto with a Demol like thing inside,Sasuke , Sakura , Kakashi, school. and even their appearance is too similar .
Nov 24, 2020 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
Ilbrat said:
We have Naruto with a Demol like thing inside,Sasuke , Sakura , Kakashi, school. and even their appearance is too similar .

Aesthetically i could see it. Otherwise Its closer to God of Highschool if it was paced out a little more, still a mess but not as much happens. atleast Naturo had a clear defining line of progress and explaination of power, with some scenes sympathetic to Naruto.
Nov 24, 2020 10:26 PM
Apr 2020
Aoi Todou looks powerful. Megumi doesn't even had the chance to actually land a counter. Welp, he's about to but Toge and Panda arrived.

Toge face reveal. So he can really speak actual normal conversation language. But, I guess, it is imbued with curse that's why he's just using limited words. So cool and powerful!

Maki is cooler than Mai. End of debate. But Mai's character is interesting, is she a lesbian?

Girl is all of us in front of Gojou-sensei. I mean, who wouldn't want a photo with Gojou-sensei if he's real? lol

Nov 25, 2020 3:26 AM

Feb 2020
Yes, I agree that the new characters are kinda annoying (and downright rude /cough Mai/). But I thought this ep was fine in terms of action and pacing. The purpose of the ep was to introduce the new characters. Was it executed to the best of its ability (for a shounen)? Not necessarily. But it did its job.

I see a lot of people complaining about how the fights in this episode had no motive. Shounen tends to have that trope of side characters picking fights just because "hurr durr you look weak". And I don't mind that. But I can see why some people can have a problem with it. You don't need to stick to a genre's conventions, and they definitely could've switched it up in respect to the motives behind the fights. I see this ep as more a filler for introducing the new characters. The next episode seems like it's going to account for the lack of action from this episode.

And as for the complaints on the overall pacing of the show - honestly, I don't see it. I've thought it about it a bit and I feel like it's fine so far in terms of its pacing and sequence of events?? Idk I'm not really one for overanalysing.

Overall this anime is shaping to be an 8-9/10 in terms of enjoyment (which is what I rate based on). It hits all the spots in terms of what I expect from a shounen anime: Mostly funny corny humour, great fight scenes and an interesting fight system. And it's all mixed with dark fantasy elements, which is one of my favourite genres. If I had to rate based on actual criticism it'd be more a 7/10. But yeah I mean I enjoy it so what's the point. Got too many things to worry about these days, don't wanna waste my time focusing on the negatives.
cryzwatchesanimeNov 25, 2020 3:36 AM
"You... are truly slothful!"

Nov 25, 2020 12:59 PM

May 2018
Is it just me but the fight at the start felt very unnecessary?
Nov 25, 2020 7:40 PM

Jan 2019
They're really throwing characters at us fast and furious style now huh? Not that I'm complaining, I'm plenty happy to see this world expanded.
Nov 25, 2020 10:45 PM

Jul 2020
I am sincerely baffled by all the positive and almost slobbering comments about Toudou (not just here at MAL but almost everywhere). I thought his character was awful and added NOTHING. I was really annoyed. Just seems like a meathead injected into the story for no real purpose. What is so interesting about him? Nothing that I can see. He talks about Megumi being boring but everyone in my house laughed about that because we all think it's Toudou who's boring. I was particularly taken aback because manga readers hyped this episode so much and.... well. They hyped the previous episode but THAT one more than lives up to the hype and was a 9/10 for me. This one? Maybe a 7? And that's for the bits listed below. Oh, and Mai? No thanks. Maki is exponentially more interesting than her sister. All that stuff with the idol was cringe-worthy except for the part where they were obviously poking fun at idols and their fans by having her recite her silly catchphrase and sprinkling hearts. That gave me some hope but then it just fell flat. We are veteran anime and manga people and can watch a lot of fan service and comedy but this episode just didn't work for us.

Now for the good: TOGE! He has a mouth and he can speak! Loved it! MIWA: Honey, we are all you in the presence of Goujo Sensei.

Take out Toudou and Mai and the episode was pretty good. With them, this is easily the weakest and least enjoyable episode. It's a major disappointment because we look forward to Fridays all week to see the new episode and this one just crushed us. I guess there's always this week.
Nov 26, 2020 7:44 PM

Oct 2008
That third close quarters combat brute was hella strong!
good thing panda and word curse dude was there to assist Fushiguro!
looks like we have this girl who is a total fan of Gojou to the point that she forgot old man's tea! LOLZ!!!
5/5.

Nov 27, 2020 11:40 AM

Jan 2017
MangoSamurai said:
Ilbrat said:

Aesthetically i could see it. Otherwise Its closer to God of Highschool if it was paced out a little more, still a mess but not as much happens. atleast Naturo had a clear defining line of progress and explaination of power, with some scenes sympathetic to Naruto.

Agree!
wonder why the artist didn't change at least hair-style or color! Couldn't be so hard.
But anyhow that's fun and entertaining and I didn't have to wait to see the face of Kakashi sensei in the filler oops I meant Gojo sensei. :)
Nov 27, 2020 3:18 PM

Aug 2017
It's more a transition episode until the end. The new characters are fine although it would have been better if the situation had been more comical hahaha.

"If you prefer men, that's fine, too."

That caught me off-guard and I love it.

-dred said:
Aeoness said:
Dropped. It is all over the place. No clear direction, but there is this otaku guy to be introduced. I guess it is to charm more readers for the manga. Whatever. I will check this after the first cour.

This is actually how it was for the manga too. Even now in the manga, the story has felt all over the place with pacing being too fast or too slow, and sometimes I even have no idea whats going on till I reread. That's one of the unique things about this series imo, because it's done intentionally by Gege Akutami. Though ofc not everyones going to like it and I understand that. Heck I've even wanted to drop the manga at times due to it, but I keep coming back

It doesn't look like that if you ask me lol.

@ttcchen So, is a translation error? I don't care about the sexuality of the characters since it is not a series based on that but I don't why they made him straight for no reason lol.
NurguburuNov 27, 2020 3:26 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 27, 2020 11:47 PM
Apr 2020
Lumayan mengejutkan karena diperlihatkan ada dua karakter baru lagi yang mempunyai sifat yang unik
Nov 28, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2008
Well looks like the crew has some training to do, and timeskip away.
Nov 28, 2020 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
Lmao "I knew it. You are boring Fushiguro" this is the first time I actually liked the show

but damn the animation especially in dynamic scenes like the fights is so bad.
Comander-07Nov 28, 2020 4:12 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 2, 2020 5:31 PM

Apr 2015
Alpha_Druid said:
MangoSamurai said:
This show is just zig zagging all over the place with no care about consistency. Main character is crazy, kills monster and eats possessed finger, ok sure. Main character gets accepted to school for gifted kids, fine. Send main character who is just new to everything directly to most dangerous special grade monster, hmm i dont know about that. Main character loses his hand with no reaction and dies only to be brought back, does this show care about tension? Main character gets to ride along with his overpowered mentor explaining basically nothing. And now we get a character lazily pulling a gun on a student with no one to care standing around and also a timeskip of a month.

There is no tension, comedy and horror are mixed up all over the place. Theres no effort to try and make it comprehensive so what exactly does it want to accomplish really? Manga fans are hyping this up like crazy but I really cant see why this is so special? Is this all just about the animation honestly? And even then its no where near what AOT or even Mob Psycho pulled

Pay more attention? Gojou clearly mentioned that the higher ups wanted to get rid of Sukuna's vessel(Itadori) which is why they sent the freshmen to fight the potential special grade. Fushigoro was probably too shocked and scared of the special grade to react to Itadori losing his hand.

This episode was kinda stupid and all but the previous 7 episodes were solid.

sounds like a fucking terrible reason considering putting two 1 years in danger next to barely being mentioned afterwards. 100 percent this is never coming into play again. Also no one seems to be able to explain anything other than that specific concern so I'm guessing those things mentioned of the first 7 ep are more than valid.

The reason ppl like it is good animation and seemingly some shonen comedy and action combination but they honestly give no fucks about how good and tightly a story is written. Eh 1 ep is bad but its still good, it doesnt work that way, 1 ep drags the whole shabang down, especially concidering it only has 24 as of now.
Dec 5, 2020 2:59 AM
Feb 2020
Comander-07 said:
Lmao "I knew it. You are boring Fushiguro" this is the first time I actually liked the show

Idk whether you're trolling. Animation is one of the redeeming points of this show. Comedy is slight bit and miss, characters are pretty cliched but animation ! Seriously ??
Dec 5, 2020 5:26 PM

Sep 2014
AnimeGodSlay said:
Comander-07 said:

Idk whether you're trolling. Animation is one of the redeeming points of this show. Comedy is slight bit and miss, characters are pretty cliched but animation ! Seriously ??
yeah it does look pretty bad on top of beeing boringly cliche.

The background art is so washed out it looks like upscaled from 480p and the characters are ugly as fuck too, they dont even have some consistency between frames. Reminds me of the infamous 5th ep or so of Dragon Ball Super.

Like really this show is so ugly it looks legitely worse than shows from 15 years ago.

I guess not beeing moe styled is enough for the normies to call it good looking.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 10, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
Ok lol let's just say these jujutsu students are weird af lol I'll stop trying to understand them. But man that soundtrack during the fight was on point much better than Gojou's fight soundtrack though that one was sick too.
Dec 24, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2019
good episode, some insight to what other Jujutsu members from different schools are like, and lets just say they're fucking brutal Jesus Christ. Although he's third year, Toudou seems like a walking legend already, sounds like he already has some outstanding achievements. Interesting to see what his curse is, his raw strength alone seems pretty formidable.

Poor Fushiguro, once again used as a boxing bag. However almost using some sort of skill that is hinted to be remarkably strong, if it's able to spook Sukuna and even Toudou. Inumaki and Panda saving his ass though, little clip of Inumaki's curse, pretty interesting stuff, maybe he has the curse to command people to his will? Interesting.

Mai seems to have an interesting curse ability, carrying a revolver alone is pretty intimidating, but having the ability to put cursed energy into it? Along with her ara ara voice and looks, Spicy stuff. Interested to know why Maki and Mai, although Twins, differ so much, like how Mai has cursed ability's and Maki doesn't.

The after credit scenes can be funny, even big man Toudou can have his surprising hobbies, Mai casually pulling a revolver out for security, then getting a handshake from an idol, at the end, i think it's safe to say that, that is the reaction of someone falling into a steep rabbit hole...
Dec 25, 2020 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
So 2 clowns show up, start a fight for no reason, point a gun to someone's head, then walk away scot-free? This is so stupid. Terrible episode.
Jan 4, 2021 6:01 AM

Mar 2016
Todou would really like Yuuji for both his taste of women and his close quarter combat speciality.

But aside from that... Wow, Todou and Mai are a couple of assholes, straight up just assaulting their kouhai from the other school. C'mon now what the fuck? Alright, we'll see their good sides in due time, besides their great appearance of course...

Someone with Gojou's status should have a group of fans of his own, and here it is. A fangirl! Miwa really knew how to be professional at times and act joyful the way she does during another time. Love her character design and her striking long cyan hair. I've been specifically looking forward to seeing Miwa in the ep and the wait was worth it.

Jan 23, 2021 4:32 PM

Jan 2021
These two bozos show up and a fight immediately breaks out for no reason. What even... they could've done a better introduction. This episode was meh af

And they still haven't made it clear to what extent a jujutsu sorcerer's body can withstand impact. Megumi's been shattering concrete and wooden posts since his introduction. I almost feel bad for him lol (ToT)

Sad to say comedy isn't exactly JJK's strongest points. I haven't liked any of the skits they've been pulling yet (ToT)

Also, a timeskip already? And with two new characters too. About time they showed up. Hmmm lets see how this goes.
Feb 1, 2021 2:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The cast of characters is growing, that was so much needed I love it.
Feb 23, 2021 10:09 PM

Feb 2020
Ooh, todo and mai are interesting.
Mar 5, 2021 1:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I’m just glad that she managed to get her pic with gojou. Even though she forgot the tea.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 12, 2021 8:42 PM
Dec 2020
This shit way too good man Can’t wait to se Itadori back in action
Mar 15, 2021 12:40 PM
Sep 2018
yeah a great episode
Mar 22, 2021 6:05 PM

Dec 2015
And thus the Takada fandom grew in size lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 23, 2021 2:16 PM

Mar 2019
Gojou is such a badass. I love his character. Also that scene when he talked about the "new generation" and mentioned "yuuji who's now the host of sukuna" got me so hyped.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 25, 2021 3:02 AM

Nov 2018
And people were seriously acting like it's some FMAB level thing when it's not even Gintama level ... Great production , but average characters , humour and plot. Slightly better than Dorohedoro and that's all. I'd even argue than Demon Slayer is better.I'm already bored...
I hate everyone equally
Apr 3, 2021 8:53 AM

Nov 2019
This episode felt very chuunin exams heavy. Building up the future fights between each other. Kind of reminds me of the hashiras too
Apr 4, 2021 7:15 PM

Aug 2018
Dont like the people from Kyoto much.
I like how they havent seen Itadori yet hahahaha

Apr 20, 2021 5:35 AM

Mar 2015
Two new rival characters are strong and interesting too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 25, 2021 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Random rivalry, just another filler episode without ay purpose. And still some people will claim that anime just hasn't enough time to show its best because 24 episodes aren't enough for this most typical shounen ever.
Jun 6, 2021 10:48 AM
Jun 2013
That was a fun little fight im guessing that panda dude is pretty strong to hold back that guy. Also find it odd that kugisaki would be mad if this dude have said big boobs since she seems to have big ones herself.
Jun 20, 2021 9:11 PM
Jan 2021
the title of this episode is exactly what I felt during the first half of it. I don't care at all for competition arcs in anime and was very disappointed when I saw that jjk has one. I don't care for the kids in the Kyoto school either. not looking forward to the next few episodes...
Jun 23, 2021 12:38 AM

Jun 2020
Two new characters introduced and they seem like a lot of trouble to handle

Poor Fushiguro he's always going through buildings he can't even take a break

Miwa is just too pure she's just entertaining to watch good thin they gave her a unique personality I mean who wouldn't be excited to see Gojou in person, Toudou is such a fangirl honestly when it comes to a girl like Takada, Weird to see Yuuji's lack of presence this episode but next episode would suffice.
Aug 10, 2021 8:45 AM

Aug 2020
Gonna be dropping the series here. Just not my type of show.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Aug 20, 2021 9:30 PM

Apr 2016
Is Megumi just a punchbag or what? That guy was annoying Mai on the other hand, could be interesting but she seems to lack the acerbic wit that would make her more than just "Maki's hot sister". The fights on this show so far seems to be "the one who is going to wreck their opponent is so fast and so strong and that's it! Look at this animation! MAPPA!".
Sep 3, 2021 10:40 PM
May 2020
Pointless violence and good taste in women, my man. And Mai is a baddie and at least somewhat gay, nice. Best
secondary characters so far.

Despite the popularity of this, I know nothing about Megumi and can't wait to see what he's hiding, they teasing so much with that. He can't catch a break tho and is also the second time they don't show Nobara's fight lol, that triggered people probably.
Sep 18, 2021 6:12 AM

Mar 2016
That really was a stupid episode....
Tachikoma saves the day !!!
Sep 24, 2021 8:43 AM

May 2019
Todo is such a womanizing ape. He's saying Fushiguro's taste in women is shallow after Fushiguro just said 'as long as she has a strong character'? What a bonehead.

Fight scene music was cool.

What was with that freaking time jump? That was so annoying.
Oct 8, 2021 11:40 PM

Sep 2015
My exact thoughts about Fushiguro, if I was him, I would've said Mai would be my type
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» 👑 Jujutsu Kaisen Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 3 )

nirererin - Sep 22

146 by wazalol »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

174 by Gator »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

248 by Gator »»
7 hours ago

» Power System Idea

Nght_Walkr - Sep 25

10 by nokimatsukae »»
Yesterday, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

357 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.