Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2022 9:21 AM
Oct 2021
Best visual episode and best aot episode post peak aot episode imo, incredible
Feb 20, 2022 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
Bit of a laid back episode, but nice to see Hanji and Levi/Annie and Hitch again.
Feb 20, 2022 10:01 AM
May 2021
Okay.

So how many more episodes is this, 3 or 5?
Feb 20, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2021
Slimsith said:

So how many more episodes is this, 3 or 5?

It's 12 episodes 2nd part. There is going to be 1 week break between 11 and 12 though.
Feb 20, 2022 10:17 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Great episode it was nice seeing Annie again.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Feb 20, 2022 10:17 AM

Apr 2020
imbAF said:
jaunis said:
Not gonna lie, Floch is pretty based. The pace is so unbelievably slow, I think it's the slowest yet for AoT. Still don't get what is the reason for Annie to return besides love interest for Armin. She was heavily underdeveloped in S1 and bringing her back for some exposition about her past 3 seasons later doesn't really change much, one of the weakest characters in AoT, considering she's a shifter. First time when an AoT episode felt way too stretched out for me, they couldn't even fit the ED in, and this is supposed to be adapting only ONE chapter. If they keep this up, AotS4P2 second half might end up the weakest AoT has ever been. And honestly, final season has covered the main cast in too much plot armor nowadays, like seriously, why is Levi even alive? In S2 all it took was for him to hurt his leg slightly to no longer be able to fight, and now you're telling me that he'll somehow contribute to the plot/fight while being a fucking cripple? There is literally no reason for Levi to not be dead right now, his popularity is the only thing keeping him alive, such a shame.

Fellow manga reader I see. Let me pretend you are an anime only for the moment. Annie came back because she was stuck in her hardening since season 1. More then Isayama bringing her back because of reasons, she came back because of conditionality of the situation.
The condition was created intentionally for Annie to return. There was no other reason to remove ALL hardening other than freeing Annie. Obviously Isayama was forced into freeing her, because otherwise there would have been a huge plot hole left in the story, that's probably why she feels so forced into this situation. It's as if Isayama decided on the Rumbling and then remembered he has to squeeze Annie in there somehow. She has had very little meaning to exist after S1, therefore I believe that Isayama did a mistake by not killing her off back then. To be fair, to plan everything ahead all the way back in the female titan arc is unrealistic, so I can't blame him.
Feb 20, 2022 10:18 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was done nicely. The very ending scene was freaking crazy. At least Levi is alive. Well. Barely if anything. Anyways looking forward to more.
Feb 20, 2022 10:32 AM
Feb 2022
Expected Annie to be MVP of this episode but for me it was Floch. He's that kind of a charecter whom you hate and love at the same time.
Feb 20, 2022 10:37 AM

Jan 2021
Floch shot the dude with no hesitation And I’ll be honest man I don’t care about Conne’s mom respectfully I’d rather see Falco in action and I expected Armin to immediately go to Anne but either way another fire episode
Feb 20, 2022 10:37 AM

Jun 2021
5/5 It was a slow-paced episode that showed how the Rumbling affected the people of Paradis. The calm before the storm :) Also nice to see Hange and Levi at the end!
Feb 20, 2022 10:39 AM

Sep 2020
jaunis said:
imbAF said:

Fellow manga reader I see. Let me pretend you are an anime only for the moment. Annie came back because she was stuck in her hardening since season 1. More then Isayama bringing her back because of reasons, she came back because of conditionality of the situation.
The condition was created intentionally for Annie to return. There was no other reason to remove ALL hardening other than freeing Annie. Obviously Isayama was forced into freeing her, because otherwise there would have been a huge plot hole left in the story, that's probably why she feels so forced into this situation. It's as if Isayama decided on the Rumbling and then remembered he has to squeeze Annie in there somehow. She has had very little meaning to exist after S1, therefore I believe that Isayama did a mistake by not killing her off back then. To be fair, to plan everything ahead all the way back in the female titan arc is unrealistic, so I can't blame him.

Can't tell if your joking or not, but Annie's reintroduction to the series was one of the smoothest integrated things ever. It was also definitely not forced and was planned from the very beginning. I see why not since the wall titans were shown right after Annie hardening herself at the end of S1.
Feb 20, 2022 10:40 AM
Jan 2021
jaunis said:
imbAF said:

The hardening was removed because the titans of the wall had to be released. So eren undid all the hardening. Tf are you talking?
Feb 20, 2022 10:42 AM

Apr 2021
An awesome episode very very much I loved it
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Feb 20, 2022 10:46 AM
Jul 2020
i cried like a fool. the last part with connie and falco, i cried so hard. i know how desperate is connie, he got no one. and i feel really bad to falco, he is a good boy though and when he said "thank you, connie-san", i cannot take it anymore sial.
Feb 20, 2022 10:47 AM

Aug 2019
A decent episode. We were due a change of pace after the chaos of the last half dozen episodes this season.

So Annie was able to hear everything Armin and Hitch had spoken to her about as she sat encased in her crystal, so understands what's happening at the moment. The conversation with her 'father' was a nice-call back to S1 before right before Eren was capture her.

Interesting line at the start of the episode by the Eldian people about the Colossals following a set line formation as they leave the island as to avoid trampling on Eldians as they leave the island. It would explain why we're still getting never-ending rows of titans passing by Shiganshina hours later.

The Gabi/Kaya conversation was pretty wholesome, and Armin on the verge of cracking is an interesting character development from him given he's been able to rise above that throughout most S4 after the time-skip.

I've never really been too interested in Connie as a character, so I'm not too invested about where Isayama is taking his arc at the moment. but that may change next episode.

A Pieck/Magath/Levi/Hange team-up incoming?

Floch trying his best to extend the 2000 years of conflict for another 2000 years.

8/10 episode from me.
xenosysFeb 20, 2022 12:23 PM
Feb 20, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2011
The honesty that almost everyone(excluding Connie & Falco) had in this episode is scary.

With Armin stating facts like that, im sure there is no other character that could be the storyteller.

Thank you Kaya for burning Gabi one more time for the journey.

Levi too angry to just die.
Feb 20, 2022 11:01 AM
Jul 2014
I like that Mappa used the ending time to adapt more since it's clear people who don't see action 24/7 think it's bad
Feb 20, 2022 11:07 AM

May 2021
Hange about Levi: Please don't worry. He's just a completely harmless guy who barely escaped death.
Zeke somewhere: AAAAHHHHHH!! *insert vietnam flashbacks*

A pretty decent episode; on the one hand, Annie narrates her backstory as payback for tolerating Mitch's own backstory for 4 years, and on the other hand, Floch doing his best to make sure the conflict lives on. Freedom!!

Gabi and Kaya had a pretty sweet moment. Armin almost snapped at Mikasa; curious to see what happens to Armin's character. On the other hand, Connie has lied to Falco in order to take him quickly to his mother. Whether or not he follows through with this plan remains to be seen.

I do appreciate MAPPA giving AoT the R:Z treatment of cutting out the ED in order to show the state that Hange and Levi are in.

RioFSFeb 20, 2022 11:23 AM

Feb 20, 2022 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
Modernoir said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
I'm sorry, who are you?

An enjoyer of the peak show of this season, looking forward to seeing the disappointment you'll feel next week when no one reacts the way you expect them to towards those "cringe moments", brother.

Cringe... (>ლ)
Feb 20, 2022 11:18 AM

Apr 2020
imbAF said:
jaunis said:

The hardening was removed because the titans of the wall had to be released. So eren undid all the hardening. Tf are you talking?
Ugh, there was no need to undo ALL the hardening, he could've just undone the hardening around the colossal titans.

Edit: Obviously this is just a nitpick, it doesn't effect the story whatsoever.
jaunisFeb 20, 2022 11:27 AM
Feb 20, 2022 11:25 AM

Apr 2020
Zprotu said:
jaunis said:

Can't tell if your joking or not, but Annie's reintroduction to the series was one of the smoothest integrated things ever. It was also definitely not forced and was planned from the very beginning. I see why not since the wall titans were shown right after Annie hardening herself at the end of S1.
The wall titans were revealed to start the whole sub-plot with the church. Obviously Annie was planned to get out eventually, but what I'm saying is that there was literally no point. They could've just killed her. I can't discuss the manga so I can't go into details, but what I mean by forced into the story is that she doesn't exactly belong in the rumbling arc, she's out of place there, a character that was just dropped into a huge conflict and there is just too little reason for her to be there, she can't contribute anything meaningful, because she's only there to fill up a plot hole.
Feb 20, 2022 11:43 AM

Sep 2016
Was a laid-back episode giving us a breather. Mappa enhanced Floch and he stole the episode. Armin lacked the intensity he had in the manga.
7/10
Feb 20, 2022 11:43 AM

Sep 2020
This episode focus more on the characters' thoughts and minds. And Levi is back!!!
Feb 20, 2022 12:02 PM

Jun 2009
Floch unfortunately refuses to die and contiues to be ... well Floch, but whatever. He will get what he deserves eventually.

Annie's flashbacks with his dad were the best part of the episode. They really improved on the manga material, since she didn't get a lot of spotlight. Gabi-Kaya relation is the most wholesome thing about this part of the story.

This was a slower episode, but still well made.

Feb 20, 2022 12:02 PM
Aug 2020
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, hype time
Feb 20, 2022 12:08 PM
Aug 2015
Not a very eventful episode but the last scene was very intriguing.
Feb 20, 2022 12:12 PM

Nov 2020
Re-watched the episode with subs,

Gorgeous colour palettes and backgrounds,
Never imagined the Rumbling would ever look this good.All manga readers were worried about it looking awful but here we are!!
I really liked the osts used in this episode as well,
Old Sawano ost coming back during Hitch-Annie scene,final scene with Jean and Floch and of course Guity hero during Armin-Mikasa convo was great.
Sound director is doing fantastic job ,I was really disappointed with season 3 and 4 part 1 but the ost choices in this part are pretty much perfect so far.
Couldn't be more pleased with this adaptation.

Overall 9/10

Preview for the next episode is very promising ,If they maintain this quality for the next 5 episodes then this might be my favorite Snk adaptation.
Pio_neerFeb 20, 2022 1:42 PM
Feb 20, 2022 12:16 PM

Dec 2015
PURRRRRR!!! can't wait for the annie and armin reunion
Feb 20, 2022 12:17 PM

May 2020
Floch is such a bozo. he not 🅿️.
Fr tho, what Armin supposed to say. He's just like me fr.

But best girl Hange is back.
iantreelFeb 20, 2022 12:26 PM
Feb 20, 2022 12:24 PM
Apr 2020
I hate armin in this episode
But I like his one word
Erwin needs to be revived in that time.

I thik if Erwin then this kind ending will not happen

By the way
After Erwin,Eren
Floch is the best badass character in aot.
He know how important Erein and Eren to that island
Feb 20, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 2020
Episode filled with good dialogs made me sympathise with various chravaters Armin ( tho it is kinda annoying how he cares so much about making a deal with the warriors while Paradise is literally at a huge advantage boy why would u care about Gabi and her trust?????) Mikasa and Jean seemed soo lost and i also feel bad for both Connie a'd Falco yes Connie too i totally understand him and he is a good person that's why he seems hesitant even tho it is his mom. The best part for me is OFC the return of Hange and the best Levi!
Feb 20, 2022 12:30 PM

Aug 2019
jaunis said:
Zprotu said:

The wall titans were revealed to start the whole sub-plot with the church. Obviously Annie was planned to get out eventually, but what I'm saying is that there was literally no point. They could've just killed her. I can't discuss the manga so I can't go into details, but what I mean by forced into the story is that she doesn't exactly belong in the rumbling arc, she's out of place there, a character that was just dropped into a huge conflict and there is just too little reason for her to be there, she can't contribute anything meaningful, because she's only there to fill up a plot hole.

They didn't want to kill her in S1 because the SC needed her to gather intel at the time, and they couldn't kill her even if they wanted to after that because she was encased in an impregnable crystal for 3 seasons and 4 years.

Killing her in S1 wouldn't have made sense, and killing her in S2-S4P1 would have been a giant asspull.

The only other alternative is that Eren intentionally leave Annie in her crystal, but still undoes Reiner's hardening on his Armored Titan? For what reason? I doubt Eren even gave Annie a passing thought when he decided to genocide the world.
xenosysFeb 20, 2022 12:35 PM
Feb 20, 2022 12:31 PM

Oct 2018
Holy shit how it hurts hearing 2B's voice coming from this horrible character called Mikasa.

At least Armin realized that Erwin should've been saved.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Feb 20, 2022 12:45 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
No wonder I forgot about Annie coming back. All she delivered was a speech on how she ignored her dad, her actions were irredeemable, but she'd do them again to go back to the dad she ignored... lol. Four years with only your thoughts spent well.

Not much else happened this episode tbh aside from some more speeches - Eldians in the intermittent zone, Armin going after Connie, Floch revealing more of their plan etc. However, Levi is still alive - although I doubt that it came as a shock to many.

A decent set-up episode in all. Let's see if next episode can live up to the foundations that have been laid here.
Feb 20, 2022 12:57 PM

May 2017
very solid episode, had some super good looking shots again. my favorite being

Feb 20, 2022 1:00 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Well, they still focus on the side chara story even though the rumbling or whatever already started.

The pace gotten slower? Are we going to see more of these episode than the actual rumbling that already started? More side chara story...
Feb 20, 2022 1:02 PM

May 2017
jaunis said:
imbAF said:

my mans gave demon slayer s2 a 9 out of 10 and talks about how much plot armor the main cast has nowadays when demon slayer s2 was the pinnacle of plot armor which is commonly memed about.
Feb 20, 2022 1:11 PM
Apr 2021
Kinda boring. It was cool seeing Annie again and stuff but I just wanna see more action
Feb 20, 2022 1:16 PM
Dec 2019
Floch lost it and is trying to justify every action even though Eren probably doesn't really rely on Floch as much as he thinks. Annie came back and we got to learn more about her.
Feb 20, 2022 1:19 PM

Apr 2020
shayed__ said:
jaunis said:

my mans gave demon slayer s2 a 9 out of 10 and talks about how much plot armor the main cast has nowadays when demon slayer s2 was the pinnacle of plot armor which is commonly memed about.
It begins. Demon slayer is a shonen anime and it doesn't try to be nearly as serious as seinen anime like Attack on Titan. You're comparing shows like Arcane to the last airbender, you can't rate them the same. They are very different shows. You can't expect, nor should you, an Attack on Titan level plot from something as basic as Demon slayer, you have to rate it for what it is.
Feb 20, 2022 1:22 PM

Jan 2018
Best part about this episode honestly is seeing Annie again cause finally It's been so long seeing her animated!
Seeing Levi and Hange again was good to see!
This is yet another amazing episode, it looks really good and the soundtrack as well!
Literally cannot wait till next weeks episode! 5/5 episode for me.

Feb 20, 2022 1:22 PM

Aug 2021
do you think that Annie will ally with Eren?
and can Levi return after all these injuries?

what do you think?

Feb 20, 2022 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
Annie are you okay?
YES, SHE IS!

Another great episode.
Feb 20, 2022 1:27 PM

Apr 2020
xenosys said:
jaunis said:

They didn't want to kill her in S1 because the SC needed her to gather intel at the time, and they couldn't kill her even if they wanted to after that because she was encased in an impregnable crystal for 3 seasons and 4 years.

Killing her in S1 wouldn't have made sense, and killing her in S2-S4P1 would have been a giant asspull.

The only other alternative is that Eren intentionally leave Annie in her crystal, but still undoes Reiner's hardening on his Armored Titan? For what reason? I doubt Eren even gave Annie a passing thought when he decided to genocide the world.
What I meant is only the hardening around colossal titans to disappear. Rainer's hardening was clearly just a hint to show that Annie was released (And the excuse to make him sleep). What I meant by killing her off is her never having went into a crystal, the crystal twist is already somewhat of an asspull, and she could've just died of any various reason you can think up. I just think she should've stayed a minor antagonist for S1, who would get some background info in S4 or S3. Obviously I don't know if this would've made the story any better, probably not even, but I just wanted to get it out of my system that Annie just doesn't really work for me in this arc. I dunno, I might have a change of heart in the upcoming episodes.
Feb 20, 2022 1:28 PM

Jul 2021
xenosys said:
A decent episode. We were due a change of pace after the chaos of the last half dozen episodes this season.

So Annie was able to hear everything Armin and Hitch had spoken to her about as she sat encased in her crystal, so understands what's happening at the moment. The conversation with her 'father' was a nice-call back to S1 before right before Eren was capture her.

Interesting line at the start of the episode by the Eldian people about the Colossals following a set line formation as they leave the island as to avoid trampling on Eldians as they leave the island. It would explain why we're still getting never-ending rows of titans passing by Shiganshina hours later.

The Gabi/Kaya conversation was pretty wholesome, and Armin on the verge of cracking is an interesting character development from him given he's been able to rise above that throughout most S4 after the time-skip.

I've never really been too interested in Connie as a character, so I'm not too invested about where Isayama is taking his arc at the moment. but that may change next episode.

Floch trying his best to extend the 2000 years of conflict for another 2000 years.

8/10 episode from me.

I like your take on the episode.

I know that Annie was a villain in S1 but I was hoping that she and Hitch would recall some sort of friendship. Annie needed a hug so badly. Gabi and Kaya hugging was made up for it.

Floch is annoying but he shouldn't die. He's an interesting character and I'm eager to see how his story will play out.

Agree on Connie. When he explained himself, I thought "oh my god, you're going crazy too?" We only have 5 episodes left to wrap up the entire story. I hope we get good, satisfying ending.
Feb 20, 2022 1:31 PM

Aug 2015
Bae Annie is back!

Annie got to shine, and Floch too this episode!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Feb 20, 2022 1:32 PM

Feb 2021
Unbelievably boring, didn't even know that hitch character was already established, but I don't care enough to look it up, don't give a shit about Annie or hitch's story, only watching to see how much worse it's gonna get. I at least cared 1% more for this than Eren's dad's unnecessary flashback, which was also extremely boring
Feb 20, 2022 1:34 PM
Apr 2021
good filler episode after last week's action

was nice to learn about Annie's backstory

wouldn't mind being the meat in between a Hitch and Annie horse ride sandwich
Feb 20, 2022 1:35 PM

Jul 2021
DeonX said:
Another amazing episode! Finally, we get to see more of Annie. Hitch looking hella fine ;D

Waiting for the Armin and Annie interaction lol.

Those yaegerists are still chanting 'Shinzo wo Sasageyo'. The Eldians in Liberio are pissing their pants rn lmao. Floch needs to chill fr. Connie and Falco riding into the sunset, what could go wrong? Also, fan-favourite Levi and Hange are back!!! I need the subs asap.

Hitch is a dime. I liked her better with her old hair though.

I always knew the Shinzo wo Sasageyo bite back. The author knew what he was doing with the salute and the trenchcoat/armband combo.

Can't wait for Armin + Annie. Is she still going to be a good person for him?
Feb 20, 2022 1:36 PM
Apr 2021
barsoapguy219 said:
xenosys said:

8/10 episode from me.

I like your take on the episode.

I know that Annie was a villain in S1 but I was hoping that she and Hitch would recall some sort of friendship. Annie needed a hug so badly. Gabi and Kaya hugging was made up for it.

Floch is annoying but he shouldn't die. He's an interesting character and I'm eager to see how his story will play out.

Agree on Connie. When he explained himself, I thought "oh my god, you're going crazy too?" We only have 5 episodes left to wrap up the entire story. I hope we get good, satisfying ending.

i think there will be a movie to close the story out, doesn't seem like ending AOT completely in five episodes is possible
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.