Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, a story of tragedy and despair. This episode hits hard in the feels.

Even man tears were shed. I bet Kage wasn't prepared for a grown man to express that much gratitude to him. Looks like Boji is having a hard time letting go of the past though.
Feb 3, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
25:00 JST next
tsubasaloverFeb 3, 2022 8:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2022 8:36 AM
Sep 2021
We're back to what made Ranking of Kings so good : Emotions !

A lot happened in this episode, a lot of informations and development ..

The studio that worked on this episode is Studio Massket (Banana Fish, 7Seed, Gleipnir... etc), and they did extremely well !

Full list : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=15807

I cannot wait for next week, this episode is a 10/10 from me.
Feb 3, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
It's clear who King Desha is after: Miranjo, the woman whom tore the Kingdom of Bosse apart, Bojji being the only one left alive after the bloody massacre being shielded by his biological mother, and young Desha tit-for-tat-ing with young Miranjo.

It's back to more backstories, and Gigan was once part of Desha's army, only for them to misplace their trust on the humans whom used the army of Gigans as tools for their own gain. And Bojji felt the same, but he didn't want to go against Desha to preserve Gigan as friend and not foe. It's none other than his own brother Despa that puts the nail on the coffin to use Bojji against Bosse, while he can focus on getting Miranjo.

It's hard for Desha to have it all together regarding their family's history and his own army, even if Despa grew to hate his older brother because of the war and the revolt of their father. It's actually good premonition that the Captain of the Underworld is already thinking of putting Gigan into his ranks, but the final decision is always left to Gigan, and Desha retreating with the Order of the Underworld, Gigan and the others is a nice resolution and alternative to prepare for the final war.

Domas definitely felt the gravity of his own sin by betraying Bojji, and Kage having to smooth out this part is tougher than it looks since Bojji still remembers as long as Domas lives. But Ouken transforming into a dark entity...honestly didn't see that coming.

All I can say is, this episode hearkens back to greatness when emotions are involved.
Feb 3, 2022 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
good the animation and direction is better this episode and made the story more enjoyable

Miranjo killed the mother of Boji eh

Gigan backstory shows he is a good guy after all

and Boji being the strongest is confirmed again

Domas is not yet forgiven by Boji

but damn Ouken got let loose again and is he gonna kill Despa
Feb 3, 2022 9:58 AM

Jul 2019
MiniFreeza said:
We're back to what made Ranking of Kings so good : Emotions !

A lot happened in this episode, a lot of informations and development ..

The studio that worked on this episode is Studio Massket (Banana Fish, 7Seed, Gleipnir... etc), and they did extremely well !

Full list : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=15807

I cannot wait for next week, this episode is a 10/10 from me.
I'm pretty sure the episode wasn't outsourced to them
Feb 3, 2022 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
What I like the most is this episode perfectly capture how Domas feel guilty and how he want to atone for his unforgivable action. Because I was in Domas position for too many times, and I understand that bad feeling, the feeling of "if I could rewind the time, I'll never ever do this".
Feb 3, 2022 10:06 AM
Oct 2016
Every time I see how amazing, and genuine the bond between Bojji and Kage is I start to cry. Especially when seeing Kage supports Bojji who he knows is dealing with something very upsetting. Their bond is the absolute heart of this show and keeps hope alive even when things don't look good. This episode like the last didn't have much if any fighting but still dished out important information along with backstory. Bojji hearing the anime Miranjo causing him to remember that heartbreaking scene when his mother died. That got me started crying at the beginning of the episode seeing that. Oh man that crushed me knowing Bojji went through something like that. It looked like some sort of attack orchestrated by Miranjo on the first queen but the hired goons killed Miranjo too or something. We need to see the full version of that history to know what fully happened. But just Bojji being literally guarded by his mother with her own body, that hurt a lot to see.

Similar feeling later when we saw the explanation of why Gigan is a criminal in the underworld. Honestly I don't blame the guy for what he did, it'd be hard not to intervene seeing your own people be butchered so cruelly like that. Using the kid as bait too, like damn that's all kinds of screwed up. Desha might explain it away as means to an end of defeating their father but I'm with Despa, if this is what it cost how are they any better than him. Thankfully Desha saw reason and had Gigan not brought back as a criminal but a guard member like Ouken even wanted before. Desha leaving for now does change things but it mostly just clears the way for Bojji to confront Miranjo. I hope he gets answered about what happened to his mom. While Despa seems to about to have to fight his own morphed brother.
Feb 3, 2022 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
Not as bad as the previous episode since we got to learn more about Desha and the state of the Kingdom in the past and how Bojji was shielded to survive by his biological mother early in while she was suffering quite brutally with the amount of arrows lodged in her body, and then getting Gigan's past too with his complicated history, especially with Desha. Still really bored in this point of the story and the confrontations with Bojji and Desha here feeling somewhat hollow, and just waiting for the bigger climax arc for this part of Ranking of Kings to truly kick in and see where all of this ends up going. Domas still is meh at the end as usual, have not really been a fan of his character in this series but at least he finally woke up and you could tell he felt guilty for all the shit he was doing beforehand and wanting to make up for that. This wasn't a bad looking one but not anything to be blown away with either. It did the job in a solid manner and that's what was needed enough for an episode like this.
Feb 3, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2021
Damn the cliffhanger. There are mind boggling cliffhangers in all animes I'm watching this week.

This was quite a tragic episode. First we see how Miranjo got Bojji's real mother killed and then she was betrayed by the assassinators and killed too? What?

And then the child beating scene and they ended up killing the child too, but guess Desha had no other choice, he had to keep the morale of his soldiers high, he was upset about the whole ordeal though.

I'm really not surprised that Bojji is having this much difficulty in facing Domas and forgiving him but in Domas's defense, he was ordered to do that, it's not like he could have refused to do it.

Pretty good episode. 5/5.

Looking forward to next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 3, 2022 10:21 AM
May 2021
This anime is really interesting and highly recommended
Feb 3, 2022 10:23 AM

Jul 2011
Miranjo at the beginning remembered of a french soldier named Antoine Favreau, who was wounded by a cannonball.
Seriously, if Bojji seen Miranjo, means is recent history, and still Domas and Hokuro doesn't know history.

Desha is kind, and was understandable him imprisoning Gigan, even thinking Gigan was right.

Hokuto getting heat even truly liking Bojji, and not even being involved in the assassination is just sad.
Feb 3, 2022 10:27 AM

Jul 2021
Another fantastic episode! This anime hasn't had a single bad episode so far.
Many characters' backstories were deepened and explained in this episode. I believe that Miranjo is not doing all this for something simple, my question is what is her goal with Bosse and if she wants to betray him or not.
asdasdsadad
Feb 3, 2022 10:29 AM
May 2020
Really great episode. Ouken is indeed the brother of Desha, and Despa ( which makes it really sad that they have to see their brother like this )

I don’t blame Gigan for betraying the underworld guards. That was an underhanded method that they used, worded of all they still killed the child.

I’m glad Bojji didn’t forgive Domas yet( sadly Hokuro got dragged into the distrust too ), because we can expect some great team ups and heart to heart in the future for the both of them
Feb 3, 2022 10:38 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I felt really sorry for Gigan having to see that child of his own species die!
Despa tells Desha that he is no match for Boji or Bosse at all right now and Despa says that they should send Boji against Bosse to kill Miranjo and claim the demon's head. Gigan ends up leaving with the order of the underworld. Boji can't forgive Domas that easily...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 3, 2022 10:45 AM

Jul 2021
KANLen09 said:
It's clear who King Desha is after: Miranjo, the woman whom tore the Kingdom of Bosse apart, Bojji being the only one left alive after the bloody massacre being shielded by his biological mother, and young Desha tit-for-tat-ing with young Miranjo.

It's back to more backstories, and Gigan was once part of Desha's army, only for them to misplace their trust on the humans whom used the army of Gigans as tools for their own gain. And Bojji felt the same, but he didn't want to go against Desha to preserve Gigan as friend and not foe. It's none other than his own brother Despa that puts the nail on the coffin to use Bojji against Bosse, while he can focus on getting Miranjo.

It's hard for Desha to have it all together regarding their family's history and his own army, even if Despa grew to hate his older brother because of the war and the revolt of their father. It's actually good premonition that the Captain of the Underworld is already thinking of putting Gigan into his ranks, but the final decision is always left to Gigan, and Desha retreating with the Order of the Underworld, Gigan and the others is a nice resolution and alternative to prepare for the final war.

Domas definitely felt the gravity of his own sin by betraying Bojji, and Kage having to smooth out this part is tougher than it looks since Bojji still remembers as long as Domas lives. But Ouken transforming into a dark entity...honestly didn't see that coming.

All I can say is, this episode hearkens back to greatness when emotions are involved.

I really want a fight between Bojji and Bosse and with the whole kingdom watching; It would be VERY cool to watch, but if that happens, I think it will only be at the end of the anime.
asdasdsadad
Feb 3, 2022 10:54 AM
Dec 2018
imagine hating this anime idk how people can.
Always 5/5
Feb 3, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2021
I wonder if there are still people who think this is for children, what with it showing child abuse.

Desha seems to have reflected on his actions in the past when he had the species slaughtered. Is it just me or did that guy in golden armour call Desha his brother and promise to make the Order as disciplined as possible? That could POSSIBLY be Ouken.

And oh Bojji's Mom RIP. So Miranjo was the one who ordered the kill but it seems like she was betrayed. Maybe there is someone else possibly pulling the strings.

Also, it seems I was wrong about the relation between Domas and Bojji being repaired. Not gonna be that easy, huh? Besides, how the heck is he jumping from wall to wall. A giant thing probably.

Overall, nice episode and we got that Miranjo reveal. 5/5
RioFSFeb 3, 2022 11:16 AM

Feb 3, 2022 11:23 AM

Feb 2009
what i love about this show so so much, is that no character is single handedly good or evil. each character has moral greys and do wrong and do good in the same lifetime. its very game of thrones which is so great to see animated, top tier AOTY for sure

Feb 3, 2022 12:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
God I love how loyal and compassionate both Bojji and Kage are TwT

But also I like that Bojji didn't just go and forgive Domas either so I'm glad they took a realistic approach with that (I just feel bad that Hokuro got roped into all that heat too)

But boy I'm scared af for Despa and the head knight guy now that this dude is up again and enraged, so I'm hoping that they both don't die.

P.S. If we really do get a fight between Bojji and Daida/Bosse, that'd be hype af....Very curious to see what Miranjo's next move will be too (She's a huge cunt for what she did to Bojji's mom as well.....That entire situation is so traumatizing, and especially for an infant)
Feb 3, 2022 12:12 PM
Nov 2020
I cried for most of the episode, it hits straight in the feelings. I love the heartwarming relationship between Kage and Bojji so much!
Feb 3, 2022 12:45 PM
Mar 2018
A much better episode than last time, but still got a few nits to pick.

Bojji suddenly losing his first retainer and an army of badass Underworld beasts? Feels wasteful. I'm sure they'll come back later though - I guess the Underworld is their home after all.

Still don't like how they are handling Domas' redemption arc, but I guess he is a pretty simple character. Feeling all sorry and crying all the time is fitting if underwhelming.

Love Desha and Despa. Best emotionally complex characters.

Still waiting to learn why Miranjo is such a b*tch. Being abused as a child doesn't justify any of this.

And the one I truly want Bojji to fight is the red demon. He's the one unambiguously evil creature here.
Feb 3, 2022 12:49 PM

Dec 2017
After the boring last chapter, this was a very satisfying one. It seems that the friendship with Gigan is justified but the way events happened continues to make it look bad, but that does not mean that it was not interesting to learn more about the Underworld and its kings. The demon is still a mysterious character so I hope his part of the story arrives soon.

Ahh that ending, just like a comment above, almost every anime episode I watched this week ends with a cliffhanger.

And there are so many things left to comment on but I'm already bored of writing.
Feb 3, 2022 1:17 PM

Apr 2018
Some flashbacks here and there, Gigan's past was truly heartbreaking and those scenes were pretty painful. Espically, the kid being tortured. Anyway, Boji not forgiving them was probably the best part of the episode. Truly shows that he's not just an one dimensional character. And the skeleton soldier awakened again.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 3, 2022 1:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Imagine wading in pool of your mother's own blood. Damn

Yes sir we've had this opening for a few episodes now but let me reiterate and say that this opening is art and is UN-SKIPPABLE. To skip would be a crime against humanity. Ending is also 👌 and is just as good as the first one- almost.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 3, 2022 1:55 PM

Sep 2018
Bojji not forgiving Domas that easily thank god, I would have dropped the show right then and there. So he can be a decent protagonist sometimes...

I gotta say, other than maybe Soul Eater, I don't think I've seen an anime with two top notch OPs such as these. I thought there was no way I would enjoy the second OP more than the first.
Feb 3, 2022 3:07 PM

Oct 2011
poor Hokuro... the guy did nothing wrong and is treated as some kind of domas (yes, it's an insult now). but even so, he see this positively, because Bojji is ok, and he can work to eventually have his forgiveness from now on... best boy 10/10

meanwhile, Despa is fucked
Feb 3, 2022 3:34 PM

Nov 2013
Hmm Miranjo was betrayed... And damn... Bathing in own mother's blood! I'm surprised Bojji is sane!
Feb 3, 2022 4:13 PM
Oct 2021
Ousama ranking is back. For me this is the first eps with good quality in the 2nd cours. I hope the rest will be like this or even better.
Feb 3, 2022 4:18 PM
Sep 2018
My god this episode played with my feelings so so much, it just gets better and HOLY FUCK OUKEN IS GONNA START A RAMPAGE
Feb 3, 2022 4:21 PM

Mar 2016
deshar's main guard (and brother) is so handsome!

not a lot happened this episode either, i hope pacing improves soon :)

Feb 3, 2022 4:42 PM
Aug 2014
I haven't seen it mentioned here but when Miranjo is shot down, I assumed the dragon came down in her aid but upon a second watch it's actually the red demon. Quite a clue.

It's so sad to see the heartful Ouken become a rampaging madman that thrives on fear and suffering. I hope he can come back.
LockHowlFeb 3, 2022 4:47 PM
Feb 3, 2022 4:45 PM

Sep 2020
The story about the three underworld brothers waging a war against their heinous father was very interesting.
That bloody conflict has to be tied to Miranjo, the demon and Bosse in some way or Desha wouldn't have been so inclined to make his way above ground to mace the hell out of the aforementioned trio.

But anyway, is the demon still lurking in the kingdom? I thought he had vanished after the king's last breath.
Feb 3, 2022 6:02 PM
Apr 2019
Bojji remembered miranjo and what she did.
Gigan and his backstory and how desha had to do all of that to defeat his father.
Alot in this weeks episode
Feb 3, 2022 6:04 PM
May 2020
A lot we had to absorb this episode. Gigans backstory was deep while we also got to see the responsibilities those in the Royal Court had to bear. Bojjis sudden memory of miranjo deffo gonna influence the rest of the season. This is gonna be something else
Feb 3, 2022 6:10 PM
Jan 2022
THE EMOTIONS. I love Kage to the high heavens man. Always there to make sure Bojji stays the kind and loving boy that he is.

Cavalry95 said:
imagine hating this anime idk how people can.
Always 5/5

Impatient meatheads, sociopaths, sakugatards.

Avvenirista said:
That bloody conflict has to be tied to Miranjo, the demon and Bosse in some way or Desha wouldn't have been so inclined to make his way above ground to mace the hell out of the aforementioned trio.

Oh definitely. The underworld brothers were already among the more interesting characters of this story, but their backstory in this episode elevated them to a higher status particularly Desha.

strawberaetae said:
not a lot happened this episode either, i hope pacing improves soon :)

Do you people hate storytelling or what lol
ZumthorrificFeb 3, 2022 6:14 PM
Feb 3, 2022 7:05 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, that's how Bojji's mother death, freakin Miranjo did it, with whatever reason. But she also death xd. Prolly that demon summoned by to let her entered the mirror and live there.

Bojji still unable to forgive Domas, and, yeah, Kage, help protects Bojji!

This episode surely returning back the feeling i have in the first cour. Its really a nice surprise. As expected there's some backlash with these nice episode, as always xd.

Things get revealed, backstory has been told, and something obviously changed; such as Desha return to the underworld and let the problem with Miranjo, and surprisingly Bosse to be handled by Despa; Gigan back to the underworld too, but not with the status of criminal and he joined the order without leaving his heart from Bojji, his backstory tho, together with the trio Death brothers; Domas return to his task destroying Miranjo's gate, and possibly to reveal more story of her later; Bojji also return to the surface, which may lead him confront more with Miranjo, or something else; then the last, Ouken finally awakened from the slumber. Idk how you can easily said there's nothing much happening, when this episode actually quite running the plot into the new stage. Smh...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 3, 2022 7:35 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Miranjo. Not even being able to spare little Bojji's life? That bitch sure is ruthless.

Anyways, glad to see we are back with the strong episodes. This one was particularly dark with Bojji's mother dying while protecting him followed by the whole goblin/ogre slaughter but it also featured a fair amount of character exploration for Gigan, Desha and his brothers. As expected, this show's portrayal of grey morality continues to be quite impressive.
Feb 3, 2022 7:38 PM

Jun 2019
I swear, at least one person cries in literally every episode. That said, I liked how reasonable Desha was portrayed this episode and that Bojji didn’t forgive Domas right away.
Feb 3, 2022 8:41 PM

Oct 2017
This anime really doesn't shy away from showing the unpleaaent/ brutal scene.

That scene which Boji's mother seeping in sea of blood on top of Bojji , as well as human torturing the goblin child and then burn other Goblins alive.. Is hard to watch.

Also I like how this anime doesn't use those cheap instant forgiveness trope in one apology like many of the shonen series. The emotion shown in this anime is so raw and genuine. Is very reasonable for Bojji to not able to forgive the swordmaster that easily. No cheap forgiveness from "nice protagonist" like in other typical shonen genre.
Ventus_SFeb 3, 2022 8:51 PM
Feb 3, 2022 8:53 PM
Jan 2022
First of all, I apologize for doubting WIT studio. This episode was amazing.
So Miranjo is responsible for killing Bojji's mother and she also tried to kill Hiling. But for some reason, Bosse still hasn't done anything to her? I'm sure the reason for that will be explained. I hope the reason actually makes sense.
Feb 3, 2022 11:43 PM
May 2018
Damn, even the ogre who only grunts has a touching backstory. And now we know what the 'blood spillage' in the opening sequence means..

So.. Bojji vs Bosse for the climax is it? They're definitely going to show Bosse and Miranjo's background before that, though. And Ouken must be dealt with too.
Feb 4, 2022 12:31 AM
Jul 2020
So many emotions at the same time, beautiful
Feb 4, 2022 12:47 AM

Apr 2021
A pretty awesome episode.....Bojji is slowly showing his skills, I really want to see him in an all out battle.....The story is indeed getting better :)
Feb 4, 2022 12:50 AM
Sep 2021
Ax1490 said:
First of all, I apologize for doubting WIT studio. This episode was amazing.
So Miranjo is responsible for killing Bojji's mother and she also tried to kill Hiling. But for some reason, Bosse still hasn't done anything to her? I'm sure the reason for that will be explained. I hope the reason actually makes sense.

As said previously, WIT just focussed on the big fight episodes that are coming soon.

The 12 - 15 were given to Production IG, which explains the lack of the animation.

Episode 16 was given to Studio Massket that did an incredible job (but well, they worked on a lot of good shows so.. yea)

As for Bosse not doing anything to her : As we know from the little Miranjo that is stucked with Daida, she knew Little Bosse, and they obviously were in love or smth cause she said she was gonna be a princess (as Bosse was still a Young Prince at the time).

It may be very difficult to go against Miranjo if she is his first love, or even just a childhood friend. They grew up together... it bounds them.
Feb 4, 2022 1:07 AM

May 2021
Yeah I obviously needed a whole episode to explain the character of Ouken and the resolution of Bojji convoluted with a sad irrelevant inhuman backstory. Hope we get some dope fights next episode, Bojji is such an eyesore

Feb 4, 2022 1:26 AM

Nov 2020
Again a great episode delivered.
Kage completely understanding Bojji's feelings and standing by him hits in the feels everytime. 😢
But that Ouken guy woke up again. 😥
Really frightening. I'm gonna throw hands if anything happens to Despa. 😤 He's the reason Bojji got so strong after all.
Feb 4, 2022 1:42 AM

Aug 2020
Another good episode, that scene with Miranjo was pretty messed up but I'm glad she got impaled because she deserved it.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Feb 4, 2022 5:11 AM
Jul 2016
Boijii's mom must had the EASIEST childbirth lmaooooo. Look at how big she is compared to Boiji.
Feb 4, 2022 5:16 AM
Oct 2019
I'm actually happy Bojji didn't forgive them that quick, it felt realistic.

Great backstory, adding more layer to the characters.

Everytime the episode end it feels like just 5 minutes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

236 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 20, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

227 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 20, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

178 by TheVistrian »»

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

108 by TheVistrian »»

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2022

115 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 15, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.