Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2022 2:25 PM
Nov 2019
For (F3), does the Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to anime count as a Web Manga? Wikipedia lists it as first being published through the Cycomi web app.
Feb 5, 2022 3:09 PM

Jul 2014
Loxem said:
For (F3), does the Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to anime count as a Web Manga? Wikipedia lists it as first being published through the Cycomi web app.
Quote from Challenge List with Explanations
Quest F - Collector
NOTE: The provided lists are a very reliable source of information; however, they may not be comprehensive and they are not automatically updated when MAL makes changes. Please remember: the anime you choose must have the correct source listed on its MAL page to be valid.
In your case Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to is not valid for this item as the source stated on the anime page is Manga.
Feb 6, 2022 4:10 AM

Jul 2020
(M2) Watch an anime that has a main character’s name in the main title
Is Great Teacher Onizuka valid?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 6, 2022 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
Scordolo said:
(M2) Watch an anime that has a main character’s name in the main title
Is Great Teacher Onizuka valid?
Yes, it is valid for this item.
Feb 6, 2022 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
Just to make sure.
Will Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic be good for (M8) Watch an anime with at least two different non-alphanumeric characters in the main title?
Thanks for the answer in advance! :)
Feb 8, 2022 5:23 AM
Big-Man Stoic

Mar 2021
I apologize if this has been answered before, but apart from the 'Related Anime' type challenges, can we use Anime from the same series.

Eg. I plan on using Tokyo Ghoul √A for (A7) Watch a listed Toonami anime and
Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season for (I7) Watch an anime tagged with two or more of the following: [ Demons | Horror | Mystery | Police | Sci-Fi ]
Tags Used: Horror | Mystery

Would that be valid?
Feb 8, 2022 5:28 AM

Jul 2014
Szrebi said:
Just to make sure.
Will Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic be good for (M8) Watch an anime with at least two different non-alphanumeric characters in the main title?
Thanks for the answer in advance! :)
Yes, it will be valid for this item.

cynical_tsunami said:
I apologize if this has been answered before, but apart from the 'Related Anime' type challenges, can we use Anime from the same series.

Eg. I plan on using Tokyo Ghoul √A for (A7) Watch a listed Toonami anime and
Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season for (I7) Watch an anime tagged with two or more of the following: [ Demons | Horror | Mystery | Police | Sci-Fi ]
Tags Used: Horror | Mystery

Would that be valid?
Each entry in MAL database counts as a separate anime. So yes, you can use these two for the stated items.
Feb 8, 2022 12:35 PM

Mar 2018
Hello, newbie here. I'd like to ask this before starting the challenge: what is the rule for "watching a title this year"? Can I use the anime already on my list, marked as "plan to watch" / "watching", if I didn't watch any episodes from it before, or do I have to use the titles that are not on my list?
Thank you for the help!
q00dmanFeb 8, 2022 12:55 PM
Feb 9, 2022 12:36 AM

Mar 2018
q00dman said:
Hello, newbie here. I'd like to ask this before starting the challenge: what is the rule for "watching a title this year"? Can I use the anime already on my list, marked as "plan to watch" / "watching", if I didn't watch any episodes from it before, or do I have to use the titles that are not on my list?
Thank you for the help!

To quote from the rules.
Each anime used for the challenge must be watched in its entirety during the challenge period.
This means that any anime you started watching before 2022 cannot be used.

So basically they can be on your list already, but you have yet to start them
CrystalEyEFeb 9, 2022 1:25 AM
Feb 9, 2022 7:47 AM

May 2021
(A3) Watch a Special or ONA with a total duration of 20 minutes or more

Do the episodes of the ONA have to last 20 minutes or more, or is it just a summation of how long the episodes are? Because I was seeing the other users' lists and some listed ONAs whose episodes aren't 20 minutes long.

Feb 9, 2022 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
Heranthordu said:
(A3) Watch a Special or ONA with a total duration of 20 minutes or more

Do the episodes of the ONA have to last 20 minutes or more, or is it just a summation of how long the episodes are? Because I was seeing the other users' lists and some listed ONAs whose episodes aren't 20 minutes long.

The item requires a total duration, i.e. all episodes combined. Individual episodes can be shorter.
Feb 9, 2022 1:10 PM

Jun 2021
2 questions:
1.Can i use an anime i started before the challange but haven't finished yet?
2. Can i jump from point to point in the quests? or i must follow the order as it is written?
Feb 9, 2022 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
Reef7 said:
1.Can i use an anime i started before the challenge but haven't finished yet?
Any anime watched in 2022 can be used for the challenge, even if you did not sign-up for the challenge yet.

Reef7 said:
2. Can I jump from point to point in the quests? or I must follow the order as it is written?
You can completed the items in any order you want, unless you're doing a taskmaster restriction (for this restriction all items must be completed in the given order).
Feb 9, 2022 6:55 PM

Jun 2015
Hi, i'm trying to become the highest leveled Exalted Degenerate. (Hentai only challenge)

Level 5 is defenitively not possible, with OVA/ONA/Movies only, short durations, nothing to relate on anidb/anime_planet...
So i got 3 full quests and 1 left to your judgment :

Quest G - Rogue :
(G8) Watch an anime where the difference between ranking and popularity is at least 1,000

To hide bad big tiddies to our little fellas, hentai tittles are not referenced in the ranking system, but they still have a score which can easily be compared to what rank they would be around if referenced.

Highest ranked hentai title would be at 864-881 rank (same score on those) for 5895 popularity.
The most popular at 1131 and would be rank 12160+ and it is...

The infamous Bocu no Pico which i stayed away from until now.
But i'm ready to swim in the sewers and take it as a punishment for a little bit of rule bending.

If there is no way, i'll go for 3 quests.Thanks for your attention.
Feb 10, 2022 4:01 AM

Jun 2021
If i picked level 5 and taskmaster restriction, but only finished 1 quest by the end of the challange, will i get something as an arward?
Feb 10, 2022 9:34 AM

Jul 2014
@BebertTentacule
The rank must be stated on the anime page. All hentai has it as N/A so they won't be valid for this item.

Reef7 said:
If i picked level 5 and taskmaster restriction, but only finished 1 quest by the end of the challange, will i get something as an arward?
If you manage to complete 20 challenge items then you can request to be inspected at level 1.
Feb 10, 2022 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
hello there!
would No.6 be valid for this item : (M8) Watch an anime with at least two different non-alphanumeric characters in the main title?
失礼、噛みました。

Feb 11, 2022 2:53 AM

Jan 2018
Zess- said:
hello there!
would No.6 be valid for this item : (M8) Watch an anime with at least two different non-alphanumeric characters in the main title?

hi! 6 is a number, therefore it makes this title invalid, although anything with ; or ( or any other symbol that's not a letter/number is valid!

Don't despair. Now's not the time for that.
But there's no way to turn back time.
Feb 11, 2022 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
yukyuuu said:

hi! 6 is a number, therefore it makes this title invalid, although anything with ; or ( or any other symbol that's not a letter/number is valid!

got it, thanks a lot!
失礼、噛みました。

Feb 12, 2022 10:46 AM

Jul 2016
Hey, I just wanted to ask if there would be any problem to use an anime that I have on my list in on-hold for like 6 months and with only 1 episode watched. I'm still gonna watch the first episode so it's not like I'm "cheating" by using something I watched before right?
7x
Feb 12, 2022 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
SSJLight said:
Hey, I just wanted to ask if there would be any problem to use an anime that I have on my list in on-hold for like 6 months and with only 1 episode watched. I'm still gonna watch the first episode so it's not like I'm "cheating" by using something I watched before right?
Start date for the anime used for the challenge must be in 2022, so you can't use anything started before this year.
Feb 12, 2022 11:49 AM

Oct 2017
Hi! I wanted to verify something quickly: The anime Go for 2020 has a year (2020) in its title and refers to the year in the anime. I'm 98% sure it counts for quest M ((M7) Watch an anime with a year in the main title) but I want to be 100% sure it counts. Could someone please give me a second opinion on this? Thanks in advance!!
Feb 13, 2022 6:41 AM

Jul 2014
@CCC47
The anime is valid for this item.
Feb 13, 2022 6:55 AM
Jan 2022
I am new here so I wanna ask, where do I add which item I am using to complete a quest.
Also in Anime+ weighted score what is the least likede studio the lowest or highest one. AS toei is in top while in mean score its at the bottom.
Feb 13, 2022 11:13 AM

May 2017
TheStormy099 said:
I am new here so I wanna ask, where do I add which item I am using to complete a quest.
Also in Anime+ weighted score what is the least likede studio the lowest or highest one. AS toei is in top while in mean score its at the bottom.

You have to go to the Challenge Thread and copy the Sign-Up Code, then paste it into a new post. After that you edit in your own information depending on what you are completing.

Your least favourite would be the one with the lowest weighted score (W). You can click on the W to get the list to sort that way. Here is an example.
Feb 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Oct 2017
mozgow said:
@CCC47
The anime is valid for this item.

Cool, thanks!! :D
Feb 19, 2022 2:13 PM
Nov 2019
For (C3), is it okay to list an anime with more than one studio, as long as one of them is under 50 anime? The challenge item doesn't specify what happens in cases of two or more studios.
Feb 20, 2022 1:02 AM

Jul 2014
Loxem said:
For (C3), is it okay to list an anime with more than one studio, as long as one of them is under 50 anime? The challenge item doesn't specify what happens in cases of two or more studios.
Yes, if there are multiple studios listed, only one of them needs to be valid.
Feb 25, 2022 3:29 AM

Sep 2008
For (C3) is Kuri Jikken Manga Kobo allowed if I watch Pop? Pop is only anime on the studio where it is listed as a studio. In all it's other anime iit is listed as a producer.
TsukajiFeb 25, 2022 3:42 AM
Feb 26, 2022 6:42 PM
Oct 2016
Is every watched anime supposed to be different? I'm guessing it is but I wanted to make sure. (For example: I watched an anime that fits into multiple challenges, do I just choose where to put it or do I put it in every slot?)
Feb 27, 2022 6:28 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Skypiean said:
Is every watched anime supposed to be different? I'm guessing it is but I wanted to make sure. (For example: I watched an anime that fits into multiple challenges, do I just choose where to put it or do I put it in every slot?)
Per the rules:
Each MAL anime entry can only be used once within the challenge.
So you must use a different anime for each item in the challenge. An "anime" is anything that has its own distinct MAL page. For example, K-On Season 1 and K-On Season 2 would be considered two separate anime, since they each have their own MAL page; so you could use both of them in your challenge.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Feb 27, 2022 9:37 PM

Apr 2021
Hello! Sorry if Im not posting this in the right place... this is my first challenge and I'm not good at navigating the forums..

My question is for Quest K (specifically K7)
"Watch an anime tagged with your least watched genre by time according to Anime+"

When I do my least watch time "Award winning" comes up. Am I meant to skip this and go to the first (e.g. Vampire), or go along with it?

Thank you!! ; ;
Feb 28, 2022 5:42 PM

May 2017
Goreimm said:
Hello! Sorry if Im not posting this in the right place... this is my first challenge and I'm not good at navigating the forums..

My question is for Quest K (specifically K7)
"Watch an anime tagged with your least watched genre by time according to Anime+"

When I do my least watch time "Award winning" comes up. Am I meant to skip this and go to the first (e.g. Vampire), or go along with it?

Thank you!! ; ;

Hello,

You are absolutely in the right place ^^

We have decided that Award Winning and Work Life can be skipped if they happen to be the least watched genre by time, at least until MAL decides to add a workable number of anime to each genre.
Feb 28, 2022 9:03 PM

May 2016
Hi everyone! I have a little question. If a item doesn't specify the number of chapters the anime must have, could it be a movie?

For example for the item:
(L6) Watch an anime with more users in the "Plan-to-Watch" stat than the "Completed" stat and that finished airing before you started it.

Could it be a movie? I haven't done a lot of challenges so I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance! ^^
Mar 1, 2022 4:43 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
MaryJoP10 said:
Hi everyone! I have a little question. If a item doesn't specify the number of chapters the anime must have, could it be a movie?

For example for the item:
(L6) Watch an anime with more users in the "Plan-to-Watch" stat than the "Completed" stat and that finished airing before you started it.

Could it be a movie? I haven't done a lot of challenges so I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance! ^^

An anime can be any type (OVA, Music, ONA, TV, Movie, Special) unless specified otherwise by the item or your chosen restriction
Mar 3, 2022 4:44 AM
Mar 2021
in N1, are AutoRec okay?
Mar 4, 2022 2:47 PM

Jan 2018
For item G1-G4, the episode duration requirement is the duation of each epsiode right, not total anime? So even if a 20+ episodes anime but duration is only 5 minutes, then it's invalid for them?
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 5, 2022 11:58 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
itz_abhi_005 said:
in N1, are AutoRec okay?

As long as there's no recommendations in the recommendations tab then it can be used
Autorecs do not count

Idiysar_Almond said:
For item G1-G4, the episode duration requirement is the duation of each epsiode right, not total anime? So even if a 20+ episodes anime but duration is only 5 minutes, then it's invalid for them?

Yes, you have that right
Episode duration means you have to look at where it says "min. per ep." and the number of minutes must be 6 or more. (so 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 25, 45, 1hr, etc)

Mar 8, 2022 9:11 PM

Sep 2020
For Quest C, I have the same studio listed for C4 and C6. Is this acceptable?
Mar 10, 2022 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Hi! I'm new to AWC, so this might be a silly question, but does anime episode duration matter for the challenges that do not mention them? For instance, "(E1) Watch an anime that began airing between 2016 and 2021", if i used an OVA with 2 episodes that were 3 minutes each, would I be valid?
Mar 12, 2022 2:41 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
mr07 said:
For Quest C, I have the same studio listed for C4 and C6. Is this acceptable?

You can, but I advise you to save evidence you watched the anime for C4 first. I recommend watching the anime for C6 on a later day (therefore having later watch dates) but you can also provide episode history (when you update per episode) if you plan on watching them the same day.

LordLofty said:
Hi! I'm new to AWC, so this might be a silly question, but does anime episode duration matter for the challenges that do not mention them? For instance, "(E1) Watch an anime that began airing between 2016 and 2021", if i used an OVA with 2 episodes that were 3 minutes each, would I be valid?

Duration only matters where it's mentioned, and/or if you have an episode duration restriction

If you have no duration restrictions and the item or quest itself doesn't specify anything about duration then you can even watch ads and music videos
Mar 12, 2022 3:31 AM

Sep 2020
Ranacchi said:
You can, but I advise you to save evidence you watched the anime for C4 first. I recommend watching the anime for C6 on a later day (therefore having later watch dates) but you can also provide episode history (when you update per episode) if you plan on watching them the same day.

I finished C4 and did the entirety of C6 on the same day, but my screenshot for C6 shows their studio's watch time as the amount of time it takes to complete C4. This means that only the original show was completed at the time of the screenshot, confirming it was done after C4 and before C6. Would this suffice? I'll add a screenshot of my episode history as you've recommended.

On an unrelated note, for D4 I have my favourite seasonal show as a movie (Sword of the Stranger) for the TV quest item of School Days. As long as it's on the seasonal page on the movie section is this not an issue? The default only shows TV shows I believe. I'm being neurotic here but I just want to avoid any mistakes.
Mar 12, 2022 3:51 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
mr07 said:

I finished C4 and did the entirety of C6 on the same day, but my screenshot for C6 shows their studio's watch time as the amount of time it takes to complete C4. This means that only the original show was completed at the time of the screenshot, confirming it was done after C4 and before C6. Would this suffice? I'll add a screenshot of my episode history as you've recommended.

On an unrelated note, for D4 I have my favourite seasonal show as a movie (Sword of the Stranger) for the TV quest item of School Days. As long as it's on the seasonal page on the movie section is this not an issue? The default only shows TV shows I believe. I'm being neurotic here but I just want to avoid any mistakes.

I checked over your form to see which you meant, the way you have it now should be correct

Both School Days and Stranger: Mukou Hadan aired in the same season (Summer 2007) so that works, but be sure to keep the movie in your favorites until after you're sent the "added to completed list" PM from the AWC_mod account.
If you're on mobile and signed in on the website, there's an option at the bottom to display desktop mode. Tap it and it should bring you to the normal site, where at the seasonals page there's these fancy tabs you can use to sort anime by type.
If you're already on desktop, using the tabs can help you scroll less.
Mar 12, 2022 4:15 AM

Sep 2020
Ranacchi said:

I checked over your form to see which you meant, the way you have it now should be correct

Both School Days and Stranger: Mukou Hadan aired in the same season (Summer 2007) so that works, but be sure to keep the movie in your favorites until after you're sent the "added to completed list" PM from the AWC_mod account.
If you're on mobile and signed in on the website, there's an option at the bottom to display desktop mode. Tap it and it should bring you to the normal site, where at the seasonals page there's these fancy tabs you can use to sort anime by type.
If you're already on desktop, using the tabs can help you scroll less.

Thank you for checking, it's much appreciated. Cheers for the tip on the movie tab thingy, that also resolves my concern with that quest.
Mar 12, 2022 9:13 PM

Jan 2018
Question for (M2) "Watch an anime that has a main character’s name in the main title". I'm using Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.: Menma e no Tegami, but Menma is a nickname/shortened name of a MC's full name (Meiko Honma). So, does that counts?
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 12, 2022 10:40 PM

Jul 2015
I have a question for quest d5! It's for an anime that is an alternate setting or version of something I've watched before. I've seen Love Live and was thinking of using Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season for this item since I've seen the 1st season already. But I'm not sure if it counts since it's not listed as an alternate setting, only season 1 is. Can I use this? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for an item for this quest?
Thanks!!
Mar 13, 2022 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
Idiysar_Almond said:
Question for (M2) "Watch an anime that has a main character’s name in the main title". I'm using Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.: Menma e no Tegami, but Menma is a nickname/shortened name of a MC's full name (Meiko Honma). So, does that counts?
The nickname is listed on the character page so the anime will be valid for this item.

AkiSorraCat said:
I have a question for quest d5! It's for an anime that is an alternate setting or version of something I've watched before. I've seen Love Live and was thinking of using Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season for this item since I've seen the 1st season already. But I'm not sure if it counts since it's not listed as an alternate setting, only season 1 is. Can I use this? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for an item for this quest?
Thanks!!
It must be listed as an alternate setting or alternate version on the anime page. The second season is not listed as such so it's not valid for this item.
Mar 13, 2022 11:55 PM

Jun 2020
sorry just want to make sure, can we edit the initial form to our liking (im mostly talking about colors i.e the legend color list)
Mar 14, 2022 3:12 AM

Jul 2014
hik1komori said:
sorry just want to make sure, can we edit the initial form to our liking (im mostly talking about colors i.e the legend color list)
Yes, you can change the colors but please make it human-readable (don't use anything too bright or too dark).
Mar 14, 2022 7:09 AM

Jun 2020
mozgow said:
hik1komori said:
Yes, you can change the colors but please make it human-readable (don't use anything too bright or too dark).

of course . thank u so much for ur help
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

630 by CureEtude »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

623 by CureEtude »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

125 by Joyboy_WoL »»
Sep 23, 8:18 PM

Sticky: » 🌷🐸 Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 🐸🌷

Aeradae - Apr 28

22 by kjplethodon »»
Jul 1, 4:34 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.