Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 16, 2009 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
so much happening in this episode. Finally, Yin !
Hei lost his powers though .. and Suou is in love with Hei lol
Nov 16, 2009 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
The gun anti-contractor is Yin!
and
Contractors also have family ...
Nov 16, 2009 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
I've missed Yin. And it's cute that Suou likes Hei ;3
Nov 16, 2009 1:07 PM

Feb 2009
It's not cute, it's idiotic. To the person who was debating whether Hei should end up with Suou over Yin, do you realize that Hei is an adult and presumably not a pedophile?
Nov 16, 2009 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
Arachneia said:
It's not cute, it's idiotic. To the person who was debating whether Hei should end up with Suou over Yin, do you realize that Hei is an adult and presumably not a pedophile?

^This
And besides, is it really that the main has to end up with someone?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 16, 2009 1:48 PM

Feb 2009
Nice episode, quite emotional in the sense that he tried protecting Yin from getting shot. Suou finally getting called by her name from Hei, I don't see why she finds that so special, except for aknowledgement. That was funny with Genma and the truck when Hei retreated lol. Nice episode, I still need to know what happened with Yin and why she is in the state she is!!
Nov 16, 2009 2:07 PM

Aug 2007
Chimasternmay said:
Yin is back
Hei is recovering
Suou kicked the pole..................................................

Best summary.

Also Mao watching TV
Nov 16, 2009 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
Whoa, it's Yin. And despite being asleep, she's still able to observe and stuff. Wondering how a doll is able to kill a contractor, though. So...Suou is jealous and telling Yin's observer spirit to back off?

Nov 17, 2009 2:13 AM
Jul 2009
LOL I kept wondering why he didn't notice yin's observer spirit and it just now hit me that he lost his powers a couple episodes back...
Nov 17, 2009 3:38 AM
Nov 2008
Waffocopter said:
Whoa, it's Yin. And despite being asleep, she's still able to observe and stuff. Wondering how a doll is able to kill a contractor, though. So...Suou is jealous and telling Yin's observer spirit to back off?

this, or she is mad because she killed norios mother
Nov 17, 2009 3:49 AM
Jun 2009
Still feels like this season is moving way too slow for 12 episodes or maybe I just wish this season would be ~25 episodes. =P

There hasn't been that much action either but I guess I just miss Hei fighting scenes. Suou contractor transformation still makes me rage. Hopefully there will be a lot more action once they reach Tokyo.
Nov 17, 2009 4:00 AM

Jul 2008
jaykaylol said:
Still feels like this season is moving way too slow for 12 episodes or maybe I just wish this season would be ~25 episodes. =P

There hasn't been that much action either but I guess I just miss Hei fighting scenes. Suou contractor transformation still makes me rage. Hopefully there will be a lot more action once they reach Tokyo.

I agree with you on that...with Hei's powers missing...the UBER AWESOME fighting scenes with Hei is lost TT____TT can't wait till he gets his powers back :P

I do hope this season is at least 25 episodes long...it might be a long wait but..do hope the storyline is good enough for 12 episodes >_<
Nov 17, 2009 4:11 AM

Jan 2009
Otaku_Argyle said:
jaykaylol said:

I agree with you on that...with Hei's powers missing...the UBER AWESOME fighting scenes with Hei is lost TT____TT can't wait till he gets his powers back :P

I do hope this season is at least 25 episodes long...it might be a long wait but..do hope the storyline is good enough for 12 episodes >_<

What if they, in the 11-12th episode, throw a huge "HAHA this season is actually 25 episodes long like the first season" in our faces? : D Oh well at least I'd be happy if they did, although the most likely won'd D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 17, 2009 5:47 AM

Oct 2009
They'll have a final with 4 more OVA's at the end, just like with Wolf's Rain. At least if I'm right.
So it's 16 episodes like that, but still not quite much.
Nov 17, 2009 6:31 AM

Aug 2009
tomin said:
They'll have a final with 4 more OVA's at the end, just like with Wolf's Rain. At least if I'm right.
So it's 16 episodes like that, but still not quite much.

Those ova's are placed in between the two seasons unfortunately.
Nov 17, 2009 6:44 AM

Oct 2009
Those ova's are placed in between the two seasons unfortunately.
Well, that's sad. .___.
Nov 17, 2009 11:46 AM

Apr 2009
Wait what? Second season's only 12 or so episodes long? But...why? Darker than Black is so popular and well-liked.

Nov 18, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
Amazing Episode!!!
Nov 18, 2009 1:19 PM

Oct 2009
UserZero said:
This episode actually made me realize the REAL reason I hate this new season (aside from the stupid way Hei now looks/acts.) The first season really focused on the remaining aspects of humanity in the contractors and made them into compelling characters. This season, on the other hand, seems to focus on their INhumanity. It's impossible to have good characterization if most of the main characters lack any emotion whatsoever. In my opinion the great characterization was what made the first season so awesome.

yeah, I totally agree that this season is very different. But I think that they assume everybody knows that Hei has human emotions, so his humanity wouldn't surprise anyone. This inhumanity however, was less expected.
I do agree that the first season is better. it got me really hooked and interested in the characters and their development. I like the new season, but it's just not that captivating as the first one.
Nov 18, 2009 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
Finally Yin :) I'm wondering what happened between Yin and Hei look like we need to wait OVA for answers.
Nov 18, 2009 5:09 PM
Oct 2009
No kidding.
First, I really want to know what happened with Yin, and, especially with her relationship to Hei (and vice versa). I'm feeling quite lost here.
Then again, I have troubles remembering the first season, so following the plot now is HARD.
Oh well. It doesn't make this awesome show less interesting anyway ^^
Nov 18, 2009 9:50 PM
Jan 2009
I don't know if it's because of the new studio headphones that I just bought, but the music in this chapter in particular seemed aboslutly amazing.
Nov 19, 2009 1:20 AM
Aug 2009
does anyone know when the next episode is out? ty
Nov 25, 2009 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
suouxhei xDDDDDDD!

"I want to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life"
Nov 25, 2009 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
MissDespair said:
suouxhei xDDDDDDD!

No, just no.
YinXHei, yes, just yes. : D
Gief Yin nao
Nov 25, 2009 7:39 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
MissDespair said:
suouxhei xDDDDDDD!

No, just no.
Gief Yin nao
AmberXHei would be the best, but poorly that's another story which we won't see anymore.
Nov 25, 2009 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
tomin said:
Oosran said:
MissDespair said:
suouxhei xDDDDDDD!

No, just no.
Gief Yin nao
AmberXHei would be the best, but poorly that's another story which we won't see anymore.

Or BaiXHei ....wait, no that's inappropriate
Nov 29, 2009 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Yin <3 :)

AHHH What's the insert song!!!??? So pretty :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2009 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
Aw, I feel bad for poor Norio. I don't get why Suou couldn't just tell him what happened though.
I also never really understood what Norio's dad had to do with anything. Hei seemed to know him. Was he associated with the people Hei was working for somehow?

Glad that Yin's back, and seems to have something to do with Hei losing his powers as well as Norio's mom's death. The theory that Yin has been altered in some way to absorb contractor powers seems plausible. Makes me wonder if somehow Yin will be able to give Hei his ability back? To be honest his fights just aren't as interesting without it, since he's at too much of a disadvantage.

Glad he's given up alcohol at long last and is being a bit nicer to Suou. But now it seems that Hei really was just being a total jerk the first few episodes. -_-
UGH. I don't like that at all. Why was Hei so mean!!! Hei was a tough dude in season one but he was still a nice guy deep down.

And Suou's gun-appearing transformation thing is really really really really really really really stupid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2009 4:36 PM

Oct 2008

I don't know what is going on anymore..

Dec 18, 2009 4:25 AM

Dec 2007
So Hei was supposed to kill Izanami who ended up being Yin so of course he couldn't go through with it. I thought it was interesting that Yin was used to take Hei's powers and the fact that she can not only appear still but also kill other contractors. I'm also happy that Hei finally gave up his alcohol and is getting along nicely with Suou.
Dec 21, 2009 9:52 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder why Norio's father dresses like a woman... Have I missed something?
Dec 28, 2009 3:15 AM

Aug 2009
Yaaaaay, Yin showed up ^^ *happy face*

Wtf, I always thought, that Norio's father had a weird pigtailed hairstyle not a wig o.O
KarikaturataDec 28, 2009 3:18 AM
Jan 7, 2010 2:19 AM

May 2009
sugarplumfairy said:

Yin(:
I am also want to know whats the name of the song
Jan 9, 2010 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my, very interesting. So, it was really Yin inside of that machine box thing, and the madam that Hei works for ordered Hei to shoot that box. Hmm, something's fishy with that madam.

Plus, I think that Suou is starting to fall for Hei. Well, it's not suprising since Hei is a total awesome guy. <3 Wonder what's going to happen with their mission. Also, will Hei get his powers back? Damn, I know he's strong and such but he still needs his power to become stronger! D:

Oh, and how come Hei didn't see Yin's illusion and Suou did? Must be because he's not a contractor anymore? O.o
Feb 8, 2010 1:38 PM

Dec 2008
So Suou is jealous of Yin?! Wow that's so lame. I mean even after Hei like slapped her three times and what not, she likes him. some people are just weirdos.

Hei lost his powers. well it wasnt really his to begin with so it's like whatever, but then again he cant see Yins water thingy, so sad.

In other news I love Norio, He's so awesome. but I feel bad about what happen to his mom. it was Yin who killed her, but why, she doesn't even know Suou, and Suou hates her.
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 3:41 PM

Mar 11, 2010 4:35 AM

Jan 2009
Wow... A lot hapened...

Yin appeared (YAY ^^) but Hei and Suou were about to kill her??? July should be more useful than this -_-... And since when can Yin kill contractors so easily? There are sooo many things I wanna know >_<...

I hope we won't be seeing anymore of Norio and his father. They were really annoying

And Hei should REALLY get his powers back, he can't stay useless until the end of the season :((!

May 21, 2010 11:54 AM
Nov 2009
srsly Hei x Suou >>>>> Hei x Yin !!!!!!!!1111one!1
May 23, 2010 1:09 PM

Oct 2009
unholy_cat said:
sugarplumfairy said:

Yin(:
I am also want to know whats the name of the song

+1 I need that song
Jun 5, 2010 2:09 AM

Sep 2009
Yin is back...but what the heck do they want with her?
Jun 16, 2010 6:04 PM
Mar 2010
i loveit ...but that's not why i'm here posting ....
is because i wanna know the name of the song that stars playing during tha final part of the episode...
it´s during the chat of suou and hei ...his making dinner and then the song starts very beautiful i maight said...please someone reply this....i'm really want to know
Jun 20, 2010 9:37 AM

Feb 2010
I had a feeling "Izanami" was Yin. Very interesting how Hei helped Suou to shoot only to tell her not to shoot anymore ^^
Aug 5, 2010 11:11 PM
Feb 2008
I feel like the whole thing with Norio and his mom could've been handled better. Him and his dad seem interesting but it's like they're rushing things with them.

Yin killing his mom and communicating through her ghost is strange but there was a silhouette spectre just like these episodes in the final ep of season 1. Obviously a nod to that. She's obviously unusual something cemented by the whole 2 episode arc of her season and of course the whole capturing and transportation of her. But for what?

Hei was working for Ms. Informant (can't remember her name). What's her angle? She seems to be a solo operative...but who knows.

Was Suou kicking of the pole a jealousy thing? I mean geez girl first you hate the guy now you love him? Must be Stockholm Syndrome. That Hei is probably pushing 30 about now and she's like what 13? 14?
Aug 7, 2010 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
Finally, Yin! Half-season!
I've been waiting for her since Gaiden ending.
But I'm affraid that dammit maho-shojo will shoot her.
Nov 24, 2010 9:38 PM

Oct 2008
Yin. ;-;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 8, 2010 8:15 AM

Oct 2009
torrentsven said:
srsly Hei x Suou >>>>> Hei x Yin !!!!!!!!1111one!1

QFT.
Dec 22, 2010 1:18 AM

Jun 2009
Yin!!!!!!!! ='D
Jan 1, 2011 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
Since I watched the ova's for Darker than Black and even before that, it is obvious that Yin and Hei are supposed to be together. I don't hate Suou, but she better not get in between Yin and Hei, because they belong together.

I want to see more Yin and Hei!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 25, 2011 12:33 AM

Aug 2010
Yin and suou having a lovers fight lol
Jan 27, 2011 8:23 AM

Apr 2009
Really crazy, how many of the friends and relatives of the main cast are killed in each episode T_T
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.