Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2021 2:08 PM

Jan 2021
Wel MAL updated the ratings and now Gintama The Final is ranked #2. Do you guys think it can be rank 1? My thoughts are that it can and it probably will be rank 1 but then it's going to go down because of the Fullmetal Alchemist Fandom.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 21, 2021 2:12 PM

Jun 2020
Movie was good. Doesn't deserve to be #1 though. Neither does FMAB imo but whatever.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 21, 2021 2:20 PM
Apr 2021
It was great. . and its great that its number 2 .
Jul 21, 2021 2:26 PM
Apr 2021
Tristanalt said:
Wel MAL updated the ratings and now Gintama The Final is ranked #2. Do you guys think it can be rank 1? My thoughts are that it can and it probably will be rank 1 but then it's going to go down because of the Fullmetal Alchemist Fandom.

Well i think so , last time FB had to go down
Jul 21, 2021 2:31 PM
Apr 2021
Tristanalt said:

It will create a war between two big fandoms .. Massive fandoms .
Jul 21, 2021 2:48 PM

Feb 2021
Tristanalt said:

It could be rank 1 but I highly doubt it. Honestly, it was a great movie, Gintama is one of my favorite animes. But I think Gintama° was its peak.

It could go either up or down, but I am betting on the latter, NOT because FMA's fandom but because it hasn't even aired yet legally in many countries and we know that every fandom clash against each other (FB, FMA, AoT, S;G, HxH, Gintama, every other show in the top).

Certainly, only a few people from these fandoms actually do this (they use multi accounts & bots) but I don't get why people blame a whole fanbase for this.
Jul 21, 2021 2:53 PM

Jan 2021
spectrojan said:
Movie was good. Doesn't deserve to be #1 though. Neither does FMAB imo but whatever.

I'm glad this show have a proper ending. Atleast they didn't fuck up the ending unlike so many WSJ series. It will get downvoted anyway, so this score is only temporary. Just let Gintama fanbase enjoy their moment lol
Jul 21, 2021 3:13 PM

Oct 2018
Now this is a good shit.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 21, 2021 3:24 PM
Feb 2017
Tristanalt said:

I sure hope so, gintama is a masterpiece, imho, better than FMAB for me, but worse than HXH, but that's all just relative. They are all great.
Jul 21, 2021 3:30 PM

May 2021
Some fandom out there: "Let the showdown begin."

epkori said:
But I think Gintama° was its peak.

Good to see my absolute favorite title finally getting up there, but this^

『ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

𝐀𝐬𝐤, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ』
Jul 21, 2021 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
I don't think it's good enough to rank this high tbqh. It's the worst gintama imo.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 21, 2021 3:38 PM

Jun 2019
FMAB,SG and Aot fans gonna down vote this
it's so sad
Jul 21, 2021 3:51 PM

Aug 2020
Hoping that the FMAB fans didn't do that again...
Jul 21, 2021 4:16 PM
Oct 2020
The movie was my favorite piece of fiction ever, that said, it's probably not getting top 1, as much as I think it deserves it. It's top 1 on Anilist though, so that's good.
Jul 21, 2021 4:17 PM

May 2021
Just curious, had it peaked at #2 with a margin, would they still make a move? (not counting other fandoms such as aot, etc.)

『ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ』
Jul 21, 2021 4:38 PM
Jun 2020
Theo1899 said:
I don't think it's good enough to rank this high tbqh. It's the worst gintama imo.
I’ve never seen someone be so wrong in my whole life. Man just said it’s the worst gintama, bro did we watch the same movie??? The animation was breathtaking and the best it’s ever been, voice acting was top tier just like always, the comedy was hilarious and the parodies were gold (i mean silver), the music was awesome and the characters were the best part. I don’t get what you didn’t like it has literally everything and it’s the perfect ending to the perfect show.
Jul 21, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2019
I don'T care FMAB

but not single Gintama deserve to be in Top100.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Jul 21, 2021 4:48 PM

Jun 2016
NetiSuper said:
Theo1899 said:
I’ve never seen someone be so wrong in my whole life. Man just said it’s the worst gintama, bro did we watch the same movie??? The animation was breathtaking and the best it’s ever been, voice acting was top tier just like always, the comedy was hilarious and the parodies were gold (i mean silver), the music was awesome and the characters were the best part. I don’t get what you didn’t like it has literally everything and it’s the perfect ending to the perfect show.

The fights were either too short or not impressive for gintama standards, the comedy was mostly on par with your average gintama episode and I really could not care about the plot no matter how hard the film tried to make me give a damn.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 21, 2021 4:58 PM
Oct 2018
No it wont be rank 1 The percentage of 1 is already starting to rise
Jul 21, 2021 5:00 PM

Nov 2018
I'm surprised it got this high, but this jump is probably attributed to it recently being available online, plus the fact it's the series finale and the sequel effect is heavily being played. Let's just wait and see what the score will be when it reaches 100-200k votes, not just 10k currently.

I'd say this is just behind movie 2 in terms of quality, but definitely deserves top 50.

Just gotta wait until the FMAB fans come back from primary school to find this show 0.02 points behind, then the spam votes will start rolling in.
_cjessop19_Jul 21, 2021 5:10 PM
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jul 21, 2021 5:15 PM

May 2021
NetiSuper said:
Theo1899 said:

Worst gintama ≠ bad / disliking it, don't need to get worked up. It could be breathtaking but still the worst gintama to some if they find other parts flawless.

It's great that a 9 or even a 10 is still understandable, but I agree that the movie is pretty mid for Gintama. Imo this could've been better had it been part of an arc of several 24-minutes episodes (though imo SA / FS would still clear).

『ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ』
Jul 21, 2021 5:22 PM
Jun 2020
_BeMine_ said:
NetiSuper said:

Worst gintama ≠ bad / disliking it, don't need to get worked up. It could be breathtaking but still the worst gintama to some if they find other parts flawless.

It's great that a 9 or even a 10 is still understandable, but I agree that the movie is pretty mid for Gintama. Imo this could've been better had it been part of an arc of several 24-minutes episodes (though imo SA / FS would still clear).

Still bro I don’t understand why you think it’s worse than other parts, pacing? I could understand if you said SA or FA were better than this but you are saying all of gintama witch is clearly wrong.
Jul 21, 2021 5:54 PM

Jul 2019
Although I'm a Gintama fan, I honestly think it deserves the score it has.
y'all should watch haibane renmei
Jul 21, 2021 5:54 PM

Oct 2017
Hype!!! Would be deserving imo
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Jul 21, 2021 5:56 PM

Apr 2020
Gintama 2015 deserves the #2 spot imo, the movie should switch places with it
Jul 21, 2021 5:57 PM
Jan 2021
I loved the movie, it was the perfect ending for this show, idc where it’s ranked in the end.
Jul 21, 2021 6:00 PM
Feb 2017
Here come the Steins;Gate fans
It's Aiko!!!!
Jul 21, 2021 6:02 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Deserved. Obviously it's gonna receive a bunch of 1/10s now but whatever

Jul 21, 2021 6:03 PM
Feb 2017
NetiSuper said:
Theo1899 said:

Maybe the actual *plot*?
It's Aiko!!!!
Jul 21, 2021 6:04 PM

Feb 2020
TheStarrySnow said:

Can ask why Steins;Gate the fans never do or talk about downvoting they are one of the more chill fanbases in the top. If anything FMAB, HxH and AoT are the fanbases you should be calling out.
Jul 21, 2021 6:34 PM
Aug 2016
This does bring a smile to my face ❤️
Jul 21, 2021 7:26 PM

Feb 2021
CyborgSaber said:
TheStarrySnow said:

Can ask why Steins;Gate the fans never do or talk about downvoting they are one of the more chill fanbases in the top. If anything FMAB, HxH and AoT are the fanbases you should be calling out.

None of the fans from any top anime talk about downvoting, only a few trolls. Steins;Gate fans are not free from this problem (I am saying as s;g is my favorite anime), but they are just a few people like in FMAB, HxH, AoT, Gintama, etc fanbase.
Jul 21, 2021 7:31 PM

Feb 2020
epkori said:
CyborgSaber said:

None of the fans from any top anime talk about downvoting, only a few trolls. Steins;Gate fans are not free from this problem (I am saying as s;g is my favorite anime), but they are just a few people like in FMAB, HxH, AoT, Gintama, etc fanbase.

No AoT and FMAB fans do talk about downvoting even on other forms of media like Reddit and Twitter I saw it when Fruits Basket took the number 1 spot. Yeah some might be trolling but it does happen so some have to be telling the truth. I'm not saying SG fans don't do this I was just curious why he called them out specifically they are more chill than the other fanbases in the top that's all. This is coming from a fan of most of the anime in the top I'm in the middle of Gintama now.
Jul 21, 2021 7:59 PM
Oct 2019
The movie is great but I'm very sure
that there's many more better things in regular anime so the rating is gonna fall, it might stay in top 10 though.
Jul 21, 2021 8:01 PM

Jul 2020
as a Gintama fan, it's a great feeling that it took the #2 spot, I don't make it much of a big deal about its rank ofc. as long as I enjoyed it, that's all
Jul 21, 2021 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
CyborgSaber said:
TheStarrySnow said:

lol sg fans are silent killers
Jul 21, 2021 8:12 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
The only Gintama that deserves number 1 is Gintama 2011.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 21, 2021 8:14 PM
Oct 2020
It looks like it's getting botted by 10s, I just looked at the stats, might be wrong tho
Jul 21, 2021 8:58 PM

May 2021
NetiSuper said:
_BeMine_ said:

Still bro I don’t understand why you think it’s worse than other parts, pacing? I could understand if you said SA or FA were better than this but you are saying all of gintama witch is clearly wrong.

Nah, it's not the worst though it's far from being the best for me.

The pacing is one reason. Even simple arcs, if all scenes are properly timed and focused accordingly, could become a masterpiece. I just think that if it were in the usual 24-minutes episodes format they could've taken more time to focus on each scene and give proper spotlight to each of the characters especially since this is the very last episode. This matters a lot especially since Gintoki himself said that the whole casts makes the main character of Gintama. I get that Joui4 is the MVP of this arc, but they overshadow the other casts a bit too much. I don't really get the feeling of everyone's importance as much as the 2nd movie while still being able to highlight the main trio and

My other reason is actually the "too-polished" style which I noticed since the two semi-final episodes. As someone who prefers art style consistency, I'm a bit bothered by it. I just prefer SA which has many wacky frames over this. But that's just me nitpicking.

But I'll have to rewatch it when BD ver comes out because may be the sense of being overwhelmed was partly due to having it watched on the movies. Might change my mind later on.

No worries though, still rated it a 10/10 since it's still a masterpiece regardless.

『ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ』
Jul 21, 2021 9:08 PM
Jan 2021
a perfect ending for Gintama, perfectly closed, protagonists, antagonists, secondary, history, it was fantastic, of course it deserves that position and more.
Jul 21, 2021 9:12 PM
Feb 2021
Okeanix said:
I don'T care FMAB

but not single Gintama deserve to be in Top100.
cry more about it lmao
Jul 21, 2021 9:16 PM
Apr 2020
CyborgSaber said:
TheStarrySnow said:

Exactly, steins gate fans are chill, at least the ones who I have interacted with.
Jul 21, 2021 9:17 PM
Feb 2021
Its the best arc of gintama and in anime for me and I think it deserves the rating it has but still toxic aot and fmab fans gonna downvote it
Jul 21, 2021 9:27 PM

Dec 2019
Oh boi, here comes the flame war
Jul 21, 2021 10:06 PM

May 2021
I HAVENT WATCHED GINTAMA YET BUT IF FMAB FANDOM DOES THE SAME THING AS IT DID WITH FRUIT BASKET,ME AND MY MULTIPLE ACCOUNT WON'T HOLD BACK...
Jul 21, 2021 10:16 PM
Jun 2021
Even that I am a huge fan of Gintama but I really think the final movie is being overrated. Even though FMA doesn't deserve to be in the top 30.
Anyway, it's a matter of time until the fanboys downvote the movie for the sake of keeping their anime (FMA, AOT, FB) on the top
Jul 21, 2021 10:44 PM

Mar 2016
I liked the movie, but I found it nowhere close to being the best part of Gintama, tbh, so I do think the current rating is a bit unwarranted. I found the best material to be back in s2 and s4, personally.
Jul 21, 2021 11:24 PM
Jul 2018
Jevasamy said:
Tristanalt said:

It will create a war between two big fandoms .. Massive fandoms .
fma fandom is much bigger tbh
Jul 22, 2021 12:10 AM
Aug 2020
Different people saying different seasons of Gintama are the best shows how great this anime has been. About to watch the movie and I hope people respect others' opinions and don't spam 1s continually.
Jul 22, 2021 1:08 AM
Nov 2019
If FMAB fans do the same they did with furuba The Final it's gonna be shameful

stupid people fr
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: The Final Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

myth720 - Jan 10, 2021

184 by ILorD1st »»
Jul 15, 8:36 AM

» All done with Gintama!

RahulSenpai - May 5

21 by KatoJoro »»
May 17, 10:19 AM

» Is there any chance....

DarkGamerA - Nov 7, 2021

14 by KeiMiyashiro »»
Apr 30, 3:17 AM

» Kinda disappointed

MikeyFromCali - May 7, 2022

49 by goaTMaru »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

» Can someone explain me how gintoki killed utsuro?

DENAM_106 - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Dumb »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.