Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 »
Aug 6, 2021 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
dierubikdie said:

Thanks!!
Aug 8, 2021 12:34 PM

Mar 2013
Hello, I have a question regarding (44) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more if anyone can help.
Basically the problem is that I have already finished it and I completely forgot to take a screenshot of the popularity number before I started. Is there any way this can be valid or I have to find something else to watch from the start?
Aug 8, 2021 12:40 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
ninetailedfoxie said:
Hello, I have a question regarding (44) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more if anyone can help.
Basically the problem is that I have already finished it and I completely forgot to take a screenshot of the popularity number before I started. Is there any way this can be valid or I have to find something else to watch from the start?
As long as it's still valid, you can just take the screenshot now and use that number. If it's valid when we inspect it, you won't even need it anyway, but it's good to take one if it's close to 700

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Aug 10, 2021 12:40 PM
Jan 2021
Can someone please help me with replacing an item for the challenge.
Aug 10, 2021 12:47 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Zuclyn said:
Hi, just want to be sure - I may use any participant/completed banner from ones here, right?
Yes

TheOGDorkLord said:
Can someone please help me with replacing an item for the challenge.
DM'ing youโ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
dierubikdieAug 11, 2021 6:07 AM

Aug 12, 2021 6:31 AM
Feb 2020
Could I get a few recommendations for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field? Preferably 1-cour. Thanks!
Aug 12, 2021 6:46 PM

Dec 2016
Hi, is Great Pretender valid for: (102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)?
Aug 13, 2021 5:18 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Ginoza said:
Hi, is Great Pretender valid for: (102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)?
At the moment, yes. However, I would recommend taking a screenshot of the Episodes tab just to be safe; the current dates are technically from its Netflix run, and it's possible MAL will want to change them to the actual TV air dates at some point (tbh I don't know how likely that is to happen, I'm just paranoid about unexpected changes like that).

Aug 13, 2021 10:20 AM

Jun 2016
Would Your Lie in April OVA count for 112: at least 2 human MC's below the age of 13? In the main series they are older, but this is a prequel, where I believe they are lil baby childrens
Aug 13, 2021 7:23 PM

Dec 2016
dierubikdie said:
At the moment, yes. However, I would recommend taking a screenshot of the Episodes tab just to be safe; the current dates are technically from its Netflix run, and it's possible MAL will want to change them to the actual TV air dates at some point (tbh I don't know how likely that is to happen, I'm just paranoid about unexpected changes like that).

Thank you, I followed your advise and I took a screeshot just in case =)
Aug 13, 2021 9:16 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
okayyoga said:
Would Your Lie in April OVA count for 112: at least 2 human MC's below the age of 13? In the main series they are older, but this is a prequel, where I believe they are lil baby childrens
We'd need some sort of confirmation that the characters are the correct age. I can't find anything online stating how old they are in this OVA, or even what grade they're in; however, if there's something in the anime that clearly indicates this, you could screenshot it.

Aug 14, 2021 6:16 AM
Feb 2020
Would Keith Kazama Flick in B: The Beginning Succession work for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field?
Aug 17, 2021 8:18 PM

Jun 2016
Alright! Watching the Your Lie in April OVA; the characters are lil babies. At the end, they are in 6th grade, as seen in this scene. And this is the oldest they are in the entire OVA
6th grade is between ages 11-12, meaning all dem piano babies should qualify, for 112, right? Riiiiiiiight??
This one is hard to plan ahead for...
Is this proof enough? I could try to edit the MAL page somehow... They look like dumpling anime cherubs
Aug 18, 2021 5:52 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Mr_Duke_ said:
Would Keith Kazama Flick in B: The Beginning Succession work for (104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field?
As long as he still works as a detective in that season, that's valid.

okayyoga said:
Alright! Watching the Your Lie in April OVA; the characters are lil babies. At the end, they are in 6th grade, as seen in this scene. And this is the oldest they are in the entire OVA
6th grade is between ages 11-12, meaning all dem piano babies should qualify, for 112, right? Riiiiiiiight??
This one is hard to plan ahead for...
Is this proof enough? I could try to edit the MAL page somehow... They look like dumpling anime cherubs
Yeah, that'll be enough. They're all the same age and grade 6 is 11-12 years old, so that screenshot is fine.

Aug 18, 2021 5:37 PM

Jun 2016
@dierubikdie
YASSSSSSSSS
Finally completed 112!! Linking your response with my link to the image to my Bingo sheet. No take backsies!!
VALIDATION IS MINE
Aug 18, 2021 8:20 PM

Feb 2017
(111) i wanna use Love Get Chuu, but i couldn't find some source from web to proof, but i've sure all main are over 18 because all are working and following them dreams, and in the end all grow up more, and the anime is not escolar so more proof
Aug 19, 2021 5:56 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
_Yuki-san said:
(111) i wanna use Love Get Chuu, but i couldn't find some source from web to proof, but i've sure all main are over 18 because all are working and following them dreams, and in the end all grow up more, and the anime is not escolar so more proof
Looks like AniDB has most of their ages listed, and many of them are 18+. Just make sure you choose characters whose ages are listed there.

Aug 19, 2021 7:37 AM

Feb 2017
dierubikdie said:
_Yuki-san said:
Looks like AniDB has most of their ages listed, and many of them are 18+. Just make sure you choose characters whose ages are listed there.

allright, thanks
Aug 27, 2021 2:12 AM

Jul 2020
(45) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #2,000 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more
Can anyone rec me a GOOD anime with 13 episodes or less for this item?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 28, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2016
For (106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main characterโ€จ ,
does Kumoko from Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? count? Its a spider

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Aug 28, 2021 10:53 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Otaakuu said:
She spends most of the anime in spider form, so that's valid.

Aug 28, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2016
dierubikdie said:
Otaakuu said:
She spends most of the anime in spider form, so that's valid.

Thank you!!!

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Aug 30, 2021 9:42 PM

Nov 2017
Hello! Does anyone know if Nozaki from Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun would count for item 104? I'd be putting his profession down as a mangaka

Also, would Kuro from Ao no Exorcist: Kuro no Iede count for item 106?
ClassyPenguinoAug 30, 2021 10:39 PM
hi
Aug 31, 2021 1:25 AM

Jul 2014
ClassyPenguino said:
Hello! Does anyone know if Nozaki from Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun would count for item 104? I'd be putting his profession down as a mangaka
Yes, he is valid for this item.

As long as they don't transform into a humanoid form, they would be valid for this item.
Sep 1, 2021 7:11 AM
Aug 2018
A stupid question but it's kinda bugging me...

So after completing the challenge, I filled the turn in form and submitted it on august 5th. But I haven't gotten any notification informing me whether it was accurate or not. And the completed user list says "2 unsuccessful attempts". So I was wondering if there's any mistake I made.
Will I be informed when the form has been checked? And is there any way perhaps, for me to know if I made a mistake or not?
Sep 1, 2021 7:54 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
_R_a_y_ said:

So after completing the challenge, I filled the turn in form and submitted it on august 5th. But I haven't gotten any notification informing me whether it was accurate or not. And the completed user list says "2 unsuccessful attempts". So I was wondering if there's any mistake I made.
Will I be informed when the form has been checked? And is there any way perhaps, for me to know if I made a mistake or not?
Once your form has been inspected, you'll be informed by PM whether or not there were errors that need addressing. We're all volunteers, with actual irl jobs and such, so inspections usually don't happen immediately.

Sep 1, 2021 9:20 AM
Aug 2018
dierubikdie said:
_R_a_y_ said:

Once your form has been inspected, you'll be informed by PM whether or not there were errors that need addressing. We're all volunteers, with actual irl jobs and such, so inspections usually don't happen immediately.

I understand now. I was a little worried that mine might have a flaw. Thank you
Sep 1, 2021 4:31 PM
Aug 2020
I need some help for (100) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

If I watch an anime that I put on-hold or dropped after July 2020, does this count for this item? I joined here on August 2020 so I don’t have any anime that I put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1,2020.
Sep 1, 2021 6:19 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Folkrouxx said:
I need some help for (100) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

If I watch an anime that I put on-hold or dropped after July 2020, does this count for this item? I joined here on August 2020 so I don’t have any anime that I put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1,2020.
For this item, it doesn't necessarily have to be something that's been on your actual Dropped or On-Hold list, just something that you started and left unfinished before July 1, 2020. As long as your dates are correct to the best of your knowledge, that's fine.

However, if there are no anime that you started and left unfinished before July 1, 2020, then you won't be able to complete this item as part of your challenge.

Sep 7, 2021 5:37 AM

Jan 2009
Hello I have a question!

I'm planning to use Shiguang Dailiren for
(20) Watch an anime by a studio you haven't seen anything from

Halfway through the anime there's an episode 5.5 here, so I did have to watch something else from the same studio before finishing the main series. But I started that special after starting the main series, so would that be okay?
Sep 7, 2021 5:40 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
-Eva- said:
Hello I have a question!

Halfway through the anime there's an episode 5.5 here, so I did have to watch something else from the same studio before finishing the main series. But I started that special after starting the main series, so would that be okay?
They're different studios, so that's not a problem.

Sep 7, 2021 5:54 AM

Jan 2009
dierubikdie said:
-Eva- said:
Hello I have a question!

They're different studios, so that's not a problem.

Oh I didn't even notice that, weird. Sorry and thank you!
Sep 7, 2021 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
Hello,
Can I use a related series for "(92) Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set"?
The active participant states the anime 'Bakemonogatari' and I watched 'Bakemonogatari Recap'. The character in the signature is Senjougahara Hitagi who appears in both anime.
Is it valid?
Sep 7, 2021 10:46 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Szrebi said:
Hello,
Can I use a related series for "(92) Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set"?
The active participant states the anime 'Bakemonogatari' and I watched 'Bakemonogatari Recap'. The character in the signature is Senjougahara Hitagi who appears in both anime.
Is it valid?
That's valid.

Sep 7, 2021 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
dierubikdie said:
Szrebi said:
Hello,
Is it valid?
That's valid.

Thank you :)
Sep 8, 2021 9:07 PM

Jun 2019
Hello, I need some help. I'm kinda confused about this entry.

(23)Watch an anime with a main character that has 2 or more Japanese Voice Actors listed on the character page

Is this one main character with multiple Japanese VA?
Sep 8, 2021 9:14 PM

Aug 2016
Marureviere said:

(23)Watch an anime with a main character that has 2 or more Japanese Voice Actors listed on the character page

Yes. It represents a character that has multiple people playing them. You can see them by going through the Characters & Voice actors tab of the anime and would be displayed like this.

Usually are found with age differences (mostly flashback of male characters as children are often played by women) or transformations.
Sep 8, 2021 9:17 PM

Jun 2019
Artik_Skarab said:
Marureviere said:

Yes. It represents a character that has multiple people playing them. You can see them by going through the Characters & Voice actors tab of the anime and would be displayed like this.

Usually are found with age differences (mostly flashback of male characters as children are often played by women) or transformations.

Got it. Thank you very much <3
Sep 10, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2020
102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)
Is https://myanimelist.net/anime/41120/Fugou_Keiji__Balance_Unlimited<--- this valid?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 10, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
@Scordolo
Yes, it's valid for this item.
Sep 10, 2021 12:53 PM

Jul 2020
mozgow said:
@Scordolo
Yes, it's valid for this item.

Thank you so much for the reply!

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 15, 2021 11:06 AM
Jun 2015
I watched an anime tagged as "Magic" for the challenge, but the magic tag has disappeared. The anime I watched is called Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko. My card is #8, and the challenge number is #67. The Magic anime is not classified as a "Seinen" or a "Mystery". Would I need to change the anime?
Sep 15, 2021 11:46 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
cFreeze said:
I watched an anime tagged as "Magic" for the challenge, but the magic tag has disappeared. The anime I watched is called Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko. My card is #8, and the challenge number is #67. The Magic anime is not classified as a "Seinen" or a "Mystery". Would I need to change the anime?
This situation is very new, and still evolving. Short answer is: you will probably not need to change it. If this changes we will let you know.

Sep 16, 2021 10:01 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
GENREGEDDON 2021

Hello friends!

With MAL's new overhaul to Genres/Themes/Demographics, we know that some things are a little screwy with the challenge, so here are a few notes for the items that are affected:
    Magic
  • The first significant change is that the Magic genre has been completely removed. Luckily, our good friend @Jhiday has worked a little magic of his own, and has archived the full list of all anime on MAL that had the Magic tag before the overhaul.
  • You can see the full list over at the AWCC HoF (you don't need to log in or be a member to view the list):
  • We have also archived the list in our official club here:
  • The anime on that list will be valid for items requiring you to watch an anime tagged as Magic.

Items 64-68
  • Many Genre tags have been changed to Theme tags, but the anime that use them have remained pretty much the same. For our purposes, nothing has really changed for those.
    • For example, Police was a Genre, and now it's a Theme, but if your card has an item that says "Watch an anime tagged as Police", you can still watch any anime with the Police Theme tag.
  • Dementia has been renamed Avant Garde, so if your card asks you to watch a Dementia anime, any anime listed as Avant Garde will be valid for that item. Similarly:
    • Thriller has been renamed Suspense
    • Shoujo Ai has been renamed Girls Love
    • Shounen Ai has been renamed Boys Love
  • You do not need to change the text of your challenge items to match the new tags.
  • Any anime that had the Magic tag prior to the overhaul will still be valid for items requiring the Magic tag.

Items 69-73
  • These items are unaffected, since they all use tags and lists that are not dependent on MAL's tagging system.

Items 74-75
  • For the moment, we don't know how Anime+ is going to handle this overhaul. For now, the tags are all still grouped together as Genres, so it's business as usual. If this changes, we'll update this post. If Magic is your genre for this, we'll work with you.

Item 76
  • If you started this item before Sep 15:
    • All Genres, Themes, and Demographics listed on the anime's MAL page will count toward the two maximum. If the anime you used now has more than two tags as a result of the overhaul, but was valid when you watched it, it'll still be valid. Basically, if it was valid at the time, you should be okay. If you're at all unsure, just ask and we'll be happy to confirm.
  • If you started this item on or after Sep 15:
    • Only tags listed next to Genres will count toward the two maximum.
      • For example, Ping Pong would be valid:
          Genres: Drama, Sports
          Theme: Psychological
          Demographic: Seinen
        But only if it was started on or after Sep 15.

Item 77
  • Genres, Demographics, and Themes all count toward the six tags needed for this item.
    • For example, Monster Musume would be valid:
        Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Ecchi
        Theme: Harem
        Demographic: Seinen

Basically...
  • If it was valid when you watched it, you can almost certainly keep it there. Any screenshots you have for questionable items will help your inspectors tremendously, and please don't hesitate to ask us for clarification.
  • And if you completed your challenge before the overhaul, then you don't have to deal with any of this mess. Just kick back and relax!
dierubikdieSep 24, 2021 12:15 PM

Sep 20, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2015
Idk if this has been asked. For challenges like these, can we use anime we've watched a while ago and add the dates for those? Or do we need to start from scratch?
Sep 20, 2021 5:57 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Ekhan175 said:
Idk if this has been asked. For challenges like these, can we use anime we've watched a while ago and add the dates for those? Or do we need to start from scratch?
For the challenge, you may only use anime you've started and finished in 2021. This is regardless of the date you signed up. For example, if you sign up in September, you can still use any anime you watched this year, as long as you started it Jan 1 or later. Also, rewatching is not allowed.
dierubikdieSep 20, 2021 6:01 PM

Sep 21, 2021 12:41 PM

Aug 2015
dierubikdie said:
Ekhan175 said:
For the challenge, you may only use anime you've started and finished in 2021. This is regardless of the date you signed up. For example, if you sign up in September, you can still use any anime you watched this year, as long as you started it Jan 1 or later. Also, rewatching is not allowed.

Thank you very much!
Sep 22, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2009
Could anyone help me with:

(119) Watch an anime with either 5 or more Opening Themes (OP) listed or 5 or more Ending Themes (ED) listed
— state how many there are of each; it must have 5 or more of either OP or ED songs, not the total number of songs between them; for example: 2 OP and 5 ED, 5 OP and 1 ED, 5 OP and 5 ED; it can't be 2 OP and 3 ED

I really, really don't like music anime, but those are all I could find till now. If you know of any non-music series that would match this challenge, please share.
Sep 22, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
lubryka said:
Could anyone help me with:

(119) Watch an anime with either 5 or more Opening Themes (OP) listed or 5 or more Ending Themes (ED) listed
— state how many there are of each; it must have 5 or more of either OP or ED songs, not the total number of songs between them; for example: 2 OP and 5 ED, 5 OP and 1 ED, 5 OP and 5 ED; it can't be 2 OP and 3 ED

I really, really don't like music anime, but those are all I could find till now. If you know of any non-music series that would match this challenge, please share.
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai - 12 different endings
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

629 by Ranacchi »»
Today, 4:44 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

622 by hoshi4 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

125 by Joyboy_WoL »»
Sep 23, 8:18 PM

Sticky: » ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿธ Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 ๐Ÿธ๐ŸŒท

Aeradae - Apr 28

22 by kjplethodon »»
Jul 1, 4:34 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.