Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 1:49 PM

Feb 2019
SnK winter soldier is finally here. Great episode, pace and direction was top notch as usual. We finally got the infamous chadren abs panel animated. Manga did it better IMO.

Next week is what I’m really looking forward to though is next week. I already know Gabi’s seiyuu is going to put in another masterful performance.
Feb 28, 2021 1:56 PM
Apr 2016
Wait, I don't get it... What does it matter Yelena secured work for Marleyan prisoners (prisoners? I've thought they were volunteers) in restaurants? Actually, what is even Yelena's plan? What does she want?
JanPriFeb 28, 2021 2:00 PM
Feb 28, 2021 2:01 PM

May 2016
I feel bad for Mikasa and Armin... Eren being selfish piece of shit as usual, also the loss
of Erwin is too obvious, none of this would have happened with him around, and thanks
goodness Pyxis is still around I was not a fan of the Premier but still seeing him getting
bombed like that was sad.

Feb 28, 2021 2:02 PM

Jul 2019
For me this episode was somewhat boring in some parts, not bad mind you, but i didnt really care for some scenes (the talk between yelena and the mustache guy comes to mind), i understand that most of the information is indeed important, but they deliver it in such an uninteresting way that sometimes i really just dont care. The tension is building so i appreciate that. I did like the eren being cool as hell by just putting a jacket and revealing his amazing abs. Oh and i guess Floch was cool too.
Some of the art did felt pretty iffy, and for a show that lacks animation as a whole (as in the character dont move much), consistent art is pretty important, and considering the tight schedule, the staff have been doing a pretty decent job, but tbh... this episode wasnt it, which is understandable as the schedule just becames tighter and tighter but some off model faces will always make you feel less engaged, but it wasnt that bad. The direction was also pretty mediocre, nothing necessarily bad, but also nothing necessarily good.
Feb 28, 2021 2:06 PM
Oct 2019
Ayyyyy Hitch is back and still looking cute as ever :) Rip Zachary. We got the jacket scene.

Interested to see where these ''Jaegerists'' thing will go, Floch and Yelena making moves.

Gabi and Falco will eat at a nice restaurant next episode, I expect tense stuff.

Also it looks like Marley is attacking back since we saw Pieck.
Life is not daijoubu
Feb 28, 2021 2:08 PM

Jan 2015
burakk637 said:
When I learned that they didn't play YOUSEEBIGGIRL when Eren wearing his jacket...
... I was so disappointed

LMAO so true. Just saw a guy saying he was looking forward for the jacket scene the most in s4.
Feb 28, 2021 2:13 PM
Oct 2014
deg said:
Armin loves Annie
nice to see Hitch again
RIP Zackly
Yelena very sus
Eren jacket scene is better in the pre-animated trailer
animation quality overall of this episode is so average

Pieck best girl sighting in the end!

next episode is my favorite dealing with (social) darwinism
armin was acting like a total pussy at the beginning
I literally don't remember who this premier guy is or what he did in the story
Is yelena 6'8 or not?
Eren's jacket moves in slo mo but he talks at normal speed
Probably the worst episode in all of aot animation wise
They draw Pieck as a total hottie but make Mikasa look like dogshit.
Feb 28, 2021 2:16 PM
Aug 2016
AnimeNerd99 said:
So Eren has gone full rogue, along with a bunch of followers, and they assassinated the top commander. Eren also seems to have the people on his side against the military. Though imagine if Armin and Mikasa had been caught in that explosion, how would Eren have reacted?

Armin would be fine he is a titan and explosion like that won't kill him while Mikasa had good reflect so she likely would be able to dodge it

JanPri said:
Wait, I don't get it... What does it matter Yelena secured work for Marleyan prisoners (prisoners? I've thought they were volunteers) in restaurants? Actually, what is even Yelena's plan? What does she want?

Because like Hange said. Yelena and Zeke had insurance or you could say back up plan. and this back up plan was something involved the volunteers. you will get the explanation in next episode
mat619Feb 28, 2021 2:21 PM
Feb 28, 2021 2:17 PM

May 2018
rip Pyxis he looked deformed in half of his shots xD

and wow we about to enter another civil war?
Feb 28, 2021 2:19 PM
Nov 2014
zachary got bombed, eren escaped from his cell to look for zeke with huge amount of followers and pieck is in paradis, exciting times ahead. paradis's people are fully supportive of eren and hating on the military.

that eren putting on jacket scene wasn't as good as in the manga (that panel was iconic, same with tatakae from episode 9 the manga version was superior), but it was still good enough to see it in animated form. thanks for the effort mappa.
Feb 28, 2021 2:19 PM

Dec 2016
IPFdomain said:
Sourire said:
Do you know the difference between art and animation? Doesnt seem like it
If they're incapable of drawing a still frame then what can they draw ???

The most fluid like CG horses is what they can draw

Along with the most ambiguous stiff walking animation that makes you think Eren has a rod in his butt

KimurahFeb 28, 2021 2:23 PM
Feb 28, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2017
I'd say this was one of my favourite episodes up to date. Can't wait for next to come

Apr 2013
I can't believe the Military Police fucked up so badly. They had the full support of the people and then they made the same mistakes as the previous government and tried to replace Eren behind the scenes, knowing how popular he is. Blowing up Zachary wasn't necessary, but everything else the "Jaegerists" did I can understand. There was no justice to be found by leaving Eren in the cells.

Also Pieck infiltrated Paradise? I hope they will show how she did it, that must not have been easy.

Jan 2010
a good ep overall. animation is average. i never expected much from a build-up episode. i'm sure they'll go all out on the action and that's when it counts in my opinion.
i'm just grateful i get to see the final arc animated. keep it up MAPPA!
Feb 28, 2021 2:24 PM
Dec 2019
Lol no ones talk about the fucking story anymore

Lots of things happening this ep and half of what people are talking about is the animation and how fucking hot Eren abs are (well, can't judge them for that, he's, indeed, extremely hot)
Feb 28, 2021 2:27 PM

Feb 2014
It seems that the stupid nitpicking hasn't slowed down whatsoever, huh? Nothing ever changes, I guess...

Either way, the only issue I had with the episode was the rather average animation and some characters looking a tad off-model, but it's probably to be expected after how good the last few episodes were quality-wise. It's a bit disappointing why so many "super fans" have such a gripe with something that was going to happen sooner or later. =/

The scenes that this episode nailed were the best looking ones and it certainly showed. Eldia is in manic mode now after the explosion which killed the top commander. Eren really has changed a lot since the previous seasons and seeing him working with the "Yeagerists" only shows that things are going to continue getting more chaotic for a while. Not just that, but Pieck has now infiltrated into Eldia. Reiner's call to get into Eldia as quickly as possible was a smart call from him.

More uncertainly and tension will follow at this rate and that has be hyped up for the next episode. =)
Feb 28, 2021 2:32 PM

Sep 2012
Loved the tension and atmosphere in this episode. Gave me some LoGHsies.
Feb 28, 2021 2:45 PM
Mar 2018
There is a big difference between ep11 and ep12 in terms of animation quality and model consistency. Teruyuki omine did a great job in ep.11 ( also declaration of war). He should have taken more part in this season. It is really sad to see that much difference between two consecutive episodes.
cflxxFeb 28, 2021 2:56 PM
Feb 28, 2021 2:50 PM

Nov 2011
Damn what an episode. I don't know whether to cheer or root for Eren.

Actually kind of wish Mikasa took some damage from the explosion just to see Eren's reaction. But alas.

My Girl Pieck laying in wait at the end ;3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 28, 2021 2:53 PM

Apr 2020
Very weak buildup episode, especially considering last episode took its damn time as well.
Feb 28, 2021 2:56 PM
Jul 2020
the jacket scene was kinda weird ngl but still i loved the episode even tho it felt depressing and tiring it made me wanna cry haha i miss EMA so much :") i can't wait for the next episode .
Feb 28, 2021 2:59 PM
Sep 2018
I think this episode is better than the last couple, things are really picking up now. I don't read manga so I have no clue where this is going but it's super interesting. I don't see how eldians are going to face the world when they are tearing each other apart from within. I'm starting to think Eren doesn't have a plan he's just gone insane.
Feb 28, 2021 3:04 PM

Feb 2020
still lots of building up to.... something. the rumbling i suppose? i hope we get more action scenes soon because those were GREAT :)

yelena interests me a lot, and i am so invested in seeing how the story continues to unfold. i hope we get more insight into eren and his thought process, how he feels about leaving everyone and all that - and imagine if armin and mikasa had been caught up in the explosion, what would he have felt about that?

it's such a great development to have eren go rogue, but i still feel like i don't understand -why-, what was the final straw that made him decide to leave everyone and act alone. sure, he spoke with yelena, who must have said something, and zeke must be planning something too that eren found out about. but even still, he didn't even speak to mikasa/armin/anyone else to talk it through, which is odd?

ANYWAY mikasa and armin's friendship is really shining now and i like it! also i miss when hanji used to be all excitable and energetic, back then the show was almost simpler lol but i can't wait for the moment everything clicks, that's always soooo satisfying

NEXT EP LEVI IS BACK TOO FINALLY <3 also that's sasha's family in the restaurant what the hell nothing better happen to them!!! (and gabi and falco are there too oh dear oh dear and pieck has turned up too oh gosh)
Feb 28, 2021 3:10 PM
Apr 2016
Not gonna lie, it's the first episode of the season that I didn't like. The art and animation was freaking ugly, and the direction very bland.

Looking at the preview, it doesn't seem like there will be any improvements for next week...
Feb 28, 2021 3:17 PM

Sep 2020
Chad Eren

Sure...

Rem: First Time?

Interesting

OMG!

Ohh boy, here it comes!

Damn!

W H A T ?

Nobody believes you bitch!

True, true

Oh boy, they're already here! btw she looks so fucking dead lmao!

Sooo fucking exited for the next one!
10/10
ACTUAL SPOILER WEEEOOOOO WEEEEOOOOOO

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Feb 28, 2021 3:28 PM
Apr 2016
Okay, so the military planed to replace Eren, Hange and the OG scouts turned on him too somehow, BUT what is their actual plan to save Paradis from destruction? Do they even realize the whole world is about to gang up on them? I really don't get it. Eren is their only chance here.
Feb 28, 2021 3:29 PM

Jan 2020
Well, animation and direction were really subpar in this episode.

Still shots obviously made to save money, horses with dead eyes (I mean, just look at them), a guard eating an apple as if it was the most important thing in the episode, Mikasa's running style and Eren's walking style (I can't even... Jeez, it was meant to be such an iconic moment but it was just funny).

This episode should have been quite emotional with some action, but bad execution ruined it.

The worst moment (direction) : when Mikasa acted surprised like half a second before the blow, looked really strange.

The best moment (due to Isayama): Pixis deciding not to fight Yaegerists. How I love this man, he's always had the interest of people at heart. It was him who gave a chance to Eren to prove himself after he turned out a titan shifter and it was him who staged the "breach of Wall Rose" that was instrumental in the Uprising. I love this man.

The animation quality of the preview for the next week's episode looks significantly better.
SoranoCloudFeb 28, 2021 3:36 PM
Feb 28, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
i'm still unsure abt what i think abt the new eren. if i like him or not. but for sure i don't like how he doing things no matter what the reason is. his friends could have died with that explosion.
Feb 28, 2021 3:45 PM

Jul 2017
I can't keep up on the politics and all in this episode.. my brain is too small:" what I know is something bad will happen and I'm not sure what it is.

Holy shit Pieck is already on Paradis Island?!?!
Feb 28, 2021 3:52 PM
Dec 2020
SoranoCloud said:
Well, animation and direction were really subpar in this episode.

Still shots obviously made to save money, horses with dead eyes (I mean, just look at them), a guard eating an apple as if it was the most important thing in the episode, Mikasa's running style and Eren's walking style (I can't even... Jeez, it was meant to be such an iconic moment but it was just funny).

This episode should have been quite emotional with some action, but bad execution ruined it.

The worst moment (direction) : when Mikasa acted surprised like half a second before the blow, looked really strange.

The best moment (due to Isayama): Pixis deciding not to fight Yaegerists. How I love this man, he's always had the interest of people at heart. It was him who gave a chance to Eren to prove himself after he turned out a titan shifter and it was him who staged the "breach of Wall Rose" that was instrumental in the Uprising. I love this man.

The animation quality of the preview for the next week's episode looks significantly better.
Yeah ep 9,10 and 12 had a serious quality drop, still hoping for improvements in the blurry version. ep 13-16 will have a better quality again and after that it would be the best if they release a fckn movie for chapter 117-123, its the best part of Aot and should have the best quality
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Feb 28, 2021 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
eren putting on the jacket looked better in the trailer. might be just me though
Feb 28, 2021 4:02 PM
Oct 2019
Lmao i don't understand these manga bros nitpicking every details to complain, seriously y'all are ridiculous...

RIP Dhalis Zachary 🙏
Sad he must be the victim...

Eren scene with Yeagerist are Great, Eren walking to the hill like a GOD...

The OST near the was hyped af...

Yelena still sus, didn't trust her at all...

Etf Pieck-chan is here 😱

Always Remember every episode of AOT is important...
davidyodo24Feb 28, 2021 8:03 PM
Feb 28, 2021 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
The scene of Mikasa running in the beggining had S3P2 level of quality, but other than that, it was pretty great episode. I felt I was understanding more the dialogue compared to 2 episodes ago. Man, I'm feeling the next couple of episode are gonna be breathtaking.
Feb 28, 2021 4:57 PM

Jan 2020
Abdulaziz_Alwaha said:
I sometimes think that we don't deserve the final season to be animated because of these reviews.

Yeah, I agree, we don't deserve THIS kind of quality...

I mean, people saying that things are going to be fixed in Blue Ray are sure optimists, but hell, that would mean redrawing everything, and I don't think this is humanly possible.
Feb 28, 2021 5:14 PM
Feb 2021
Yikes!

What happened?

According to polls this is, by far, the worst episode of the season.

Worse than EP6, criticized for all the CG animation for titans and scouts....

And worse than EP2, criticized for the weird rotoscoping animation...
Feb 28, 2021 5:21 PM

Feb 2021
davidyodo24 said:
Lmao i don't understand these manga bros nitpicking every details to complain, seriously y'all are ridiculous...

Simply put, the adaptation doesn't live up to the source material, while all the previous seasons(with exception of s3 part 1) significantly boosted the overall experience.

3/5, it was okay. As a manga reader judging by how well the anime adapted the source material, it's:
Ep8>Ep11>Ep2>Ep5>Ep7>Ep4>Ep9>Ep1>Ep10>Ep12>Ep3>Ep6
Feb 28, 2021 5:31 PM

Feb 2014
GIVE YOUR HEARTS FOR EREN YEAGER!!!
Dawn of the Yeagerists is upon us.
Also can't wait for poor Levi fans next episode. Will be a good meme for years to come.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 28, 2021 5:32 PM

Feb 2021
qguffey said:
Yikes!

What happened?

I legit think this is the main reason why everyone are upset

And unlike everything else, this is something that was 100% shown in the trailer for s4, so most people know what they were robbed of. While the most people don't understand the heights this season could have reached in general if it was adapted how it deserved to be adapted, hence don't understand the manga readers.
XilverFeb 28, 2021 5:39 PM
Feb 28, 2021 5:41 PM
Feb 2021
Xilver said:
qguffey said:
Yikes! What happened? According to polls this is, by far, the worst episode of the season.
I legit think this the main reason why everyone are upset
[Eren scene]
And unlike everything else, this is something that was 100% shown in the trailer for s4, so most people know what they were robbed of. While the most people don't understand the heights this season could have reached in general if it was adapted how it deserved to be adapted, hence don't understand the manga readers.

Ah..gotcha...I see why that would be important to people. It's a very cool manga panel.

But I hope no one goes overboard by threatening animators. That would be unfortunate.
qguffeyFeb 28, 2021 5:46 PM
Feb 28, 2021 5:41 PM
Oct 2019
Xilver said:
davidyodo24 said:

Simply put, the adaptation doesn't live up to the source material, while all the previous seasons(with exception of s3 part 1) significantly boosted the overall experience.

3/5, it was okay. As a manga reader judging by how well the anime adapted the source material, it's:
Ep8>Ep11>Ep2>Ep5>Ep7>Ep4>Ep9>Ep1>Ep10>Ep12>Ep3>Ep6

Wow I'm surprised the fact that you can rank the number of the episodes...

As an Anime Only, I'm glad i just can enjoying what i watched....

ImNOTAmOtaku said:
Lol no ones talk about the fucking story anymore

Lots of things happening this ep and half of what people are talking about is the animation and how fucking hot Eren abs are (well, can't judge them for that, he's, indeed, extremely hot)

That's the saddest part of this thread...
I'm here for the Story discussion but what i found is just ....

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:02 PM
Feb 28, 2021 5:56 PM

Mar 2019
It's amazing how spoilt people are and the effort they will go through to ruin something that they could
easily still enjoy. Animation wah. MAPPA WAH.
Feb 28, 2021 6:02 PM

Dec 2016
Swizze said:
It's amazing how spoilt people are and the effort they will go through to ruin something that they could

It's amazing how fervient fans try so hard to toss up a smoke screen for people with a more critical eye for details.

"Wah wah, stop shitting on muh precious animuh, you should all be a conformist like I am, wah wah"
Feb 28, 2021 6:03 PM
Sep 2018
A good episode but I really want to see more ^^
Feb 28, 2021 6:04 PM
Jun 2017
Eren really started a world war and then nearly started a civil ar. That's my goat right there. It's sad that even Mikasa and Armin seem so distant to him now.
Feb 28, 2021 6:07 PM

Mar 2019
Kimurah said:
Swizze said:

It's amazing how fervient fans try so hard to toss up a smoke screen for people with a more critical eye for details.

"Wah wah, stop shitting on muh precious animuh, you should all be a conformist like I am, wah wah"

I'm not even that big a fan, just simply enjoying the fact that I get to watch the last season animated regardless. Your post couldn't be more wrong. Precious.
Feb 28, 2021 6:18 PM

Jan 2014
This was probably the worst-looking episode of the season. Writing's still good, but yeah, when I should have been feeling tension I wasn't because of how cheap a lot of the episode looked. It got distracting. I hope the next ones look better.
Feb 28, 2021 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad this season has 16 eps.
Lighting was good.
Feb 28, 2021 6:36 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Xilver said:
qguffey said:
Yikes!

What happened?

I legit think this is the main reason why everyone are upset

Thank you for pointing this out-- was much confused at all the hate.
Cruicruise said:
Okay, so the military planed to replace Eren, Hange and the OG scouts turned on him too somehow, BUT what is their actual plan to save Paradis from destruction? Do they even realize the whole world is about to gang up on them? I really don't get it. Eren is their only chance here.
literally me - I don't even know what to expect at this point.
Feb 28, 2021 6:37 PM

Jul 2020
The scene where Floch was handing Eren's jacket to him was so beautiful.
I really thought when Pixis said they are gonna surrender he was joking but turns out he was not
It's funny that no one are recalling the trial Eren had to go to in season 1.If they DO recall later I bet they would say "It would've been better if we killed him at that time" or something like that.
I thought that Pieck was dead?But seems like she was infiltrating Paradis Island all along.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 28, 2021 6:43 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I found the OST's for this episode to be really good and the scene where Eren puts the jacket on was nice. Pretty dialogue heavy episode but it was still pretty enjoyable

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by catscho »»
Aug 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

466 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2020

461 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 10:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.