Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2021 3:21 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
booyah10 said:
Very nice episode. Also nice to have OnoD for Philip as he is a great character

Playcool said:
Fuck, if only this had showed up hours ago I could have enjoyed some Eris quality time, punching Rudeous around, while having a nice lunch!

For those on the fence about Eris, give it a few episodes before you surrender yourself to her qualities as best girl, soon you will forget Sylphy and Roxy!

Wait till the academy arc and you'll soon forget all about Eris! hahaha

Yet till before that, you will call her best girl, and if you know what comes ahead, you know the titles return to its ownner, since
Feb 8, 2021 3:35 AM

Apr 2015
what would Mile do (from Noukin) if she was in his position?

she'll put small spikes on their shoes that's what! I mean think about it

the kidnappers won't even be able to make any step. it wouldn't even be a fight in the first place!
the "brawl" between him and the tsundere bitch won't even last long. make her cry and plead for mercy mwahahaha
actually the fight between him and dad won't even be an issue. he'd be able to stay with Sylph best girl forever.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Feb 8, 2021 5:20 AM

Nov 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
_afk_ said:

A small spoiler that I don't think it will hurt much, Greyrat House is actually consisted of 4 big houses, including Notos House (from which Rudeus Greyrat, technically Rudeus Notos Greyrat but his father renounced his nobility, came from) and Boreas House (from which Eris Boreas Greyrat came from).

Both are technically blood-related but only to the point of second cousins, as their grandfathers were brothers. And this level incest would be pretty normal to even modern era in some culture, while it was the norm in medieval era. Should I remind you of the Habsburgs?
What I'm pointing out here is that this anime/story manages to involve EVEN incest out of all things. I don't need a reminder about real-life history, as if that makes it ok lol.
Have you not seen game of thrones or something?
Feb 8, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2019
ExcaliburAO said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
What I'm pointing out here is that this anime/story manages to involve EVEN incest out of all things. I don't need a reminder about real-life history, as if that makes it ok lol.

People seem not to have the same standards for medieval fantasy in anime and in TV shows lmao
I really like Raildex, Mushoku Tensei, Dragon Quest Dai, Sabikui Bisco, Re:Zero, and Monogatari!
Feb 8, 2021 5:41 AM

Nov 2019
DidiGetsRekt said:
ExcaliburAO said:

People seem not to have the same standards for medieval fantasy in anime and in TV shows lmao
The west doesn’t deserve anime
Feb 8, 2021 5:42 AM

Feb 2014
As fiery as the shinning crimson on her hair. Eris Boreas Greyrat, a god-tier dere.
Really love her character and I know people will lover her more as the story goes on.
Also damn Ghislaine painted this show gory with that OP skill. Sword King for nothing eh.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 8, 2021 5:47 AM
Apr 2019
Here comes a new girl in this series. She almost reminds me of Taiga from Tora Dora.

I can also that Rudeus plan is good, if not only those bastards were really trying to kill them. Still it's a win situation for him in the end after all.
Feb 8, 2021 5:53 AM
Jan 2021
ExcaliburAO said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Well put man lol, maybe their experience is limited to hamtaro or something
Feb 8, 2021 5:59 AM
May 2016
randomage said:
ExcaliburAO said:

Well put man lol, maybe their experience is limited to hamtaro or something

In our culture marry cousin is not incest

Dont using your westard standart on asia product
Western is not the world.

In mokuten eris even have different branch with rudi line
Rudi father isnt brother of eris father
YohanlieFeb 8, 2021 6:02 AM
Feb 8, 2021 6:28 AM

Jun 2015
Eris is likely to be able to stand among God-tier tsunderes such as Rin Tohsaka and Aisaka Taiga.
Feb 8, 2021 6:36 AM
Aug 2015
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

My parents come from the same village and probably share a common ancestor, so should I just kill myself?

You know, you sound dumb right. In most of the countries all over the world, marriage between first cousins is legal and Rudy and Eris are not even that.

Honestly, if you hate the show for such little things, just drop it. Give it a 1 star rating or whatever and move on.
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 8, 2021 6:46 AM
Nov 2020
Haha I like how Rudeus is on a first-name basis with Paul. And we don't know if that redhead is a second or third cousin to Rudeus, but at which point is it not considered incestuous anymore? (It's a little suspect too because even the dad considered the possibility that the two might get together in the future). The fact that she's older will make it that much hotter once Rudeus wins her over with his "jobless" skills lol.

LOL he forgot his "holy relic" back at home! It would be funny if the redhead starts to rough him up and then that relic just randomly flies out from underneath his shirt.

I would like for this series to go for 26 episodes (52 would be better!) This truly is the progenitor of the isekai genre. This has set the bar too high, and it might be hard to enjoy other isekai titles in the future.
Feb 8, 2021 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
That girl is really violent, isn't she? I would have given up if I was called to their home to become her tutor and she gave me that atittude!

Woah, I thought it was all an act when the two of them got tied up, but NO!! It was real! Also, that Ghislaine acted fast, she slashed those two men at the speed of sound! Oh my!! It actually scared me, also the scene where one of the two men's head got their head decapitated and blood flowing out. Really creepy!

Also, another week of wait wait!
Feb 8, 2021 7:29 AM

Jun 2016
paul is scumbag confirmed !!!

eris is damn hot personality and act !!
Feb 8, 2021 7:39 AM

Nov 2017
Playcool said:
Starhammer said:
Nah,don't think so,Roxy is a Goddess :)

Though Sylphiette gives both a run for their money later :)

You say that because you have yet to watch Eris development which will be much lengthier than previous 2, in this initial phase of the story, so be prepared to eat your words.
I doubt that,as I've read the LN up til a lot later than this,and I still say Roxy is a Goddess! :)
Feb 8, 2021 7:40 AM

May 2019
kuwangpa said:
Haha I like how Rudeus is on a first-name basis with Paul. And we don't know if that redhead is a second or third cousin to Rudeus, but at which point is it not considered incestuous anymore?

Unless you are living in Korea, China, or in some states of the Fundamentalist United States of America, even the marriage of 1st cousins is legal in the most of countries around the world.

1st cousins. Yes, the daughter/son of your uncle/aunt.

Legal.

I'm shocked about how many weebs didn't know this.

Rob7Feb 8, 2021 10:17 AM
Feb 8, 2021 7:42 AM

Nov 2017
Altter said:
Starhammer said:

Why not,I think this has one of the best OP/ED I have ever heard,and for once,they both fit the anime,which I have to say,has been one of the best adaptions I have ever seen.
For a first outing by Studio Bind,they are nailing it in every way!

I know, I love the OP, one of my favorites of all times.

Just that I want more screentime, and that 1 minute of OP seems bloody delicious.
LOL,I understand what you mean,though i am waiting for both OP/ED singles to be released so I can get them.The full OP is absolutely amazing!
Feb 8, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
The show continuing to downplay Paul's cheating is unsurprising, choosing to simply play it off as a joke. Given that's how it did it last episode, I suppose I shouldn't be shocked.

I was initially pleased that the show didn't have titillating designs but one gacha design had to sneak in, I guess.

I feel I should make a bingo board for this.
TylaenFeb 8, 2021 9:54 AM
Feb 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Jul 2016
rdturbo said:
SouthRzVa said:

Can't believe you are making such comparison. Guess I had enough MAL for today.

Yeah man, you had enough MAL today, it's time to go back to disney shows

Lovely.

BlakexEkalb said:
SouthRzVa said:

Can't believe you are making such comparison. Guess I had enough MAL for today.

We’re my comparisons too good for you? I’d be overwhelmed too. Walk away.

Indeed. Too overwhelming to be taken seriously even.
Feb 8, 2021 9:58 AM
Nov 2020
Rob7 said:

Unless you are living in Korea, China, or in some states of the Fundamentalist United States of America, even the marriage of 1st cousins is legal in the most of countries around the world.

1st cousins. Yes, the daughter/son of your uncle/aunt.

Legal.

I'm chocked how many weebs didn't know this.

Unless it was clarified in the LN (which I haven't read yet), it wasn't made clear if Paul and Eris' dad are first cousins.
Feb 8, 2021 10:41 AM

Nov 2017
My girl eris so hot. The best girl after roxy panties LUL

Feb 8, 2021 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
I hate the noise filter.
He's not jobless anymore lol

Feb 8, 2021 1:15 PM

Feb 2021
Shirase-san said:
New character, Eris!

This is the first time Rudy meets Eris, but Rudy has already been slapped by Eris lol, and damn, Ghislaine is very fast

The fireworks are really good

It seemed Rudy was very shocked when he saw someone die in front of him

Hey bro, from what anime is your signature and profile pic ?
Feb 8, 2021 1:38 PM

May 2019
Noir_Alchemist said:

Hey bro, from what anime is your signature and profile pic ?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35839/Sora_yori_mo_Tooi_Basho
Feb 8, 2021 1:43 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Rudy finally got a job as a tutor for Eris along with Ghislaine being her bodyguard. Eris turns out to be a handful for Rudy with her violent tsundere nature so he devised a plan for both of them to be kidnapped. However, this plan goes sideways and Rudy is put in a life threatening situation. Thankfully, Ghislaine was there to rescue them. Eris seems to have calmed down after going all that and Rudy was allowed to do his job as a tutor.
Feb 8, 2021 4:11 PM

Jul 2016
Ghislaine once again proves why she is the Wifuu of the year and best female character in the series

And to think Paul doesn't want Rudes to get closer to her, If I were Rudes Id tell Paul to find me a lady that looks like her or share her.
Feb 8, 2021 6:59 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
So far I've really enjoyed every episode.. surprised no ones talking about this show
Feb 8, 2021 7:26 PM

Mar 2016
And Rudeus meets best girl Eris. Good animation, the fight was on spot. I don't like theory are rushing the story and forgetting some people like that guy you all mentioned
I mean, at this pace I wouldn't be surprised if by episode 8 Rudeus
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 8, 2021 8:19 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Before I saw this episode I already saw Eris, I thought she is Lilia's daughter grown up, I was wrong hihi :)

1st real life or death combat for Rudeus even for his hopeless NEET life before, no wonder he got so stunned looking at so much blood.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 8, 2021 9:53 PM
Mar 2014
Interesting episode though Eris being beaten was brutal. Thankfully he was there to heal her and she's accepted him so it'll be interesting to see how she opens up. Furthermore, this 5 year teaching job sounds long so hopefully the anime covers the important details and gets us back to the outside world with Rudy being 5 years older and wiser.
Feb 9, 2021 2:51 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Athzewe said:
INCREDIBLE

Lol Paul

Rudy tames the delinquent girl Eris!

The fight is so freaking cool.

Ghislaine is freaking badass, that sword slash is so powerful and beautiful, I got goosebumps.

Rudy lands his first job, hope that Eris will listen from now on.

You must be an anime only, taming her is impossible. xD

It is just a matter of honing the tiger's fangs for the right moment to strike.
Feb 9, 2021 3:06 AM
Oct 2015
Best episode so far , very realistic with that plan go wrong hahaha , but it ended well so 10/10

If you don't appreciate art , anime aren't for you , there is nothing wrong in them , nothing is perfect !

If you criticize Anime you should release your reviews directly to people and authors that made em !

Anime will not get any better if reviews do not get outside the borders of this website , change this !
Feb 9, 2021 3:06 AM
Feb 2021
They totally botched this episode. I mean how do write a character completely out of the source material let alone two. Both the grandfather and butler were removed, they screwed up how they were kidnapped the only good thing in this episode was the awesome scene they made for Ghyslaine. I’m really hoping they fix it up for the next episode I understand you can’t follow the original story completely but come on two fairly important story characters can’t just disappear and say that’s 5-star writing
Feb 9, 2021 4:06 AM

May 2019
Crippsyboi said:
They totally botched this episode. I mean how do write a character completely out of the source material let alone two. Both the grandfather and butler were removed, they screwed up how they were kidnapped the only good thing in this episode was the awesome scene they made for Ghyslaine. I’m really hoping they fix it up for the next episode I understand you can’t follow the original story completely but come on two fairly important story characters can’t just disappear and say that’s 5-star writing

There are Novel readers that guess every change in an adaptation is bad because it is... a change.

Well, sadly the anime is rushing a bit, something that could be avoided if the anime was full 30 min of content (like Re:Zero is doing) and not just 22+ED.

But this changes of Ep 5 was correct for me. They preserved the Buttler/Housekeeper Alphonse, who is already there, without the useless trouble (in the plot) to add another previous buttler only for take part in this kidnapping. The culprit was just a expendable henchman, what was more natural.

And also they just postponed the introduction of Eris grandfather to the next episode, to also keep more impact on Eris *shocking* introduction, lol.

Sauron has a strong personality and he would interfere a lot in the tone of this episode. Eris father by other hand was just perfect.
Feb 9, 2021 5:58 AM
Apr 2015
To be honest, after rewatching this episode over and over again, I came to appreciate the change in the adaptation.

The episode is rushed, yes, but the flow is great. I feel like it lasted only 5 minutes. Only minor details are rushed and not the plot itself.

My only issue is the technique Ghislaine used at the end. It is a major technique in the novel, but the adaptation certainly uses a different technique (original even). I assume the script writer wants to leave it to the future so no one can sneak a peek at the technique yet.
Feb 9, 2021 6:37 AM

Aug 2014
It's like the show gets worse with each episode. This one was average so I don't have a lot of compliments aside from the generic development but man, I must have completely missed the point of why this show has an 8.34?/10 rate
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 9, 2021 7:36 AM
May 2012
I like how they do the opening song.
Feb 9, 2021 7:41 AM
Aug 2015
i like how the show is getting better and better with each episode. it is as far as possible from the generic isekais released the past few years. hopefully, they can adapt the show to full completetion
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Feb 9, 2021 8:06 AM
Oct 2019
Really Paul? Are you banging all the girls? Lmao this Horny man

Eris, your typical Tsundere character... Fucking annoying
Yeah Good decision to Slap Her lol

Oh boy the planned wasn't goes smoothly, turns out the servant really hate Eris...
I mean with that personality i would Hate her too...

Rudy fight scene was Incredible, especially when the rock hit the PP lmao 🤣 that was so good...

Really enjoying this episode, the show just keep better and better every single episode....
Feb 9, 2021 8:22 AM

May 2014
Nice, a tsundere character! Though as of now she's more of a flat out violent character. Loving the quality of the show both technically and narratively. Liked Rudy's backhanded plan to earn her trust, funny that it backfired. I like how he's actually a little traumatized at the sight of blood and the thought of death.

But it was all worth it in the end in the holy quest for dere. "Money can't buy dere" is one of my favorite quotes now.
Feb 9, 2021 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
Eris beating up Rudy was really nice :D
I did feel a little sorry for him, but he kinda had it coming (not for his interaction with Eris tho, just everything that happened so far). It's also really pathetic that he abused an actual life and death situation to teach her some manners and only saved her cause he wanted to "get the dere" ._.
Paul's letter also pretty much solidifies him as trash and proves that he hasn't learned anything from his mistake. Oh well...

Having said that, this was a great episode. There was basically no unnecessary fanservice, Rudy kept it in his pants for the most part too & while his plan backfired horribly, it kinda worked out in the end I guess.

4/5 episode, I still don't like Rudy one bit, but the anime is getting better and better (the animation is still superb too) :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 9, 2021 10:30 AM

Mar 2017
Rudy's got himself a tsundere, but to be honest she's pretty unlikable... hopefully, she'll get better now that she's acknowledged him.

That fight scene was incredible! I can't believe Rudy was putting himself down cause he couldn't protect Eris on his own... dude, you are 7 years old and fought like a boss! He should be proud of himself!
Feb 9, 2021 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
Re-watching episode 5 again. Can't contain myself.

Bestgrrril route unlocked!!!!
Can't buy dere with money.
Feb 10, 2021 12:16 AM

May 2016
I think this experience has really opened Rudeus’s eyes to how scary this new world can be. He nearly took his life for granted
Feb 10, 2021 4:11 AM

Oct 2014
Rob7 said:
And haters, drop it already, there are "better" anime for you, like Naruto lol

Huh, how original.
Feb 10, 2021 6:33 AM
Nov 2010
The kidnappers' plan was not really well explained. Unless it's a part of a greater plot, which I doubt it is, it's basically a lack of information from the show.

Incest being shown as a good thing is not good and that the Habsburgs or whoever else did it, too, doesn't make it any better or wiser, either. Eris' attitude is somewhat understandable since she's a brat but I personally find her lack of refinement annoying, too.

Karsaaa said:
I knew something was up with the dude after they zoomed in on his face.

Well, the show wasn't really subtle about it. It went over everything quite fast in this episode and didn't give time for the plot or characters to build up, so they had to rely on such a cheap trick to get by.
Feb 10, 2021 6:59 AM
May 2020
Eris the tsundere made a valiant first effort to why you having kids could be a bad idea. Rudy has become quite the hero in his short years as a magician and even went as far to almost lay his life for Eris. the episode was once again beautiful and i cant wait for the next episode
Feb 10, 2021 7:05 PM
Apr 2015
Tomislavr7 said:
Incest being shown as a good thing is not good and that the Habsburgs or whoever else did it, too, doesn't make it any better or wiser, either.

I think the audiences tend to impose their own morality on the show they are watching. This is similar to how I perceive people when they discuss history. Judging others who lived in a different situation than ours with our standard is quite ridiculous.

Different world, different era, different culture, different morality. The fact that we have a totally different world with such differences make the world a lot more fleshed out.

Furthermore, in the light novel, Eris and Rudeus relationship is rarely displayed as incest. Sometimes it is mentioned that they are cousins but that is the furthest extent. If the two people don't perceive each other as relatives, then that shouldn't be considered as incest. Cousin marriage is legal in Japan as well, as it is in a large part of the world.
Feb 10, 2021 11:03 PM
Aug 2017
That was a good ep, Im loving every moment of this anime. Nothing but praise. LETS GO DERE HEROINE YUHHH
Feb 11, 2021 6:22 AM

Oct 2008
BWAHAHAHAH: "Money can't buy dere!" i cracked-up on this!
5/5.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

447 by adoyash »»
Sep 20, 4:30 PM

» Am i missing something? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kenzolo-folk - Jul 1

220 by Bolona07 »»
Sep 15, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

480 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

301 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

301 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 9, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.