Forum Settings
Forums

[SERIOUS] I can't seem to enjoy anime anymore..

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2020 10:52 PM
Jul 2020
It's same for me too. Now I have started reading manga and I enjoy it
Aug 2, 2020 11:08 PM

Dec 2017
Ok so i think you should look for an anime that will light your passion for anime again try to look for one(in your search you could take a bunch of anime and start watching them and if your not enjoying them just put them aside for now).
I wish you the best of luck
Don't fuck up the present, it's connected to your future!
Aug 2, 2020 11:21 PM
Jan 2019
It’s simple. You have grown mature and anime is not your thing.
The solution to this problem is to just stop watching anime and start watching something else you enjoy.
Aug 2, 2020 11:26 PM
Jan 2019
No matter where the characters come from they are real and they have a purpose and you need to acknowledge that. If you’re gonna think like that then even real actors are just playing a role, nothing really is happening and nobody really dies in anime or regular tv. So just ignore the fact and focus on the plot and try to feel what the characters are feeling.
Aug 3, 2020 12:02 AM

Nov 2019
I'll try to offer a solution, but who knows if it would work.

When you're watching a show, ask yourself something like, "What IF this is really happening in another universe? What IF this is a man-made imagination on screen here on earth, but in the vastness of the multiverse it's also happening somewhere in a different reality (infinite realities, timelines etc.)?"

That someone here on earth created it doesn't matter then--it's coincidental and incidental to the idea that it actually does exist somewhere out there, like that other universe where you won the lottery or got flesh eating disease. You don't need to believe the idea, just entertain it, and maybe it'll be enough of a mindscrew to help the situation.
Aug 3, 2020 12:06 AM

Nov 2014
just dont vvatch it anymore lol,there's no point in vvatching something you dont' enjoy.
there are shovvs and movies.
there are no better advices,or different genre of anime idk you made a account just for this lmao
Aug 3, 2020 12:20 AM
Aug 2020
I've had this problem before, when i was younger, I could binge watch any anime no matter how bad, i didn't give an f, i just kept watching and enjoyed every bit of it (even atrocities like school days, i watched that with popcorn and instant noodles). I loved anime, but somewhere along the way, life happened and I kinda lost interest as I spent more time with friends and my love interest. Then the people around me started to read mangas/manhwas and I tried to read what they recommended so we could talk about it and I ended up liking it even more than animes, so i definitely recommend you try that, Mangas take such a long time to update though so I resorted to reading the light novels. I recommend reading light novels and while LNs are very dependent on how good the translations are, It's definitely worth reading for certain titles like Overlord, Warlock of the Magus World, and Reverend Insanity (this one is a must read and i can't help but recommend it, just try reading 20 chapters, this novel is so good everything you've seen so far would seem like such garbage stories compared to this, it will reinvigorate your love for fiction, trust me). Reverend insanity really made me love this type of media again and I'm sure it can change yours as well. I started watching animes again this quarantine, while not as fervent as before, I do enjoy it quite a bit again.
Aug 3, 2020 12:24 AM

Apr 2015
It might be a good idea to have a try at other hobbies and see if you like them.
Aug 3, 2020 12:25 AM
May 2020
3miL said:
This will sound like a bad idea but, try watching live action adaptations of anime. The difference in quality could shock you back to liking anime lol
Your forum signature, is it from an anime..? Looks really great.
Aug 3, 2020 1:42 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Aks_2171 said:
3miL said:
This will sound like a bad idea but, try watching live action adaptations of anime. The difference in quality could shock you back to liking anime lol
Your forum signature, is it from an anime..? Looks really great.

Totally unrelated to the thread but it's from Yugioh (specifically GX and Arc-V)
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ཐི♡ཋྀ «•«━━━━┙
Aug 3, 2020 4:52 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Ditch anime and go do stuff adults do, you're free to do w/e you want with your time. Before you know you'll be too busy to watch it (ofc some of that will have to wait till post covid)
Aug 3, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2018
I usually just turn my brain off and it becomes more enjoyable. Also, switching up the genres and rotating between animes keeps my attention longer.
I fear not the man who has watched 10,000 animes once, but I fear the man who has watched one anime 10,000 times.
Aug 3, 2020 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
can't really help you other than suggesting you watch non-animated tv shows.
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Aug 3, 2020 8:00 PM

Oct 2017
I kinda have/had the same problem. I think it's because you view life differently, and are not impressed by the same things or anime isn't a new thing in your life anymore.

Uhm, when I lost the spark anime gave me, it was because I was starting to get depressed, but after getting some help I get to enjoy anime again a bit. (I'm not saying it's the same for you or that you are depressed or anything, just posting my personal experience).

And if anime doesn't make you feel the same, you can try new things like live action series or reading manga; maybe someday you'll want to retry watching anime and you'll get the same feeling as before.
Aug 4, 2020 1:30 AM

Feb 2018
You just leave the anime and focus on the real world.
Aug 4, 2020 1:54 AM
Nov 2015
I think you need a break, What was "a long break" for you? I stopped watching anime in general around my last 2 years of uni and around a year and a half after that to focus on my studies and job hunting.. so probably 3.5 years now if not more. So during that time I had zero interest in anime, it wasn't hate but it was indifference and I didnt care to watch it anymore nor care to invest my time in fictional (drawn)characters and made up stories that were repetitive.But I just recently got back into it after this very long break and I'm glad that I did, another plus and something that helped me get back into it is watching it with someone whether your siblings or friends. At first I was so reluctant to get back into anime but my brother told me that I had to watch this certain anime and he had already seen it but he'd watch it again with me. So whenever we'd get back home we'd watch a few episodes together while having a meal and thats what got me back into it. Try watching it with someone who you can share your enthusiasm with, because that enthusiasm is contagious.
Aug 4, 2020 1:58 AM
Jan 2017
What about movies? I rarely watch anime nowadays but I very much enjoy movies. I also feel the same thing regarding aging. They just don't feel good enough anymore.
Aug 4, 2020 1:58 AM
Nov 2015
Also, I'd just like to add.. Its okay if you lose interest. It just means your interest has shifted to something else, there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe later on you'll find yourself wanting to go back and watch anime just like I did. Maybe you'll find that spark again that made you love anime. During my Break from anime I found Instagram posts with highlights of certain anime that captured that spark and reminded me why I loved anime and encouraged me to get back into it.
Aug 4, 2020 2:57 AM

Jun 2015
Just rewatch your favourites then.
Aug 4, 2020 3:14 AM
Sep 2018
Just rewatch your fav shows... they can't bore you
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Aug 4, 2020 3:41 AM

May 2015
Don't watch what you don't enjoy then, you don't have to force yourself, maybe it's time to try something else out like live action? or anything else, if you still intend to watch it then give it time, you're not ready, you'll know once it's time, I myself didn't watch that much anime for years and I thought I was losing interest and quitting because of growing up but here I am this year watching a lot of anime, so maybe it's just a matter of time, you also don't have to connect with characters or take them seriously in order to enjoy something, not sure why them being man-made should change anything, everything fictional IS man-made, it's a fact, it's odd to think of that.
Aug 4, 2020 3:57 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
If it bothers you that much, it never hurts to see a psychologist and talk about it to them. Psychology does miracles, my friend. Seek professional help and don't ask random trolls like us lol
Aug 4, 2020 5:22 AM

Sep 2017
_Ako_ said:
>newfag
>doesnt like anime
>very suspicious
>looks at pfp
>doesnt have entry

Imagine creating alts in MAL just to shitpost about not liking anime anymore...

Even bait threads have lost their quality
خ
Aug 4, 2020 6:09 AM

Feb 2012
I do recall I fell out of anime coming into my early 20s. I ended up rejuvenating it when ever I would smoke some pot and actually sat down and watched it. It really helped me get back into anime since you’re stoned and everything is either 10x more serious or funny. It was like discovering anime all over again
Aug 4, 2020 6:22 AM
Apr 2018
It's kinda like when you take a break from playing an instrument or from drawing. It might take some time to get used to it and rekindle your passion, but it'll happen eventually and you'll have a different perspective this time. Make a list of all the things that made you enjoy anime. And then, try to watch an anime that contains all the things in your list. It could even be an anime that you have watched already and enjoyed it. Hope it helps.
Aug 4, 2020 6:43 AM

May 2018
It's amazing how many replies this troll thread got lol
DariatAug 4, 2020 6:48 AM
Aug 4, 2020 8:13 AM

Jul 2017
Burn out can be a real struggle man, I feel you. There is nothing more frustrating than having something you used to love by boring or uninteresting to you without being able to find out why. That being said I think you need to stop looking at it as, "these aren't real people and are all human-made so it doesn't matter". I like to look at it as "these are people whose stories I can only watch here in their fictional world." When you think about it that way the stakes are actually higher in anime or animation in general than with live-action as everything is just as made up and scripted in those shows or movies, but the actors leave and have their own lives after they are done filming as well. Anime is fiction sure, but those characters only exist there, what you are watching is their life for better or for worse and I think there is something really awesome about that.
Aug 4, 2020 12:19 PM

Aug 2018
Perhaps something happened in your life in the past year that triggered this?

It may be worth exploring other entertainment options. Forcing yourself to watch anime destroys the point of a hobby, and is counter productive. May I suggest to follow your gut, and only watch anime when you FEEL like it.

If you'd like, let us know how it goes.

Aug 4, 2020 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
don't think anyone can help you to suddenly like anime again.

hokus pokus, now you like anime again. did it work???
ZeusicoAug 4, 2020 1:51 PM
Aug 4, 2020 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
It's quite possible that you lost your interest in anime. I'm not implying that your bored with it, but that maybe you've grown out of it and found something else that interests you. I've never had a problem with the characters being fictional. I've been a fan of anime ever since I was a kid. I'm 21 years old now and I still like watching it. Although I could use a little break from it at times. My suggestion would be to either take another break or look at other things that may interest you.
Aug 4, 2020 1:57 PM
Sep 2018
Try watching anime related content? Maybe seeing fan made whatever’s it’ll bring back a bit of that past passion. Maybe any old favourites you could rewatch?
Aug 4, 2020 2:08 PM

Feb 2017
its okay to grow out of things. try to pick up a different hobby. if you start missing anime you can always start watching it again.
Aug 4, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2020
Your head and your heart must be disagreeing with each other. Only you can figure out how to go about this tbh.
Aug 4, 2020 2:13 PM

Sep 2018
I can not really tell what stuff you watch generally. I would just recommend to try Great Teacher Onizuka or Golden Boy since they are excellent. Feel free to drop anime that do not interest you. Never complete anime out of obligation.
Aug 4, 2020 6:01 PM

Jul 2020
Oeufhbpi said:
I don’t understand why this is such an existential crisis for some people. Why are you so attached to anime? Move on with your life. Find a new fucking hobby.

hi, im not trying to tell you what to do or anything, but i think we should all be nice to each other and support each other. we are all anime fans here. a fellow anime fan is having a crisis, and i think we should be sensitive to their needs. we all need help sometimes and a shoulder to cry on
Aug 5, 2020 12:55 PM

Jun 2012
Neivus said:
After taking a year long break from Anime in general I have come back to unfortunately realize that I for some reason, can't seem to enjoy anime anymore...

This isn't a matter of being bored, or not finding any shows to watch, because trust me I have plenty.

Actually, this is exactly the problem. You can't assume that you will like something purely on the basis that it is anime. That would be like me, as a movie fan, picking out a random movie and expecting to like it. Chances are I'm not going to like it, because there are a ton of genres out there I have no interest in, and not everything in a genre I like is going to appeal to me.

You just have to keep discovering new shows until you find one you like. Or like other people have said, fill your time with more hobbies until you find the next good show.

If you're that much of a weeb that you refuse to engage in anything western, there's still a ton of asian media that is not anime.

Haunt-botAug 5, 2020 12:58 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 5, 2020 1:12 PM
Jul 2016
Rewatch Lord of the Rings, its better than any anime out there anyway.
Aug 5, 2020 5:05 PM
Aug 2013
but it says on your list you haven't watched any anime...so maybe that's a good place to start actually try watch anime then problem solved....also if you can't watch anime because it's fake then you won't be able to watch any movies or tv shows because they are all kind of fake to be honest and just characters.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do we need more cooking scenes in anime?

SgtBateMan - Jul 17

37 by Yuno »»
3 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 )

Cestlavie_ - 8 hours ago

92 by GamerDLM »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » If all pirated sites were to shut down, would you be willing to pay for anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

All_Knowing - Sep 7

164 by BenjaminJunior »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - Yesterday

42 by ColourWheel »»
7 minutes ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 9

79 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.