Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2020 7:32 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Summer 2020 introduce us with an OP MC.

[Currently streaming at Tokyo MX]

I like how they start it with a fight. Cliché but bearable. So, they want Arnos to be mysterious in 1st ep. It is already a prolouge? I can't really feel it, the world building too. The pacing was too fast but tolerable. Anyway, Arnos was badass (reminds me of Tatsuya). Blood, blood and blood is everywhere. I liked it.

The animation was good (pretty sure it'll go down). I personally like the character designs and the seiyuu especially Suzuki-san (Ban seiyuu and LiSA fiancé). The OP and ED was good. Decent episode. Let's see how this turns out.
RegulusXJul 4, 2020 11:30 PM
Jul 4, 2020 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
A lot of magic elements although the Arnos is somewhat of a badass. I hope they develop his personality more. Seems this show takes a rather serious
tone in its storytelling. Misha (the silver haired girl) seems kinda cute I guess but seems pretty dull for a character.

So it seems Arnos wants to change the world, a huge goal if you think about the efforts to so with the current conditions.

Idk, this seems like a pretty meh start, nothing unique about this show yet.
Jul 4, 2020 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
Quite a prominent start to the atypical fantasy show. It definitely has the feeling of "The Irregular in Magic High School", but vastly different in its own way.

The male MC character Arnos, he's definitely NOT fooling around as a potential candidate fielding for the Demon King, with his OP powers, more than enough to label him "The Misfit", even though he has ZERO magic. Even with the many enemies, he appears unfazed, which truly speaks to his strong charisma.

And of course, the sterotypical female character Misha following the MC as a "friend" of sorts (clearly a love interest of sorts, but we'll see).

Definitely has my interest, but have to see the content following afterward. An OK start.
KANLen09Jul 4, 2020 7:59 AM
Jul 4, 2020 7:56 AM

Nov 2010
I didn't think the show was a comedy.
Jul 4, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2018
I think looking down on someone is a bad thing, I like this first episode. Sadistic fight, I see blood everywhere. Maou's ability is equivalent to kami-sama, can revive people who are already dead?

Maybe, I like a start like this, no need to hard prologue, as long as the MC overpower is enough for me.

JuzuX said:
[Currently streaming at Tokyo MX]
Yeah, you can watch eps 2+ on Abema, without watermark+HD quality

kuroneko99 said:
I didn't think the show was a comedy.
Are you sure about that? Thos show is full of blood.

SyureriaJul 4, 2020 8:05 AM
Jul 4, 2020 8:05 AM
Aug 2018
in this anime there is ecchi or something like that where you can see the shorts, swimsuit, underwear, naked in the bathroom and in pajamas
Jul 4, 2020 8:15 AM

Apr 2020
Syureria said:
Yeah, you can watch eps 2+ on Abema, without watermark+HD quality

Sadly, it's not available in our country
Jul 4, 2020 8:54 AM

Apr 2020
So, in the first episode we were shown an interesting fight, and the MC looks really badass.
Jul 4, 2020 9:03 AM
Jun 2015
the fuck is this??? did silver link never know the word of prologue? after introducing about anos in 1 or 2 minutes now suddenly it go to 2000 thousands years later without explanation? now they ruin the sequence after they make us see "how to go to isekai" at their previous anime but not "how to reincarnate". at this point it is not worth to watch it, the reason is simple, what kind of studio that dare to cut and remake prologue? i have read author explanation in his new chapter and he have been recognize it that it is impossible to do perfect adaptation but of course i don't expect to be like this. haaah

let me said this once again as one of the reader of this series THIS ANIME IS REMAKE FROM WN / LN BE IT FROM SEQUENCE OF EVENTS OR CHARACTERS PERSONALITY NOT ADAPTATION

and what i mean as remake is not fixed quality or something like that but it is just silver want to create new anime with maou gakuin together with whatever is it have as basic idea then produce it using silver link style

1. skip prologue? okay, nobody have enough time to create good prologue but it doesn't mean you can remove it completely if it have "reincarnation" element in it especially when there is passion about why anos choose to reincarnate himself, there is a reason and history about it okay

2. despite they have been removed prologue now they spoil us with who will appear in this episode later. c'mon director-kun, even we have not seen anos and how he born in 2000 years later world but you show us other characters, you must be joking. the worse part is why silverlink make miisha look like tragic heroine at early minutes? too fast to do that duh

3. anos main appeal at first arc especially early part of it is his tyrant but silverlink only show it after zeps body violated by anos magic power that are released from his throbbing heart, after that they just show us how audience face turn into fear without show scene where zeps is "killed and resurrected many times in one minutes". can we said that this scene is show anos tyrant? no, it is just show how to make audience face turn into fear

4. why miisha follow anos so much? didn't she have her own role in first arc? damn, this is where i feel the studio give wrong attention to her. miisha start to act together with anos after taking an examination not while he taking it, know the difference. how can you turn silent girl turn into stalker right after mc talk to her for the first time, "it is not like she fall into love to him at first glance"

5. anos is more cool and rare to express enjoyment to his face especially after he feel despair with magic concept at 2000 years later. his first conversation to zeps is the evidence about it because suddenly his expression, speech and conduct turn into "hey mongrel, look my OP power and take mongrel role more serious or i will give punishment to you". trust me, this is not anos, it is just 3rd of gilgamesh

6. zeps zombification is worse too, it is like i see burned corpse suddenly wake up and walk like american zombie. from what i know about zombification in maou gakuin is it is not just turn target into zombie but the aura is more sinister and dark not like american zombie

7. after see episode 1 fully, it is hard to not called it remake even it is very surprising when i see other people can said that this is adaptation like "where is the part of adaptation?". no right sequence of events, remove and add new events as much as they want, not only that they make characters in it to different existence than what it have been explained in wn/ln. even manga can do better than it

if you are one of wn/ln/manga reader of it, let me tell you this "go drop this anime now, it is not worth your time or your money"
Jul 4, 2020 9:30 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Oh WOW, another anime where the main character is:

1.) reincarnated
2.) a demon lord
3.) overpowered
4.) gets girls to like him immediately

Now say it with me:

GA REY STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Absolutely amazing!
Jul 4, 2020 9:37 AM
Oct 2016
Badass premiere. Instantly like Anos as our main character. He has immense confidence and just nonchalant attitude but it doesn't come across pompous or high and mighty. He's simply setting fakes about how strong he is. Dude can back it up like hell too. First meeting with the younger douche brother set the tone of just how powerful Anos is. Barely a breath to extinguish flames so weak, mere words to restrain to a still, pretty cool not gonna lie. Misha seems a sweet heart too. Their scenes were very wholesome. Misha being very quiet didn't say a whole lot but I feel she could see Anos for whom he truly was. When they go see his parents cracked me up, growing so fast in only a month holy hell, Anos mom showed excited to have a daughter in law. Getting to the later part with the older douche brother confronting Anos that was awesome. He just totally breaks down his opponents just like before too with snapping younger brother to death over and over. Anos testing their bonds. He's actually a solid dude, people in this time thousands years later are just disillusioned to what makes a demon king. Anos will have to set them straight now he's back.
Jul 4, 2020 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
BTW for the people that may call this an isekai... its not. This is a fantasy anime.
That aside damn they skipped a lot of stuffs, then again they can do that later or near the finale! Great to see this animated!
Jul 4, 2020 9:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely great start, just a bit disappointed that they skipped the very beginning with the explanations about Anos and most of the aptitude test but I guess they're going to develop Anos' past later.
Anyway the animation is really good and it has some great colors, the fights were already so enjoyable and pleasant hahaha.
Can't wait to see Misha's backstory with Sasha, it's going to be awesome.
Jul 4, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
From this episode, I know I'll enjoy this a lot.

Arnos is a total badass and he reminds me of Tatsuya from Mahouka.

The way Arnos handled the younger brother was scary.

Jul 4, 2020 9:50 AM
Sep 2015
I don't want to question how much originality is this anime if it at least brings something new (like a Gay Demon King, which surprisingly didn't exist in any media yet). But look like this anime is full of mix and match of Demon King genre that comes before.
Jul 4, 2020 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
That was an insta drop for me, totally cliched and an overpowered character battle shonen.

I probably should have known it would be bad from the title but I still gave it a shot.
Jul 4, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
Resurrecting your opponent just to make him give up? Lol. Yeah, still a bit edgy, but at least presented in a funny way. So far I'm also enjoying the family life. Production value seems nice as well, the pacing on the other hand sucks, but I didn't expect anything else from a light novel adaptation as this one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2020 9:56 AM
Jan 2020
anime only and loved the first episode, its been too long since I watched anime with OP mc, enjoyed it a lot
Jul 4, 2020 10:00 AM

Oct 2017
Oh my god he beat that guy with his heartbeat what level of overpowered mc is this lmao. Thou this was lit af, I absolutely love overpowered mc so this is definitely my thing. I really like the girl too, she's adorable.
MegamiRemJul 4, 2020 10:22 AM
Jul 4, 2020 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
I like this a lot already. I love super OP MCs and cute girls. Reminds me of Mahouka Rettousei. Digging the humour and animation quality so far, hopefully it keeps up. Anos’ personality and charisma is also great. Reviving a dude just to get him to make up with his brother.. damn. Wasn’t expecting this to be so funny.

The mom is already best girl of the show

De_Baer said:
Oh WOW, another anime where the main character is:

1.) reincarnated
2.) a demon lord
3.) overpowered
4.) gets girls to like him immediately

Now say it with me:

GA REY STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Absolutely amazing!

So don’t watch it? Just stick to battle shonen.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJul 6, 2020 4:35 AM
Jul 4, 2020 10:03 AM

Feb 2016
We're about to hear some Shirou level dialogues from the OP Arnos
Just hoping this stays as it is and the quality doesn't deteriorate
Jul 4, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
This was rough to watch. Animation wasn't horrible, but the pacing and composition of scenes were. Plus, they did absolutely nothing to make it interesting whatsoever, from the battles to the setting to the characters too. But that's how it is for a lot of light novel adaptations similar to this.

Atleast the CIVILIAN song was solid. That's my praise for this. I liked their Altair anime opening song, so I won't mind listening to this whatsoever for the future.
Jul 4, 2020 10:10 AM

Jan 2016
That was more entertaiend than i expected. Gonna keep watching for now
Jul 4, 2020 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly good, maybe it's the production or the direction but it clicked with me. Story is pretty classic but the presentation and execution seems good. I was amused through the whole thing.

Anos is crazy OP but I kinda liked that he's here testing the people of the current generation, I was amused when he commented on the bonds of the current generation amounting to nothing, made me curious what the 'Mythical Age' was like. I'm curious how they will create any conflict for Anos gives his status and ability, he's just gonna take everyone out but I guess it would work if they made it in a more comedic tone.

Misha is a cutie and Anos's Mom is adorable, that's enough reason to watch right there.
Jul 4, 2020 10:19 AM

Nov 2010
The first episode fell a bit flat. I prefer how the start was portrayed in the manga series.

But let's see how it goes since I'm a sucker for dumb series with overpowered MCs.
Rinji-Jul 4, 2020 10:26 AM
Jul 4, 2020 10:24 AM

Dec 2015
While this seems to follow the same generic plot as most other OP MC/magic school type anime, the presentation is really well done here. I think the sound design and overall animation style lends a lot to its overall appeal despite the simple generic story. While not necessary I also found his ruthlessness and the story's willingness to show unrelenting violence refreshing. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope it maintains its style and doesn't fall into the typical slapstick harem where everything is a joke.
Jul 4, 2020 10:29 AM
Aug 2018
damn i watch enough anime to know how the plot will go based on the first episode another dropped i guess
Jul 4, 2020 10:34 AM
Jan 2018
Is this a satire? The first ep plus the title makes it seem like a satire of great overplayed tropes
Jul 4, 2020 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
Seems like this one is a comedy but they made it look way serious. Feels kinda off. Pace included.
Music is best of Harry Potter OST. Better then visual and directing no doubt.
MC is nowhere near Tatsuya level due to missing "cold and calculating" trait.

But nevertheless show could be fine depending on how they do next episodes.
Jul 4, 2020 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Harem battle magic high schools are back! This was one of my most anticipated shows this season (well, the last one, but you know) and I liked this first episode more than I expected, I loved it!

The MC is great, I really like his attitude and how OP he is. The first fight was brutal, beating someone with just your heartbeat? Damn! And that 3-second rule lol, I like how he makes jokes that no one laughs at but that 2,000 years ago would have been hilarious.

1 month old? Move over, Raphtalia and your 2-month growth spurt xD.

His parents are hilarious, especially his mother, she's freaking adorable.

Misha is hella cute. We've seen little of her but I like her already and she melts my heart. More headpats for our Demon Lord!

The animation is pretty good as expected from Silver Link. Looking forward to more!
Jul 4, 2020 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
The direction didn't even bother making a proper introduction. Pacing is too fast.

I can't believe it's the same studio who made Hamefura last season. Atrocious writing.

Jul 4, 2020 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
I liked it. Already better than the previous season animes. Finally not a simp MC.
Jul 4, 2020 11:16 AM

Jun 2017
It looks like a sad attempt of being like the irregular at magic high school
Jul 4, 2020 11:17 AM

Sep 2011
AdrianRubinsky said:
The direction didn't even bother making a proper introduction. Pacing is too fast.

I can't believe it's the same studio who made Hamefura last season. Atrocious writing.

What's there to introduce? Generic Magic/Superpower Academy Power Fantasy #486, you know the drill.
Jul 4, 2020 11:20 AM

May 2018
There are a lot of things missing at the start, it's a shame.
Jul 4, 2020 11:29 AM

Feb 2014
Welp, the part when he almost kills that guy with only his hearthbeats was unexpected and pretty cool, ngl.

And then he proceeds to actually killing him several times, that was fun.

The mom was funny.

Did that dude kill just his own brother? damn.

Not that bad first episode, I would say.
Jul 4, 2020 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, more garbage that people will like because it's harem ecchi trash. At least crap like Overlord and The Irregular at Magic High School were a little less blatantly overpowered.
Jul 4, 2020 11:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, the OPness of Anos is over the bloody roof! And what, he's 1 month old (reincarnation, albeit) - I'm just taken aback by the insanity of this xD.

Definitely gave off a similar vibe to Shiba Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukou Rettousei but I'm not sold just yet. Got to say, killing an opponent and then resurrecting him and then going on to turn him into a zombie while giving a lecture on familial bonds is pretty absurd in many ways but I don't mind that lol.

Misha, on the other hand, seemed a little bland this episode but I'm digging the interaction between her and Anos so far. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of that and development for her along the course of the show.

Anos's mother seems like a really fun company too so here's to hoping we'll get more of that as well. I'm getting a really nasty feeling that Anos's attraction to his family could lead to something dark but that's just my gut feeling with no evidence to share.

And thus, the "Misfit", huh?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 2020 11:46 AM
Jun 2020
Easy to say his a badass
Jul 4, 2020 11:48 AM
Dec 2018
Watched first EP.
First impressions are good. I like magic focus. People seem a bit odd and even though they know that he will reincarnate into that gen they don't trust that it is him even with all the signs.
Jul 4, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2019
Rizki_Diablo said:
the fuck is this??? did silver link never know the word of prologue? after introducing about anos in 1 or 2 minutes now suddenly it go to 2000 thousands years later without explanation? now they ruin the sequence after they make us see "how to go to isekai" at their previous anime but not "how to reincarnate". at this point it is not worth to watch it, the reason is simple, what kind of studio that dare to cut and remake prologue? i have read author explanation in his new chapter and he have been recognize it that it is impossible to do perfect adaptation but of course i don't expect to be like this. haaah

let me said this once again as one of the reader of this series THIS ANIME IS REMAKE FROM WN / LN BE IT FROM SEQUENCE OF EVENTS OR CHARACTERS PERSONALITY NOT ADAPTATION

and what i mean as remake is not fixed quality or something like that but it is just silver want to create new anime with maou gakuin together with whatever is it have as basic idea then produce it using silver link style

1. skip prologue? okay, nobody have enough time to create good prologue but it doesn't mean you can remove it completely if it have "reincarnation" element in it especially when there is passion about why anos choose to reincarnate himself, there is a reason and history about it okay

2. despite they have been removed prologue now they spoil us with who will appear in this episode later. c'mon director-kun, even we have not seen anos and how he born in 2000 years later world but you show us other characters, you must be joking. the worse part is why silverlink make miisha look like tragic heroine at early minutes? too fast to do that duh

3. anos main appeal at first arc especially early part of it is his tyrant but silverlink only show it after zeps body violated by anos magic power that are released from his throbbing heart, after that they just show us how audience face turn into fear without show scene where zeps is "killed and resurrected many times in one minutes". can we said that this scene is show anos tyrant? no, it is just show how to make audience face turn into fear

4. why miisha follow anos so much? didn't she have her own role in first arc? damn, this is where i feel the studio give wrong attention to her. miisha start to act together with anos after taking an examination not while he taking it, know the difference. how can you turn silent girl turn into stalker right after mc talk to her for the first time, "it is not like she fall into love to him at first glance"

5. anos is more cool and rare to express enjoyment to his face especially after he feel despair with magic concept at 2000 years later. his first conversation to zeps is the evidence about it because suddenly his expression, speech and conduct turn into "hey mongrel, look my OP power and take mongrel role more serious or i will give punishment to you". trust me, this is not anos, it is just 3rd of gilgamesh

6. zeps zombification is worse too, it is like i see burned corpse suddenly wake up and walk like american zombie. from what i know about zombification in maou gakuin is it is not just turn target into zombie but the aura is more sinister and dark not like american zombie

7. after see episode 1 fully, it is hard to not called it remake even it is very surprising when i see other people can said that this is adaptation like "where is the part of adaptation?". no right sequence of events, remove and add new events as much as they want, not only that they make characters in it to different existence than what it have been explained in wn/ln. even manga can do better than it

if you are one of wn/ln/manga reader of it, let me tell you this "go drop this anime now, it is not worth your time or your money"

I can agree with you. I read the manga in winter timeframe and was pumped to see an anime of it. After seeing it today, what the fuck happened at the damn studio. I don't know if they will bring the exposition into the second episode but they really fucked the series over already. The pacing of the entire episode was so fucking fast.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 4, 2020 11:57 AM

Jul 2017
This was actually kinda cool ngl, was digging the sadistic/almost narcissistic protagonist, something you don't really get to see a whole lot in fantasy/isekai-esq shows. Just hope it doesn't turn into a lame nakama-powah type series towards the end.

Pacing did feel a bit quick at times like some have said tbh. That and I think they should work a bit more on the OST lol, felt like it wasn't even there for the majority of it
Jul 4, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2019
That was a nice first episode

i did read a bit from the manga little long ago but i don't remember to much
so i am kinda blind
and this is LN adaptation not manga adaptation so it could have some different things here and there

anyway this was 5/5

EDIT: Misha is so fucking cute
AskaaJul 4, 2020 12:16 PM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 4, 2020 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
Like the magic elements, but the MC is a bit to overpowered for my liking. Still a good 1st episode so far. Looking forward to seeing where this goes over the next few episodes
Jul 4, 2020 12:18 PM

May 2015
It was ok, I liked more gentle moments like how the girl thinks he's kind. So far not really interesting in terms of magic, need to know more about it as well as his background, what his goal is, etc. I hope it won't be generic. I kinda like the idea of a Demon Lord.
Jul 4, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2019
I have two words to say about this premiere: Poor Zepes.

OP MC stories can be tricky, I wonder how it'll turn out.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jul 4, 2020 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't know this was being adapted, thought the title sounded familiar when I saw it available. Read it a while back, at least the manga.

As tropey and generic as these magic school fantasy shows are, I do quite enjoy them. Always mindless fun watching someone OP just plain massacre everyone from the very start. Keep your expectations low, turn off your brain and just enjoy OP character being OP with cute girls on the side.

Also expected a more timid voice for Misha.

Seems they also skipped the beginning, which is fine I guess, the mom basically summarized it in a couple seconds, that he was literally born a month ago but not that he literally just aged himself to his current state immediately.
Jul 4, 2020 12:51 PM

Dec 2019
Pretty generic, but still entertaining. Misha is cute!
Here we go again...
Jul 4, 2020 12:52 PM
Jul 2019
Not bad, it looks like what we have here was more like an anti-hero protagonist in Arnos......

man, that didn't took long for Arnos in making her his bitch.....
Jul 4, 2020 1:09 PM

May 2018
A lot better than I was expecting. I was thinking this would be a 1/10 material, turns out it's fairly decent and fun, so far so good

3 out of 5: It was OK.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 25, 2020

153 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Aug 11, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2020

210 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Aug 11, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

283 by DevilSamuraiwibu »»
Jul 23, 6:41 AM

» Should i watch this?

El-Psy__Congroo - May 4, 2022

37 by Linh170711 »»
Jul 23, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 15, 2020

136 by Elyshion »»
Jun 26, 5:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.