Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 13, 2020 7:21 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, this episode was mostly recap but I still ended up crying through most of it. And we finally got a face reveal for what Katarina used to look like.

So Sirius Dieke isn't his real name, oh man. So Sirius Dieke isn't a Serious Dick after all? heh

But he definitely had a really tragic backstory, which I already figured since dark magic requires a sacrifice. And his mother wanted him to avenge her... and he got pissed at Katarina for giving him the same compliment about his tea that his mom said. And there's a shadowy voice manipulating him... the pieces are there but I guess I'll have to wait next week for Katarina and co. to put it all together

And that irony that HE'S been trying to avoid his own doom flag too like Katarina
Jun 13, 2020 7:34 PM
Oct 2018
the end of the episode had a beautiful animation (so far, counting the 11 episodes, this series would have a median note (this scene near the end of episode 11 was cool (well choreographed)
Jun 13, 2020 8:43 PM

May 2019
Klixella said:
I still can't believe this actually happened

In 2019's it was being called "sexual abuse".

This episode was SO GOOD that even her first kiss and Geordo steping foward 1000 miles ahead of the others, was correctly keep in second place.

The avalanche of feels, great direction, amazing BGM... Bakarina the Anime is surely the underrated series of this season.
Jun 13, 2020 9:02 PM

Aug 2019
oh my god the fucking feels that i felt watching this episode was on levels i have never felt before. This anime just fucking hit the accelerate real quick.
imma say it, i aignt no bitch but i was fully expecting not to shed a single tear this entire anime (maybe a few out of sheer laughter) but man oh man was i wrong. That pre-isekai Katarine and acchan was fucking wholesome, and honestly real life Katarina can't be this cute omg.
I fucking cried buckets in the first half of this episode. It just the premise that in reality (main game) the characters are not suppose to care two-shits about Katarina, more or less despise her because she's suppose to be this rich bitch character who's only purpose is too be the antagonist. But because of Katarina's change of heart, from beating the characters down like shes suppose too, actually helps them up and from this little shred of warmth and happiness she managed to implant into all the characters lives instead of the dark, hatred shes suppose to, she's changed them all for the better good, and seeing the characters acknowledge the change she has done from the small amounts of kindness was fucking heart warming i'll tell you that.
Good lord i thought this was gonna be another comedy funny harem anime, but i'm so happy i was incredibly wrong once again. Them suddenly switching gears is probably one of the best things i could ask from this anime. (expect from an official Katarina x Maria ship)
Honestly giving me Cautious Hero vibes from the sudden twist of the last few episode. But i 100% enjoy the way SilverLink are executing it compared to WhiteFox.
Jun 13, 2020 9:07 PM

May 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
I'm a bit confused; if Sophia isn't a reincarnation of MC's girlfriend from the real world, how was this connection possible (second time in total)? I think many of us thought that the other girl also died (eventually), reincarnated together with Katarina but was simply unable to remember her past.

Are we now going to assume that the girl from the real world hasn't died/reincarnated, but still managed to communicate to Katarina through sleep/dream or something?

That's a "feels bad bro" for her friend and Katarina's loving family :(
But at least she knows that Katarina lives a happy life in another world...

Anyways, this anime was a hidden gem for me and hopefully it will gain recognition!

serusa94 said:
So Acchan is Sophia? Im kinda lost with this dimensional thing

Kareit said:
The beginning of the episode confused me so much, suddenly seeing Katarina's old life. Anyway, this episode was nice, very emotional seeing all worrying so much about Katarina and remembering the past.

I wonder if Sophia is now aware that Acchan reincarnated into her or is she more like an alter ego?

Don't expect that even the author was thinking in all the details, because he thought it as a comedy and comedies dont demand further explanations.

But exploring everything what is given, we can say:

- Acchan wished she could reincarnate to live along with bakachan again, so thats it.

- Sophia, even being the reincarnation of Acchan, does not recovered all the memories and personality, what just happened to Catarina due the impact in her head when she was a young.

- How Sophiacchan and Bakarina contacted each other in dream, won the dark magic, exchanged information/spoilers that Catarina didnt knew from previous life? How, how? The cosmic force of true friendship.

Btw, you may consider that ALL this world made over a stupid otome game was just created due that cosmic power to reunite Acchan and Bakachan in the scenario most cared by them.
Jun 13, 2020 10:07 PM

Dec 2013
We actually saw the old Katarina's face this time! I like how she went to school with a cucumber in her mouth. It's very Katarina.

This episode was a bombardment of feels. Especially with Katarina saying goodbye to her friend.

Next episode we'll finally get some backstory for the presidenta and it's already looking really dark.
Jun 13, 2020 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't get this emotional when I read it in the manga. However, that scene where Katarina/former Japanese self was saying goodbye to Acchan tugged at my heart strings way too much. Before I realized it, I was tearing up. TT___TT

Gaerled said:
That was some nonsense sentimental magic stuff.
Seems like there is nothing interesting in this series after all. Bakarina gimmick was funny few times, but well.

Why are you even watching it if it's nonsense? Aren't you just wasting your time?
臭い-
Jun 13, 2020 10:45 PM

Mar 2019
The flashback part was kinda meh for me, it was more like a filler / recapping part. But boi I'm still excited for the finale ! And yeah the kiss scene caught me off guard lol.
Jun 13, 2020 10:57 PM
Jan 2017
My Next Life as a Villainess reaches the endgame with yet another fine episode! I did find some of the character moments a bit too melodramatic and saccharine, but Katarina's self-realization was beautiful. She gets a chance to revisit her old life. Even if it's a dream, it felt real to Katarina and that makes it all the more painful for her reject it and return to her new life. This show has been amazing and I hope it delivers a satisfying conclusion.
Jun 13, 2020 11:20 PM

Oct 2017
I laughed so hard every time someone says the name of the red-haired guy.
Jun 13, 2020 11:36 PM
Feb 2019
Tbh, I think 12 episodes is not enough, it need more.
Jun 13, 2020 11:44 PM

Nov 2016
the best friends who ended up in the same world for their so great love (>‿‿<)
Jun 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, seeing Anne crying and the farewell between Acchan and Katarina got me good. Rather emotional moments indeed.

Very good episode overall. Not sure if Sirius used only an sleeping spell on Katarina tho. That "illusionary world" she was trapped in seemed more complex than a simple dream but anyways, in the end I'm glad she managed to break through it with the help of Sophia and some wholesome harem energy. Man, now I really want Sophia to completely regain Acchan's memories.

That said, I'm quite excited for the final episode. Sirius is having it rough right now and it seems we will finally get to know about his past. So... I guess his mother was the sacrifice needed for him in order to gain his dark magic, uh? Man, that would be quite fucked up if it's true.
Jun 14, 2020 1:27 AM

May 2015
That was such an unexpected emotional episode. Does anyone know the song that plays during her and her friend’s conversation? I found it very simple but beautiful. Amazing episode.
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
Jun 14, 2020 1:32 AM
Aug 2018
Grousberry said:
i actually come here just to talk shit about this kiss scene, it was not in the manga and it caught me off guard but man, what a bad moment to do something like this, it really leave a bad feeling

This was adapted from a side story at the end of LN Vol 2. It was explained that he was just concerned that Bakarina wasnt getting the water (since the previous scene showed the maid not having much success). He didnt have any sexual thoughts.
Jun 14, 2020 2:13 AM
Apr 2018
NormT said:
Grousberry said:
i actually come here just to talk shit about this kiss scene, it was not in the manga and it caught me off guard but man, what a bad moment to do something like this, it really leave a bad feeling

This was adapted from a side story at the end of LN Vol 2. It was explained that he was just concerned that Bakarina wasnt getting the water (since the previous scene showed the maid not having much success). He didnt have any sexual thoughts.

That KISS scene was the only memorable scene in this episode for me.
Well it wasn't a KISS, but GERALD feeding water to CATARINA.

LOL, but not many wrote about the KISS scene because of their "ships" :)
I am not personally shipping any individual.

As for the episode, it didn't made me emotional at all ; everyone reacting didn't felt at all and the backstory of SIRIUS. So overall it was OK.
Doutei-kunJun 14, 2020 2:30 AM
Jun 14, 2020 2:31 AM

Sep 2010
Loved the episode, especially the kiss

Sophia/Aachan is soooo precious
Jun 14, 2020 3:33 AM
May 2015
That was a very sweet episode, showing how everyone is concerned and worried for Catarina.

I wish the story had shown for scenes with pre-game Catarina and Sophia though. If I'd seen more scenes of them in their previous life (we only got a handful) I could understand better how both loved each other enough to stay together in a new life.
Jun 14, 2020 4:50 AM

Sep 2012
Bibimbapski said:
I didn't get this emotional when I read it in the manga. However, that scene where Katarina/former Japanese self was saying goodbye to Acchan tugged at my heart strings way too much. Before I realized it, I was tearing up. TT___TT

Gaerled said:
That was some nonsense sentimental magic stuff.
Seems like there is nothing interesting in this series after all. Bakarina gimmick was funny few times, but well.

Why are you even watching it if it's nonsense? Aren't you just wasting your time?

That's because I can't a priori (sufficiently) know whether I would consider a series to be good, and I need to watch it to know it. Since it is mildly entertaining and has just a few episodes left, might as well finish it. But it has no bearing on the fact that i can coherently say that it is bland and unimpressive. Implicit claim would be that people should only do what they seem to be efficient or reward them, but since no principle is as work that forces me to do so, I might just watch me some bland anime tropes stichted together. Why not.
GaerledJun 14, 2020 4:55 AM
Jun 14, 2020 5:24 AM

Apr 2012
The scenes with Acchan were really emotional but other than that the whole episode felt a bit dull, especially the long part where everyone had flashbacks about how Katarina changed their lives which could have been a nice part if they hadn't been talking about this literally all the time throughout the previous 10 episodes. I wasn't expecting the kiss tho but I'm not complaining.
Jun 14, 2020 5:53 AM

Feb 2019
A sad yet amazing episode.

Was confused on why we went back to Catarina's old life. At first, I thought they were just memories. But it seems she was in a sort of delusion.

That was really sad, especially the parts with Acchan. Catarina also misses her old family in her previous life. From the isekai I've watched, this is the first that goes this deep into the character's previous life.

With Sophia seemingly discovering for the first time the presence of Acchan in her (or maybe more accurately, her memories of her previous life as Acchan?), it seems Acchan herself goes through time, space, and dimensions to enter Catarina's mind.

That moment when Catarina remembered her past life and said she missed her family who were annoying but kind and Acchan her best friend since middle school was really sad that it made me tear up. Catarina wasn't able to thank and say goodbye to Acchan properly for being her friend and always being there, and that was probably the last time she would meet Acchan. Not her as Sophia, but Acchan herself.

But as Acchan said, that was no longer her world. She belongs to another world now.

It was sad too seeing everyone's reflections on what Catarina means to them. I was especially touched by Anne's and also surprised by Geordo's. It seems Geordo does truly love Catarina.

Even in such a sad and tense episode, there's still time for good ol' Catarina comedy.

"It came to me in a dream" and "My intuition" lol

Looks like next episode is the final confrontation. It seems Sirius is being manipulated, and has some trauma of his own. Will be waiting to see how Catarina can conquer his heart too, and add yet another member to Catarina's harem.
Jun 14, 2020 5:57 AM
Aug 2019
wow what an episode
Geordo telling us how he feels also that kiss( but not really a kiss ) it was kinda melancholic and sad.
We finally see her face, and she got to reunite with A-chan.
That classroom scene was gorgeous.
Seems like the president is being manipulated, also was his mother the sacrifice? that's dark.
Acchan also said the president's real name but we couldn't hear it.

Jun 14, 2020 6:57 AM
Apr 2020
This episode far from the usual. This episode is sad as f, but heartwarming as well. Katarina basically gave color to the dark and sad world of people around her, and gave meaning to their lives. A proof that you can never go wrong with kindness. Hoping that Katarina will conquer Sirius next week, the finale episode.

Jun 14, 2020 7:14 AM

Oct 2007
perhaps having read the novel and manga dampened these scenes a bit for me, but anyway, still a decent episode.
Jun 14, 2020 7:38 AM
Dec 2019
Safe to say i did shed a tear watching this episode, when she was saying good bye to Acchan. But I am happy that she woke back up in her world again. I am so looking forward to next episode.

Will she get her Doom flag, or will she get another love flag from Sirius?
Jun 14, 2020 7:40 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was lovely and amazing. The scene where Acchan and Katarina having their farewell was so emotional.

Sophia being hinted as Acchan (or having the emories of Acchan) were no surprise to me since that was already hinted on one of the previous episode.

Next week will be the finale and our Katarina will be conquering Sirius.
Jun 14, 2020 8:05 AM
Mar 2015
Aachan brought her back to her world since she died in her other life
Jun 14, 2020 8:42 AM

May 2015
Koito91 said:

Leo said:
I wonder what happened to her friend Acchan. Is she Sophia or just inside her?

Same, I'm actually curious about this... I guess Acchan is inside her...?

I guess as Catarina and Sophia get older together, one day, when real Acchan dies, Sophia will inherit all her memories and she will have a long beautiful talk with Catarina. I'm just fantasizing tho.
Jun 14, 2020 10:00 AM

Feb 2019
The sudden shift back to Katarina's real life was surprising but it was blended well with the story to feel natural and not jarring. The part were everyone reflected on their history with Katarina was sweet albeit a bit cringy... but hey, that's just me.

The farewell between Acchan and Katarina was touching though and the soundtrack did it's job perfectly to set the scene and bring even more emotion into it.

Can't wait to see how it wraps up next week.

DarkRob_pl said:
Koito91 said:

Same, I'm actually curious about this... I guess Acchan is inside her...?

I guess as Catarina and Sophia get older together, one day, when real Acchan dies, Sophia will inherit all her memories and she will have a long beautiful talk with Catarina. I'm just fantasizing tho.

The first time Sophia recalled memories from Acchan, I though Acchan died as well, and got reincarnated as Sophia. However, now it seems like she's inside Sophia but isn't her completely?..
I wish they explained this properly cause the story has been pretty consistent and this sorta breaks that.
HellFury101Jun 14, 2020 10:05 AM
Jun 14, 2020 10:35 AM

Jun 2017
"I have my family, my best friend, and my beloved otome game."

It's good to know that she has her priorities sorted out at least.

Jun 14, 2020 12:56 PM

Sep 2019
Pretty nice episode. I'm wonder how Acchan actually got reincarnated as Sophia. However, I'm sure this won't get solved. I'm still curious for the finale. This show isn't as bad as expected at first.

Jun 14, 2020 1:55 PM
Jun 2020
herrickluk said:
The first part felt like a finale. So it seems like Sirius might not actually be from the other world, but just a character who wants to avenge his mother.
It didn’t make sense to me how Acchan knew exactly where Maria was

Acchan knew because she completed the game.
Jun 14, 2020 3:23 PM
Apr 2020
I am so glad they had a whole episode for this moment! I was shedding tears on how beautifully they made it!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 14, 2020 4:44 PM

Apr 2016
Well, first sorry for my english.
I really like this anime and love how hard-working Katarina is, and liked this episode. For me all the good things in this episode were because of the studio.
In the other side we have many nonsense stuff. Many mentioned a few things. For me one of the most important questions is how did Katarina returned to the real world? she is dead, she can't return (only like a ghost but she interacted normally with his family and others). Was just a dream? that would make the most important scene of this anime an unreal event.

I think they will never explain anything cause they just don't have an answer.
Jun 14, 2020 6:45 PM
Nov 2019
I loved the scene when Katarina realizes she has to wake up, and her past world starts crumbling around her. The coloring was pretty and I personally like it when dramatic moments get paired with *dramatic* music. I feel like the flashbacks could have been sped up a little, but the kiss scene was so weird. In the manga, everyone gets their piece of pie from Katarina - no more, no less- and that's how the ecosystem of the one true harem stays balanced. Geordo ruined the balance man 😭 😭
Jun 14, 2020 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! Even though the first half was a little funny, watching them all finally realize that they all love her xD

Acchan's scene was definitely one of the best scenes of this anime! She took Katarina back and now she's in Sophia's body, so i wonder if it's like 2 personalities 1 body or her personality is dormant and Sophia's is the main one? And i hope that at this point Sophia realized that there is "someone" else inside her.
But the whole backstory was such a great scene!

Best girl for sure!

I do hope we can see her again in Sophia's body.

About the "bad" guy, as expected he was being manipulated/controlled by someone evil, and on top of that, i wonder why his real name is important.
Gonna end next week so i am expecting a great ending!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 14, 2020 7:37 PM

Oct 2016
Man, I loved this episode so much, the way they did that recap of how Catarina saved them made me emotional as fuck. And Catarina waking up after seeing Acchan was really beautiful. Looking forward to the ending for this season and Sirius Dieke's(pfft) backstory.
Jun 14, 2020 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
Damn I cried while watching this episode, Acchan and Katarina's last moment was really touching.
Jun 14, 2020 10:39 PM
Nov 2015
This is one of that episode.

"If only im not read the manga first"
Jun 15, 2020 1:44 AM
May 2018
rescuing Maria was cut after cut, really fast
and they left out Maria telling Catarina that he treated her well and isn't evil
Jun 15, 2020 3:17 AM

Nov 2013
Junoan said:

Acchan knew because she completed the game.

Right, I realized that afterwards. Though, I’m still super iffy on the communicating through dimensions and awakening her from her spell part
Jun 15, 2020 5:31 AM
Jan 2020
I wonder how Acchan reincarnated into Sophia? Did she died after Katarina's death (past life)?
Jun 15, 2020 6:34 AM
Jul 2019
im not find this in youtube or search do you know song in episode 11
Jun 15, 2020 10:09 AM
Mar 2015
I thought the episode was ok at the first half as it was just rewinding back, then Katarina talking to Acchan hit me like a train QAQ
Jun 15, 2020 3:56 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, I find Bakarina and Sophia in previous "Earth" life much cuter than their Fantasy Life.

Also... did someone just stole a kiss on the unconscious Bakarina? HAS SIMP GONE TOO FAR?

___ ___ ___

I like the characters thinking about their relationship with Bakarina.

Tho... apparently Sophia talked to her hidden previous life's (Acchan) soul... somehow...

(hmm... does this mean Sophia isn't really a reincarnate of Acchan, but Acchan is just occupying inside Sophia, meaning Sophia's body contains 2 souls, Sophia and Acchan, but Sophia's soul is the dominate one, so Acchan can't interact with Bakarina in the physical world) (meaning Acchan can only interact with Acchan in the mind/ soul world)

Sad part about this whole thing is... Bakarina apparently also doesn't remember about the whole incident and doesn't remember Acchan. (which is why she just refer Sophia as Sophia and not Acchan nor does Bakarina remembers why she knows where Maria is kept)

So in the end... both Bakarina and Sophia doesn't know Acchan is inside Sophia.
amlgJun 15, 2020 4:02 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 15, 2020 4:21 PM

Sep 2015
I feel really sad about Acchan and Catarina's previous life. This is probably one of the two isekai I seen so far that addresses the character's previous life. It's something I hate when other isekai ignores the fact the MC basically lost everything, their friends and family. Their homesickness should be immense.

The episode felt a bit drawn out at some parts but overall a great improvement over the middle ones. I felt like the story went nowhere after episode 3 or 4. Things didn't really pick up until the last episode. Which is unfortunate because it had a great start and I have some issues with the way things were executed on this episode, and even on the last one.
Jun 15, 2020 4:22 PM

Aug 2016
Klixella said:
I still can't believe this actually happened

Ugh. I absolutely detest this pairing. Literally any other ones feel better than this.
Jun 16, 2020 4:12 AM
Nov 2019
Katarina and aachan part was pretty sweet but gosh can the flashbacks be cringier?
Jun 16, 2020 8:28 AM
Jul 2019
https://youtu.be/vOop937DQBI Full song Catarina And Aanchan Meet Again
Jun 16, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
The one by one scene of each charac about them being accepted by katarina was not my cup of tea but i did not expect the scene of acchan to tug my heart and cry 😭 it's hurting me. I guess I'm weak when it comes to parting ways
MurukoHiiragiJun 16, 2020 10:38 AM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

195 by Ravenisbi »»
Jul 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

126 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

130 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

157 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2020

134 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 8:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.