Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2020 4:01 PM

May 2018
TheMikeyDunn said:
xSayumi said:
PLUS ULTRA!!
This episode was a GREAT finale (I love Hawks and Enji) and the foreshadowing with Deku at the end. I AM HYPED FOR SEASON 5 !!

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Thank you so much! I loved to read that... too much hate everywhere.

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Apr 4, 2020 4:02 PM

Jan 2016
Ok bones alright alright, i forgive you for the Mirio fiasco

you did endevor justice with this episode
Apr 4, 2020 4:15 PM

Dec 2013
I was really looking forward to Endeavor finally getting some positive character development. Great end to a below average season hahaha
Apr 4, 2020 4:18 PM

May 2018
best episode of the series, literally had my breath held the whole time...
Apr 4, 2020 4:39 PM

Aug 2016
About the episode:
Weird place to end it. Season 5 is going to start off strange as the Endeavor scene isn't even done yet. The post-credit scene was oddly placed given that.
About the season:
Disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it was still fantastic, but the Overhaul arc was one of the best in the manga and Bones dropped the ball on that (especially Mirio vs Overhaul, I'm blaming the movie). The Overhaul arc was (until recently, some good shit is coming) my favorite manga arc. At least they did the school festival arc and the first half of the Endeavor arc well (yes, they didn't finish the arc, that's why I'm confused by the decision to end it there).
MHA continues to be a fantastic show. It's a shame that its popularity has developed a counter-culture.

Apr 4, 2020 4:42 PM
Aug 2018
Deadass one of the best episodes this whole series. They did a fantastic job adapting the fight, and they ended it on the cliffhanger I wasnt sure they would reach. But I'm glad they did end it there.

Even though it seems most didn't like this season compared to the others, I absolutely loved it, so I dont really care. Here's to season 5!
Apr 4, 2020 4:52 PM

Nov 2013
THAT ENDING!
As per Avatar the Last Airbender style, Deku sees all the past One For All users, but most importantly he hears the voice of the first One for All holder, aka the 'quirkless' younger brother of All For One that was first mentioned in Ep 33.

In terms of the episode, what a way to end the season!
Out of nowhere they pull off an episode like this,
That character development was great for Endeavor, just when you think the battle is over, the Nomu gets back up again.

This has got me excited for S5!!! Can't wait to see more origin story.
Apr 4, 2020 4:54 PM

Oct 2010
Overall this season has been the "worst" but that's not saying too much. It was still really good. The finale, this episode, was ESPECIALLY good. Holy hell

Only negative is the damn Paka-Checker making most the scenes super dark. Can't wait for BD version !
Apr 4, 2020 4:56 PM

May 2015
HOLY SHIT!!! That last episode!! Such an epic and action packed scene. That had AFO vs OFA levels of epicness. Overall this season has been the weakest but that final episode was top tier.

And DAM THE MUSIC!! My Hero never ceases to amaze me with its tracks to make the scenes so much more epic. I was super routing for Endevour just like I did for All Might when he was versing All for One. Really shows that he's the new symbol of peace.

But dam this episode really messed with your emotions. It seemed like it was all going horribly wrong and seeing the reactions of Todoroki and the others as well but then it turning around. This is how you do fights. Ups and downs to keep us thinking and engaged. Thats one thing MHA does beautifully.

Ok this episode just managed to bump my season 4 score to a 8. This and Gentle Criminal's fight were the highlights. But Ive got to say thats probably the best ending to a season yet. The rest always had some lesser arc at the end but that was absolutely amazing. Really like Endevour now. I want to see him rekindle his bond with his family and become the new symbol of peace. (Until Deku eventually becomes it obviously)
DarknessRealityApr 4, 2020 4:59 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 4, 2020 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOC

GOD

I'M CRYIN '
✈️
Apr 4, 2020 6:24 PM

Jan 2020
Absolute 5/5 ep. Endeavor popping off! Finally get to see what's he's capable off also
Hawks skills is really formidable & reliable with him teaming up Endeavor is godly duo.

Made by k3ti
Apr 4, 2020 6:26 PM

Aug 2018
Holy Shit.This is probably the best episode of the season as well as the series.I was stuck to my screen the whole time.Were Bones sleeping the whole season??Season 4 was a disappointment but the last two episodes are seriously incredible.I hope season 5 delivers the same quality.Endevour redeemed himself.
Apr 4, 2020 6:50 PM

Apr 2009
Dope episode. Loved the Todoroki family stuff and of course the fight wa Bones city good!!! The ending was pretty interesting. Having said all that, this season was decent but I felt like I was forcing myself thru 25 to 30% of it to be honest. My interest seems to be waning with each season.
DreddApr 4, 2020 6:53 PM
Apr 4, 2020 6:51 PM
May 2018
this season was great. has its lows of course. but people saying it sucks should watch more anime. because thats far from the truth.

im not gonna act like the movie didnt affect the season. of course it did. but come on. umbreakable, overhaul vs deku, the performance in the festival, the fight against gentle, and now the endeavor fight. and that is just some of the action.

the emotional parts were really good too. deku's talk with all might, kirishima's backstory and his fight with rappa, eri smiling, nighteye's death, the remedial course with the slide, la brava's quirk, and now endeavor's plus ultra and shoto watching.
Apr 4, 2020 6:52 PM

Dec 2015
The two last episodes were great, specially the finale. It was awesome and epic.
But overall this was the worst season. I hope the series improve in next one.
Apr 4, 2020 6:59 PM
Mar 2019
Anyone know what song they're using between 17:30 to 19:00, that song gave me goosebumps.
Apr 4, 2020 7:18 PM

Aug 2018
Bones brought the heat once again! That animation would have definitely put everything before it to shame hadn't it been for the movie's big battle.

Despite all the unforgivable stuff he's done, you have to give props to Endeavor for going beyond plus ultra and taking the mantle of being his own number one hero! You can tell he truly wants to redeem himself and atone for his past sins. That's what counts!

One thing I love about MHA is how Horikoshi himself takes practice of going beyond the call of Plus Ultra. By this, meaning the story just keeps on getting better and better. From a much darker narrative in the Overhaul arc, to giving an arc focusing on all the students at UA and even two very intricate villains worthy of sympathy, to finally finishing it off with a look at the hero hierarchy in its current bind. I would truly argue this to be the best season yet. That cliffhanger left you with lots of chills too. People love to call MHA overrated, but I disagree. This story has proven itself, and will only continue in doing so. I'm always so happy to see how this series continues to make those bounds, and continue to bring the inner child in many casual and hardcore anime fans alike.

On a completely different side note, good to see Fuyuki again! From design alone, she's always been a favorite of mine. Shout out to her, and Hawks for being so badass! He ain't the number two hero for nothing either!
Apr 4, 2020 7:28 PM
Mar 2015
The season went out with a bang For all Endeavor had done bad he delivered in the clutch Plus Ultra
Apr 4, 2020 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, that sure was an epic finale. Absolutely outstanding animation to conclude this moderately decent season overall.

As many people said, this was probably the weakest season so far. It wasn't exactly bad but the arcs could have been executed in a better way. Though being honest, this mostly applies to the Overhaul arc and its notorious pacing issues since I don't really have anything negative to say about the Cultural Festival arc nor about both Gentle and La Brava.

7/10 - Looking forward to seeing more adventures of Avatar Deku in Season 5!
Apr 4, 2020 8:01 PM
Jul 2016
Random unnamed pink-haired character giving other civilians a pep-talk... is that Natsu? xD
Disappointing season, but those car cameos though.
Apr 4, 2020 8:09 PM

Feb 2019
Wow, that made me tear up a bit.
Apr 4, 2020 8:26 PM
Sep 2017
Best episode of the series by an extremely large margin. There are other Dekuless arcs in the future that are also really good but none have moments that top this.
Apr 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Sep 2017
Bones, you fucking did it. Thank you. I was worried you were going to screw Endeavor like you did Mirio, but then you came out with 25 minutes of raw SAKUGA. I'm in awe.

While this season was absolutely more inconsistent than previous showings of MHA, the highs it reached elevate the depths the lows would otherwise reduce this show to. I've heard interesting things about the direction the manga takes, and I'm very excited to see anime only's reactions to the Joint Training arc. Here's to Season Five! 8/10.

Apr 4, 2020 8:39 PM

Nov 2018
welp todoroki family sure have more drama than the protagonist
Apr 4, 2020 8:49 PM
Jul 2017
I fucking ate every word i said about the high end fight.
Well timed for the development of the pro heros and the cliffhanger that is the mysterious power deku manifested.

Solid season.
Apr 4, 2020 9:07 PM

Mar 2019
This Season was always like... 1 and 10 episodes....

Too Bad or too Good...this episode, was Very Good...

First Season, was Good.
Second Season, was Great.
Third Season, was Good with Epic Moments.
Fourth Season, was Ok.

I hope the Team for Fifth Season, learned from this Season, and use it to Improve the future ones...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 4, 2020 9:12 PM
Mar 2016
Slimcoder said:
kronos7 said:
Endevour's plus ultra moment was absolutely epic.

For me the worst thing about this season by far is the bitchy and ungreatful fandom who compains about absolutely anything.

Yeah I feel ya homes. There's certainly a pack of bitches and whiners plaguing us. Like ya got the rats here & then there's the rats making death threats and general harassing of Hori for the most insane reasons & it just becomes depressing.

A damn shame really.

Preach. I feel the same way. Yes, it technically isn't as strong as the last few seasons BUT! Gentle Criminal was interesting and as much as I don't like Overhaul (I didn't even realize it was hyped up), it gave up LeMillion and Eri so no complaints there. For the one who complains that Midorya keeps resetting after every arc-remember he's still struggling with his quirk after having no quirk his entire life and they're still in their first year as well so a lot has happened in a very short amount of time so I take the school festival arc as a breather before we jump back into the action.
Apr 4, 2020 9:23 PM
Mar 2018
When there was no ray of hope. He showed us the light!!!!!
Apr 4, 2020 9:29 PM
Feb 2019
Ok, this episode was legit, this is what I'm talking about. This episode was awesome and IMHO it's probably the 2nd best episode of the entire anime. The best one is All Might vs All for One no doubt but this one is a close second.

This episode had good amounts of hype, Sakuga, directing, choreography and even the soundtrack was on point. They seriously went out with a bang with this episode on this mediocre season. I just wished Mirio's fight received this amount of attention because that one was crap but this episode was spectacular.

The season was still mediocre but it had its good moments, this episode alone made me up the rating by 1 point, I was originally going to give this season a 6.

My final rating:

7/10
Apr 4, 2020 9:38 PM
Jan 2016
Just as I say, Endeavor is not a bad person...he's just too stiff, man, too straight like a pipe. He's too simple minded too, that's why people around him is tired of him but...he's always try and try and try...never gave up to become the best of the best, yeah that's why he's simple minded but now he's changed, he wants to learn, he wants to repair his broken relationship. Everybody is watching you Endeavor as a new number 1 hero, just like you said in the ranking section. Oh my God I almost cried...the story about Todoroki's family is really great man.
Apr 4, 2020 10:07 PM
Apr 2020
Gorochu said:
Which chapter should I start reading the manga?

chapter 190, this season ended on page 13 of that chapter so there's two pages after that that are pretty crucial
Apr 4, 2020 10:14 PM
Oct 2007
OSH OSH OSH!!! This episode is the very embody of the entire series. Blew me away and I've totally forgotten about how the other 24 episodes in this season aren't really up to par with the previous ones. Still a solid 8/10 for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2020 10:15 PM
Jun 2007
One of the worst season ever except the last ep fight off.
Apr 4, 2020 11:09 PM

Oct 2018
Finally! Some Fire 'Stache action! I kinda loathed him since he was introduced, but this brought some degree of redemption. Birdboi is such a pro, I'd have liked to see more of him before.
Apr 4, 2020 11:26 PM

May 2018
astra9727 said:
Gorochu said:
Which chapter should I start reading the manga?

chapter 190, this season ended on page 13 of that chapter so there's two pages after that that are pretty crucial

Alright. Thanks.
Apr 4, 2020 11:45 PM

Mar 2013
Is it a plane? Is it a bird? .... NO! IT'S Endeavor! Wh is it, that no one sees how much they butchered up fighting scene..... reminds me of Black Clover fights.... Fight was good, but animation....... welcome seventies! Oversimplified animation looks like shit (and I don't care how much time they WASTED on drawing THIS) I like HiroAka but man.....
Apr 4, 2020 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
This episode got me! I can say that was the worst season, but this episode was wonderful.

This fights reminds me why I love shounens, I did cheer for Endeavor even knowing he would win.

It was great.
Apr 5, 2020 12:13 AM

Feb 2017
Ferien said:
Haven't seen this ep yet but after scrolling through the reviews jeez all I'm gonna say is that the hate this season got has been totally exaggerated. Everyone is overreacting here and I bet it only has to do with the show's high popularity.

So much yes ... everyone is exaggerating ... like WTF it wasn't that bad
Apr 5, 2020 12:15 AM

Feb 2013
The fight was super intense and hot!
Apr 5, 2020 1:58 AM
Apr 2019
Definitely worst season...

6/10
Apr 5, 2020 2:27 AM
Aug 2019
This Season was disappointing so far but last 2 episodes were good as hell,it instantly changed 4 to score of 7, Endeavor carried the last Episodes and saved this Season
Apr 5, 2020 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode in terms of animation and pacing.

If they want me to sympathize with an abuser just because he can fight well or that "he's seen the error of his ways", I can't comply. The victims have a tendency to forgive their abusers because the relationship is one of dependency and other complications. That does not mean the abuser is worthy of redemption. Not unless they actually suffer for their misdeeds, which Endeavour doesn't seem to have done.

I didn't particularly like this season.
Apr 5, 2020 3:06 AM
Sep 2017
This episode gave me chills, damn.

People are saying they are dissapointed in this season, and I just don't get it. I still prefer the manga to the first half of the season for the most part, but that arc is still one of my favorites. The school festival arc really is necessary too, we NEED a breather before we start getting into the upcoming stuff, and I really loved what the Anime did to improve the source material during the Gentle fight. Plus that mini-arc to really kick off endeavor's character change was amazing. Sure, there were some animation errors, but there always are when a show is airing.

Eh, I love the series but I can't help but agree with the people that hate the fans. There are definitely plenty of entitled fans for it. (Flashback to the reveal of Hawks and some people saying that he was ruined in the anime despite looking borderline identical.)
Apr 5, 2020 3:07 AM

Feb 2013
The BnHA hate boners never disappoint.

Honest question. Why still read or watch it when all you can do is complain or hate?
Drop it.

Thanks in advance.
Apr 5, 2020 3:14 AM

Oct 2013
lmao they literally saved the season in the last episode, the absolute madmen at Bones
Apr 5, 2020 4:03 AM
Jan 2019
Great finale for a bad season!
Apr 5, 2020 4:48 AM

Aug 2018
Worst season ever created, second best episode of the serie.

Clever move from Bones calling Nakamura to try to make the audience forgot about the rest of the season with one god tier episode, too bad it doesn't work as much as expected.

Endeavor haters in complete COPE after this episode, he's one of the best character of MHA, fujos are mad and I'm in joy right now. Beat your wife then save a city, real hero move right there.

If they were smart they could have rushed the last boring arc and make more space for pro hero, then this season could have been saved perhaps but for now, it was utterly terrible with a slideshow Mirio fight, fillers and japanese kids singing in perfect english omfg that was stupid.
Apr 5, 2020 4:59 AM
Oct 2018
LMFAO mha haters stop watching this show !!!
Apr 5, 2020 5:41 AM

Sep 2014
Another good season from the show, probably the weakest in general, but despite the weird takes from some people here, since My Hero is generally a pretty good show, it's weakest is still only in like 6 or 7 range at the worst, and there was plenty of things strewn throughout that I enjoyed. Heck, I thought the festival filler was gonna be kinda basic, but I got some entertaining stuff out of it. I expected Gentle to be kinda nothing, but he turned out to be interesting as a small scale threat and we got Deku to debut a new ability.

This episode in particular was just another one of those visual treat episodes and was a pretty killer battle. The stuff with Endeavor is good and it's nice seeing some character growth from him and it'll be cool to see how it factors into Todoroki and his families story later on.

And on to Season 5.
Apr 5, 2020 6:02 AM
Jan 2020
i honestly thought this final episode was great. it sucks that there are so many sad, overexpecting, whiney bitches in this fandom. so many people complaining about how shitty the gentle arc and festival arc was. yes, it might not have been as good as the other arcs in this series, but it doesnt mean you have to hate on the whole season! i honestly thought that the festival arc was an unnecessary waste of a few episodes, but we have to admit how flawless the mirio vs overhaul arc was.

so overall, this season was a 7/10 for me.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

231 by Sir_Zech137 »»
Sep 19, 5:29 PM

» Rock Lock and the stereotypical black voice (dub)

todoxbami - Sep 22, 2021

14 by TamarahTalksTV »»
Sep 16, 1:04 PM

» In the name of science, why is there a lot of Bakugou x Uraraka shippers? ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Apr 6, 2019

68 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:25 PM

» Toogata, Mirio not getting One for All

Dragevard - Jun 1, 2021

17 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:19 PM

» This season....

_anime_fan_698 - Oct 29, 2021

15 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.