Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion

The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2019 3:28 PM

Nov 2017
Hylianticipated said:
Interesting episode. I wonder if he'll get killed with chain destruction and reborn as a God, that would be cool. But knowing how anime usually goes, it'll all work out in the end and nothing bad will happen.
Or you could say "but knowing how anime SOMETIMES goes,it'll really hit the fan,and all sorts of bad will happen" :)
Dec 25, 2019 3:34 PM

Nov 2017
Jisrat_Hasan said:
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering what happen to the baby, is it possible that the baby is Mash/Elulu? Also, I'm sad that Seiya is not a virgin, even though that happened in previous reincarnation.

Also, the B-level world is not what I expected. At first I think it's actually very hard, like SS level, but the demon lord has power to manipulate level information into B to put hero's guard down. But now it's really just B level but Seiya being too careless.

Do you mean that scene where that Valkyrie goddess had sex with him?

No,think they meant the fact that Tiana was carrying Seiya's child in the world that was lost due to Seiya's recklessness,which would make him "not a virgin".
Dec 25, 2019 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Yukikaze_sama said:
Oh shit. It was heavily foreshadowed that Aria, Seyia and proabably Rista has some past. But I didn't expect THAT. Huge tone change after everything we saw so far.
I don't mind tbh, it's pretty epic. Hopefully we will get some super happy end next week.

I mean, it was really obvious? Even Aria's reactions to Seyia starting from early episodes were enough. Then we also had info about mortals becoming gods that had no other clear context to tie it to. And finally Warmaster directly saying that Seyia fights like someone with experience.

Wow. Then I'm really dumb.

You aren't, some people were just predisposed to suspect this was more than just a comedy, which in this case actually it was. It was like 50%/50% chance the story could have go on a completely different way, for example the Demon Lord and the Generals could have been fake ones.
Dumb, might be this guy @xShinigami3125 , for calling the show shit at the end just because he didn't bother to pay attention.
Dec 25, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm .. I have mixed feelings tbh. This kind of serious melodrama would be compelling in a different series (or this series if there was any premise for it to be introduced naturally and bit earlier than literal second last episode), but the way they handled it actually shaved a score off this series on my list, which given how good it was so far, I had not expected it. I am a bit put off by the whole “tugging of heart strings” plot device and hope this does not continue in next episode to ruin a perfectly good series finale.
JagaraDec 25, 2019 4:10 PM
Dec 25, 2019 4:18 PM

Dec 2018
This anime was just dumb and "parody" comedy, but now it changed tone abruptly and without reason, it seems that the writer wanted to get attention, but as a comedy it would never happen, It is for that reason that he decided to put this plot twist at the last moment, but it just doesn't fit.
Dec 25, 2019 4:24 PM
Nov 2019
Full back story fill-in. So Rista is Seya's lover from a previous quest he screwed up reincarnated as a goddess.

Shits going to get real next episode, wonder if the other goddesses will rescue them...

Or will Seya use the valkery move that'll kill him hoping he'll get reincarnated as a God so he can ship with Rista.
penrhosDec 25, 2019 4:28 PM
Dec 25, 2019 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
wow this "Konosuba" have actual plot, logic and dramma

AOTY!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
Dec 25, 2019 4:38 PM

Apr 2015
These feels, wth!

I had a feeling Seiya had been summoned before, but as soon as that "video" of the past played and we saw Aria and the girl who had Rista's eyes and voice, I instantly had a feeling like "yep, this was a failed attempt to save the world". Some stuff makes a lot of sense now. Aria seemed very familiar of Seiya from the start but I didn't expect certain parts of that past to be so sad.. :( Poor Aria and Rista having to relive those memories :( No wonder Seiya doesn't want anything to happen to anyone again..
Dec 25, 2019 4:38 PM
Dec 2019
This episode felt all together a bit rushed but I love how the story transitioned from a comedy to a very emotional one and that we got the characters' back stories.
Gotta say, there was a lot of plot twists.
The part where the past demon lord killed Seiya's supposed girlfriend and past Ristarte and her child got me shook.

I just don't know if this is the best way to tell the viewers who have been following Seiya's adventure and everything that boom he's now dead.
Dec 25, 2019 4:44 PM

Aug 2018
That was a very unexpected serious episode which some strong revelations. This whole funny and entertaining story hid in fact a deeper & darker secret.
Dec 25, 2019 4:53 PM
Apr 2018
All the effort of watching 10 episodes was worth it.
I have a thing for GODDESS x HUMAN Romance.
Dec 25, 2019 5:40 PM

Feb 2015
Really? Some forced ass melodramatic sob story after 10 episodes of mediocre "parody" comedy? Yea, no thanks. The KonoSuba wanna be has pivoted because it has failed to achieve the quality of all the things it's imitating.
Dec 25, 2019 5:51 PM
Feb 2019
This episode was good but the spoiler from everywhere (by the people who speak as if they become the prophet just because they already read the source) completely ruin my enjoyment down to zero.

Can't wait for the last episode
Dec 25, 2019 6:10 PM

Nov 2010
Kind of lame rendering. As the 3D hexagram was blank, it took more than several minutes to notice what kind of image was displayed when he opened "the property". It was the sentence displayed on the pink background at the end of the episode: "the words engraved on your soul".
They should have zoomed in from the overall view of the 3D hexagram.
kuroneko99Dec 25, 2019 6:47 PM
Dec 25, 2019 6:10 PM

Feb 2018
This is so sad, but dont worry. Gonna be okay
Dec 25, 2019 6:17 PM

Nov 2016
Wow the episode alone raised the show up by a point for me. Really changes how you look at the story, not sure if I will even be able to find any of the previous jokes funny like I did before this. Regardless tho, I dont think I have ever witnessed something as dark as a father watching his wife and (still in the belly) son be eaten alive in any anime. Wow.
Dec 25, 2019 6:19 PM
May 2016
Wow awesome episode, was not expecting ANY of that. Can't wait for the finale.
Dec 25, 2019 6:25 PM
Sep 2015
Jisrat_Hasan said:
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering what happen to the baby, is it possible that the baby is Mash/Elulu? Also, I'm sad that Seiya is not a virgin, even though that happened in previous reincarnation.

Also, the B-level world is not what I expected. At first I think it's actually very hard, like SS level, but the demon lord has power to manipulate level information into B to put hero's guard down. But now it's really just B level but Seiya being too careless.

Do you mean that scene where that Valkyrie goddess had sex with him?

No, I want to be innocent enough to believe Valkyria and him really didn't have sex. I was referring to his baby in his previous reincarnation with Princess Tiana, though now Ristarte remember everything and in the future probably Seiya will know too.
Dec 25, 2019 6:28 PM
Aug 2019
Zaro_1 said:
This was funny and then I was surprised and sad.

This is my favourite new anime this season.

Sasuga Seiya
Dark story' + isekai very good combine

rating anime 9.1
Why under 9?
Dec 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Oct 2018
this is why I love anime because they always make you learn something... this episode was an emotional and educational one like always..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 25, 2019 7:01 PM

Oct 2018
when the demon lord killed the baby that was fucking heartbreaking......

Dec 25, 2019 7:03 PM

Oct 2018
Rista + Seiya = Eternal Love..

they had a baby together , but was killed by demon lord!!!!!!!!!!

why tf demon lord look like a frog?

Dec 25, 2019 7:14 PM
Jan 2019
finally, this is getting serious
Dec 25, 2019 7:39 PM

Oct 2019
Really an emotional episode. Btw when Seiya is summoned and say the command "Property", I thought it work the same as "Status" command. But man, the message behind it made Seiya knew that he failed to save another world before.

Its kinda weird looking back at Seiya past, especially hearing his voice .Its more cheerful and lively and not like Seiya that we all know XD
Dec 25, 2019 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! after all those comedy...it suddenly went straight-up to Drama!
so Ristarte, Aira & Seiya are already on a different timeline, fallen and reborn as a goddess, same with Seiya as fate would tell banished their memories but still ended-up as fate again would tell...
i wonder how would they patch this up on the last b0ss Demon Lord/King...
5/5.

Dec 25, 2019 9:23 PM

Aug 2016
The is better than Konosuba at least.
Dec 25, 2019 9:51 PM
Jun 2016
astro-kun said:
damn this episode was so sad. wasn't its usual humorous tone but i loved it. can't wait for the final episode

well thats what makes this anime of the year...you realize the show never had comedy.
Dec 25, 2019 9:55 PM

Feb 2018
Snaita said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

Wow. Then I'm really dumb.

You aren't, some people were just predisposed to suspect this was more than just a comedy, which in this case actually it was. It was like 50%/50% chance the story could have go on a completely different way, for example the Demon Lord and the Generals could have been fake ones.
Dumb, might be this guy @xShinigami3125 , for calling the show shit at the end just because he didn't bother to pay attention.

Or i just thought it was boring as fuck ? Children who can’t fathom that someone might simply dislike something they enjoyed are the worst.
Dec 25, 2019 10:00 PM
Mar 2019
Goodness. Between reading the comments in here, and the ones in Oresuki, I’m learning that it’s just impossible to please some people. Maybe I’m wrong for watching shows to enjoy them. Lol.

I get that being critical is in some people’s veins, I just don’t get continuing a show you dislike, and then nagging about it every week. Although, I admit, I’m on the opposite side of the spectrum, and easily entertained. May be the reason I don’t get it. Lol.

Anyway, I thought the episode was great, loved the tone shift. Excited for the finale on Saturday.
SCUBAST3V3NDec 25, 2019 10:06 PM
Dec 25, 2019 10:09 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
So it has plot ?
just wtf xD
Dec 25, 2019 10:09 PM

Apr 2018
Holy shit this suddenly got real lmao. The demon king is different from what I expected lmao. I'm sure the current Seiya can manage somehow.
Dec 25, 2019 10:18 PM
Feb 2017
Some people getting worked up over this shift in tone and how Konosuba is superior, and I'm just here wondering why would they hate it? Konosuba's comedy is much better than this Cautious Hero's comedy, and there really wasn't a way to beat out the chemistry and the whacky quartet of Kazuma and his cult. The slight shift in tone from a laughable gimmick of someone being OP to shifting the show into darker territory allows it to stand on its own without looking like another rip-off of Konosuba. While Konosuba is full-on for giggles, Cautious Hero is trying to balance the comedy with some darker elements, which imo it does well.

For me personally I didn't really start liking the show until I let go of the idea that it was a worse Konosuba. Once I did, I started seeing the show for what it brings to the table.

kuroneko99 said:
Kind of lame rendering. As the 3D hexagram was blank, it took more than several minutes to notice what kind of image was displayed when he opened "the property". It was the sentence displayed on the pink background at the end of the episode: "the words engraved on your soul".

Pretty sure it was purposefully placed at the end just to build up some anticipation of what the message Ristarte read was.
MegaStrideDec 25, 2019 10:23 PM
Dec 25, 2019 10:43 PM

Mar 2019
Oh boiiii, that 180 degree tone shift tho lol
Dec 25, 2019 10:58 PM

Jun 2019
Ahahaha lol to see those unsastified comment.

I know this will be so dramatic since Seiya shout "property" at first episode. I remember, he said this: "of course there is some information that only i know".

Honestly, I didn't plan to watch this, but after I watched some strange hints at first episode. It makes me more excited to continue to watch this show.

You said this gag show suddenly forcing to melodramatic show? I think wrong. You only didn't realize some hints dude. Contrary to Oresuki, this show have a solid concept since beginning.
Dec 25, 2019 11:48 PM

May 2019
"This time for sure"

man, I had chills that whole second half. I love the tonal shift; the juxtaposition somehow fits the show, that seems to waver from one end of the thematic spectrum to another between episodes. I love it.

This show just got pushed a lot higher in my rankings. 9/10 rn.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 26, 2019 12:20 AM

Mar 2014
God, I knew it was coming but that was still heartbreaking to watch. And Rista is actually his Goddess-reincarnated lover from the failed world? Ouch. I love that they've been teasing this for a while
Dec 26, 2019 12:45 AM

Sep 2014
So...Colt was never reincarnated? While Rista and Aria was managed to be saved?
Dec 26, 2019 12:49 AM
Aug 2017
Oof.

Got baited really hard when they went for the swimsuit shop I was already thinking 'oh boy here comes the classic fanservice hotspring' instead it was all feels.

Pretty great episode.
Dec 26, 2019 12:53 AM

Sep 2014
First half of the episode is pretty much the usual theme of the anime

The second half felt like the last episode of Angel Beats. Massive massive reveal on the characters' background.
Dec 26, 2019 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
woah i wasn't expecting this episode to be this emotional...
Dec 26, 2019 3:02 AM
Oct 2018
Wow, didn't expect that coming. I thought this is just full of "nonsense comedy" anime. But in this episode we got some drama and the story behind "why seiya so cautious". If seiya and tiana was really a lover, and tiana got pregnant in the past, sure this story is so sad.
Dec 26, 2019 3:38 AM

Sep 2011
Did not expect that his backstory was that dark.

Now that explains why he keeps exterminating his enemies' corpses after killing them.

Dec 26, 2019 3:39 AM

Mar 2017
THEY WERE LOVERS BEFORE?!?!! I'm having mixed emotions...
I'm happy that my ship is canon but their back story though <///3

Bingki-san said:
Wow, didn't expect that coming. I thought this is just full of "nonsense comedy" .

Exactly my reaction also!!!!! I thought that this anime was purely just for laughs ;-;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Dec 26, 2019 4:11 AM

Jun 2016
holyyy .. that back story from ristarte so emotional to watch
especially when the king demon killed that pregnant girl

Dec 26, 2019 4:34 AM

Jul 2017
All that speculation about Ristarte being reincarnated from another life, along with Seiya's treatment, revealed in this episode.

Meanwhile, Mash, Elulu and Ristarte all took time off, and immediately turns gaga over outfits, especially lingerie...which Rista goes crazy over it for specific reasons not revealed to the kids.

But as soon as Seiya presence isn't felt, the trio gets worried, and Ishtar reveals all. To albeit the souls (which were foreshadowed but speculated), Seiya went ahead of them to defeat the last of the Demon Lords, all the reasoning of his cautious effort but with good intent to keep the trio away from trouble, and so the goddesses' skills to compensate for his mistakes from the life before.

Based on past experience, Seiya's "cautious before he was TRULY cautious" actions caught up with his misfires, and previous party members Colt, Princess Tiana, Aria (whom survived) paid the ultimate price in their relentless adventures depending on each other...forcing Ristarte's goddess reborn (or restart) via Aria.

Seiya was, and is then on the brink of not wanting to lose more people, and after learning, Mash, Elulu and Ristarte took one final gamble, to which the summoned hero doesn't want to, but he hasn't had any choice. The final showdown is near...and Seiya gonna need all the help he can get now to defeat the final Demon Lord.

What a tear-jerking episode...here's hoping that this journey will see its proper end.
Dec 26, 2019 4:46 AM

Oct 2017
OH MY GOSH!! was... what I wanted to say for the second half but the execution of that part was really terrible.
Dec 26, 2019 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
Caught a lot of Feels

Also this explains why Ristarte is so horny when it comes to Seiya. lol
Dec 26, 2019 5:40 AM

Sep 2007
For someone who read Violinist of Hameln ( a old manga who hav near like 30 years now...), i knew something was strange ...
A lot of "hardcore comedy" have a real path of drama.
Look at Plunderer, look at Sora no Otoshimono, look at Violinist of Hameln.
A lot of manga/anime do that ...
But that don't change a thing : they are my favorite type.
Dec 26, 2019 8:38 AM

Dec 2016
Hylianticipated said:
Interesting episode. I wonder if he'll get killed with chain destruction and reborn as a God, that would be cool. But knowing how anime usually goes, it'll all work out in the end and nothing bad will happen.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.183/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.101/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.11/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.61/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 26, 2019 8:48 AM

Dec 2016
kuroneko99 said:

could you show screen of it?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.183/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.101/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.11/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.61/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

275 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 11, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

107 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 10, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.