Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 9, 2019 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
INOSUKE BBY HKDJFKKJDSDKJ I LOVE HIM SO MUCH imm so glad to see him animated??? didn't think zenitsu's whining can be this annoying lmfao, it's better to read it peacefully
Aug 12, 2019 7:52 PM

Apr 2018
The Demon Corps organization sending an injured member to go slay another demon while he's in that condition seems really irresponsible.

Tanjirou should wait before he is fully healed before running off to kill more demons. Like common sense, if you're injured wait until you heal. After all you can't help anyone if you're dead. Seems ridiculous.

Also new characters are interesting to see. Can wait to see what's the deal with them. Although Zenitsu is kinda annoying. I get that he's that way for comedy sake, but I think they could have toned it down just a bit.
Aug 15, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2015
LMAO I think I'm the minority but I fucking love Pikachu, he's so precious

And boar dude showed up too! I wonder if he's gonna have have a keen sense of...sight? Since Tanjirou has a good nose and Pikachu has good ears I think
Aug 17, 2019 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
Blonde kid is hilarious.
Aug 25, 2019 2:02 AM

Mar 2014
Holy hell, even Tanjiro is disgusted with this guy LOL

This is so wholesome ahhhhh such a cutie!

My brain trembles just watching this guy. He's like one step down from Betelgeuse from re:Zero, damn.
Aug 26, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
Man, I love designs of the enemy demons in this anime... ;-)

Zenitsu is a funny guy, his bird (lil' sparrow) was on the other hand very cute. ;p

I'm wondering who was that guy with boar mask on his face. He seemed to be rather powerful, at least he looked like that.
Sep 16, 2019 6:00 PM
Oct 2016
Zenistu is absolute trash so far, don't know how anyone can find him tolerable in this episode, I imagine this was less annoying in manga form without the screaming voice actor and repeating comedy music.

The demon's gimmick was awesome and can't wait to see the boar in action, those two things saved the episode.
Sep 19, 2019 10:52 AM

Feb 2014
DekuHero said:
Zenistu is absolute trash so far, don't know how anyone can find him tolerable in this episode, I imagine this was less annoying in manga form without the screaming voice actor and repeating comedy music.

The demon's gimmick was awesome and can't wait to see the boar in action, those two things saved the episode.

Absolutely agree.
Sep 20, 2019 10:40 PM

Aug 2016
I mean the initial scene about the marriage was kinda funny. Everything else just felt like they put it on way too thick and it just detracts from the show. Everytime he was on screen after that I was just shaking my head and wondering to myself if they are really going to ruin a pretty good series with this shtick.
Sep 20, 2019 11:23 PM
Nov 2016
JFuji said:
I mean the initial scene about the marriage was kinda funny. Everything else just felt like they put it on way too thick and it just detracts from the show. Everytime he was on screen after that I was just shaking my head and wondering to myself if they are really going to ruin a pretty good series with this shtick.

Luckily this anime is not ruined (yet...) with that annoying fucking trash character because this anime has plenty of other good things to look up for. Zenitsu is definitely degrading the anime for people like us and that shitty forced comedy appears in all the upcoming episode now because Zenitsu is a main character unfortunately but the anime is still pretty enjoyable so far.

For people like us, the anime is at it's best when Zenitsu doesn't appear on screen but once he appears it gets pretty shitty.
Sep 21, 2019 5:15 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
This show is incredibly good in many ways, and yet it other ways it's so dumb. The two kids that Tanjirou meet outside the drum house are there to look for their beloved stolen brother, terrified and longing for him. The brother comes out of the house, Tanjirou runs up to him, and is immediately so emotionally invested - two whole minutes after meeting the kids for the first time - that he embraces the obviously dying brother like he was his own kin. The two siblings are standing right next to them and yet, Tanjirou is the one sitting with the brother. Why aren't the siblings the ones who get to hug their dying brother, the person they came looking for? Why is Tanjirou the last person the brother gets to see before he slips away, why is he the last person he will ever speak to in his life? The kids are RIGHT THERE. One argument could be that Tanjirou was shielding them from the shock, but that doesn't hold up imo, they are already shocked, and not getting to say goodbye would only leave them with worse emotional scars, right? Oh, but wait, it's not their brother after all. Oh well, no harm done. We will bury you later, dude. Clap hands, k bye.

Then overly caring nice guy Tanjirou leaves the box containing his sister with the kids to offer them protection. It's just that it's daytime, and the sun is out. If they open the box, Nezuko will die in a second. "It's more precious to me than my own life!". And yet, you leave it with two completely shocked, unaccountable kids who you don't know at all. Sure!

Don't kill me, manga readers. I like the show overall, otherwise I wouldn't have kept on watching it, it's just things like this that bother me because it defies logic and common sense and it pulls you out of the fantasy world.

Zenitsu is overkill and not at all funny, but I look forward to see other sides of his character, hoping he will become more likeable. The demon's powers are very interesting, I love the concept of a creepy, magical trap house where the environment is controlled in different ways by different drums. It makes you curious. The animation is great as always. Boar guy could be cool.
Sep 26, 2019 4:01 AM

Jul 2016
Jonesy974 said:
Holy fuck, Zenitsu is absolute cancer. Worst character introduction ever. Wasn't even comedic, just cringey and annoying.
He actually makes Asta in Black Clovers first episode seem less annoying.

I don't think it is meant to be comedy. I think he is meant to be annoying.

Never read the manga but kind of expecting him to have a split personality like cavendish in one piece.

Annoying and weak one side and brutal and strong on the other.
Sep 26, 2019 8:28 PM
Feb 2017
Wow, I heard Zenitsu was bad but I didn't think it was that bad. Constant whining and complaining and it is never ending. Also I'm pretty sure he contradicted himself by wishing he could die at the Demon Exams but then afterward not want to die from a demon's hands (like what is the difference). Either way, worst character by a long shot and I honestly don't really care for any character growth for this character as he is already rock-bottom when it comes to character personalities so the only way to go is up. But yeah he's not funny unless you find cancer funny.

The only funny scene with him was when Tanjiro was looking at him with utter disgust, as that was legit the face I was making when he was introduced lmao.
MegaStrideSep 26, 2019 8:33 PM
Sep 29, 2019 12:48 AM

Aug 2012
I am honestly not seeing the hype. Do I have to wait more for this to get more interesting?

And that yellow, new guy. He yells a lot and is such a wuss. He's annoying.
Sep 29, 2019 12:54 AM

Oct 2018
Liamon said:
I am honestly not seeing the hype. Do I have to wait more for this to get more interesting?

And that yellow, new guy. He yells a lot and is such a wuss. He's annoying.

A few more episodes and the best part of the season begins, from episode 15

But if you're not enjoying it at all, then don't force yourself to watching it
Sep 30, 2019 7:53 AM

Mar 2015
Zenitsu is hilaaaaaarious
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 30, 2019 7:56 AM

Oct 2018
chobentys said:

Good to see someone who doesn't hate him in this thread
Oct 4, 2019 11:42 AM

Dec 2016
God! Zenitsu's all about drama! Didn't find him enjoyable with all that yelling and it killed the mood, so I didn't like this episode that much :/ He should chill! Also, Tanjiro's disgusting face is priceless! XD

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 7, 2019 5:15 PM
Mar 2014
Liked the show until the blonde idiot showed up, might be the worst character in any anime i've ever watched..
Apparently some people find this funny? Very hard to believe xD

Dunno if he wil be a main character for this show but if he is episode 12 will prob be my last.
Oct 10, 2019 3:28 PM

Jun 2016
This is guy more scared than Usopp.
Oct 16, 2019 10:42 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Good god, that bitch Zenitsu needs to shut the fuck up. Not even Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn was this pathetic.
Oct 16, 2019 11:18 PM
Nov 2016
MeisterDM said:
Good god, that bitch Zenitsu needs to shut the fuck up. Not even Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn was this pathetic.

Something tells me you're going to have a lot of fun with that character because characters that screams all the time are the most enjoyable to watch, am I right? I mean, who doesn't enjoy screaming characters?

The director probably had good intentions making him scream all the time, he probably thought the audience were deaf or something, he has a good heart, we don't deserve his kindness, the downside for that though is that some audiences will lose a couple of neurons while watching a character screaming and acting like a retard every time he appears on screen.

Don't worry though, in the last 2 episodes he won't be that annoying, just hang in there pal.
Oct 24, 2019 8:30 PM

Sep 2018
This is the lowest rated episode. Can't say I'm surprised because people didn't like zenitsu from day 1.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 17, 2019 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
-Aincrad- said:
chobentys said:

Good to see someone who doesn't hate him in this thread

cant be helped some find the screeming annoyin and some funny, i find it funny

Dec 8, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2010
Been enjoying the series so far but Zenitsu's appearance is just frustrating. Im never one to post on discussions BUT I JUST HAD TO. He's so annoying I can't stand another episode of his yelling and cowardice. HOW DO Y'ALL MANAGE. I wish he'd just die alr ugh
Dec 27, 2019 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
I watched Africa Salaryman just before watching Demon Slayer and OMG I heard it straight away Zenitsu has the same VA as Toucan from Africa Salaryman and he's doing almost the exact same voice for both roles lmao.

I keep picturing Toucan whenever I hear Zenitsu now.

I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 29, 2019 3:12 AM

Jun 2017
Zenitsu is garbage I love him already xD I found this episode funny, Tanjirou's disgusting face is hilarious.
Dec 31, 2019 4:05 AM

Dec 2015
I honestly cannot stand Zenitsu. He might be one of the most obnoxious and annoying characters in all of anime.
How is screaming every line and making stupid faces supposed to be funny?
Jan 4, 2020 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that went from more calm characters to a total freak lol. In every single moment he's totally overreacting. No wonder that girl at the beginning was so scared of him. I loved Tanjirous face expressions. He was so disgusted, especially by the fact that Zenitsu also being a demon slayer.

I wonder how he made it this far. I guess it's true what the sparrow said about him, being lazy and only going after girls is true.

The scene when that guy came out of the window overflowed with blood was brutal. These poor kids it must be trauma to see that. I don't think their brother survived. Even the little kid was disgusted by Zenitsu :D

So the other main character with the boar head also got introduced even if it was just for a short moment. He also doesn't seem to be normal. I guess it will be interesting to see the whole interaction of Tanjirou, him, Zenitsu and Nezuko.

Jan 19, 2020 2:27 PM
Sep 2009
Why on earth a show that is trying to be remotely dark and serious introduces a completely out of place "comedy" character who is not even funny.

I don't care how secretly amazing Zenitsu is cause 95% of the time he is an annoying eyesore and unless he stops whining in next couple episode he will make me hate the show. So unnecessary.
Apr 25, 2020 6:29 PM
Sep 2017
My first impression of Zenitsu isn't the best. He yells a lot and is quite pitiful, but let's hope he has some positive character development.
May 25, 2020 2:13 AM

May 2020
Well I thought that house will be Tanjirou base. This team should be nice. Zenitsu has listening ability and Tanjirou is on smelling ability. Nice comparison
Jun 13, 2020 7:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Goddamned Zenitsu really fuckin annoying af. He even don't bother ranting like that, holy shit that guy, really fuckin hilarious. Oh, that boar masked guy had an appearance too. Quite a hectic episode, and more amusing, the comedic part much out of place, but still okay to me. Lets see how brutal the battle between those shit in the next episode
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 11, 2020 3:34 AM

Mar 2020
blonde boy annoying af
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 16, 2020 12:31 PM
Jun 2020
Another great episode. Zenitsu is a new more relatable character and his design is pretty original and eye catching. A pretty cool enemy too along with the crazy boar guy
Jul 18, 2020 3:08 PM

Nov 2016
I've been watching Demon Slayer with my mum and ngl I cringed internally when Zenitsu showed up. My mum told him to shut up too xD
Jul 18, 2020 3:09 PM

Jan 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
I've been watching Demon Slayer with my mum and ngl I cringed internally when Zenitsu showed up. My mum told him to shut up too xD

Yeah, he's that nagging kid that never seems to go away.
Aug 9, 2020 2:48 AM

Dec 2010
A pretty annoying episode all around. Why do writers think that overly pathetic equals funny?
Aug 30, 2020 4:25 AM

May 2016
Zenitsu's a lot more obnoxious than I expected but it's something I can get used to eventually, I hope. With that boar guy entering the mix, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the humans were a lot wilder than the demons in this episode.

Sep 10, 2020 5:34 PM
Feb 2020
i skipped like half this episode because Zenitsu is so annoying yelling and crying the whole fkn time. How did he even make it through the 7 days without being eaten.... Pussy

Sep 10, 2020 5:39 PM
Feb 2020

My brain trembles just watching this guy. He's like one step down from Betelgeuse from re:Zero, damn.
[/quote]

I would much rather watch Betelgeuse tbh Zenitsu is muchhh worse
Sep 11, 2020 4:26 PM
Sep 2015
...And this is when this anime goes downhill (not that it was perfect until now but at least it was watchable)

Let's forget Zenitsu being annoying for a second and focus on what else happened in this episode.

So Tanjirou's leg is broken but he can walk just fine. Also a character fatally falls from above and the writers are like "you know what? let's include some comedy here".

Worst episode till now.
I wanna keep watching until ep 19 (since it's the highest rated episode) but I don't know if I'll have patience to watch more screaming and dumb comedy.
Sep 12, 2020 9:00 AM
Feb 2019
JOELbedulla said:
Let's forget Zenitsu being annoying for a second and focus on what else happened in this episode.

So Tanjirou's leg is broken but he can walk just fine. Also a character fatally falls from above and the writers are like "you know what? let's include some comedy here".

Worst episode till now.
I wanna keep watching until ep 19 (since it's the highest rated episode) but I don't know if I'll have patience to watch more screaming and dumb comedy.

Yeah the anime did indeed went downhill for me too once that bitchy Zenitsu came into the picture and his totally unnecessary screaming and forced comedy are just ear rapes and pure cringe for me, definitely one of the worst characters I have watched in an anime and you will have to endure that idiot for the rest of the episodes now, he only got better in the last 2 episodes for me and that's only because he wasn't screaming that much and was acting less like an idiot.

Yeah, Tanjirou walking just fine with a broken leg or broken bones or whatever is indeed weird, this one is an issue but fortunately I let this one pass by inventing excuses and convincing myself that maybe he fixed the pain with some off-screen breathing technique or something, still, it is an issue.

The anime is still decent, it just went downhill with Zenitsu for plenty of people and plenty of others stopped watching it because of him but it's still a decent anime IMHO.

BTW, episode 19 is indeed a nice episode but I believe it's overrated out of proportions, IMHO it's definitely the best episode from this anime but don't let the rating fool you, if there's one thing that I've learned from MAL is that you can't trust the ratings here, it's all subjective after all.
Sep 16, 2020 1:03 AM

Apr 2012
Zenitsu is so annoying lol
Sep 17, 2020 6:23 AM

Jun 2020
zenitsu was funny and the voice work was great......when he's not screaming....it's the screaming for me, it's way too much!

really appreciated this scene, simple bonding scene & once again shows how kind tanjirou is c: they are just kids after all

so kirito appears with his double-wielding sword skill even here lolololll wew i've been waiting for this character to appear!

i agree with many that the humour was really off at times. i wish they had cut back on it. loved it when that little boy roasted zenitsu - i think he seemed pretty suitable to be a demon slayer too xD

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 19, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2010
That blonde boy is funny but he got very fucking annoying fast.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 7, 2020 1:29 AM

Jul 2010
I've heard people calling Zenitsu annoying, but I didn't expect it to be that bad. For the first time watching this show I had to skip some parts of it. I hope this style of "comedy" won't be that prevalent.
Oct 8, 2020 6:47 AM

Jul 2020
OMG Zenitsu is pathetic moron. He is so fucking annoying. I hate him. I don't know how people can like this guy, he is stupid AF. He is the most useless guy I have ever saw in my life. He is the real proof that Aqua (From KonoSuba) isn't useless. The only good thing about him is that he's hilarious. However, great episode 5/5!!!
Nov 17, 2020 5:39 AM
Jul 2020
Ngl most people probably find him annoying, but I love Zenitsu so far haha. Great episode as usual!
Jan 1, 2021 12:25 PM

Jul 2015
Zenitsu you annoying, useless and pathethic bastard, things are going to be a lot more hectic and fun with him joining the siblings. Looking forward to see who the random, wild boar-headed guy is at the end.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Netflix Reveals Its Most-Watched Anime TV Shows of 2024 in Official Ranking

Hickykissy - Sep 20

16 by matraph00 »»
Sep 22, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

280 by humungadunga64 »»
Sep 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

275 by chris1763 »»
Sep 6, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

221 by AZN_07 »»
Sep 1, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

286 by chris1763 »»
Aug 26, 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.