Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 120 121 [122] 123 124 »
Dec 29, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
KMH said:
I didn't understand the people who asked for help here instead of just reading the explanations to the items.

I believe that the issue was that there were a lot of people who casually used the website form to generate their list, and just didn't notice that there were detailed explanations at the beginning of the sign-in thread.

I'm not sure how to prevent that, aside from either putting the explanations on the generated list (a bit ugly, and a pain in the ass to update), or somehow managing to make those explanations more visible. (More links to them everywhere ? No spoiler markup ? Size/bold emphasis to make sure people don't miss it ?)
Dec 29, 2018 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Jhiday said:
KMH said:
I didn't understand the people who asked for help here instead of just reading the explanations to the items.

I believe that the issue was that there were a lot of people who casually used the website form to generate their list, and just didn't notice that there were detailed explanations at the beginning of the sign-in thread.

I'm not sure how to prevent that, aside from either putting the explanations on the generated list (a bit ugly, and a pain in the ass to update), or somehow managing to make those explanations more visible. (More links to them everywhere ? No spoiler markup ? Size/bold emphasis to make sure people don't miss it ?)
You can just add small comments below the items on the generated form

like instead of:
[Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>] (22) Watch a Superhero or GAR themed anime: <anime_title>

just make the generated form look like this:
[Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>] (22) Watch a Superhero or GAR themed anime: <anime_title>
state the theme; use any of those listed. If the one you want to use isn't listed yet, request its addition here for Superhero and here for GAR

Tbh I was wondering all the time why it wasn't done this way in the first place, the generated sheet and the full thing with explanations are too different. I added all that stuff manually to my form (then deleted explanations after completing items) because looking it up to make sure and searching for links all the time was pain in the ass.
fuyukiDec 29, 2018 9:03 AM
Dec 29, 2018 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
IDKMike said:
Hello, so the moderator that inspected my challenge list must be busy and I understand that, but I would like a quick reply, I had challenge 107 "Watch an On-Hold or dropped anime", but I actually don't have any that matches the description, tho I tought I had, so what should I do? 2019 is just around the corner

You'll have to substitute that challenge with one from the same tier.

fuyuki said:
You can just add small comments below the items on the generated form

like instead of:

just make the generated form look like this:
state the theme; use any of those listed. If the one you want to use isn't listed yet, request its addition here for Superhero and here for GAR

Tbh I was wondering all the time why it wasn't done this way in the first place, the generated sheet and the full thing with explanations are too different. I added all that stuff manually to my form (then deleted explanations after completing items) because looking it up to make sure and searching for links all the time was pain in the ass.

Well, I think that makes the form look uglier, especially for items with longer explantions (you're example with the links would still be ok). And really, you just need one more tab open to check the explanations for the item.
Dec 29, 2018 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
@KMH keeping them should be optional then. I added mine manually and then removed them after completing. Having everything in one place was making everything easier and faster than checking things all the time to see if there are any additional requirements I might not know about. But it's not my problem really, it's not me who had more work because of confused people.
Dec 29, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2017
I have a question.

So how will I know if everything is in order?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 29, 2018 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
Lestat- said:
There's a certain amount of nitpicking in the revising of the forms this year that I just cannot stand. The tiniest affairs, ranging from spelling errors to things like "you used a full stop instead of a comma here, your entry is invalid". I understand that all the examiners need to be on the same level of analyzing, but this is just becoming more and more of a drag that takes the fun out of the challenge.

I had the exact same experience, which ruined the challenge entirely for me:
First I was asked to change 7 items, whereof only 2 were actually invalid, the rest was tiny little things - or even the staff member not properly looking at the screenshot provided.
After I fixed the intial issues, suddenly I was asked to change the format of the additional info in my challenge entry entirely, which there was no mention of at first (and people had had similar formats like mine approved).
Third time I was denied because the additional info for 2 out of 100 items hadn't been moved down to a different line than the item; it was perfectly readable and correct - just those 2 lines hadn't been moved down like was demanded.

I often followed this thread, helped out others and enjoyed the discussions, and had had an amazing experience participating in the challenge until then, but the nitpicking, as well as the unfriendly and demanding attitude from whowever it was entirely ruined it for me.
Dec 29, 2018 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
@Ph0esz @Lestat- That reminds me, I added some little stats at the bottom of the challenge (below the whole form) with some things I checked out of curiosity like my mean score of the challenge items I completed. I had to remove it because apparently it was making my form invalid. They also wanted me to "correct" my dates (all the dates in all 100 items I completed, making it 200 dates) because I used [] brackets instead of some different ones. I refused.

EDIT: sorry I think it was about the dots not the brackets. I wrote for example 01.01.2018 instead of Jan 01 or 01/01/2018. I needed to change some brakcets too but it was for a different thing.
fuyukiDec 29, 2018 9:57 AM
Dec 29, 2018 12:24 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
fuyuki said:
EDIT: sorry I think it was about the dots not the brackets. I wrote for example 01.01.2018 instead of Jan 01 or 01/01/2018. I needed to change some brakcets too but it was for a different thing.

Then I'm going to be in trouble also, as I wrote out the dates (an example being 08 February 2018) as I find it rather difficult to convert my regional system to American-Canadian style of dates.
Different regions use different date notations.
6/3
Is that 6th of March, or 3rd of June????? I can never tell.
Dec 29, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Ranacchi said:
fuyuki said:

Then I'm going to be in trouble also, as I wrote out the dates (an example being 08 February 2018) as I find it rather difficult to convert my regional system to American-Canadian style of dates.
Different regions use different date notations.
6/3
Is that 6th of March, or 3rd of June????? I can never tell.
Maybe you won't, after I wrote back that I won't be changing the dates because it's ridiculous they told me I don't have to anymore lol

I haven't managed to successfully turn in the challenge anyway, for a different reason but it was also about formatting. I gave up after a few tries.
fuyukiDec 29, 2018 12:39 PM
Dec 29, 2018 12:43 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
fuyuki said:
Maybe you won't, after I wrote back that I won't be changing the dates because it's ridiculous they told me I don't have to anymore lol

I haven't managed to successfully turn in the challenge anyway, for a different reason but it was also about formatting. I gave up after a few tries.

If it's truly problematic I wouldn't necessarily refuse to make alterations, but I'd need a little help from a native inhabitant to prevent messing up.

I don't think mine's been checked yet, but since Lestat's (sorry if I butchered your user) is on the bottom of the "previous" page, that means mine should be up on the chopping block either today or tomorrow.

I'm excited. To me it's just another learning opportunity and I can only embrace those.
Dec 29, 2018 3:25 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I will paste this here seeing how the recent discussion unfolded.

We are trying to send all inspection before we start replying to the inbox. If you posted but haven't received a message yet, please be a bit more patient. Go over your form to see nothing was missed.

If you replied, wait a few more days. We will get back to you.

All of those that had an invalid: you have to watch a new anime till Dec 31st (your time).
If you don't wish to watch something new, you can try changing items or lowering your difficulty.
If you don't wish to fix your form, you can request to be added to the section of "Completed and Inspected, with Errors".

We won't be accepting any new form that didn't manage to post their turn-in.
SheyCroixDec 29, 2018 3:28 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 29, 2018 4:54 PM

Oct 2017
A few minutes ago I realized that deadline was on December 25th. I saw some people in the same situation as me who used this thread for turn-in reply, so I just put it in here. Hoping for the best.
🎧 Challenge Start Date: 01/01/2018
🎤 Challenge Finish Date: 12/30/2018
🎖️ Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Drokonor?status=2
🔗 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 227
🗿 Completed Anime (at turn-in): 427

🔒 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=5400#msg55007660
🔺 Difficulty: Hardcore
Dec 29, 2018 5:08 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
SheyCroix said:

All of those that had an invalid: you have to watch a new anime till Dec 31st (your time).
If you don't wish to watch something new, you can try changing items or lowering your difficulty.
If you don't wish to fix your form, you can request to be added to the section of "Completed and Inspected, with Errors".

Thank you

May I ask something?

I would like to use an anime I started watching earlier this year (29 November 2018) to replace an entry which was deemed incorrect.

Is that allowed?

Or would I have to pick a different anime altogether ?
Dec 29, 2018 5:17 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ranacchi said:
May I ask something?
I would like to use an anime I started watching earlier this year (29 November 2018) to replace an entry which was deemed incorrect.
Is that allowed?
Or would I have to pick a different anime altogether ?

Not at all, you can. For the challenge you can use any and all anime watched during the year.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 29, 2018 5:30 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
SheyCroix said:

Not at all, you can. For the challenge you can use any and all anime watched during the year.

Thank you
I really appreciate that
Dec 30, 2018 8:27 AM
Cineman Role

Jun 2016
🎧 Challenge Start Date: 11 Feb 2018
🎤 Challenge Finish Date: 26 December 2018
🎖️ Link to your list: My List
🎖️ Link to your Anime+: Anime+
🔗 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 125
🗿 Completed Anime (at turn-in): 191
🎖️ Link to Sign-Up form: 27th April Sign-Up
🔺 Difficulty: King

Might as well place this here for safety.
Dec 30, 2018 2:53 PM
Oct 2017
🎧 Challenge Start Date: 01/01/2018
🎤 Challenge Finish Date: 12/24/2018
🎖️ Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/jonas1015119?status=2
🔗 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 46
🗿 Completed Anime (at turn-in): 120

🔒 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=3150#msg53795995
🔺 Difficulty: Baron

guess Im not the only one who thought turn-in date was later
Dec 31, 2018 3:40 PM

Jun 2016
🎧 Challenge Start Date: 01/10/2018
🎤 Challenge Finish Date: 22/12/2018
🎖️ Link to your list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jakubon?status=2&tag=2018%20AWC
🎖️ Link to your Anime+: http://graph.anime.plus/Jakubon/profile
🔗 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 252
🔺 Difficulty: Viceroy
🔒 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=1850#post1877
JakubonApr 25, 2019 3:20 AM
Jan 1, 2019 8:37 AM

Aug 2017
So, the results are in the Sign Up page and I don't show up.

I keep wondering, did I do something wrong?
NurguburuJan 1, 2019 8:40 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 1, 2019 8:44 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nurguburu said:

Did you post your turn-in ? If you didn't, you won't get contacted.
Or rather, did you post in the sign up thread? I tried to look you up but couldn't find it. (Will try again)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 1, 2019 8:52 AM

Aug 2017
SheyCroix said:
Nurguburu said:

Or rather, did you post in the sign up thread? I tried to look you up but couldn't find it. (Will try again)

Mmmm, it seems that I did something wrong....I'm under Damanks.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=1750#msg53655720
Jan 1, 2019 8:59 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nurguburu said:
SheyCroix said:

What about your turn-in? Did you manage to post it?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 1, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
SheyCroix said:
Nurguburu said:

What about your turn-in? Did you manage to post it?

No. I'm sorry. I misunderstood that part...I only put the finish date in my list and nothing more. But it's a shame that I was wrong about that. Can I add that now? Or it's too late?
Jan 1, 2019 9:19 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nurguburu said:
No. I'm sorry. I misunderstood that part...I only put the finish date in my list and nothing more. But it's a shame that I was wrong about that. Can I add that now? Or it's too late?

Sadly, no. After the thread is closed no other forms are taken. You can still use the banners, but you won't be added to the list.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 2, 2019 5:32 AM

Jan 2013
Unfortunately did not complete the challenge (again), I blame MAL being offline for so long D:
Nah just didn't get around to watching as much as I normally do, mostly watched regular shows this year ^^

Excited for 2019 AWC though!
Jan 2, 2019 7:51 AM

Jun 2016
As the threads purpose slowly shifts to a review and evaluation I would like to put in my two cents here.
I decided to do this (last) year a hardcore version. The offline period of MAL made this unnecessary difficult. Still this experience is important cause it shows the issues this event has.

- I understand that making the forms reliable and transparrent is important, yet it is also really time consuming. I think (at least it felt so) in the time I spent filling the form, checking stats and correcting (I am not talking about the revision which was a welcome help) I could have easily watched 2-3 series. The process is just too time consuming and I dont think that should be the purpose of the challenge.
Therefore I see the need for some kind of automation of this process.

-Many of the items required screenshots. Sure, It is reassuring on one side that you don't collect so many data but considering we are uploading pictures about your site to approve information which you should in priciple have... This feels like a waste of resources and our time. Anyway I made my entry the way that I had no screenshots to upload. I am really not a fan of this method.

-redundancy is a serious issue that will slowly kill your site. On longterm it is an issue for the forum discussions, it is a heavy issue for the recomendations thread already now and it is a minor issue for this challenge too. Considering this thread: how many of the items have been reasked several times? and what would have happened If the answers would have been channelled together into a condensed list to ease the work for future participants. Or even put together with previous years choices/recommendations? Think about it.

-some items require intensive hunting in your data base because no search function cover the task. I dont mind this but If they get too dominant people will leave them or the challenge.

-some of the items have a very narrow focus or have the potential to cover too few animes. like how many animes end with letter X? How many recommendations to favorite animes can there be? These items have the potential to be exhausted within a few years.

-We should have a discussion about what the purpose of this challenge is and what additional tasks this challenge could cover. How does it help to diversify my score, my anime watching experience, how they helped us discover shows which we would have skipped, how they created frustration etc. and evaluate the impact of individual items based on these aims.

Jan 2, 2019 8:40 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I second the interest in a more expanded search function.

Examples being
  • To exclude anime in your search which you've already watched
  • Searching based on excluded AND included genres. For example, say you want to watch a sci-fi anime without mecha.
  • Searching based on episode length. (Say you want to watch a 60-90 minute length movie with your family)

I'd love to see those being added to the search function's capabilities someday.

The entries regarding no studio or producer, without opening or ending, etc may be too specific that they add no additional functionality to the site itself so I understand you may not want to add these in.
Jan 2, 2019 9:07 AM
Jun 2016
I didnt finish this year again. Not for lack of watching anime, just not watching anime that met the challenges bestowed upon me by the generator. LOL I think for the 2019, I may regenerate until I find results more doable for me. IE 2 years in a row I got the watch an anime with 50+ episodes. Most of the anime with 50+ episodes in one entry I find taxing to watch after 20 episodes in. So if it pops up in the 2019 list I will try for a group that does not include that.

However I will say that these challenges have made me watch some gems I would have never given the time of day to and I think that is the real point that some folks may be missing. Its not about winning but getting us out of the rut we may be in like "I only watch mecha" or "I only watch idol" etc. Personally I am a sucker for Isekai and Horror but I forced myself to watch some different genres and had fun.

So a big KUDOS to the organizers. I appreciate the work you put into this every year.
JessicaAFMJan 2, 2019 9:10 AM
Jan 2, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
I really enjoyed participating in this challenge, though I did have some issues that made it difficult for me in a way that was not related to the challenge itself but more with ease of use. Partially this was due to the significant downtime. The users above have said similar things to what I think and thus are quoted below.

XAnima13X said:
As the threads purpose slowly shifts to a review and evaluation I would like to put in my two cents here.
I decided to do this (last) year a hardcore version. The offline period of MAL made this unnecessary difficult. Still this experience is important cause it shows the issues this event has.

- I understand that making the forms reliable and transparrent is important, yet it is also really time consuming. I think (at least it felt so) in the time I spent filling the form, checking stats and correcting (I am not talking about the revision which was a welcome help) I could have easily watched 2-3 series. The process is just too time consuming and I dont think that should be the purpose of the challenge.

-Many of the items required screenshots. Sure, It is reassuring on one side that you don't collect so many data but considering we are uploading pictures about your site to approve information which you should in priciple have... This feels like a waste of resources and our time. Anyway I made my entry the way that I had no screenshots to upload. I am really not a fan of this method.

-redundancy is a serious issue that will slowly kill your site. On longterm it is an issue for the forum discussions, it is a heavy issue for the recomendations thread already now and it is a minor issue for this challenge too. Considering this thread: how many of the items have been reasked several times? and what would have happened If the answers would have been channelled together into a condensed list to ease the work for future participants. Or even put together with previous years choices/recommendations? Think about it.

-some items require intensive hunting in your data base because no search function cover the task. I dont mind this but If they get too dominant people will leave them or the challenge.

-some of the items have a very narrow focus or have the potential to cover too few animes. like how many animes end with letter X? How many recommendations to favorite animes can there be? These items have the potential to be exhausted within a few years.

-We should have a discussion about what the purpose of this challenge is and what additional tasks this challenge could cover. How does it help to diversify my score, my anime watching experience, how they helped us discover shows which we would have skipped, how they created frustration etc. and evaluate the impact of individual items based on these aims.

Ranacchi said:

Examples being
  • Searching based on excluded AND included genres. For example, say you want to watch a sci-fi anime without mecha.
  • Searching based on episode length. (Say you want to watch a 60-90 minute length movie with your family)

I'd love to see those being added to the search function's capabilities someday.

The entries regarding no studio or producer, without opening or ending, etc may be too specific that they add no additional functionality to the site itself so I understand you may not want to add these in.

Yes, I agree with all of this. Some of the entries required extensive searching that ended in something that I thought was right but was not. These included release dates, studios listed, anime source, and difficulty finding anime of a certain length easily.

The instructions for each challenge item also need to be in the sign-up forum post that is automatically generated. There were many bits of information scattered across the initial challenge post explanation that again, made the challenge awkward to evaluate perfectly and required extensive returning to that post before deciding on something.

MAL has a great database that would be even more amazing with additional search features that work as they should.
Jan 2, 2019 12:27 PM

Jan 2018
Just wanted to come back to this thread to say that this was my first time participating in the challenge and I really enjoyed it! Honestly one of the main reasons I made an account on this site was so that I could sign up for it lol.

I agree with some of the constructive criticism that has been conveyed in this thread recently (like sometimes the inspections can be a little nit-picky), but it was a lot of fun to watch a wide variety of different anime and I really appreciate all the work that goes into these. Definitely looking forward to the 2019 challenge :)
Jan 2, 2019 1:15 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
XAnima13X said:

(1) - I understand that making the forms reliable and transparrent is important, yet it is also really time consuming. I think (at least it felt so) in the time I spent filling the form, checking stats and correcting (I am not talking about the revision which was a welcome help) I could have easily watched 2-3 series. The process is just too time consuming and I dont think that should be the purpose of the challenge.

(2) -Many of the items required screenshots. Sure, It is reassuring on one side that you don't collect so many data but considering we are uploading pictures about your site to approve information which you should in priciple have... This feels like a waste of resources and our time. Anyway I made my entry the way that I had no screenshots to upload. I am really not a fan of this method.

(3) -redundancy is a serious issue that will slowly kill your site. On longterm it is an issue for the forum discussions, it is a heavy issue for the recomendations thread already now and it is a minor issue for this challenge too. Considering this thread: how many of the items have been reasked several times? and what would have happened If the answers would have been channelled together into a condensed list to ease the work for future participants. Or even put together with previous years choices/recommendations? Think about it.

(4) -some items require intensive hunting in your data base because no search function cover the task. I dont mind this but If they get too dominant people will leave them or the challenge.

(5) -some of the items have a very narrow focus or have the potential to cover too few animes. like how many animes end with letter X? How many recommendations to favorite animes can there be? These items have the potential to be exhausted within a few years.

(6) -We should have a discussion about what the purpose of this challenge is and what additional tasks this challenge could cover. How does it help to diversify my score, my anime watching experience, how they helped us discover shows which we would have skipped, how they created frustration etc. and evaluate the impact of individual items based on these aims.

Thanks for sharing your opinion about it.
Most of what you have pointed out are situations we are aware of. Sadly, I would like you to remember or know that even tho this is an official MAL event, is run by other site's users, as you, with no real connection to those that own the site more than you do.

Now, going with your points (added numbers for clarity to your post)

1. Considering the time it would require to fill them is why different difficulties were offered. The thing that required more time was probs fishing for series and editing the bbcode with each entry and necessary information. Tho I do agree it would be nice if the devs added an application to the site in which the users could fill a form (in site) that called their anime in list and picked from there then generated the result.

2. As stated previously, we are users. The only way we could gain access to the info in the db is with the API and that's a well known problem by now. Even then, what you are saying would require keeping a history of the constant stats change for over 10k entries in database.

3. Would you mind explaining further? The only thing about people asking often the same is cause they didn't read the explanations posted in the sign up thread.

4-5. I think all of those were made the highest difficulty, for a reason. Again, it's something that could have been avoided by changing the difficulty. But there were certainly problems with some of those items. But agreeing with what was said about having a better search function on the site.

6. Sounds very good. Feel free to share anything you have in mind.

Ranacchi said:
Examples being

You know, if excluding anime on your list (or just from your list) is already part of the seasonal page, it would be nice to see that soon on other parts of the site.
But I agree with you on the rest.

satyrelfheim said:
The instructions for each challenge item also need to be in the sign-up forum post that is automatically generated. There were many bits of information scattered across the initial challenge post explanation that again, made the challenge awkward to evaluate perfectly and required extensive returning to that post before deciding on something.
MAL has a great database that would be even more amazing with additional search features that work as they should.

This is something taken in consideration already

JessicaAFM said:
However I will say that these challenges have made me watch some gems I would have never given the time of day to and I think that is the real point that some folks may be missing. Its not about winning but getting us out of the rut we may be in like "I only watch mecha" or "I only watch idol" etc. Personally I am a sucker for Isekai and Horror but I forced myself to watch some different genres and had fun.
So a big KUDOS to the organizers. I appreciate the work you put into this every year.

Thanks~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 2, 2019 5:35 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I just noticed that the 2019 challenge sign-up went "public", and with that I mean it's viewable for non-staff members like myself.
Was this accidental or to already inform users about 2019's changed turn-in date and to get people watching anime ?
Jan 2, 2019 5:48 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ranacchi said:
I just noticed that the 2019 challenge sign-up went "public", and with that I mean it's viewable for non-staff members like myself.
Was this accidental or to already inform users about 2019's changed turn-in date and to get people watching anime ?

No, it ain't an accident. It's made to, yes, inform everyone of the date and for those that often ask if there will be a challenge.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 2, 2019 6:35 PM

Sep 2008
one of the generators is telling me it has a virus
the other one is 403
sure is a challenge this year huh
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 2, 2019 7:23 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
nyugvo6 said:
one of the generators is telling me it has a virus
the other one is 403
sure is a challenge this year huh

Those aren't even for this year challenge. As you noticed they were posted on 2018 challenge. The challenge this year isn't up yet.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 2, 2019 8:00 PM

Nov 2012
May I use the banners somewhere else beside MAL, with given credits of course.
Jan 3, 2019 2:03 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
HyliaGoddess said:
May I use the banners somewhere else beside MAL, with given credits of course.

The main banners for the event? Sure, be sure to link back to the thread ;D

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 3, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
I've tried this year again the anime challenge (hardcore difficulty) and unfortunately made some mistakes on some items and hadn't time to watch on this 2018's end of year >:
It was my fault too that I hadn't made a backup of my challenge list somewhere so I could watch (and list down what I've already watched) in the meantime MAL was offline.
It was fun anyways! I felt the same as @JessicaAFM as I am an avid watcher of Psychological / Action anime and had to watch some shoujos and slice of life one (and I really enjoyed!)

I'll try my luck on this year's challenge, hopefully I can turn in earlier this year!
Thanks to all the organizers, I really appreciate all your effort to make this every year <3
Jan 6, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2016
Every time this challenge is done I feel like so many people do their turn ins last minute - must be a real headache for the staff (RIP).

Can't wait until 2019 one is up! :Compulsively refreshes 2019 thread:
Jan 6, 2019 10:17 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
ScarletCelestial said:
Every time this challenge is done I feel like so many people do their turn ins last minute - must be a real headache for the staff (RIP).

I believe that's why the turn-in deadline was changed for 2019.

And I second that. While unsure whether I'll attempt a secondary challenge, I am definitely looking forward to seeing what has changed (other than the date)
Jan 6, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2016
Ranacchi said:
ScarletCelestial said:

I believe that's why the turn-in deadline was changed for 2019.

And I second that. While unsure whether I'll attempt a secondary challenge, I am definitely looking forward to seeing what has changed (other than the date)

Yeah they pushed it back for 2018 too - guess they realised there still wasn't enough time...
Jan 6, 2019 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
Well what the heck people who send it last minutes during the holidays are thinking ? staff members have lifes too! there's always people like that...

No wonder they take so much time to make the challenge sign-up for 2019 and changed again the due date, 2018 must have been hell for them, with newscomers every years...
It gets tough
Jan 6, 2019 11:14 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Titadou said:
Well what the heck people who send it last minutes during the holidays are thinking ? staff members have lifes too! there's always people like that...

No wonder they take so much time to make the challenge sign-up for 2019 and changed again the due date, 2018 must have been hell for them, with newscomers every years...
It gets tough

If there were just a handful, I would have easily agreed
Unfortunately it seems like the majority submitted in the final month, and quite a few chose to make the advised/necessary modifications to get themselves onto the "accepted" list last minute. (I would assume part of this was due to the downtime)

Seeing how many submitted in December, I expected the date to be pulled back to halfway or late November to give staff a more pleasant end-of-year experience.

That said, I wish everyone who plans on attempting 2019's challenge loads of luck!
Jan 6, 2019 4:28 PM

Oct 2010
I didn't finnish this because I signed up late and MAL was offline so I was off too on this. I was using this for motivation because anime world is not the same for me anymore, maybe due to my age (30), who knows, there are boring ones, some of them and sometimes I need a purpose since I still like it but with that feeling and I know maybe I can know some good anime, I have some hopes, but I will try the 2019. This time on time and with a back-up of my list, in case MAL gets offline again.
darkuriaJan 6, 2019 4:33 PM

Jan 6, 2019 7:08 PM

Dec 2018
how do i sign up for the challenges, its my first time trying to partake in this, please help.
Jan 6, 2019 7:18 PM

Jun 2016
hoaxpwn said:
how do i sign up for the challenges, its my first time trying to partake in this, please help.
Its too late for 2018 challenge but you can start the 2019 challenge once the forum opens (you can start watching anime now for the 2019 challenge as long as you started it Jan 1st of 2019)
Jan 6, 2019 7:26 PM

Dec 2018
ampd said:
hoaxpwn said:
Its too late for 2018 challenge but you can start the 2019 challenge once the forum opens (you can start watching anime now for the 2019 challenge as long as you started it Jan 1st of 2019)

so i watched all of the jan 2019 challenges, now all i got to do is wait?
Jan 6, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
hoaxpwn said:
ampd said:

so i watched all of the jan 2019 challenges, now all i got to do is wait?

Correct. The 2019 challenge hasn't started just yet. They have the forum set up but it is locked. The moderators might still be working on it and/or dealing with last year's challenge entry forms.
Jan 6, 2019 7:53 PM

Apr 2012
The 2019 challenge post says it'll be ready sometime during the first week of January, so hopefully we'll be able to start tomorrow
Jan 7, 2019 5:12 AM

Jun 2016
Titadou said:

It gets tough

I can tell you my case: so far I interpreted the initial post the way that there will be no review of the once sent content and either it is approved or forever fails. Therefore I was proofreading my list for a month.
Then finally when I decided to send it in, there was still a review thankfully cause my form was beyond perfect. D:

Another possible cause I could imagine is that people don't bother filling their forms during the year and try to finish it now (which is insanely frustrating btw.)

Finally there are other reasons too: If you do harcore you really need a year :D (at least I do). Also some items benefit a lot from watching late in the year because stats like favorites, person completed but also graph.mal stats like favorite genre changes during the year and watching so you could leave them for late to save extra bother with documentation.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 120 121 [122] 123 124 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you even watch anime like how you used to?

removed-user - Yesterday

27 by DarkShame2 »»
1 minute ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9413 by appledude1221 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Do You Use Other Anime/Manga Sites Besides MAL?

Xypheron - 5 hours ago

27 by DarkShame2 »»
11 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 )

Cestlavie_ - 5 hours ago

64 by perseii »»
15 minutes ago

» What Anime is boring to you ( 1 2 )

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 24

62 by oooo3333 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.