Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 18, 2018 8:34 PM

Oct 2014
I'd have to agree with some of the users above. It's my favorite all-time show because I'm biased towards complex world-building, but the complexity of the plot and fine details introduced throughout the show were more so brilliant in concept than in execution. And now that I'm not viewing the show with rose-tinted goggles (watched the show four odd years ago), the characters are mostly forgettable despite how the show attempted to develop them. It's just that their personalities aren't particularly novel, and the characters' behaviors/actions are hardly differentiated. Also, the change in art direction for that one episode. All minor gripes in the grand scheme of things, however.
Mar 17, 2019 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
They made squealer suffer for a month
removed-userMar 18, 2019 2:34 AM
Apr 9, 2019 5:47 PM
Apr 2019
The story of Maria and Mamoru was wasted.
Given the various timeskips throughout the story, i was expecting another one sometime in the second season, where Maria would return, she and saki could meet up again as old ladies, compare philosophies on the societies they've built over time, reminisce on what they could have done different.

After that incredible letter she wrote, i expected maria to do something interesting, I thought she was going to be the major villain of season 2.

Instead, it turns out that the fake death was a real death. Woops, gone forever, totally really dead, now move on. We got her daughter as a monster, an entirely non speaking role

Also the more grim elements of sacrifice to keep a society running, they were a major theme in season 1. I was expecting the latter half to feature a lot more of that, saki struggling to exist in a society that still routinely slaughters its own kids for vague suspicions. Maybe devoting a lot of her adult life to slowly changing that, bringing justice to the education committee, etc.

Instead it seems to have continued unabated. All the politics of the second act were geared towards colonialism, and foreign policy concerning the rats. Not a single word was ever said again about the child massacres, and with a rampaging (sort of) ogre to massacre lots of people, the ed committee had more reason than ever to say "that proves our point" and keep killing kids. Was this meant to be a happy ending?

After spending twelve years building her career, to gradually reach the position of power she was supposedly destined for - where she might change the system from within - she instead threw it all away. Not just to kill squeara, but to not lie about it

The biggest flaw is the entire second season, i feel like they forgot what their story was about, and just discarded the most interesting elements of it
Apr 20, 2019 4:40 PM
May 2017
biggest flaw?
haha I think Shun is not dead, and the one I am most upset about is in the romance section, when I say I will always love Shun, why does he even marry Satoru
Oct 16, 2019 9:32 AM
Feb 2014
ngkn92Oct 16, 2019 9:46 AM
Oct 23, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
Characters being utter garbage with incredibly simplistic disposition.

Many inconsistencies and moronic behaviour.

Shameless info dumps.

Time skip instead of properly addressing things.

Also this is a bit personal but the way they did gay relationships as this superficial fooling around before the "real deal" comes was a bit distasteful.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 5, 2012

323 by aliwhytho »»
Sep 23, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 28, 2012

466 by aliwhytho »»
Sep 23, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1326 by SenpaiTM »»
Sep 23, 3:55 AM

» why did everyone turn gay?

bladewade - Aug 23

14 by BiazinhaBR »»
Aug 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Should humans adopt some parts of Bonobo sociosexual behavior similar to Shinsekai yori?

Zarutaku - Aug 15

19 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Aug 21, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.