Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 9, 2018 3:12 PM

Jun 2017
That grandpa was the real MVP this episode lmao.
Feb 9, 2018 4:55 PM
May 2012
MomoSinX said:
That grandpa was the real MVP this episode lmao.

"Want some meat?" I laughed so hard there :D
Feb 9, 2018 5:08 PM

Aug 2017
I'm hungry now. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 9, 2018 5:13 PM

Oct 2015
Rin and Nadeshiko camping was great and about damn time they bond together.

Also that old man Aki met looked cool and kind, and wow that meat looked realistically delicious ( I'm gonna eat mine too).
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 9, 2018 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
All the cooking in this show makes me want to pick up cooking again. They make the food look soooo good.

I drive all the time for my commute, but Rin's comment when she was in the car, thinking about how comfy it was compared to her motorcycle, gave me a newfound appreciation for my commute.

That old man looked kinda look Joseph Joestar.
Feb 9, 2018 6:32 PM

Dec 2015
want some... meat?
~
Feb 9, 2018 8:31 PM
Nov 2017
Loved this one. So nice seeing them together..and that smile from Rin...worth it
Feb 10, 2018 2:37 AM

Mar 2010
Have to share the joy here too. XD

Hallefrickinleuyah, Triple-Q did it!

God of anime mashups. <3

If I was camping in the woods and saw some young'n staring at my meat on the grill, I'd probably offer some too. XD I'd feel like a heartless bastard to be all "GO AWAY! MY MEAT!"
Feb 10, 2018 8:02 AM

Oct 2008
That Compact campfire grill equipment is a convenient item!
Nadeshiko is such a glutton and afraid of ghosts! lolz
gramps giving-out free meat is a pro camper!
4/5.

Feb 10, 2018 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Even this anime series is one of my favorite of this Winter 2018, facial expressions are the right combination of fun and sympathy. The characters remain pleasant to discover, and finally you begin to know something about the sister of Nadeshiko; so serious and impassive, but surely she will also have a sweet and likeable side. Suggestive views, the episode also manages to get a little passionate about camping life.
Feb 10, 2018 8:59 AM

Feb 2016
I don't understand all the hype for this anime, I think slice of life is not really for me.
Feb 10, 2018 10:21 AM

May 2017
RhenRhen said:
Chiaki best girl.

Factzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But apparently, casuals likes the generic ones like Rin and Nadeshiko
Feb 10, 2018 7:53 PM

Apr 2016
that old man seem like he has everything in his life work out .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 10, 2018 8:41 PM

May 2009
Oh my god, the food looked delicious.

Rin was also so adorable when she saw that they didn't have the right kind of meat at the supermarket. I wasn't expecting her to get traumatized like that.
Feb 11, 2018 6:48 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So cute this episode. I wonder how expensive was that portable grill that Rin bought.
Even Nadeshiko's friend went on a trip. It's nice that it isn't just Nadeshiko/Rin going camping but the other characters as well.

The lake and in general the place Nadeshiko/Rin went to looks so pretty and lively.

Feb 11, 2018 7:48 AM

Feb 2011
This is how I see myself in some years. Just need my hair and beard to turn white.

Music is freedom
Feb 11, 2018 12:11 PM

Feb 2013
KairosAevum said:
This is how I see myself in some years. Just need my hair and beard to turn white.

Yea, I wish there was an anime with just this guy and his friends.
Feb 11, 2018 12:20 PM
Dec 2017
DeadlyRaven said:
Rin was also so adorable when she saw that they didn't have the right kind of meat at the supermarket. I wasn't expecting her to get traumatized like that.

I think that was meant to be criticism of consumer society, if the scene came direct from manga. At the end they switch to wide angle view and we can see the store shelves are packed brim full of frozen food. Thus our supposedly cool-composed Shimarin's behaviour is infantile, as there are millions of people outdoors around the world, without as little as a tent or food or firewood or even clean water.
Feb 11, 2018 12:23 PM
Dec 2017
KairosAevum said:

You mean ex-wife conned you out of lot, house, car and kids in divorce, so you are left to wander aimlessly and disillusioned as a lone rider in this wonderful world?
Feb 11, 2018 12:36 PM
Dec 2017
SweetKiichigo said:
I wonder how expensive was that portable grill that Rin bought.

It's just a few sheets of metal, exactly 0.6mm thick (very thin) stainless steel but costs a whopping 10000 yen in real life (special edition with Yurucamp glow-through pattern on it).

On the other hand, pro camping utensils and other tools are sometimes made of titanium (as light as alu and strong as stainless steel), which means space agency budget... Apparently a bastion-shaped mini titanium fireplace costs 107 dollars.

Anyhow, family money already bought Shimarin a moto-scooter (remember all vehicles are super expensive in Japan!) so maybe she is just like Tomoko, mis-using parents' credit card for online purchases on a whim.
Tacsk0Feb 11, 2018 2:32 PM
Feb 11, 2018 12:52 PM
Dec 2017
Alexandep said:
...what's with sudden, abrupt endings? One of the previous episodes also stumbles in the middle of nowhere, and now we have this.

Had Nadeshiko joined the school's hiking club, than it would be cliff-hanger endings, but she joined the outdoor club, so we have this instead...

I guess they don't have enough manga source material so they had to idle away some time with food pr0n in this episode?
Tacsk0Feb 11, 2018 2:28 PM
Feb 11, 2018 1:15 PM
Dec 2017
ropiel said:
The ost at 0:50 of the episode reminds me so much of Aria,feelsbad that its nowhere on youtube nor that i know the name of this particular track.

ARIA's instrumental BGM was provided by Choro Club, while OP and ED came from Yui Makino. Whether YC's BGM is from the same band or just similar is anybody's guess?
Feb 11, 2018 2:17 PM

Feb 2011
Tacsk0 said:
KairosAevum said:

You mean ex-wife conned you out of lot, house, car and kids in divorce, so you are left to wander aimlessly and disillusioned as a lone rider in this wonderful world?

I really like this anime because it pass the right vibe about going camping (alone or in group), I go alone for some time now, just me, my motorcycle and can relate a lot with Rin about when I started doing this.

But I envy the girls a bit, the places that they go are so nice, the videos on youtube about them make me wanna go there.
Music is freedom
Feb 11, 2018 11:23 PM

Aug 2013
I agree with Rin. Nadeshiko's sister is attractive, and she needs more screen time.
Feb 12, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
SIs and mom are milffsss
Feb 12, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
Tacsk0 said:
SweetKiichigo said:
I wonder how expensive was that portable grill that Rin bought.

It's just a few sheets of metal, exactly 0.6mm thick (very thin) stainless steel but costs a whopping 10000 yen in real life (special edition with Yurucamp glow-through pattern on it).

On the other hand, pro camping utensils and other tools are sometimes made of titanium (as light as alu and strong as stainless steel), which means space agency budget... Apparently a bastion-shaped mini titanium fireplace costs 107 dollars.

Anyhow, family money already bought Shimarin a moto-scooter (remember all vehicles are super expensive in Japan!) so maybe she is just like Tomoko, mis-using parents' credit card for online purchases on a whim.
Or her family rich and she can be my sugar mamma
Feb 15, 2018 1:28 AM

Jan 2017
Nice episode again. I'm looking forward to their camping together.

Feb 15, 2018 9:10 PM
Dec 2017
Another solid cozy episode.
Feb 16, 2018 3:59 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Aoi's so mature. That's definitely not how I treat my friends when I see them at work. XD

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 16, 2018 11:52 PM

Aug 2012
-rin is 2 adorable
-i can't really put my finger on it but saitou seems a lot less token than chiaki or aoi
-for some reason i like the banter between rin and saitou
-rin is 3 adorable
-so is nadeshiko, which is pretty surprising because i usually find characters of her archetype to be insufferable
-also, i gotta say the character designs in terms of outfits is super good
-imagining nadeshiko's retelling of that story without anyone else's voice is pretty hilarious actually
-rin's monologues are actually consistently pretty amazing
-actually chiaki and aoi seem pretty decent on their own this episode
-i fuckin love nature scenery
-that's uh, a really weird place to end an episode. like, that was super abrupt
-alright that lie by aoi at the end might literally have been the most hilarious gag so far in the show

Well I finally got my wish granted for an episode where Chiaki and Aoi are relegated to side characters rather than being in the main cast, and I think their role in this episode is so much more suited for them. I'm really not sure about my reasoning for coming to that conclusion, though. Maybe it's because I think they're more bearable when I'm not forced to sit through one of their routines for minutes at a time, or maybe it's because actually putting a focus on each of them as individuals was a nice change of pace from the previous episodes. In any case, something was done right.

They also did something right by doing another Rin/Nadeshiko camping trip because they're pretty cute together. The prime example of that in this episode was Rin's smug look of self-satisfaction when she saw Nadeshiko gushing over her present. The comedic portions of this episode were pretty consistently entertaining, too, since they were mostly centered around Rin and Nadeshiko, and in general those two create the best gags in the show. Probably the only exception is the post-ED segment of this episode because the show (to my knowledge) has never lied about camping facts, and Aoi's general line delivery of the punchline was really spot on.

While this episode did have a ton of high points, that ending is definitely the weirdest place to end it. I get that the thing is being continued in the next episode but still, that was super abrupt.
Feb 18, 2018 1:59 AM

Mar 2017
I don't eat meat or even like it, but this episode made me want to try some grilled meat. lol
Feb 21, 2018 2:44 PM
Sep 2017
Every single time I hear Nadeshiko's "Hee Hee Hee", it melts my heart like a marshmallow in campfire! SO ADORABLE <3
Feb 22, 2018 5:36 AM

Mar 2009
Onee-san is the best.
Feb 22, 2018 5:38 AM

Aug 2017
bingstar85 said:
I don't eat meat or even like it, but this episode made me want to try some grilled meat. lol

eating meat >>> beating meat
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2018 9:47 AM

Mar 2017
Yukitaze said:
bingstar85 said:

eating meat >>> beating meat

I have to disagree. lol
Feb 24, 2018 10:34 PM

Apr 2015
Shimarin's personality is oddly realistic, except more like a boy maybe
But she hates clams. What a fuckin travesty
Mar 1, 2018 4:17 AM

Sep 2011
Anathor said:

Don't kick her Rin :(

Do kick her, Rin! It's too cute and funny not to :'D

shanimebib said:
Reina_Orikasa said:
Nadeshiko totally forgot about that sweet coffee for her sister heh.

Which is also why she got the cold treatment (literally).

So I wasn't the only one who suspected that she forgot :D That's probably also why she bought a coffee later at the campsite.
Mar 3, 2018 12:41 AM
Jun 2012
Is it just me or is this the only episode so far where there was no narrator voice?
(Unless the grandpa was the substitution)
Mar 4, 2018 6:32 AM
Feb 2011
AobaSuzukaze said:
landofthekwt said:
New Pervert line " Want some meat,little girl?"

That line was so good. I instantly had that thought too, even know I knew it wasn't the intention.

His one-pole pitches a tentΔ
Mar 6, 2018 5:14 AM

Jul 2009
Rin and Nadeshiko are great together.
Mar 13, 2018 8:44 AM

Sep 2015
That moment when Rin was like her sister is so pretty and this one not so much 🤣. Great epsidoe so relaxing I use this to go to sleep at night lol. Watch an episode and I'm out cold. The grandpa was awesome.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 22, 2018 2:01 AM

Jul 2017
Rin's reaction the the lil grill was the cutest thing I swear.

Chiaki, normal people don't stalk old men camping, x)

That whole moment was adorable with the old man beckoning her as if she was a wild animal, though apart of me was like: Would it be smart to go up to an old man offering meat in a almost secluded forest? anyway, loving this anime so far, I wonder when Rin is going to join the club?
Apr 6, 2018 2:09 AM

Jan 2015
So now Aki is the one that doing solo camp. And luckily, she get some grilled meat.
The answer is simple... ATMOSPHERE. xD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 25, 2018 4:10 PM

May 2012
Ah yes that's some really lovely development over here, looking forward what develops out of this!
Dec 2, 2018 1:25 PM

Jan 2015
Ahh, meat. I want to eat now. Nice useful gadget for winter camping.
Apr 5, 2019 5:22 PM

Oct 2014
Reminded me of the meat scene from Hanamonogatari (Monogatari series). You can almost taste the meat!
https://youtu.be/TFFeYLmEARw
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 16, 2019 2:48 PM

Oct 2017
This was a nice setup episode for the BBQ coming in the next one. Enjoyed the disappointment of not having the correct meat but how easily cheered up they got after finding others suck as the chicken. The old man veteran camper was a nice touch since we don't usually see other campers in this series.
Jul 26, 2019 6:33 PM

Feb 2017
A lot of meat cuts I've never tried were thrown about like they're the best thing ever. Gotta try grilled tongue and stuffed intestine.
Sep 28, 2019 10:02 AM

Sep 2018
Fun and educational episode, which makes the main characters and Nadeshiko's sister even more appreciated.
Oct 17, 2019 5:08 AM

Mar 2015
Going out for camping looks fun!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

134 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 18, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

117 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 13, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 10, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

107 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

291 by Eggbirb »»
Sep 3, 7:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.