Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
I feel kinda empty right now.

The show was great but this finale really made my melancholy go all the way up.
Will read the manga in the future for sure.
Baby, daijobanai...
Dec 23, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
MysteriousBanana said:
Piromysl said:
Also she mentioned that Yuu and Chi are the only living humans left. So, are Ishii and Kanazawa dead?

She said they're the only two humans that they're aware of, but there's no indication of what the scope of their observational powers are, so it's possible she just means she thought humans were completely extinct until she stumbled across Yuu and Chi.

Only 2 humans “in that city”. Remember they traveled for a long time on the train thing so are in a different city than before.
Dec 23, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2008
Not really happy with this episode. The whole thing just felt like it was slapped together just to get it over with. Plus it left me with the impression that the girls are going to die a slow, miserable death down the road, not happy with that at all.
Dec 23, 2017 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
Damn I almost cried. This episode was really emotional with all those videos of the past. Great show.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 23, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
Japan started the war :'(
Meteors wiped out the world and the creature is a mushroom sentient robot thing to clean out the weapons and nuclear waste for the sake of the planet.
Going to the upper level and moon seem fun 8/10
Dec 23, 2017 10:20 AM

Aug 2016
The camera sequence reminded me of Wall-E. Those things were perhaps aliens or some kind of evolved fungus?
Dec 23, 2017 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
That was a bittersweet, but enjoyable ending. The scene with the pictures was nicely done.
Dec 23, 2017 11:16 AM

Jan 2017
I really lost it when the Big Cut ate Yuu, i felt into despair facing the thought she would in fact end up dead and Chi would die of loneliness.

I'm beyond moved; this type of situations really get to me. I feared to experience MiA all over again, but even if it didn't get to that all the mysteries that still remain leave me with this uneasiness feeling, i even ended up crying near the end.

Overall a very touching episode for a very touching series. What a tour this one was!

8.5/10
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 23, 2017 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
This was an amazing finale. Loved it.

The camera they had held so many photos of the past and from that we learned that humanity pretty much destroyed itself through war.

A great show overall. One of my favorite of this season. Going to start reading the manga soon. 8/10.

Dec 23, 2017 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
Good show...
Unlike manga it was nice to see how the apocalypse happened through videos. It makes me sad to realize that such tragic end is nearly inevitable for our species. Sooner or later we will end ourselves because of natural resources.

MC were cute as always, together forever.

Why do people here say two girls are the only humans. Aliens said that the two were the only ones they had encountered in the city, EXCLUDING the top level where two girls are heading right now, so not all hope is lost.

It was interesting to see that nukos are consuming human weapons and CORPSES in order to hasten world rehabilitation, but one thing I didn't understand is why they do that? If they think the world will end, which I doubt will happen here, why would they keep cleaning. Are they programmed like WALL-E?

I'm happy that manga is ongoing. Will wait for new chapters.

Any anime with good soundtrack takes special place in my heart and this one has clearly earned a special spot.

9/10 better than what I thought at the start
Dec 23, 2017 11:47 AM

Aug 2017
Well that was a bit disappointing...
The first half was really nice, I cried during the sequence that showed the world ending mixed with happy moments.

But after that...kinda felt like a waste of the rest of the episode's runtime. Idunno, I was hoping for a solid ending but considering the manga is still going past this point I suppose I shouldn't have!
Plus it's not like anime are known for having conclusive endings in the first place...

A very nice show overall though! However, that ending's gonna bump my 8/10 down to a 7.
GedonDec 23, 2017 11:52 AM
Dec 23, 2017 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
Wow. What a way to end.

It saddens me that Ousama Game can get a continuation but nothing for Girls Last Tour.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 23, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was a pretty depressing episode to a show that has often toed the line between being reflective and depressing. However, it was a pretty good episode on its own, although in retrospect I don't think I especially needed to know what the cut was, as that whole bit was kinda weird and just a different tone than what this show has typically gone for.

Overall, this was a show that I started watching out of curiosity based on the hype around it (I'm typically averse to SoLs now for the most part, so this wouldn't have been on my radar if not for the hype around the manga), but one that slowly surprised me and quickly grew into one of my favourite shows of the season, with so many consistently strong episodes, and none that were especially weak or disappointing (none I can think of right now anyway). It's rare for something to surprise me now, but this really caught me by surprise with just how powerful it was. However, I can't explain why, but I can't see myself rewatching this at any point, or at least not for a very long time.

9/10
Dec 23, 2017 12:49 PM
Jan 2015
Siul-08 said:
Didnt understand the aliens stuff, they were there just to eat the post war weapons? Anyways a really unique anime its sad that it ended T.T 9/10

I think it's based from the robot the three girls showed in the video. They kept rebuilding themselves to be better and 'evolved' to what it is now, the weird white creatures
Dec 23, 2017 1:05 PM

Dec 2016
Man I really hope that wasn't some form of an anime original ending because I would love a season 2 of this and more misadventures of this cute ass duo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 23, 2017 1:15 PM

Nov 2014
Haru_Kitsune said:
Siul-08 said:
Didnt understand the aliens stuff, they were there just to eat the post war weapons? Anyways a really unique anime its sad that it ended T.T 9/10

I think it's based from the robot the three girls showed in the video. They kept rebuilding themselves to be better and 'evolved' to what it is now, the weird white creatures

Oh okay thanks for the clarification
Dec 23, 2017 1:57 PM

Dec 2014
I liked how they briefed a little what happened....nice... very enjoyable show
Dec 23, 2017 2:26 PM
Feb 2017
Exceeded my expectations. Its probably the best anime show this year. If not, my favorite anime ever. I hope there's an OVA, Special, second season, ect. (As long as it doesn't ruin it.) I'm certainly gonna read the manga.

Dec 23, 2017 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
I just finished it and really liked that. So glad that I didn't drop it, because I didn't like the art style. x3
Dec 23, 2017 3:30 PM

Oct 2015
Anime of the Year for me. Hands down. The way they built up the mysteries throughout the series and developed Chi and Yuu's relationship towards this unexpectedly eventful climax, where we learn they'll eventually perish alone alongside each other making humanity extinct forever, really made me tear up and feel the most weirdly comfortable sense of melancholy in my life.

9/10, one of my new all-time favorites up there <3
Dec 23, 2017 5:17 PM

Jun 2016
Im guessing those statues throughout the show was of those mushroom people?

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Dec 23, 2017 5:23 PM

May 2015
syncrogazer said:
As a whole, this anime is definitely overrated, but enjoyable. The scene with the pictures and videos was very nicely done.

Overrated isn't a criticism.

Dec 23, 2017 6:38 PM

Mar 2016
Kittens-kun said:

Overrated isn't a criticism.

Then you shouldn't take it as one.
Dec 23, 2017 7:40 PM

Nov 2009
I felt like I got coal in my stocking for Christmas.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Dec 23, 2017 8:00 PM
Jun 2017
lazypigz said:
Wow. What a way to end.

It saddens me that Ousama Game can get a continuation but nothing for Girls Last Tour.

Well as usual if Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou sells well in Japan...then blah blah. :)

But as of now the adaption ended with chapters 27,28 and ch 35.
There is not enough published material left for a Spring '18 cour lol.

If you really like the story,the manga is ongoing and currently all 41 chapters have been translated into English over at-

Also Girls' Last Tour official manga site releases new chapters online(free to read by all-catch in Japanese)
Dec 23, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2016
This was a really good series. The world building was very nice as well as the two girls. I found myself really attached to them. I kinda saw something bad coming but it still upset me thinking Yuu could be gone.

Now I gotta say I was really really enjoying this right in the middle, especially during the plane episode and the robot episodes. But then towards the end it kinda dipped for me because that stupid white blob thing was so fucking annoying. Not really sure what all those things were.

As good as the characters and world were, the soundtrack was absolutely out of this world. Gotta get my hands on it sometime. It really added to the feelings the show was trying to put in you.

Really good show overall, I am stuck between 8 and 9 but because I was so annoyed by that thing in the last few episodes I think I will have to go with a high 8. Like 8.3 rounded down. So yeah 8/10
Dec 23, 2017 11:23 PM

May 2015
So Girls' Last Tour is basically the epilogue of Terminator. Now I can see why this anime is so dank. Mushrooms everywhere!

Great visuals, great sound and music, easy to watch, and yet it gives a strong impression. One of the more unique anime of 2017.

Off with the Kettenkrad Chito and Yuuri go. Where they end up, perhaps one day we'll know...when the Manga is completed...

By the way, do you think this anime would be appropriate for all ages? It gives me that vibe that it's written for younger audiences to read and think about...
Dec 23, 2017 11:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The monster mushroom was a crazy!!!
Dec 24, 2017 1:30 AM

Apr 2015
Well done guys, got this fucker over an 8
Dec 24, 2017 7:10 AM

Dec 2015
Beautiful final episode. AoTS for me. 8.5/10

Thoroughly enjoyed it although it put me to sleep a couple of times
HibikaseDec 24, 2017 7:15 AM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Dec 24, 2017 7:33 AM

Nov 2015
Jesus, what a beautiful anime. I was hoping it would be a good anime, but not that good. Certainly my AOTY. 9/10
Dec 24, 2017 9:10 AM

Jun 2015
That was perfect.
If Chi and Yuu are the only ones left alive, does that mean that Ishii and Kanazawa are dead?
Dec 24, 2017 10:18 AM

Feb 2013
That was amazing!!! What an incredible anime!!! Definitely my favorite of the season, one of my favorites of the year. So many emotions throughout the entire series, amazing art, great plot, great voice acting, the music, everything.

10/10
Dec 24, 2017 10:41 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, that was scary lol.
I really love this series, 9/10 from me
Dec 24, 2017 11:54 AM

Mar 2017
Beautiful end to a beautiful show. I will definitely be rewatching at some point.
Dec 24, 2017 12:25 PM

Oct 2013
The destruction of the world revealed by the video files was poignant and moving. I hope we get a second season of this, so we learn what is on the highest level. Maybe a little of humanity has survived there?

The mushroom creatures were a fascinating development.

Though I can't claim to be a judge of voice acting, I thought Inori Minase and Yurika Kubo did outstanding work at Chito and Yuu.
Dec 24, 2017 12:30 PM
Apr 2015
Basically Nier Automata without violence and big booty
Dec 24, 2017 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
hmm... i have mixed feelings about the ending. i agree with what others have said i think; that the first half was great but the alien(?) curveball was kinda... wtf-ish. idk how to feel about that reveal, haha. though i think i'm just sad 'cause it's ended full stop. this was such a gem of a show. :(

again i agree with some others, it ended on such a glum tone and idk how to feel about it... once the world gets to that point, it's kind of obvious that humanity can't repair itself but i was still kind of hoping chi and yuu were gonna stumble upon some kinda village or like... nomads... find a small group to settle with, y'know??? the idea of them living out the rest of their lives (same going for the other two we met, and any other human(s) still alive) is just too sad to bear. :'(

overall this has been a fantastic ride, and SUCH a breath of fresh air in both the Girls Doing Cute Things/slice of life *and* apocalyptic genres. as of episode 11 this had a solid 9/10 from me but this finale... ehhh dropped it down to an 8. (still a pretty good score though.) i'm excited to go out and buy the manga. :">

also,

illivinni said:

I mean look how she animated the ED single-handedly. And her tumblr.

yoooo she has a tumblr???!!! what's her url? :o
Dec 24, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
Damn, and there goes another good show this season. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Time to continue the manga to fill the emptiness.

8/10.

Dec 24, 2017 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
best finale of this season packed with some great sweet yuri moments.
Dec 25, 2017 12:22 AM

May 2017
Had some really boring episodes that made me sleepy but overall still an enjoyable show

I so wanted them to kiss and I thought they would when they looked at each other before the hold hands

Sad that thing left their group, they're a fun trio

7/10 (should be a 6 but +1 for the nice and smooth world building throughout the episodes)

Sparvid said:

They really milked Yuu's "death" for all it was worth with all the flashbacks, which I guess could work pretty well for the last episode if you don't know what's coming.

What was coming? I don't mind spoilers coz this ain't the kind of manga I would read anyway, would watch a sequel but I just gotta know it now

kuroneko99 said:
This show reminds me of a video game that I haven't played yet.

#OOT what anime is your forum avatar?
Dec 25, 2017 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
fishpun said:

illivinni said:

I mean look how she animated the ED single-handedly. And her tumblr.

yoooo she has a tumblr???!!! what's her url? :o

im too lazy to co-paste it :p just check her MAL page, the link is on her bio
Dec 25, 2017 6:59 AM

Nov 2016
this..its so much feel. i want to know more.
Dec 25, 2017 8:00 AM
Jul 2017
wow! I didnt expect this anime to be so meaningful and beautiful.
Dec 25, 2017 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
Daaaaaaannng that camera has been through a whole hell of a lot of stuff. Essentially got a brief summary of how the world got to where it is now, and I'm a lot more curious about the world itself now, and those weird Cat, knew it was some sort of biological experiment or something. Anyway, I'm gonna have to read the manga some time. That was a beautiful finale for this series, and I enjoyed it a lot.

As for the anime itself, it was a lot of fun, nothing like I had expected it to be just off of the description, then I saw the actual anime and just kind of lost it... as in, it was funny as heck. But I really like the art style for this anime as well as the overall feel of the anime. I'm giving an 8/10. Dabbin all over the haters.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 25, 2017 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
It feels surreal this has ended, and even though I will probably rate Gems a little above this I'm more upset with this finishing.

I'm really gutted. 8-9/10 and better than MiA
Dec 25, 2017 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
Last episode was good as well.
So many pictures and videos that Chi-chan & Yuu took, even those files from other people! so many! i varies from happy pictures to the dreaded videos of despair and destruction!
I really though Yuu is a goners when huge Nuko ate her!
Is Nuko some type of Nuke-eating mushroom alien that went to heaven after they're done wiping-out all the weapons of mankind!?
The OST is perfect! like a godly heavenly OST!
Good thing the two girls still continue to live on!
I wonder what they would find on the highest level!? that's really sparks me up for S2!!!
5/5.
8/10.

Dec 26, 2017 5:40 AM
Dec 2017
So the mushroom things seems to eat the weapons and technology. This seems to happen as humanity is dying out after they hibernate then let the earth rest. Interestingly enough assuming humanity can be reborn after time then this cycle may have repeated multiple times and since all proof of what caused previous humanities end is erased the next group will basically repeat it so the mushrooms can once again dine on humanities fall.
Dec 26, 2017 6:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
and was interesting, because the Mushroom said that both girls were the last with life in all the world!!!
Dec 26, 2017 8:26 AM
Jun 2017
Ranxomare said:
and was interesting, because the Mushroom said that both girls were the last with life in all the world!!!

No the "Mushroom" did not say the girls were the last life in all the world......

The creature told the girls "we have surveyed most locations,aside from those on the highest level,and to our knowledge you are the only two humans still alive today."

So they have no idea about the city's highest level or the rest of the world.
And "most locations" also indicates that Ishii and whose his name may still be alive.

The manga makes it a bit clearer ..ch 28 p 15,and that they did not search the lowest levels as well.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2017

135 by Benassiesto »»
Aug 24, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

127 by Code0018 »»
Aug 6, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

170 by Code0018 »»
Aug 1, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

131 by Code0018 »»
Jul 28, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

160 by Code0018 »»
Jul 26, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.