Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 18, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, Goku's instinct power is insane even against Kefla after she powered up all the way. I have to admit, she actually looks pretty cool now with spiked blonde hair in her fusion form.

Jiren also finished meditating. About time!

Kefla's fight against Goku lived up to what I had expected overall. THAT MUSIC.
Nov 18, 2017 4:25 PM

Apr 2017
Oh boy that Kamehameha part.
Kefla got fucking bodied.
And thank god for that.
Nov 18, 2017 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
Nov 18, 2017 4:52 PM

Jan 2009
wow thats like the best dodge plus kamehameha follow up ever lol Goku is freaking bad ass on ultra instinct state
Nov 18, 2017 5:17 PM

Feb 2017
How pleasant it was to see those two horrible characters being eliminated. Bye bye Kefla, you will not be missed at all.
Nov 18, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2009
they are foreshadowing that Vegeta will achieve ultra instinct state too and i hope that really happens
Nov 18, 2017 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
Rewatching this episode, directing is so great. I can even feel some Osamu Dezaki (like that point blank kamehameha triple shot) in here... and the fact that allr ecent episodes end in picturesque fashion. I love that DBS directors are borrowing from the legend...

to be the best you must learn from the best...
Nov 18, 2017 5:57 PM

Oct 2017
Awesome episode!
Loved that Kamehameha. So glad Kefla is FINALLY out!
Nov 18, 2017 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
Kefla literally represented everything wrong with db so far (just power up after power up) and to see Goku deal with her with such elegance was amazing. Plus they were FUCKING annoying so thank god they're out. The whole part leading to her getting eliminated was cool af. The way Goku was dodging everything reminded me of good ol' Frogger lmao
Nov 18, 2017 6:29 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit!! The Kamehameha part was soooo cool. The way goku just slid over that energy wave from Kefla was epic asf!! The animation and art were amazingly clean and the directing was superb. Was grinning like an idiot. That was hype
Nov 18, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2016
Damn, the Kamehameha part was a delight to the eyes! xD Such elegance to eliminate Kefla... No words! Now U6 is on the verge of being erased :O

And it seems that U2 will make the stupidest decision of their lives in the next ep... Too bad :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 18, 2017 6:54 PM

Dec 2015
Not as well done as Jiren vs Goku, but not disappointingly bad as some other fights either. Loved the point blank Kamehameha! 👌👌
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 18, 2017 6:54 PM

May 2015
kale and caulifla got eliminated ? and nothing of value was lost.
next episode looks annoying asf btw.
Nov 18, 2017 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
Have a mixed feeling about this episode. First of all, I love the fighting scenes, close up Kamahameha, and seeing Kefla having no chance against UI Goku (not counting stamina issue). But still Kefla got even more powerups. Piccolo even implied her power is stronger than UI Goku when he fought Jiren.

Also, they are saying Goku's attacks are not strong because he has to think before attacks? The ability to move (attack) without thinking would only make the user lands more hits, not increase in raw power.
UImoetardNov 18, 2017 7:15 PM
Nov 18, 2017 7:18 PM

Jun 2012
Absolutely love that the final kamehameha wasn't meant to beam struggle Kefla, and instead took her out by avoiding and evading until he had the opening he needed to take her out without needing to overpower her. Completely overwhelmed her in both strategy and technique. I like Kefla, but seeing her go out in that way is so satisfying.
Nov 18, 2017 7:26 PM
Mar 2014
chunng said:
But still Kefla got even more powerups. Piccolo even implied her power is stronger than UI Goku when he fought Jiren.

I'm pretty certain Piccolo was implying that Goku's current power while fighting Kefla, is even stronger than when he was fighting Jiren in UI. (I.e. Goku is growing accustom to UI, and is likely to become even stronger... and not that her power surrpasses Goku's -__-)
Nov 18, 2017 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
The10tailedwolf said:
I'm pretty certain Piccolo was implying that Goku's current power while fighting Kefla, is even stronger than when he was fighting Jiren in UI. (I.e. Goku is growing accustom to UI, and is likely to become even stronger... and not that her power surrpasses Goku's -__-)

Piccolo was obviously talking about the energy blast that Kefla was charging.
"This power... it might even surpass Son's earlier level!"
Nov 18, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
isekai said:
they are foreshadowing that Vegeta will achieve ultra instinct state too and i hope that really happens

I wish nothing but the best for Vegeta! He tried so hard! T-T
Nov 18, 2017 7:58 PM

Oct 2011
goku riding on the ki wave then hitting the kamehameha was satistying af it was as good as the brolly kamehameha

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Nov 18, 2017 8:02 PM
Nov 2017
Jiren never finished meditating, he prematurely woke himself up out of interest of the fight from Goku's end.
Nov 18, 2017 8:27 PM

Feb 2017
That episode was really good. Kefla vs UI Goku actually exceeded my expectations. That Kamehameha was really nice to watch. To think all of that happen in under 4 minutes. So it's safe to say that Universe 6 is getting eliminated sometime soon.

Why is Ribrainne still there?
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 18, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2014
That was actually pretty awesome. With the context of the story aside, the actual fight and the animation was really well done. What the hell Toei? XD

The final sequence with the Kamehameha was amazing.
Nov 18, 2017 9:12 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit... Those vortex blades look amazingggggggg

Vegeta ultra instinct soon?
Nov 18, 2017 9:31 PM

Jul 2014
I don't think Vegeta will be able to use UI before the tournament ends, but let's see...
I'm still hoping for Vegito to could Ultra Instinct lol, that would definitely be the best way to beat Jiren.
Nov 18, 2017 9:49 PM

Jul 2014
I think I'm the only one who will miss Caulifla. I mean, I like the character and it's not her fault that the power levels in this series are shit and not to mention the great idea of how U6's saiyans become SSJ xD
SkyLETVNov 18, 2017 9:53 PM
Nov 18, 2017 9:55 PM

Nov 2016
Episode was so fucking hype,great fight and Kefla looked really hot, tomboyish and athletic body, exactly my type :P

Moment when Goku used his Kamehameha,tho, one of the most epic moments in this show.

Can't wait to see Goku and Vegeta mastering UI completely.

U6 has only those 2 Namekians...rip.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2017 10:18 PM

Mar 2013
So, is anyone else not liking the pre-opening episode "preview"? Feels like it spoils too much of the episode (or maybe more like the episode's hype?).
Nov 18, 2017 10:43 PM

Dec 2011
Every time Ultra Instinct Goku is here, the episode sure going to be bloody amazing and it was.
Ultra instict totally is my favourite transformation now and Goku splendidly beat Kefla.
The Kamehameha last sequence was just beyond anything i ever saw in all DB history.
Nov 18, 2017 10:55 PM
Nov 2017
look like Ultra instinct goku power up again
Nov 18, 2017 11:01 PM
Jun 2011
i sure the universe who is going to be eliminated next is universe 6 or 2
Nov 18, 2017 11:07 PM
Dec 2016
She got destroyed, get wasted.

But seriously this fight was really well animated, even by good animation standards, not just Toei standards. Best kamehameha in Dragon ball, closely followed by Gohan/cell and Goku instant transmission vs cell.

Also why hasn't Gohan just killed those namekians yet, he has his mystic form back and gotten stronger, just waste them already. Don't make Gohan useless again. Even the stamina argument doesn't hold up here as it won't take a minute to defeat them.
Nov 18, 2017 11:18 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And she's out, that was one sick Kamehameha to the face, brutal.

hawk222 said:
So, is anyone else not liking the pre-opening episode "preview"? Feels like it spoils too much of the episode (or maybe more like the episode's hype?).

Didn't they begin doing those short pre-episode previews around the Goku vs Jiren fight?
I do agree it kinda spoils the episodes.

Glad the saiyan battles are over now the show can focus on other character

Nov 18, 2017 11:34 PM

Apr 2013
I like they way Ultra Instinct Goku acts, it reminds me of the first time he attained Super Saiyan against Frieza - cold, ruthless and arrogant. He knew his opponent stands no chance against his current state. I also somewhat appreciate the fact that by giving him such a personality it would ease the strain on his seiyuu, especially after that dreadful news of Bulma's seiyuu just passing away recently.

That aside, that point blank Kamehameha is a delight to see, a great way to eliminate one of the strongest fighters (and cheaters) in the tournament. I was wondering the whole time when are their potara going to expire, turned out it didn't have to. Geez, when Goku and co. use potara, they always split up prematurely, but the same thing didn't happen to Kefla. =.=

Nov 19, 2017 12:47 AM

Jul 2014
The way Goku trashed kefla and the slide kamehame he put in her face was so fucking satisfying lol

RIP the sayians women's you won't be missed, also U6 have only 2 fighters on the stage now RIP

We got rid of U6 Trash in this episode and next week we have to deal with U2 Trash Sigh .......

Hopefully #18 put that bitch Rbrainne in her place
Nov 19, 2017 12:55 AM

Jul 2014
Lord_Odous said:
I like they way Ultra Instinct Goku acts, it reminds me of the first time he attained Super Saiyan against Frieza - cold, ruthless and arrogant. He knew his opponent stands no chance against his current state. I also somewhat appreciate the fact that by giving him such a personality it would ease the strain on his seiyuu, especially after that dreadful news of Bulma's seiyuu just passing away recently.

That aside, that point blank Kamehameha is a delight to see, a great way to eliminate one of the strongest fighters (and cheaters) in the tournament. I was wondering the whole time when are their potara going to expire, turned out it didn't have to. Geez, when Goku and co. use potara, they always split up prematurely, but the same thing didn't happen to Kefla. =.=

Well logically she should be weaker than Vegito and going by the fact she didn't defuse even after using every bit of HER power also imply she's weaker than Vegito who the potara couldn't handel his power even though he was no where near full power

You will lose brain cells if you try to apply logic to DBS so just accept it and go with it
Nov 19, 2017 12:56 AM
Jan 2010
cauliflower with abs has literally reached UI level without even going SS3

if this was a previous DB then vegeta would obviously learn the attack version of UI next, but since it's super I think his days are pretty much over and he's shifted to the surprise role along with piccolo, gohan etc

also more ribrianne filler next week yay
Nov 19, 2017 12:58 AM
Oct 2015
That background ost during the second half of the episode was absolutely amazing and well conducted with the animation which seemed pretty good as well. I also like the fact that there is a drawback to ultra instinct and it isn't one of those transformations that gives raw power and speed without any drawbacks apart from using more energy.
Heckle was here...
Nov 19, 2017 1:01 AM

Apr 2013
Devil_Slayer said:
Lord_Odous said:

Well logically she should be weaker than Vegito and going by the fact she didn't defuse even after using every bit of HER power also imply she's weaker than Vegito who the potara couldn't handel his power even though he was no where near full power

You will lose brain cells if you try to apply logic to DBS so just accept it and go with it

Haha I agree using brain cells to watch DBS is not the right way to enjoy it, after all, the only purpose of watching it is just relax and see how powerful everyone can get.

Saying Kefla is inferior to Vegito, however, is debatable. While it's true that we can argue that SSB Vegito defused when they faced Zamasu was due to the overwhelming SSB power. But Kefla would've pretty much be closer to that overwhelming power state when she unleashed those wild lasers around.

Well, at current point, the writers can write anything they want lol.

Nov 19, 2017 1:04 AM
Feb 2009
If the only thing you need to break potara fusion is breaking the potara, Goku should just have broken the potara from the start :)

Overwall, nice fight. Was not expecting this dodge with the Kamehameha. Actually, I was expecting the transposition. But, well, it was better this way !

Next week... Universe 2... Please get rid of them already...
Nov 19, 2017 1:06 AM

Jul 2014
Lord_Odous said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Haha I agree using brain cells to watch DBS is not the right way to enjoy it, after all, the only purpose of watching it is just relax and see how powerful everyone can get.

Saying Kefla is inferior to Vegito, however, is debatable. While it's true that we can argue that SSB Vegito defused when they faced Zamasu was due to the overwhelming SSB power. But Kefla would've pretty much be closer to that overwhelming power state when she unleashed those wild lasers around.

See what i said ? i said Logically Vegito should be stronger than her simply due to the fact she was throwing hands with SSB Goku, going by how potara work even Base Vgeito is stronger than SSB Goku so he stomp Kefla and i am not counting his power up from SSJ to SSB

She turned into SSJ and according to official data book SSJ2 is ssj*2 < which is BS yet again

Still the writers may intended for her to be stronger than vegito because they can write whatever they want at this point i am not denying the possibility really
Nov 19, 2017 1:13 AM
Jan 2010
TheHeckle said:
That background ost during the second half of the episode was absolutely amazing and well conducted with the animation which seemed pretty good as well. I also like the fact that there is a drawback to ultra instinct and it isn't one of those transformations that gives raw power and speed without any drawbacks apart from using more energy.

that's wrong, goku just hasn't mastered it yet. It's the same as super saiyan.
Nov 19, 2017 1:16 AM

Apr 2013
Devil_Slayer said:
Lord_Odous said:

See what i said ? i said Logically Vegito should be stronger than her simply due to the fact she was throwing hands with SSB Goku, going by how potara work even Base Vgeito is stronger than SSB Goku so he stomp Kefla and i am not counting his power up from SSJ to SSB

She turned into SSJ and according to official data book SSJ2 is ssj*2 < which is BS yet again

Still the writers may intended for her to be stronger than vegito because they can write whatever they want at this point i am not denying the possibility really

Here's the thing. Power levels are totally irrelevant at this point. If it's still relevant, fighting in base form or SSJ1/SSJ2 is literally suicide because of how weak they are, compared to SSJGod and SSB.

Then Kefla did the Berserk-but-somehow-tamed mode from Kale and Caulifla's SSJ2, so it's difficult to pinpoint in what state exactly Kefla is. Whatever the case is, trying to measure power levels is something impossible to do at DBS's current state.

Nov 19, 2017 1:25 AM

Apr 2016
nelliecatalina said:
How pleasant it was to see those two horrible characters being eliminated. Bye bye Kefla, you will not be missed at all.

Yep i m happy now these 2 are gone , these 2 was more annoying then u2
BRAWLERS
Nov 19, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2014
Lord_Odous said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Here's the thing. Power levels are totally irrelevant at this point. If it's still relevant, fighting in base form or SSJ1/SSJ2 is literally suicide because of how weak they are, compared to SSJGod and SSB.

Then Kefla did the Berserk-but-somehow-tamed mode from Kale and Caulifla's SSJ2, so it's difficult to pinpoint in what state exactly Kefla is. Whatever the case is, trying to measure power levels is something impossible to do at DBS's current state.

Of course they are not relevant anymore, just look Kale vs SSB Goku, They made Kale stomp Goku simply to make it look like the time Broly was trashing Goku in the movie as fan service for his fans, heck Kale whole character is Broly fan service

After she control it and power up even more SSG Goku mange to kick her around

It just like you said DBS is all about laying back and see everyone beating the shit out of each other in cool way ~
Nov 19, 2017 1:31 AM

Jun 2010
SkyLETV said:
I think I'm the only one who will miss Caulifla. I mean, I like the character and it's not her fault that the power levels in this series are shit and not to mention the great idea of how U6's saiyans become SSJ xD

No you're not alone.. hell I'd pretty much take U6 over U7 at this point.
But the Goku FBs would throw a fit.. Just ask Gohan. (and Vegeta)

But in the end, it doesn't really matter who gets deleted next or at all.. Because we know that this will all be undone in the end.
Nov 19, 2017 1:35 AM

Jul 2014
Rukodaime said:
If the only thing you need to break potara fusion is breaking the potara, Goku should just have broken the potara from the start :)

Overwall, nice fight. Was not expecting this dodge with the Kamehameha. Actually, I was expecting the transposition. But, well, it was better this way !

Next week... Universe 2... Please get rid of them already...

Pretty sure they just added that effect to ring them out, maybe he hit so hard they defused ? lel
Nov 19, 2017 1:47 AM

Sep 2016
holy shit that was superhype, that kamehameha charging while running and dodging is very cool
i wish kefla reach ssj3 like gotenks before getting defeated tho, too bad
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 19, 2017 1:52 AM

Oct 2015
I'm pretty sure this episode is at least in the top 5 episodes of DBS. I really loved the choreography of the fight. I was expecting Goku to use his feet to shoot an energy blast to evade Kefla's attack, but that sliding kamehameha was even better!

I'm so glad one of the most annoying characters is out. Now just eliminate Ribrianne, and it's all good.

Also, it's so cool that we actually get an explanation during the fight from Whis.
So Ultra Instinct has two parts: Defensive, and offensive. Defensive is much easier to attain. This is logical, since it's much easier to dodge just using instinct. You just evade, that's it. While if you want to hit someone, you'd probably try to hit vital organs, or be effective in some other way, which results in thinking.

We see blue "heat", which could be defensive, and the red "heat" we saw like 2 months ago on the picture where Goku's shirt is torn was probably his attack UI.

Also there was a theory that Goku is possessed by something/someone using his form. Apparently this theory is false, since this time he even talked in his form.

26 fighters and 17 mins left.

Also, RIP Bulma's actress :(
Nov 19, 2017 1:53 AM

Sep 2007
SkyLETV said:

You are not alone.
I liked the two girls ...
Nov 19, 2017 2:02 AM

Jul 2014
Overall to be honest Kefla was far more enjoyable than Mr.0 personality jiren who have nothing going on for him beside being "stronk" < manga at least fix this

if they introduce them as being able to go SSJ2 and SSJ3 from the very beginning i would like them far more
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

88 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

146 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2017

85 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 68 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

66 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 25, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

179 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 23, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.