Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2017 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
The 100th floor boss looks so fucking sick!

Sep 26, 2017 7:35 PM

Sep 2013
I didn't expect the movie to be this stupid. It's probably the worst thing out off all the different arcs.
Sep 26, 2017 10:27 PM
Mar 2010
In the end, SAO can't resist adding the horrendous inclusion of idols, singing, waving lights in a concert. Goodness, this is one horrible experience.
Sep 27, 2017 6:37 AM

Oct 2015
Some what bothered me at most , why always in this Show the A1 art really in top notch.
Sep 27, 2017 7:14 AM

Sep 2015
My god that was awesome <3 It would've been absolutely great to see that in theatres, but the closest one showing it was a couple of hours away :\

It was worth the wait, though. It was significantly more action and visual focused than the main series and I welcome that, even as somebody who loves the main series itself. Every single fight scene was absolutely enthralling and breathtaking and it left me in awe. I actually found the story/narrative elements to be well-condensed for a movie and on par with the stuff that came in GGO and Mother's Rosario and I really loved that, too.

It was just nice to be able to actually hear the characters and see them move and act again, though, honestly. Feels like it's been so long since I've seen an SAO anime, and just this sort of revisiting it made me feel kind of warm.

Sep 27, 2017 8:36 AM

Apr 2016
Music: Great/10
Animation: Good/10
Characters: Another swag level/10
Story: Sword art online/10
Nipples: 11/10

Jesus this was, something... they did the same fucking shit three times in a row (first sao then the second one and now this). To understand i'm not SAO hater never was the one who rant it, i never consider it good nor bad, but this ? this movie was...bad...

It would be much better without that one edgy kid (and no i'm not speaking about Kirito), But the more crucial thing now is that we unfortunately, will see the same shit also for the fourth time because what's coming in S3 will be terrible.

But i must admit that the final fight has some serious swag with in, but honestly good that there were no more characters from previous adaptations that they can put it in final fight, otherwise it would be more ridiculous that good.
Sep 27, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
First of all i wanna say thank you to my dear sir Illustrator for glorious fan service of Asuna taking a bath. Anyways, movie was great i mean the quality is marvelous and i love the art details. I do feel like the story has some plot holes and rushed a bit, but hey it's 2 hours movie and they cramped out all the good stuff, i appreciate that.

In the end they never explain the thing behind Eiji's neck, is that the thing that made him move so fast ? or a new tech perhaps ?

The fight scene was amazing especially when they fought the last boss of Aincard and i like how players from ALO joined the fight, it was epic.

I AM SO EXCITED after i saw this on after credits

3rd Season confirmed, OMG YASSSSSS

As for the movie i'd rate 10/10, totally not biased or anything xD
ToshiroChanSep 27, 2017 11:19 PM
Sep 27, 2017 5:31 PM

May 2011
Fun movie, though I wish they slowed down the pace of the final fight just a tad bit
Sep 28, 2017 1:06 AM

Apr 2015
the movie surprisingly good... enjoyed it...
lol, Working!! Easter egg in the first few minutes of the movie
too bad Kirito didn't shout "STARBUST STREAM!!" lol
also no coffee soda song though...
there might be SAO season 3... looking forward to it...

oh right, who made that book?? did i miss something??
michaelh19Sep 28, 2017 1:25 AM
Sep 28, 2017 1:10 AM

Sep 2017
Well I agree with the plot holes but
It basically fixed everything wrong in season one like how they finally finished what they started (Defeating floor 100).

I Honestly think the season three will get hated cuz I already read through the LN and I know a lot of things that'll cause haters to get hating.
Sep 28, 2017 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
NyxShinigami said:
Well I agree with the plot holes but
It basically fixed everything wrong in season one like how they finally finished what they started (Defeating floor 100).

I Honestly think the season three will get hated cuz I already read through the LN and I know a lot of things that'll cause haters to get hating.
yeah, kirito alone is probably enough for the haters to hate the show lmao..
Sep 28, 2017 7:40 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty enjoyable movie, I like that the story is kinda like SAO meets Macross meets Pokemon GO haha

One thing I gotta mention is when Sinon showed up at the raid to support Kirito, saying not to worry about her because she won't lose any memories not being a SAO survivor. Sinon is just cool like that.

KaiserNazrin said:
There is side novel that expand some stuff in the movie. The reason Eiji was being a piece of shit to Furinkazan members was because he blamed them for Yuna's death.

A side novel being available is news to me and exactly what I would love to read. Thanks for the info.
Sep 28, 2017 7:55 PM

Jan 2014
It looks pretty and all, but I see that the formula hasn't changed at all. Asuka needed saving.. again. Kirito saved the day.. again.

First of all, there's no way he should have won against Eiji by merely fighting for a couple days; this was the biggest flaw in the movie. Second, Yui gave everyone power ups.. how convenient. Third of all, Yunna's ghost gradually became less useless? The hell?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 28, 2017 8:28 PM

Dec 2014
Probably my favorite SAO work till date, great movie overall. Really enjoyed it.

The art was so crisp and the animation was off the charts especially during the action sequences. Choreography was great and all in all the action sequences were just stunning. A1 outdid themselves in that regard.

As far as the story goes it was okay, fit well for the movie length and perhaps it went too fast at times and slowed down in others. On the whole and it was quite enjoyable.

I still dislike how the SAO franchise always makes Asuna sort of the scapegoat in some way or the other. :(

That Asuna bath scene was glorious and goddamn, she was so adorable during the movie. I love how she had multiple hairstyles throughout the movie. They really did make her look gorgeous.
While the action sequences unarguably made up most of my favorite and enjoyable moments of the movie. My absolute favorite scene is the one where Kirito just straight out walks up and hugs Asuna after reading the diary. That was honestly so sweet and heartwarming, I was waiting for a moment like that for so damn long. The kiss was beautiful. <3

The final boss fight was epic and I really liked how all the characters showed up for the fight.
The conclusion with Kirito one hit KO'ing all the other bosses with that greatsword felt very deus ex machina but I'm cool with it.

Star viewing camp at the end was sweet and very nice way to end the movie, I'm glad the movie focused on Kirito x Asuna without any annoying interference.
8/10, Will look forward to S3.
Lelouch0202Sep 28, 2017 8:34 PM
Sep 29, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah Asuna still useless and Kirito is more OP now lmao at the last scene when he didn't even need to slice the mobs and they blow up instantly. Story was meh as well, nothing new just a change from VR to augma :p animation was pretty good though. I expected more from a 2hour film but it's still pretty enjoyable 7/10 as the first anime(when I know what anime was) I've ever completed more SAO is welcome s3 hype
EGOISTSep 29, 2017 7:11 AM
Sep 29, 2017 4:12 PM

Jul 2015
that was fun to watch 7/10
give me s3 :/
Sep 29, 2017 5:24 PM

May 2015
Yep, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Season 3 when? That ending makes me want it all the more.

10/10.

Sep 30, 2017 10:25 PM

Aug 2017
After watching Ordinal Scale in bluray on my UBP-X800 BD Player with my XBR43X800D 4k HDR TV, with a STR-DH770 AVR with 7.1 Yamaha Speakers it is by far the best anime movie of 2017, if not the best anime movie ever. Story is consistent and amazing characters to boot. The visual quality in terms of animations/color/contrast/gamma is by far surpasses anything in an anime movie what so ever when viewed on a 4K HDR TV even the UHD Version of Kimi No Na Wa, Gundam Thunderbolt, and even Accel World Infinite Burst despite being 1080P BDMV. The sound effects when played on a 7.1 Surround Sound system is the best I've heard so far.

As far as characters goes, you got the awesome protagonist Kirito kicking ass and taking names as always, the waifu Asuna showing some skin and still kicking ass and taking names as always, Sugu Sugu Sugus off to her kendo lessons and comes back near the end, Nico Nico Silica demonstrating her idol-master skills, Yandere Ristobethdos being the pink haired yandere troll as always, Sinononons showing her 1337 marksmanship, and they all lock and load against the antagonist of the film Sora Eiji, Hatsune Shiro Yuna adn the true 100th floor boss. I know it'll prolly trigger some snowflakes to say SAO is good, but aww well.
At which so hyped for SAO 3.

In terms of ranking SAO:Ordinal Scale >> Koei No Katchi >>Accel World Infinite Burst>> Kimi No Na Wa.

11/10 :3
Oct 1, 2017 12:24 AM

Jan 2012
Graphics
+ Fancy graphics.
- Some of the animations were stiff AF. I expect more from a movie budget anime

Story
+ At first, I hated the plot of stealing people's memories but once he explains why.. I was satisfied
- Plot and script was very predictable
- Lazy storytelling. Too convenient sometimes especially on that investigation part
- The more you think, the more it becomes a slice of cheese
- Too long! You can cut off 20 minutes and it would tell the same story
- Still no ultimate goal for the story *cough* Bleach *cough*

Characters
+ Fanservice 3rd act
+ The romance is actually progressing!
+ Wagnaria cameo
- Cool last boss but its better to have a built up antagonist with story behind it.
- New movie characters was boring. I wouldn't remember them in T minus 1 day

Music
+ Great sound effects
- The songs didn't made me want to buy them.

Half a second of Asuna's Nip out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 1, 2017 5:36 AM

Jul 2009
This movie was great! It was so nice to see the whole 1st season of SAO vibe, not only that, but everyone for the other season playing the same game...also Kirito and Asuma moments always make me happy, their promise was so cute and we got great moments of them here!
Also, he worried about meeting Asuna's mom was cute haha
Asuna really stole the show for me, especially in the end, when she join the fight against the last boss. That girl is amazing!
The surprise is after the credits...I wonder how Kirito will deal with Kikuoka's betrayal.
10/10
Oct 1, 2017 6:08 AM

Apr 2015
To be honest, for me this movie is better than first two season.

Animation is one of the best this year and music is very good.

I don't know why they didn't shows us more about Eiji and Yuna background. :/

Overall this movie was good, I didn't expect that.

7/10
Oct 1, 2017 7:53 AM

Nov 2016
Good movie and better than expected, had a lot of fun.

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 1, 2017 5:02 PM
Dec 2009
Thank you A-1 for making a mediocre SAO story such a wonderful experience to watch. Truly amazing work especially the fight scenes.

Also Asuna/10 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 1, 2017 5:50 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was a wonderful movie I must say! Really had a great overall development and man did I loved that intense battle of that final boss!!!

What an ending though, a bittersweet and very lovely ending I must say! In my opinion a great conclusion to SAO as a whole!

I probably enjoyed this movie the most out of everything the franchise had to offer!

And thanks for this movie I finally got some great shots of the Elucidator which I'm now re-doing in 3D!

All in all a great movie!
Oct 2, 2017 12:58 AM

Aug 2013
Great movie. Loved the fight scenes. 7/10.

Oct 2, 2017 5:52 AM

Aug 2016
Oh man, that teamsong gets me so hyped, amazing movie! 10/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 2, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2015
I felt the same way to the movie as I do to the anime as a whole

Thin cliché'd plot but really nice visuals and music, plus it was nice to see the throwbacks to probably my favourite part of the anime, Aincrad

6/10
Oct 2, 2017 12:51 PM
Jun 2014
While i like the series, i wonder how many fucking times they can keep pulling the same stories again and again. Some new vr/ar technology or game is made and the creator of that is the villain. Have some fucking imagination please.
Oct 3, 2017 2:46 PM

Aug 2016
Glad to finaly saw it whole. Maybe SAO mood will get me again. Time to continue with reading novel I guess.

Iam sure it was told everything about the movie here already, so I want just remind everywhere this moment.

They are like long running joke of SAO and I have no idea what their names are, but they are like one moment in every arc. For those who don't remember, let me remind you they met first day of SAO launch. (one of them as girl). Friendship forever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
Tbh the movie was weaker than the series. I'm neither hater nor fanboy and in both seasons I liked the 1st arc better (8/10) and the 2nd arc was less interesting (6 or 7/10). I scored them with a total of 7/10.

The movie didn't have anything of which made the 1st arcs in the series good. (Season 1: The threat and that they could die for real. Season 2 the nice action in GGO.)

+ It hat the trouble some movies come with. Actually the main problem I had with that movie. In a series usually because it has lots of episodes each episode has some action + calm moments.

The movie started slow and it took tooo long to get a bit interesting or show better action. Too long with those boring bosses around the city. Only the last 30 minuts were good with the 100th floor boss and the plot nearing the end (everything getting revealed).

I'd say 6.5 and I'm giving 7 (like I gave to all other SAO stuff). A bit surprised it is a lot higher here on MAL - I guess only the hardcore fans have watched it so far and more will pick it up once season 3 of the anime airs.

(In fact I myself I'm a person that rarely watches movies ... only if they are filling a gap between 2 seasons.)
Oct 4, 2017 2:36 PM
Sep 2017
God idk why people liked this movie for the plot..

BGM: 8.5
Animation: 8
Plot: 4

What is with this rich fu**ing psychopath first?!?!
SAO's concept was nice "you die in the game, you die IRL as well" but then this sh*t? This fu**ing old man taking SAO players memories to create a AI similar to his daughter?! Jess

Do I have to remember that they are all on AR? How the hell the bad guy did all those "moves" he literally defeated a group of people without any difficult,only because he had that sh*t on his neck? He literally grab KIRITO's fired as he had no weight, he broke his bones too. What the hell is AR then!?!?!
You can't give "superpower" (cheating)as it's a game, cause it's still on reality, it has to respect physic THATS WHY KIRITO IS A NOOB AT THE BEGGING.

There are all these player whom are loosing memories (SAO player in particular) and no one gives a shit.. Ok

The last scene there are all this guy whom are scared as fu*k because of the monsters ecc... Then why the hell don you remove that think?!?!

And the most annoying thing,the enemy's, they can damage you,but the can't physically damage you.
The concept of AR in this movie has no-sense.. and it is the main thing
Oct 5, 2017 12:08 AM

Sep 2016
The staff behind this are bringing back SAO to its former glory when we all were first excited for it the animators really put their soul into this work and you can tell! i came across a video on ytube on a certain action sequence which reminded me to watch it after waiting for it to air they didn't disappoint and while watching the music sequences when they were fighting omg i loved that ish soo much and guess who was the lead staff behind it?....Yuki muthaFudgin Kajiura the one and only who did music on projects such as Fate series, Kara no Kyoukai and more her work is impeccable you can always tell hmm so as far as the plot it was a bit mediocre wasnt all that intrigued but nonetheless good for what it was anyway i need to go search up that damn OST all in all 8/10
shogunwolfdyvineOct 5, 2017 12:12 AM
Facta Non Verba
Oct 5, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
It was much better than i expected since i didn't know much about the movie.
Things started a little different this time, it was nice to see Kirito going from the last place to Nº1.

Loved the plot, they always find a way to reconnect with the previous season, there is always something that they've probably shown us but we didn't saw it because it was irrelevant at that time. In the end, i felt really bad for that guy, he really loved Yuna.
I'll be honest when they were on the last floor and Yui gave them their old outfits....damn, at that moment i think something fell into my eye, it was a nice throwback. They always manage to do some great throwbacks, like that one when Asuna was fighting and Yuuki appeared there to help her. What a great moment.
The last minutes were full of action and great combats, the visuals were superb! The ost as always 10/10.
There is much more to say about this but i think i will end this here xD
The only thing that i'm not a fan of is a new season, like let's be honest...guys you made the impossible, for the 3rd time in a row you get screwed and almost die in online games. Maybe it's time to say NO? xD At least that's my opinion, i simply think that there is no need for a new season.

Animations - 10/10
Art 8/10
OST-10/10
Plot - 9/10

I still haven't decided but it's a 9-10/10.

It was so nice to see so many great throwbacks from the previous seasons! <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 5, 2017 8:28 PM

Jan 2014
This movie... was amazing. Like, everything I wanted to happen happened.

It sounds like Sinon's VA changed up her character's voice a little though. She used to sound more like Kurapika from HxH 2011 and now she doesn't so I'm a tad disappointed.
Oct 6, 2017 1:58 AM
Nov 2014
I still dont think they could have beaten that lvl 100 boss within the normal SAO parameters. I mean;
-no magic (for defense and long range attacks)
-no guns (everything would have been pretty much close combat)
-death is still an option
Shit would have been tough in the orginal SAO, ESPECIALLY w/o Heathcliff
Oct 7, 2017 12:20 PM
Jun 2016
Denevv said:
I still dont think they could have beaten that lvl 100 boss within the normal SAO parameters. I mean;
-no magic (for defense and long range attacks)
-no guns (everything would have been pretty much close combat)
-death is still an option
Shit would have been tough in the orginal SAO, ESPECIALLY w/o Heathcliff

Wasn't Heathcliff going to be the final boss
Oct 7, 2017 12:39 PM

Aug 2012
That bath scene tho.
Oct 8, 2017 8:23 AM
Oct 2017
Is it just me or does anyone want a bluetooth headset designed like augma??😂😍
Oct 10, 2017 5:24 AM
Dec 2013
I just recently watched the final episode of the second season and i'm glad because they had a lot of stuff there i never would have picked up on if i hadn't. good animation, neat story, and a cliffhanger for a third season. honestly everyone picks on sao for every reason possible but i still enjoy it regardless.
Oct 11, 2017 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
That was a fun movie to watch, nothing special but overall pretty good. I'll be excited for when season 3 comes out.

On another serious note, there's only one Black Swordsman and it's definitely not Kirito lol.

Oct 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Mar 2016
I like the series, but I didn't like this movie so much.
Oct 12, 2017 7:46 PM

May 2010
while i enjoyed the movie there were a lot of irritating moments.
- lets not tell eachother of these strange happenings and moments, i know we been through alot together, but lets keep obvious warning signs to ourselfs, mkay
- have to see "the ghost" pointing toward something 3 times before he realizes she is pointing at something, thats what an extended arm and extended index finger mean... pay f-ing attention u dumb ass
- lame instakill em all sword at the end.
- get authorities to shoot down the drones? or do something else, might be helpfull, nah lets solve it solo.
- p.s. get authorities involved btw, they might help ya... wait what... nah im solo
- lets not go right into finding the cause of the memory problem, nah lets first take this trip through memory lane, memory problems are no biggy it can wait. its never anything serious.
- bla bla VR not the same as AR, no risk bla bla, AR is different, bla bla.... oh hey u can VR with the device aswell.. yay beat the badguy.
- the guy kirito was requesting help from, the one from s2, "i have not enough authority to do anything to stop it".... has enough authority to dissolve the bad guys national crime scandal and hire him...

other then that, visually it was stunning, bosses looked great animated, those the mc+friends faces were a bit low quality early on.
lots of old characters returned felt amazing, kirito dodging "meet my mother" fun fun.
Oct 13, 2017 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
This movie brought back memories of back when started watching anime and this anime was my first anime with romance in 2015. But watching this movie was great but not the same as SOA, oRDINAL SCALE the game itself is not that interesting. Eiji fight with Kirito was disappointing but the story was okay especially about that father who tried to bring back his daughters memories and turn her into an AI.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 13, 2017 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
Asuna's nipple is the best part of the movie
Oct 15, 2017 7:35 PM

Feb 2014
oh... tears started to run down my face when Konno Yuuki's soul appeared.

SAO is very good with drama. There weren't dramas in SAO I disliked, all of them... I.... *wiping tears away*
TechOtakuOct 15, 2017 7:40 PM
Oct 16, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2009
I was enjoying it, but then near the end it started going all Deus Ex Machina and cheesy pointless nostalgia-baiting and i'm like...

Also Yuna introduction had me like . . .
AI-CHAN JA NAI KA!?

❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 16, 2017 6:15 PM

Sep 2015
I personally hated this as they had to go back and add my shit to the SAO time (sorry SAO hater here). I wonder what they will add further to the future of SAO with that 2 year time skip being used. But dam rip Klein, he was my fav char since watching SAO and now hes still getting his ass beaten and treated as a weakling(ik Eji kinda cheated with that device thingy but I declare a rematch somehow).
Oct 16, 2017 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Honestly probably the best SAO arc so far by doing a lot of things differently. Gave us a lot of action. Focused on the characters that mattered without teasing the shit out of Kirito's harem (which by the way is totally dead after Ordinal Scale since they're like engaged now). Thought the plot through and didn't just feed us Asuna service.

There were some missed points: it didn't fully develop alternate Yuna and Eiji's relationship (it would've been interesting if he started to think about her as a separate being). It didn't really even give Eiji enough development time even though Shigemura got his. There were some issues that were just papered over: how did Kirito get good in AR so fast? Eiji said he got the hang of AR during their battle. Not sure what that means. How the hell did Eiji get something that was enhancing his body torn off and not suffer some kind of neurological shock? How the hell did Eiji not get arrested after beating up Klein? No one saw it? No one remembered? Neither seems as plausible as the guy who got led into a dark alley and ambushed. How was it possible that a program/hardware that scanned and hotwired people's brains could not be proven to be harmful in like 1 day's worth of testing time? Politics aside, that just shouldn't be hard to prove. Also, how expensive must've every Augma been if every one could do this insanely high-tech stuff?

That being said, the good in Ordinal Scale far outweighed the bad. I'd rate it slightly above Mother's Rosario, which was previously my favorite arc.
Oct 16, 2017 10:35 PM
May 2014
Tencent__Weeb said:
Asuna's nipple is the best part of the movie

Basically this. The Kirito solos some bosses and gets OP again moments and the whole fiasco with the stadium and the people being in danger made no sense.
Oct 17, 2017 1:54 PM

Oct 2012
Well, not bad, not bad at all. I actually really enjoyed this movie. I catched off where first arc of first SAO ended, eg. it's follow up for the best in SAO.

I liked how it was more intimate and mature with AR set in reality (mostly) and I see it as love letter for every previous arc in SAO as most of the characters were present or even cameo and the relation with Kirito and Asuna concluded. Yes, there certainly was some railroading and parts in the story but I didn't care much because the movie had actually flow well.
And the action/animation quality was also quite good. Really good work A-1 did.

Probably the best arc out the after original SAO. Mother Rosario was good, granted, but unlike that, this movie certainly leaves lasting impression.

8/10 Very good, they probably won't top this even by upcoming third series.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

11 by amf85 »»
May 8, 3:52 PM

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM

» About reviving yuuna

Kamikoto_kl - Feb 20, 2020

2 by EldritchNeko »»
Jul 19, 2020 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.