Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 26, 2017 4:22 PM

Feb 2016
LeafHero71 said:
Comander-07 said:

PS: Any estimates for sales yet? I dont want to believe all the over sexualized garbage is more sucessfull

more or less 2k according to estimates

Well atleast the manga got a huge boost.
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Aug 26, 2017 4:28 PM

Nov 2016
This anime is astonishing in every single way, and that OST is worth the entire world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2017 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
And now their voyage is to the 3rd layer, I'm gonna miss Ozen's menacing jokes. Though I do wonder how the skills and knowledge they acquired in this 10 days gonna be useful at the 3rd depth? Are the inhabitants there about the same level as that Hippo or those monkeys? I'm hype to see more wild development.
Aug 26, 2017 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
I like the anime. Although I was a bit disappointed with the Ozen fight last episode, got the impression that they turned down the violence for the TV.

And to everybody who says "Nothing happens": It's a adventure, they are looking for Rika's mother. That's it, chill and enjoy the abyss or watch a shounen.
Aug 26, 2017 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
1) Ozen's 'joke' was hilarious..
2) Lyza is really beautiful, I love her eyelashes and hair ...
3) Riko and Reg's farewell with Marluk was really beautifully sad ...
4) Yeah, this series is still going better and better.. But, I can't wait to see Nanashi
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 27, 2017 12:42 AM
Jun 2016
can someone please tell me the name of ost
Aug 27, 2017 2:45 AM

Dec 2009
Alas the story begins it's descent once again.

Lyza is <3

With all the idle time we've had, there's sure to be some serious business happening soon.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 27, 2017 2:50 AM
Dec 2009
My feelings for Ozen have gone all over the place over these few episodes. She's been both kind and cruel, but in the end I really grew to like her. Seeing the flashback with Lyza was wonderful, and it was touching to see that conversation turn into a reality.

Also I love all the animals of the abyss, it was cool to learn about the bugs and "hippo" kind of creature in this episode.
Aug 27, 2017 3:07 AM

Apr 2012
A transitional episode, with sad partings; the flashbacks and the White Whistles introduction were especially worthwhile. Looking forward to meeting them.
EratiKAug 27, 2017 3:28 AM
Aug 27, 2017 3:08 AM

May 2016
So we're finally descending into the next layer. Some of the comments people are leaving here are intriguing; that the next episodes will be a deal-beaker, or it will be the 'Made in Abyss' that they love. So the series is going to get even more dark and messed up compared to what we've seen so far, especially episodes 5 & 7?

Another good episode although not as suspenseful as the last; mostly just more world-building. Highlight was Ozen's flashbacks and seeing Lyza's face for the first time. Ozen originally came off as someone that was untrustworthy, but despite her sadist nature she has the interests of Riko & Reg at heart. I'll miss her :(
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Aug 27, 2017 3:47 AM

Jun 2016
I'm so happy they survived the 10-day Survival Training; so proud of my babies. The scene in the water, though. That was a pretty sight and I loved the rohanas. Kirei! Not until the rhino-looking creature appeared. Well, it was their snack for the rest of their remaining days during their Survival Training. :D

So, Lyza was married to someone in the abyss and his name's Torka, and holy shit so Riko's got her eyes from his father. Unfortunately, he died probably during their journey to made it on the top of the abyss. I want to know more about Torka. Poor Lyza. ;-;

Nice to see my trap baby, Morulk. Ugh. He's so beautiful. Jeez. Still can't get over the fact that he's a trap. Goddamnit!

"Don't stay in the deep layers if you don't want to kill those who're waiting for you" This concept immediately reminded me of Inception. The dream state where 10 minutes is equivalent to 1 hour in reality. I forgot the exact hours and minutes, but it's the same concept. "I had intended to stay down there a few weeks, but when I returned to the surfce, a few months had passed", Ozen said, so it really is like the Inception thing. I loved it.

*Riko about to hug Ozen*
*Ozen hits her head*
Ozen: "He's not kind like I am, so you better be careful..."
Regu: "Is that... a joke?"
*Ozen hits his head, too*

Hahahahaha! That was priceless! But, Ozen, stop hurting my babies; they're just trying to be nice. Haha! I think I'm starting to like Ozen now, though it's still hard for me to forgive her for what she did to Regu and Riko in the previous episode. Heck, I'm slowly liking her. Patience, my friend. Haha.

Idk, but I'm really having a feeling that the one who wrote the letter was the kid in the ED. Ugh. I can't wait to meet him/her.

Marulk, oh baby. Don't cry! Riko and Regu will be back to see you. Ohmygod. It hurts me. When Marulk started crying, I started crying, too. Poor poor baby. He found new friends, but they have to go, and there's no big possibility that them two will be back. I'm gonna die here crying.

So, Lyza's apprentice is Leader? Am I wrong here? What the fuck. And ohmygod, Lyza's so gorgeous. Those eyes are to die for. <3

And now they're about to embark on their next journey: The Third Layer. Ugh. How are they supposed to god down there? Thanks, Kami-sama, Regu's arm exists. Haha. Please be careful, my two babies. Waaaah. I'm so scared.

Such a great episode and anime so far. I fucking loved it. Definitely, anime of the season for me! Already rated it 10/10! Still hoping that this anime's 2-cour. ;-;

P.S. Can someone please tell me what's the title of the song playing while Marulk is saying good bye to Regu and Riko? That shit's so beautiful and melancholic, maan. ;-; And I really need the ED in mah life!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 27, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
Since there isn't enough material for a second season, I hope they make an OVA series.

That would actually work even better, because then there's very little holding them back from showing the graphic violence in full detail.
Aug 27, 2017 7:06 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Fucking stop saying shit like '' NEXT EPISODE GUYS, BE PREPARED U GUN GIT CRUSHED'' or because this is annoying and it always help to be more disappointed.

Not saying thats the case for me, im enjoying this a lot but thats more because i try to not listen to these dumbasses trying to hype this as the next berserk in terms of despair or some shit.
Aug 27, 2017 9:25 AM

Feb 2014
Comander-07 said:
TheGreatMizuti said:

Based on the ED and where they are now, I think she's probably going to appear in the next few episodes. Maybe not the next one but very soon. I haven't read the manga so I don't know for sure.
yeah "next episode" is what I always read.. I doubt she will be introduced at the beginning so we have like 4 and a half episode of her. I just wonder how she is a main character.

The Bunny Girl has a lot more "screen time" in the manga, only since of the anime's slow pacing. The anime is likely not to adapt one of the bigger arcs since it wont get that far, and she's got a role there. So she's a main character, just one who's introduced a bit later and the anime is just taking a long while to get there.
Aug 27, 2017 9:29 AM

Feb 2014
_Kairu_ said:
I'm kind of disappointed they didn't expand more on those 10 days. Still liked it well enough.

This would kill the manga readers if it were dragged out longer haha. I'm pretty sure the anime showed more of it than the manga did but it's been a while since I read through it.
Aug 27, 2017 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
we've finally seen Lyza's face!!
Aug 27, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2014
Authoaria said:
Comander-07 said:
yeah "next episode" is what I always read.. I doubt she will be introduced at the beginning so we have like 4 and a half episode of her. I just wonder how she is a main character.

The Bunny Girl has a lot more "screen time" in the manga, only since of the anime's slow pacing. The anime is likely not to adapt one of the bigger arcs since it wont get that far, and she's got a role there. So she's a main character, just one who's introduced a bit later and the anime is just taking a long while to get there.
then she should not count as a main character here on MAL for this adaption. Its just a bit weird, she is on the cover and even bigger then the real MCs.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 27, 2017 10:54 AM

May 2015
Poor hippo-thing. He just wanted some fuck. :(((

Nexy layer. Go, go Reg.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 27, 2017 11:30 AM

May 2017
Nothing is happening in this show. 8 episodes in and the only plot progression is: we found a robot boy, and we're now ready to go to another layer of the Abyss...
The 10 day survival training added nothing of value, this is equivalent of the "Get 10 boar hides" mission in an MMO.
The flashbacks add nothing of importance, I don't care that you finally get to see a characters face, and world building works when it helps progress the plot not stop it in its tracks.
Everything about this show is wait until the next episode and I'm sure something interesting will happen and nothing interesting happens.
“Those who identify as ‘otaku’, they sicken me deeply. Anime was a mistake. It’s nothing but trash.” - Hayao Miyazaki
Aug 27, 2017 12:18 PM
May 2013
wi
podetus said:
Good episode.
Next Episode is probably a deal breaker for many people. Let's see how they will handle it

without any spoilers, can you explain why dealbreaker? Is it going to be a trash episode (filler?), something controversial?
Aug 27, 2017 12:24 PM
May 2013
AceEnigma said:
Nothing is happening in this show. 8 episodes in and the only plot progression is: we found a robot boy, and we're now ready to go to another layer of the Abyss...
The 10 day survival training added nothing of value, this is equivalent of the "Get 10 boar hides" mission in an MMO.
The flashbacks add nothing of importance, I don't care that you finally get to see a characters face, and world building works when it helps progress the plot not stop it in its tracks.
Everything about this show is wait until the next episode and I'm sure something interesting will happen and nothing interesting happens.

agree with everything you said. at this point, the only reason why i still watch is for the visuals and sountrack. i dont like the MC or the indian guy, but all the people on this forum are hyping the next episode as something significant. if, by the next episode, nothing else happens that contributes to the plot's direction, ill drop too
Aug 27, 2017 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
I hope this goes somewhere soon, since there's only 5 more episodes left.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 27, 2017 1:09 PM
Aug 2016
povveriess said:
AceEnigma said:

agree with everything you said. at this point, the only reason why i still watch is for the visuals and sountrack. i dont like the MC or the indian guy, but all the people on this forum are hyping the next episode as something significant. if, by the next episode, nothing else happens that contributes to the plot's direction, ill drop too

Honestly,it's strange that you still hasn't realized the fact that many people here just can't predict the pacing for each episode or things that studio may add/cut/slow down/rearrange etc,stop listening to them already.You could put the show on-hold and wait until more episodes come out or simply when it ends,then decide what to do... or straight up drop it right now because if you keep thinking that nothing happens and don't like characters then it's clearly not your thing.
L0kenAug 27, 2017 1:13 PM
Aug 27, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
That ending...another sad goodbye, i feel bad for Maruruk :(
Btw the OST plus the landscape views were amazing.
Gotta love the OST.
So we finally saw Lyza's face.

I don't get why Ozen can't go with them and help them find Lyza faster.

Edit: This moment is so gorgeous! I'm speechless.

AivanKAug 27, 2017 1:45 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 27, 2017 1:55 PM

Feb 2014
Comander-07 said:
Authoaria said:

then she should not count as a main character here on MAL for this adaption. Its just a bit weird, she is on the cover and even bigger then the real MCs.

True, I'm guessing it's just that no one knew how slow they'd be adapting the manga (not that it's a bad thing. The slower pace allows them to really expand upon the world and it's beauty), so people assumed she would've already have shown up. She's probably on the cover since I'm pretty sure she's the most popular character, so obviously it is for marketing reasons.
Aug 27, 2017 2:09 PM

Jan 2013
Solid episode, there's at least 7 layers. Interesting.
Aug 27, 2017 5:20 PM
Sep 2016
that music at the end

Kreygasm
Aug 27, 2017 5:53 PM

Aug 2016
All the information is perfectly linked forming each time and in each episode an anime more interesting to watch. I have enough hopes and illusions put in Made in Abyss, my heart wants turn this one of my favorites anime.

Good episode 5/5.

I really love this animation.
shinobulaughsSep 1, 2017 10:25 PM
Aug 27, 2017 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
What a damn good episode!
Those insects with light are spectacularly beautiful...also comes with attacking hippo danger lolz!
That relic like paper that Riko got can't be ripped even with ozen's strenth! wow!
Nice! Roki got a new powerful item from Ozen also used by Lyza the Blaze Reap "the everlasting pickax!
Marulk crying was emotional!
We finally get to see the the beautiful blue eyes of Lyza The Annihilator! (the OST at this part was quite something else it was great!)
Riko & reg are now finally heading-out to The Depth's of the Third Layer "Great Fault" that bigass hole definitely seems smaller compared to the hole on the surface...
5/5.
matias067Aug 27, 2017 8:03 PM

Aug 27, 2017 9:56 PM

Jul 2012
The training was shorter and had less monsters than I expected.

Lyza looked great. Too bad Riko got her dad's face :P But I guess who knows how she'll turn out 10 years from now haha.

I forgot how serious and dangerous their decent is until Maruruk talked about people never coming back. We know Riko and Reg are the main characters so they won't be getting killed, but in his head, Maruruk is thinking that they have a low chance of surviving and that she'll probably never see or hear from them again :/
Aug 27, 2017 10:01 PM

Mar 2013
What an amazing episode!

And for the people that are saying "it didn't showed any important information, I don't care about the characters", I really don't think this show is for you guys, since its clearly trying to build up the public to get attached to the characters rn, for a possible painful (idk?) scene later, if you can't feel attached to the world build up and the characters, I think you won't feel this scenes very well. Just my thoughts tho.
Aug 28, 2017 12:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The final scene was nothing but pure bliss.....I need that specific OST track in my life like yesterday

Also, I laughed when I saw that Lyza looked so young and her husband looked even younger xD Still, she did not disappoint at all and I really enjoyed getting that full backstory

Great episode overall as usual, and I am very proud of Riko and Reg for completing their training....And shout out to Ozen for being such a softie :''') That goodbye between our leads and everyone else was emotional af and I loved it
Aug 28, 2017 6:19 AM

Oct 2013
The reveal on Lyza's face was great, spectacular, but imo the VA could use a bit more passion on the reveal.
Can't wait for the next episode,
Aug 28, 2017 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
Riko is still very naive, she needs to grow up quickly if she wants to live.
Aug 28, 2017 1:54 PM
Apr 2016
I find the complaints to be very contradictory. It's either "it feels like its going nowhere" or "there is no challenge".

Lets look at the main objective here. The main objective is to get to the bottom of the Abyss. Now the Abyss is a possible 7+ layer deep pit, and people expect a challenge by the 2nd floor? In the area Reg and Riko are at too (away from the center) there wouldn't be much opposition in the first place. Also Blue Whistles are allowed to delve into the second layer and thats only one tier above red. Not only that but Reg is a treasure of the Abyss, outfitted with many artifacts and weapons one would find on a White Whistle. If you guys want Tama-chan tier monsters, look no further then the fourth floor.
Aug 28, 2017 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
RageGoria said:
The reveal on Lyza's face was great, spectacular, but imo the VA could use a bit more passion on the reveal.

Next episode will likely only be one chapter, as they're expanding on chapter 18. https://twitter.com/tukushiA/status/901131214765006848

We will not be getting to that.
Aug 29, 2017 4:29 AM

Jun 2016
Guidoch4 said:
Fuck, I love that ending soundtrack.

You can finally buy the OP and ED on iTunes. Waaaah. Been listening to it nonstop. It's so cute.

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 29, 2017 4:32 AM

Jun 2016
closeureyes said:

I really love this animation.

Lyza's so gorgeous. Ugh. I bet Riko's gonna grow up drop dead gorgeous just like her mom. :")

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 29, 2017 5:16 AM

Feb 2016
povveriess said:
wi
podetus said:
Good episode.
Next Episode is probably a deal breaker for many people. Let's see how they will handle it

without any spoilers, can you explain why dealbreaker? Is it going to be a trash episode (filler?), something controversial?

From what i see next episode gonna have some anime original stuff so the tone shift won't happen until episode 10.
Kids get hurt pretty badly.

DatRandomDude said:
Fucking stop saying shit like '' NEXT EPISODE GUYS, BE PREPARED U GUN GIT CRUSHED'' or because this is annoying and it always help to be more disappointed.

Not saying thats the case for me, im enjoying this a lot but thats more because i try to not listen to these dumbasses trying to hype this as the next berserk in terms of despair or some shit.

Again i am not trying to hype it to be "OMG DARK 10/10", i just say there will be a tone shift in later episode.
podetusAug 30, 2017 10:59 AM
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Aug 29, 2017 7:15 PM
Jul 2015
Even with little time the emotions of Marulk are so genuine that not to cry would be a lack of respect and more for the scene and the great music of background
Aug 30, 2017 2:57 AM

Jan 2015
TheDustyRed said:
RageGoria said:

Next episode will likely only be one chapter, as they're expanding on chapter 18. https://twitter.com/tukushiA/status/901131214765006848

We will not be getting to that.

Of course, original stuff. Hyped but at the same what a let down. The pacing was already slow, now even slower. Not that I'm complaining because you know, this is the greatest adaptation ever made, but still...

R.I.P. Nanachi
Aug 30, 2017 8:16 AM
Aug 2017
share ost please :)
Aug 30, 2017 8:30 AM
Aug 2015
Its been 8 episodes and we haven't seen that other character in the image yet... Hmm! Such a good episode, calm before the storm maybe?
Aug 31, 2017 9:20 AM
Aug 2017
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Guidoch4 said:
Fuck, I love that ending soundtrack.

You can finally buy the OP and ED on iTunes. Waaaah. Been listening to it nonstop. It's so cute.
what's title that ost?
Sep 1, 2017 4:06 AM

Jun 2016
sultonnabila said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

what's title that ost?

If you're pertaining to the ED song, it's Tabi no Hidarite, Saihate no Migite by Riko (Miyu Tomita), Regu (Mariya Ise), and Nanachi (Shiori Izawa).

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 2, 2017 5:23 PM

Feb 2013
Finally saw Lyza's face.

I'm really glad the 10 day training didn't take the ENTIRE episode. Good pacing.
Sep 3, 2017 4:50 PM

Nov 2013
wow that scene between lyza and ozen was awesome...
i didn't think i would actually like ozen right before we leave her behind
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 6, 2017 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
Ozen warns them not to be left alone by themselves or they'll die. Moments later, Riko runs off on her own and nearly gets eaten by an abyss hippo. Without Regu, she'd be long dead.

Poor Hippo, he was rushing there like, "Where da bitches at?" And he got captured :( He was so cute.

Ozen must've really like Lyza to reminisce so much about her. Riko's dad looked wimpy, I thought he was a girl. Lyza looked bigger than him too. No wonder he died quickly. Ozen's face when she heard Lyza married Torka LOL.

I love Ozen for burning Riko's forehead. Sometimes, Riko's energy can be annoying too, more annoying than Ozen's nasally voice.

So Lyza did want Riko to go after her. Riko dad still looks like a wimp, no matter how I look at him but he must've had good qualities if Lyza married him and had a kid with him.
臭い-
Sep 6, 2017 9:48 PM

Mar 2009
AivanK said:
That ending...another sad goodbye, i feel bad for Maruruk :(
Btw the OST plus the landscape views were amazing.
Gotta love the OST.
So we finally saw Lyza's face.

I don't get why Ozen can't go with them and help them find Lyza faster.

Edit: This moment is so gorgeous! I'm speechless.

Yeah. I loved that flashback scene. Beautiful soundtrack.

Poor Maruruk. He's a good kid. The parting scenes are always so sad in this series; it all feels final, as if they'll never see each other again.

I've noticed people keep hinting at shit hitting the fan, a tone shift, etc. But this series is already plenty dark. If something terrible happens soon...well, it really wouldn't be too shocking.
Sep 9, 2017 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
Mormegil said:

Yeah. I loved that flashback scene. Beautiful soundtrack.
Poor Maruruk. He's a good kid. The parting scenes are always so sad in this series; it all feels final, as if they'll never see each other again.

I've noticed people keep hinting at shit hitting the fan, a tone shift, etc. But this series is already plenty dark. If something terrible happens soon...well, it really wouldn't be too shocking.

Can't wait for that song to be released!
Isn't Maruruk a girl? OMG Just checked the wikia...omg! Can't believe i thought he was a girl xD
Yep, i thought the same :/ It was way too sad, it would be better if he left with them.
I was expecting it to be darker, like ReZero, but i was expecting this one to be dark and ReZero not. I doubt that it will get any darker...but we never know since the last episode will be an 1h special.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

781 by YungGrif »»
Sep 24, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

176 by YungGrif »»
Sep 24, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

EasyGo-er - Sep 8, 2017

612 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 22, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

198 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 21, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 19, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.