Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 27, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2009
Of course it would not be so easy! They were so reckless coz they were sure they would get more money next month.
Jul 29, 2017 6:47 PM
May 2013
im only on the first episode but i opine thats its finally nice to see an MC where he's not jittery and wanting to save the world or whatever. its more of a monotone and turned down version of an MC, which you don't really see a lot of in anime series.

artwork 'looks' good but if you inspect closely, its really not that great

overall, very interesting 1st episode and plot
anime_master111Jul 29, 2017 6:57 PM
Jul 29, 2017 8:54 PM
Oct 2016
i think the mc is dead inside.
bread is yummy
Jul 29, 2017 11:49 PM
Mar 2014
I actually liked this first episode.
Aug 2, 2017 2:00 AM
Mar 2012
Mc sounds so bored, liked his monologues.
Nice to have Hachiman, Yui, Yukino 'together' again, still playing the respective social monologue, social glue, and loner roles.
There's also Gabriel, fire guy from index & some baldman.
Not much comedy, but i trust Lerche making it edgy as usual.

Aug 3, 2017 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
I like the premise of the show so far, but let's see what they do with it. Should be interesting!
Aug 4, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2011
The MC ticks me off so bad. I almost dropped this because of him but thanks to that sudden twist(Although it's already explained it's just those students didn't listen and only care the 100k per month) at the end.

Aug 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
I like the anime's primes so far and I don't know why but the point system reminded me of the Cast Points or CP the prisoners received in Deadman Wonderland
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 8, 2017 11:31 PM
Dec 2012
This was alright. It reminds me of Baka Test.
Aug 9, 2017 6:43 AM
Jun 2016
I liked the eyes color

And this show drew my attention
Aug 11, 2017 6:26 AM

Nov 2014
It sneaked in a lesson on frugality, also suggesting that people often take for granted the things that they don't earn.

I like all the character interactions so far. Ayanokouji and Horikita are an amusing pair.

5/5
Aug 13, 2017 12:51 AM

Jan 2016
Awesome episode.. The mc is like. Oreki with his lack of energy, that guy from Iris Zero who does not want to much attention, and that one mc who is hiding something.
Aug 23, 2017 11:18 AM

Sep 2013
An intellectual series for an intellectual such as myself, 10/10
Hope there's no ntr and sluts but it'll probably happen.
Aug 26, 2017 5:23 AM

Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:
An intellectual series for an intellectual such as myself, 10/10
Hope there's no ntr and sluts but it'll probably happen.

How was it intellectual?
Aug 26, 2017 8:46 PM
Aug 2014
How the hell did they even get admitted to the school... Surprise though that they would punish everyone in the class instead of individuals (probably just to create a reason for the plot).
Sep 4, 2017 1:22 PM

Dec 2012
Quite the trap the school hatched there. Lulling the students into thinking they would get a luxurious free ride through their 3 years. I figured the whole thing was a setup as soon as they assumed it was per month (despite the teacher never saying such). The devil will certainly be in the details with this series.
Sep 10, 2017 12:01 AM

Dec 2016
Was waiting for the twist, was sort of a slow drudge to get there, but hey we got it and this show may be pretty interesting, we'll just have to see
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 10, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2016
Holy shit! That was a very good first episode. I'm convinced. I'll continue watching this show and I hope it won't go downhill.

Their eye colors kinda bothers me, though, especially this girl's. She looks so high with them eye color. What the fuck? Haha.

Despite that, I love the animation quality of this anime.

8/10 for now. :)

P.S. The characters reminded me a lot of Oregairu characters.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 10, 2017 12:54 PM

May 2016
It's actually from the studio of Danganronpa so no wonder the premise sounded familiar ♥ A few minutes in and the art style is really sleek and nice to look at (their eyes are really colorful and shiny~). There seems to be a big focus on philosophical worldviews in this anime too; something I don't usually see.

While the elitist guy was pretty much a douche for not giving up the priority seat, the other people in the normal seats that just ignored the old lady until they were begged by Kushida to spare her one were almost just as bad. The Bystander Effect is just another example of human apathy...

Horikita's used to living the hermit lifestyle so she would definitely be a big obstacle for a person who wants to befriend everyone like Kushida. Setting her up just for that is a little concerning though. Hori's really adorable when she gave back that silent stare to silently say "Don't you dare!".

Class D shaved through their points as fast. Hope they can eat their new gadgets and clothes~ It was obvious that they won't get anything after being so parasitic to the school system after being told that merit gives them additional points. It's like they rounded up the problem children and put them in Class Degenerate to be the very opposite of what you should be in the academy. Ayanokoji saved them from one demerit by picking up that trashcan the hooligan kicked but it was already too late.

All in all, Sensei and Kushida got really nice racks, with the seemingly dead inside MC even approving of the latter.

//edit: it's almost a year but I can finally watch more episodes ♥
Kajo_Senpai69Aug 15, 2018 8:16 AM

Sep 13, 2017 2:00 PM

Jun 2016
Interesting start, but some noticeable and predictable flaws and elements. Better than most school anime first episodes i've seen though, lets see how this goes.
Sep 14, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
Not a bad start. Going into this anime, it seemed like they took quite a bit of a risk having the MC being one of those emotionless (yet also observant) characters (which are usually reserved for the side character position) which can be a hit or miss, but based on the fact that this has a 7.97 rating, I'm just gonna assume that it was a hit for most people. Definitely getting some Oregairu/AssClass vibes. I'm liking the concept so far (I'm always drawn to those kinds of anime that have some sort of hierarchy set up). Looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.

caught in the wonder
Sep 19, 2017 6:47 AM

Nov 2014
The hell's with the MC's seiyuu?! Does he even try? He sounds so fucking monotone all the time.
Sep 28, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2014
1 of my most anticipated anime in this season, great OP (ZAQ yeaah) and ED too
Then wonderful MC(Ayanokouji), I like how he handle his surrounding and environment, the way his muttering when thinking a solution around him is somehow reminding me of 8man, and both are awesome MC

I hope i'll see many other cool way of him in solving the problem around him in few episodes ahead especially his method to handle anything according to the rule at his school, BTW I really ship him with horikita XD
Sep 29, 2017 6:57 AM
Nov 2014
That short haired girl is annoying as Fuck. I hate people like her that doesn't get satisfied unless they befriend everyone they know. Other than that it was a decent first episode
Oct 15, 2017 7:19 PM

Apr 2012
Now that's my kind of school : )
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Oct 22, 2017 11:27 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
FUCKING GREAT FIRST EPISODE !!! OWNNNNNNNNNEDDDDDDDDD !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 24, 2017 12:13 AM
Mar 2016
Pretty much dark for first episode.
Nov 7, 2017 1:48 PM

May 2012
That ending was as expected to be honest, but still nice of a setting. Looking forwards what this series has to offer to be honest!
Dec 4, 2017 6:44 PM

Sep 2009
Lmao when you can recognize a Nietsche quote just from the attitude, without reading a single one of his works.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 2, 2018 7:20 AM

Jun 2011
Yo it's lit, I like the main dude's design and personality thus far, really dislike the other 2 girls though and I hate when they show a female sensei with cleavage, like that ain't gonna fly in real life, and it doesn't serve another purpose other than just being there for fanservice.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 24, 2018 5:00 PM
Jan 2017
Ok so I went into this anime thinking it just like Baka and Test, it basically is but a slightly more snootier stuck up version, overall, not bad so far.
Mar 22, 2018 4:25 PM

Jun 2016
great start! on to the next episode.
Apr 13, 2018 10:46 PM
Oct 2017
This anime is revolutionary proof of the earth being flat. Let's see how else NASA can explain the edginess of the characters here.

On a serious note, i didn't find it interesting at all. But didn't find it irritating either so gonna continue watching this and see how it goes.
Dec 22, 2018 9:19 PM

Mar 2016
This first episode alone already interests me with how the school systems work and man just look at that very high visual quality! The OP (which is the ED in this first ep) is amazing! It's upbeat and makes me excited for what's about to come!

MC Literally didn't smile or give out any significant facial expression at all besides his standard bored face throughout the episode (probably also throughout this whole show). Now that's unique! (At least for me)

I was literally laughing when Kushida Kikyo said that she wants to be friends with everyone at school. I don't know about you, but that seems impossible to me, especially in this school with many different personalities. Besides that, seeing her oppai through the MC's eyes are really noice...

Some students from class 1-D have already spent 100000 points? Now that's insane.

Jun 28, 2019 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
Well, this first episode was absolutely terrible to be honest. The main character? I get he's supposed to be kinda carefree not giving a shit or whatever, but good God he does nothing for me on screen

The girl next to him is pretty similar, she's just bland

None of the characters stood out in the slightest

Oh no, they have no money(although there's an abundance of free products it seems?)

Doesn't seem hard to get back, just stop being jackasses

There was very little redeeming about episode 1, but I hope this gets beter
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 12, 2019 4:42 PM

Oct 2017
Everything is great ,only Kushida's kinda irritating
End of episode was kinda predictable
Seems promising!
Aug 4, 2019 5:56 PM

Nov 2014
im loving this already
the first episode went by way too fast for my liking, that just shows how invested im in already
i only have minor issues with the characters' eyes and the mc's lack of personality?? I know he's supposed to be the calm type, like Houtarou and Hachiman, but so far he seems bland, like a cup of tasteless water. I hope he gets some colors soon.
Not sure how i feel about the other characters. The bubbly girl who wants to make friends seem kinda... too friendly. idk, usually those kind have an ulterior motive. The black haired girl is too cold and rude for my liking (the typical kuudere) but I like that she's smart and perceptive, and know the importance of saving money
Sep 19, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
So the whole class get judged as one, that's unfair I guess. Better for the people who didn't waste their money on stupid stuff. That busty girl is kinda suspicious though, the way she used her "assets" on MC-kun... Speaking of the MC, he seems a bit boring so far. But at least not the usual wimpy and dense harem protagonist.
Oct 20, 2019 2:56 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting concept, let's see how this goes!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 27, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2017
Kikyou is such a thot. I hated her despicable nature of acting like she is always good friends with everyone. MC and Suzune are best couple though. And that Sensei , DAMN. She is so hottt.

I love how they judge based on merit. I kinda knew that there wouldn't be any points next month,. But to be judged based on merit is so epic. I love this anime.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 3, 2020 8:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Characters are meh/ok so far but the story seems great according to the end
Sep 20, 2020 4:22 AM
Oct 2019
I like this anime. It's not like there is that much Intensity. Still, the MC made me fall for him/her. Let's see what happen onwards
OtAkU_TaBiBSep 20, 2020 4:27 AM
Oct 26, 2020 2:34 AM

Jul 2020
I actually like the MC guy and the girl with long hair, I think they are the only normal people in that class lol.

And the short hair girl is annoying af. What’s with wanting to be friends with everyone? That’s so stupid. I mean, yeah it’s fine but if someone doesn’t want to be your friend then don’t force them or be disappointed with that.
Jan 3, 2021 1:07 PM
May 2020
episode 1 was relatively lack lustred except the opening few minutes and final moments of episode 1. but i was worth it as i have to admit i was lead to believe the façade the school was showing and that. as a whole, i very much liked episode and have big expectations for the future episodes ahlie.
Feb 3, 2021 3:05 AM
Jan 2021
Well how many people know that if the person like the mc of the anime really exists then he will be ignored and be made fun off even though he won't care.

People who think this might not happen - When you think this logically you will understand why this will happen. ( What is this called deduction or hypothesis - I am bad at language)
Apr 8, 2021 1:25 AM

Dec 2013
These naïve kids really did need a harsh lesson in reality. Although it really sucks that the class seems to be judged as a whole. I can definite see why class D was already known as the worst class.
May 10, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2020
I dislike the fact that the protagonist is another introverted loner which is a cliché, but ehh not a big deal

I wanna see Kushida and Horikita become friends, I hope they do

I'm pretty impressed with the school's approach of giving their students monthly allowance reflected by performance evaluation. I wish my university would also do the same lmao
Jul 2, 2021 1:18 PM

Mar 2019
Even though Ayanokouji has no personality whatsoever so far, I still like him a lot. The way he talks and how he looks is too great. Though from what I've heard, he's different in the LN which I hate how Lerche destroyed his personality. Suzune is also great and the teacher had a badass moment. I wonder how much points those 2 got on the 1st of may. Like, it only showed 82k for Ayanokouji, but I don't know how much he spent before that.

Amazing start for this series, don't mind the school cliche or anything around that so I liked everything.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 24, 2021 3:30 PM
Sep 2020
Ayanokouji is just cool in my opinion and the start to this is good !! Really enjoying this !
Dec 16, 2021 8:02 PM

Dec 2014
This is cheating, the teacher did mention their performance would based on merit, any regular person or first timer on that school would definitely think that this "performance" was actually academy score and not the money.

It is just a wordplay!!

So, in later episode if something went wrong, the teacher could explained everything on "merit" in order to cover up any potential plot hole? LOL
That is so convenient to explain any plot and content!

It is smart and stupid at the same time!!
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Is it just me or is Ayanokoji the most annoying little brat? ( 1 2 3 )

someguy - Sep 15

126 by Aruhaya »»
Sep 19, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

530 by jumbosan »»
Sep 10, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

170 by jumbosan »»
Sep 9, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by jumbosan »»
Sep 9, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

287 by Epiroogu »»
Jun 12, 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.