Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 16, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2013
Glad the drama lasted all of 3 minutes. Kotarou needs to chill though. She basically answered him when he asked and hid nothing about the entire situation. Annoyed as he must've felt it was still all on him for acting petulant and making her cry for no reason.

Even at the end there, she was the one making the move to reconcile with him. He just ran off after cram school ended without looking for her.He seriously needs to work on his insecurities if this is going to work.

That little skit at the end there was pretty funny though. He was always alone in the library, who would've thought there were actually so many members in his club :D
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 16, 2017 3:30 AM

Sep 2016
Good job Akane! You are the best girl this season! The ending was soo cute!!!!!

And yes, F you Hira! I hope we don't get to see your ugly mug ever again! Death to the annoying third wheels!
Jun 16, 2017 3:56 AM

Dec 2011
Dear me, was a bit afraid of the worst possible outcome from the drama. Thankfully, it didn't go there. To be honest, was half expecting that Koutaro would walk over to Akane and Hira when they talked, and just snatched Akane away (again).

Also Hira, confessing to someone who has a boyfriend is not okay, confessing with that excuse is double not okay.

That ending was so... wow... Kudos to Akane this time.

Guess the last obstacle would be Koutaro convincing his mother to apply and enroll in a school around 2 hours away from his home.

LOL at the ghost members for the literature club XD
Jun 16, 2017 4:24 AM
Mar 2015
Holy shit, I was getting pissed so much that this is the episode that they will fuck everything up between Azumi and Akane - I'm so glad I was wrong and this ending changed my mind immediately - amazing ending, that's what I wanted to see. Thank you.
Jun 16, 2017 4:27 AM

Aug 2013
FredFriendly said:
SakurasouBusters said:
Dude shes inexperienced and this is all very new to her.... You could see how happy she was when she was running to meet Kotaru, so it was obvious she meant no harm... She made a mistake no doubt, but lets not make it seem like shes some horrible person.

How many times does Hira get to lead Akane down the garden path before Akane realizes what he's up to? This was the second time that Hira maneuvered Akane away from everyone else so he could be alone with her and confess and she still has no clue what he's up to or how her boyfriend would react if he caught them in the same situation again? No, she meant no harm. No she's not some horrible person. She made the same mistake again. Hopefully she won't repeat this stupid mistake in the future.

they are fcking 14-year olds, get off your high horse and realise the meaning of this show instead of spewing shit everywhere, u do the same in batoto
Jun 16, 2017 5:11 AM

Jan 2017
I am not surprised by Hira's actions and can't really blame him. He's known Akane for years and has had feelings for her for a long time. She's comfortable being alone with him and treats him like a brother. So I can see how she wouldn't think anything of them going to take out the trash together. I think the reason why he told her is because he's frustrated. Dude is a little too late on the confessing and he probably knew the outcome and is kicking himself for not speaking up sooner.

Now Chinatsu on the other hand, I have a problem with. She met Kotarou knowing he was Akane's friend. She wasn't blind and knew they both liked each other, she knew when they were going out too but she still had to undermine her friend and try to mess things up. That's pretty crappy in my opinion.

I sure hope they (Chinastu and Hira) have gotten the hint by now and back off. I loved the end, hopefully everything will go smoothly now. But it's not over yet.
Jun 16, 2017 5:20 AM
Mar 2015
Man! that last scene gave me goosebumps. No Doubt the best episode of the series so far.
Jun 16, 2017 6:48 AM

Dec 2014
wow the feels in this episode... I really liked the chemistry in this episode
Jun 16, 2017 6:50 AM
Aug 2013
I FUCKING LOVE THESE TWO!

They are so perfect together! I hate Hira, I don't care if he was in love with her and know her for so much longer, the guy was spineless, he didn't take his shot. Now that the girl is in a relationship you suddenly get the guts? It is a dick move, really. Although, I'm glad Akane was firm and shut him down immediately.

I really hope it works out for Kotarou and Akane, long distance relationships are usually doomed to fail.
Jun 16, 2017 6:57 AM

May 2017
Hira: I love you Akane
Akane: I love Emilia

Koutaro: oh hell naww
Jun 16, 2017 7:15 AM
Nov 2010
He was being quite the ass there for awhile. I understand he's under a lot of stress, but not only did Akane try to find out what was wrong, she even pursued it multiple times instead of just saying 'okay' and moving on.

I'm glad they buttoned up everything by the end and didn't make it a long drawn out dramatic cliffhanger. That scene at the end was perfect.

Great ending. Great show. Hope we get a time skip at the end (married with children running around would be ideal).
Jun 16, 2017 7:23 AM
Aug 2014
So final bosses: Kotarou's parents. Thanks Kami-sama for that ending, after Saekano's episode.. I needed it.
Jun 16, 2017 7:29 AM

Nov 2016
After watching it with subs I'm still thinking Akane didn't do anything wrong, if anything her naivety was her only mistake, but like said that's normal due to inexperience and Hira laid a clever bait on top of that. Kotarou isn't to blame either, sure he was harsh and jumped to the gun, but he's also inexperienced, insecure and due to that he didn't know how to handle such a situation. If it were me and I saw my girlfriend with a guy who I know has a crush on her, it would be very hard to stay calm, maybe with more experience, not as middle schooler, though.

If anyone is to blame it's Hira, since he's the only one who acted conscious. I have to admit that I can understand him to a certain point, but the way he argued was pathetic. I already noticed during the raws that he was forceful, but didn't know it was that bad.

I'm just glad that he gave up on Akane and that the drama is over, at least for now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2017 7:31 AM
Jan 2015
Freestyle80 said:
they are fcking 14-year olds, get off your high horse and realise the meaning of this show instead of spewing shit everywhere, u do the same in batoto

Whoa Nellie! Here come the High Horse police! Watch out! Don't say something that Freestyle80 doesn't like or you'll get shit on and harassed! If Freestyle80 ruled the world I'd probably get thrown in jail for 15 years and end up with a coma. Some people just don't believe that other people also have a right to express their opinions, whatever they may be.

For instance, it occurred to me that for the first nine episodes, it has been solely Kotarou who was the driving force behind this relationship. If it had not been for his determination and continued proactive efforts, Akane might have been Hira's girlfriend by the fourth episode. But, finally, in the tenth episode, Akane actually makes a real effort to push the relationship forward, making her first really proactive effort by confronting Kotarou in that final scene.

It also occurs to me that, had Kotarou not gotten so jealous and treated her so harshly, making Akane sob so violently, she probably wouldn't have realized just how much he really means to her, and how painful it would be to be separated from him. A good lesson learned in a very harsh manner.

I was also extremely impressed by the maturity and sincerity expressed by Kotarou in that final scene, something rarely seen in a shoujo anime. What he said pretty much boils down to another confession of love for Akane, if not a proposal. And Akane's kiss was her seal of approval. With episode ten, I feel that Kotarou and Akane have gone way past just having a Middle School romance and have become a real couple who are truly and equally in love with each other, a couple that will do everything they can to stay together.

On a side note, I find it amusing that Setsuko & crew belittle Kotarou as a boyfriend whereas, in reality, he is everything that they would actually like to have in a boyfriend themselves: kindness, sincerity, bravery, tenderness, maturity... just contrast Kotarou with Setsuko's own boyfriend, Nagahara, whose only interest in Setsuko is sex.

Jun 16, 2017 7:44 AM

May 2015
Oh god, I thought the episode would be a hurtful watch considering the first half, but then came the ending, OMG. I had teary eyes for a moment, what a beautiful scene ;__;....

Jun 16, 2017 8:30 AM

May 2015
Akane stopped him in a narrow street in front of a closed shop and behind her was a junction, and then in the next moment they were standing in the middle of a bridge. Was that an error or the story skipped time?
IshitatesoJun 16, 2017 8:52 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 16, 2017 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely one of the best romance series of last few years. Ending of this episode was wonderful.
But please, don't end it like 5cm/s.
Kotarou has a very nice dad, so it shouldn't be a big problem. To convince him, but still...

Btw, animation and art looked a lot better in this episode. What happened?

SakurasouBusters said:
FredFriendly said:

So, instead of spending time enjoying the festival with her boyfriend who only has a limited amount of time before he has to perform again, you think Akane should spend that time alone with some other guy who is just her friend. "Oh, my boyfriend is coming to meet me but screw him, I'll hang out with you instead." Yeah, sounds like the proper thing to do, right?

Dude shes inexperienced and this is all very new to her.... You could see how happy she was when she was running to meet Kotaru, so it was obvious she meant no harm... She made a mistake no doubt, but lets not make it seem like shes some horrible person.

100% agree. I don't blame Akane. But Hira was lame as hell. He couldn't say more lame sentence than 'why him', 'you deserve better ' etc.

/
Damn, MAL staff should do something with mobile site and quoting. It's annoying as hell that quoting on mobile site is not working like it should.
rsc-plJun 16, 2017 8:55 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 16, 2017 8:49 AM
Aug 2013
Ser_Robert_Dayne said:
Akane stopped him in a narrow street before a closed shop and behind her was a junction, and then in the next moment they were standing in the middle of a bridge. Was that an error or the story skipped time?

I think it's not like that,
After Akane stop Koutaro in front of shop, I think both of them go to the bridge first before they talk . . . that just the rational explanation . . . :D
Thanks . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Jun 16, 2017 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
I FREAKING LOVE THIS SERIES ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

autismo sum up:
akane goes with friends and then is left alone with some cuck named hira
kotarou sees them and gets all jealous n shit but doesnt realise akane friendzoned him
he gets all squiiiiiiiiii squiiiiiiiii and angry and the next day he decides to apply to be with akane his whole life
feeling overwhelmed she hugs him for a min and then WALLAH kisses him in the cutest way possible and both of them blush like tomatoes, fucking freaks.
10/10.
removed-userJun 16, 2017 9:18 AM
Jun 16, 2017 9:27 AM
Jan 2015
In case anyone is wondering, the timeline for episode 10 is the third weekend in October when the Kawagoe Festival is held, and over a month after episode 9 (the beginning of the Fall Semester), which itself was a month after episode 8 (August 10th). My, how time flies when you're in love!

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the final episode turns out to be an enchanting Christmas Eve...
Jun 16, 2017 9:40 AM

Mar 2013
Superb episode.

Even though what Hira did was wrong, I couldn't hate him. The fact that he mustered up courage to confess his feelings for Akane was admirable.

What irks me is the Akane's tendency of going with the flow whenever she's with Hira. And the fact that she never takes any initiation over pertaining her relationship with MC. It's always MC who steps forward. His frustration was understandable. He just got to know Akane's transferring and when he went to meet up with her in festival, he saw Akane with another guy so it was natural he'd feel annoyed.

But Dayum, the last scene quickly resolves all the drama transpired in the episode and it was great to see Akane kissing MC. It was damn sweet.
Jun 16, 2017 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
This is how you make a romance anime. The simplicity and realness of this show is just amazing.
Jun 16, 2017 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
Tsuki ga Kirei truly knows how to play with ones emotion. From anxiety to heartwarming, I felt everything in this episode. My favourite episode so far.

Seeing Akane cry broke my heart. I don't want to see that again. I'm glad the drama was short and was solved quick. I don't think my heart can take it.

Hira, that bastard. Never liked that guy. Glad Akane politely rejected him. If told Kotarou, like how Chinatsu told Akane before hand, things may have turned differently. But they are all inexperienced and that fine with me.

Akane!!!! She kissed him!!!!!

This show for me is 9/10. If it has a good ending, I'll give it a 10/10. It needs a good ending.

Jun 16, 2017 11:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fucking hell, i love this show, what else can i say?
Jun 16, 2017 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
It´s funny how a coming of age romance between kids shows more kiss ond feelings then most other romance shows that have the kiss last or no kiss/hug att all. Anime should take a lesson.
Jun 16, 2017 11:39 AM
Mar 2017
This episode is going great, but i think i need Roman in eps 11 :D
Jun 16, 2017 11:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TAKE NOTE, ROMANCE ANIME
Jun 16, 2017 12:44 PM

Oct 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
FredFriendly said:

So, instead of spending time enjoying the festival with her boyfriend who only has a limited amount of time before he has to perform again, you think Akane should spend that time alone with some other guy who is just her friend. "Oh, my boyfriend is coming to meet me but screw him, I'll hang out with you instead." Yeah, sounds like the proper thing to do, right?

Agree and I'll go as far to say that she really didn't make a mistake. All Kotaru had to do was say "Hi" when he saw them together. She has every right to fill up her time while she was waiting for Kotaru.
Jun 16, 2017 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
Jack said:
Jakerams said:
But the thing is Hira is an important friend to her. She has made it clear her friends are important to her as well.

If only Hira thought the same of her, friends don't try and fuck over other friends relationships.

I get your point. In Hira's defense: I think he likes Akane much more than he's let on and he feels that with her leaving soon this may be his only chance. I think what he did was very brave. Now if he really is a good friend then he'll respect that Akane just wants to be friends.
Jun 16, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
This was fucking cute af. Loving it more and more
Jun 16, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
Poor Akane. Kota's reaction was immature, but he is a kid after all.

I hope he'll pass the entrance exam. Still, I wonder how he'll convince his parents...
Jun 16, 2017 1:39 PM
Oct 2016
I was so relieved they were able to overcome their first "argument" together as a couple. The entire time after Kotarou left Akane at the festival, i wanted them to talk it out and work through their problems. I was thinking to myself, "NO! This cannot be happening." Finally, in the last scene they were able to overcome their problems with affectionate dialogue, a close embrace, and a passionate kiss. This episode was awesome as it showed the fast ups and downs of a relationship.
Jun 16, 2017 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was so cute that I couldn't handle it... Romance anime should learn from this.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jun 16, 2017 2:40 PM

Aug 2015
modboy said:
Jack said:

If only Hira thought the same of her, friends don't try and fuck over other friends relationships.

I get your point. In Hira's defense: I think he likes Akane much more than he's let on and he feels that with her leaving soon this may be his only chance. I think what he did was very brave. Now if he really is a good friend then he'll respect that Akane just wants to be friends.

More like it's very scummy, I can understand wanting to say goodbye before she moved away but that's all it should have been, a goodbye. I know you'd want to get your feelings out to a person who's moving away because you never know if you'll see them again, but-she's in a relationship which you are aware of, you shouldn't need to get out anything that has the potential of causing drama, especially with all that "I've known you longer" bullshit. It's just a copout for a pussy who couldn't say shit sooner.

I don't think he's a bad character and I know he's a kid so mistakes are expected but goddamn they do a good job with these characters.
Jun 16, 2017 3:08 PM

Mar 2016
So Azumi decides to be a dick to Akane just because he got jealous of her and Hira even though she turned him away. Look I get he's frustrated because she's moving away but come on man don't be petty and stupid. btw Akane crying wtf was the deal with that shotty animation it was so poor I thought my stream was lagging or something. Ugh...I just don't see where people are coming from giving this show such high praise it's meh...ok at best. I hope the final few episodes can make me change my mind and if not I gave it my best shot
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 16, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2015
Nice episode loved the ending part :P
Jun 16, 2017 4:11 PM
Jul 2016
Kougeru said:
God this show is so great. This is exactly what I've been missing for years now. A pure and beautiful romance. I really hope this ends happily for them
. They're so perfect for each other. Best episode yet. One of the best
that I can remember. Drama never really feels forced in this show...it's all natural and realistic. I love it. Knocked this up to a 9/10 overall score for me. A good ending could make this a 10/10 anime. edit:

Also, the insert song is a cover of "Fragile" by Every Little Thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP60Qqjfdhs, performed in the anime of course by Nao Touyama

edit: Hira is a jerk for doing that knowing she was in a relationship. There's no defending that, IMO. I'm really glad to see Akane is the type of person who just straight up tells people what needs to be said. I love her.

As for episode length, the plot seems to be heading for 12 or 13 episodes. The official website still doesn't even have a page for blu-ray/DVD so I can't really say for sure. Blu-ray/DVD listings are usually how I confirm show lengths lol.

I love that song, I think that less people know it.

I love this chapter. The first love.
Jun 16, 2017 4:12 PM
Jul 2016
I don't remember in wich chapter the insert song was "Natsu Matsuri"
Jun 16, 2017 4:44 PM
Jun 2017
Megu262 said:
I don't remember in wich chapter the insert song was "Natsu Matsuri"

I think its in episode 8 iirc.
Jun 16, 2017 5:30 PM

Jan 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
Glad the drama lasted all of 3 minutes. Kotarou needs to chill though. She basically answered him when he asked and hid nothing about the entire situation. Annoyed as he must've felt it was still all on him for acting petulant and making her cry for no reason.

Even at the end there, she was the one making the move to reconcile with him. He just ran off after cram school ended without looking for her.He seriously needs to work on his insecurities if this is going to work.

That little skit at the end there was pretty funny though. He was always alone in the library, who would've thought there were actually so many members in his club :D

I agree that he was wrong in the festival, but it's understandable. But about the end, I disagree. He was applying to her school and was going to talk to her about it, thus making up, but he wanted to talk to his parents first. It happens that she saw it first. She wouldn't have ran after him if she didn't. Anyway, they're pretty young, mistakes happens, what's important is that it made their relationship stronger.
thiagopvJun 16, 2017 5:36 PM
Jun 16, 2017 5:37 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Mistakes were made on both sides. Apologies were made on both sides. Hopefully they learn and grow from it. Works for me.
Jun 16, 2017 6:18 PM
Jan 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
She basically answered him when he asked and hid nothing about the entire situation.

Akane was not initially all that forthcoming (open and honest, if you prefer) with Kotarou when he asked her if she was with Hira, alone. "We lost a game and had to throw out the trash" does not seem to cover everything about the situation, and certainly seems like Akane is trying to hide something from Kotarou, which Kotarou knew since they certainly weren't throwing out trash while he observed them together. If she's not telling him the whole truth, hiding the really important stuff from him, and he knows it, why wouldn't Kotarou be upset with Akane?

At that point, it might have occurred to Kotarou that Akane's saying that , "I'm with the track club people" could also be a lie, and that she had been alone with Hira the whole evening, after all, there were no other track team members around when he saw Akane and Hira together.

Anyhow, Akane's simple statement also didn't include the fact that she spent nearly half an hour together with Hira "throwing out the trash" which, in reality, probably took all of a minute or two, or that they went to buy imoki together and that's why she declined to have one with her own boyfriend, or, the thing that Akane was trying to hide from Kotarou, that Hira confessed to her, which she only told Kotarou about later after it was apparent that he was very upset. And that begs the question: would Akane even have told Kotarou about Hira's confession if Kotarou had been his usual self and he hadn't asked about Hira? Probably not.
Jun 16, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2016
So much emotion in one episode. I can't get enough of this anime. Really best anime of the season. Hope this got a really good ending though.
Jun 16, 2017 8:21 PM
Jul 2015
Kotarou really was a bastard for acting like that .. poor Akane
Jun 16, 2017 8:28 PM
Jul 2015
Of what I am happy, leaving aside the kiss, is the murder of hira (I am very happy of this).
Another thing I would like to know is: What is the song used in the kiss scene?
Jun 16, 2017 8:59 PM

Jan 2015
Claudio17 said:
Of what I am happy, leaving aside the kiss, is the murder of hira (I am very happy of this).
Another thing I would like to know is: What is the song used in the kiss scene?

A cover of "Every Little Thing - Fragile" sang by Nao Touyama (op and ed).

Regarding your last comment, he was wrong, but it was nothing that serious, and Akane was at fault as well. In the end both learned from that and their relationship is now even stronger.
Jun 16, 2017 9:09 PM

Sep 2015
Feels bad for Hira with that friend zone. Omg lol looks like the skippers only show up for the Literature Club when they want their picture taken.
Jun 16, 2017 11:01 PM
Nov 2016
Thank God for this episode! :')
Jun 17, 2017 1:23 AM

Mar 2016
AOTY for sure.

Finally something "normal" from Japan, not a "generic story with omega_retard_MC & tsundere/childhood_friend _chick or a harem" with shitty fanservice.
Jun 17, 2017 4:00 AM

Feb 2016
LOL that guy Hira was trying so hard. The kiss scene is very cute. Love it!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

631 by Weely21 »»
Aug 26, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

98 by KamiKazee »»
Aug 10, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

160 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 2, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

180 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 1, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.