Jan 23, 2016 7:18 AM

Feb 2010
Take a look at my downloaded folder:
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 23, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
JkayW said:
I don't download I stream.

But if I could download I would. But I just can't find a good site.

Let me help you with that: http://www.lovemyanime.net/ or http://www.animerush.tv/ then click the episode, click the mp4 upload (HD is what I prefer, if you're fine with normal quality, you could take that as well), then wait for the vid to be ready and click the download button that appears on the vid itself (the arrow that points downwards), it'll take you to the mp4upload side, there just press the green button.

I use those sites mainly for ongoing series as they have good HD versions, yet the files aren't really big compared to the ones you see in torrents.

If you want series like Guilty Crown (sorry, this is the 1st not too recent finished anime I think of as I'm watching it atm) or so that don't have HD vids on that site, or you just prefer a 'Batch' (all the episodes with 1 click) to have less clicking work, just search for a torrent (like google: 'Guilty Crown Batch torrent' or smth).

If you're new to torrents, be carefull though and make sure you read some info on them beforehand, or just ask in the MAL forums, plenty of guys/girls who do that here!
Jan 23, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2015
None because I'd rather not waste time torrenting

You forgot to make that a choice in your poll ;)
Jan 23, 2016 7:32 AM

Mar 2015
Demi_V said:
Plus why would I download a series that I potentially won't like enough to watch repeatedly? That should be the purpose of downloading imo.

Well, actually there is a good reason you should download over stream, I'll explain: Both streaming and downloading take up the same amount of your internet usage, as in, if you stream an episode of let's say Naruto, it WILL consume the same amount of your data as if you would download it.
Now let's say you would want to watch a series again, would you rather already have to restream it (and obv consuming data again), or would you rather have it on an external HDD and not consume data?
Jan 23, 2016 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
Hiroyuuki said:
Demi_V said:
Plus why would I download a series that I potentially won't like enough to watch repeatedly? That should be the purpose of downloading imo.

Well, actually there is a good reason you should download over stream, I'll explain: Both streaming and downloading take up the same amount of your internet usage, as in, if you stream an episode of let's say Naruto, it WILL consume the same amount of your data as if you would download it.
Now let's say you would want to watch a series again, would you rather already have to restream it (and obv consuming data again), or would you rather have it on an external HDD and not consume data?

Personally even a 0.1% chance that streaming an episode is disturbed by buffering, the internet dying or other similar troubles, is more than enough to avoid that option. Especially with slow-ish internet and since I don't see any advantages of streaming that matter to me.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 23, 2016 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
~ 150 GB. I doubt I'll watch half of 'em.
Jan 23, 2016 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
Don't download any. Streaming's good enough. I buy those I like well enough to want to own when possible, and when not possible streams will still be good enough for potential rewatches.
Jan 23, 2016 8:09 AM

Jul 2005
I have downloaded about 1200 series, OVAs and movies. I put most onto a spare HDD or burn them onto blurays to watch later when I have time. But im actually pretty good at watching them as soon as I get them downloaded. Important thing is not to download to many series that have a tone of episodes each hahahaha
Jan 23, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2015
I watch my anime online. If I downloaded it I would have any memory left
Jan 23, 2016 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't downloaded any anime. I find it much better to just stream it.
Jan 23, 2016 3:50 PM

Mar 2015
JkayW said:

Bakabt is a pretty good site, its where I get all my stuff

Just be sure to seed though so your account doesn't get suspended
Jan 23, 2016 4:01 PM

Sep 2015
I use streaming sites, so none. I don't see the point of downloading anime tbh.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jan 23, 2016 4:05 PM

Mar 2015
-CallMeSenpai- said:

You get better picture quality, ability to watch whenever
Jan 23, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2015
now that I think of it I almost never streamed online
I started from bd's which I randomly bought =tsubasa reservoir chronicles because the character looked like sakura kinomoto then got hooked on this anime stuff but stopped buying since college cost a lot . I tried streaming but I hated the low quality :DD and since that day I ended up torrenting every anime that I watch gotta get that 1080p bd from kyoani series.
Jan 23, 2016 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
I stream shows, but download whenever I feel like doing something with them, like making AMVs or trying to make a review.
Jan 23, 2016 4:13 PM

Sep 2015
NateMKII said:
-CallMeSenpai- said:

You get better picture quality, ability to watch whenever
I know that it has a better quality, but it's not worth it, It just takes too much time.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jan 23, 2016 4:21 PM

Feb 2013
Hiroyuuki said:
Demi_V said:

But if you compare streaming sites vs torrents, this is not true.
The episode streamed from mp4upload is much smaller than the same episode from the horrible subs rip. (YuruYuri eps 9 mp4 upload (44 mb) vs nyaa torrent (325 mb))
Jan 23, 2016 4:28 PM
Apr 2013
romagia said:
Hiroyuuki said:

The episode streamed from mp4upload is much smaller than the same episode from the horrible subs rip. (YuruYuri eps 9 mp4 upload (44 mb) vs nyaa torrent (325 mb))

I don't understand the comparison you are trying to make. The former has a significantly lower resolution compared to the latter resulting in a smaller filesize.
Jan 23, 2016 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
worldeditor11 said:
romagia said:

I don't understand the comparison you are trying to make. The former has a significantly lower resolution compared to the latter resulting in a smaller filesize.
me neither
but it's what i think of when it comes to stream vs download
Jan 23, 2016 5:13 PM

May 2012
A bit over 5 TB, 300+ series and movies i would guess.
Jan 23, 2016 6:22 PM

Dec 2012
Hardly anything because I'm a DVD/Blu-ray collector and I'd rather use legal means like subscription streaming services for checking out new shows. Also if I DLed it, it's unlicensed, and I usually just delete it after watching instead of storing it.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 23, 2016 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
I always download then delete all after watching. Only keep around 20 shows I really like.
Jan 23, 2016 7:57 PM

Sep 2015
Just 2 movies, Madoka movie 3 and 5 cm/s because I wanted to stream them to my 58" TV and not have to worry about buffering. I'm a streaming pleb all the way.
Jan 23, 2016 8:59 PM

May 2009
Pullman said:
Take a look at my downloaded folder:

Get on my folder icon level

Not enough characters so I guess I'll answer OPs question as well :\ ...I have 1.4TB worth of chinese cartoons. I actually used to delete everything as soon as I was finished with it but these days disk space is so cheap I just cbf to delete anything ever. If I ever actually run low on space then I'll do something about it.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jan 23, 2016 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
I mostly just watch them online unless I want to screencap a series. If I want to screencap a series because I love the art, I will usually download episodes to my laptop and cap.

If I downloaded every series I liked in 720p or 1080p format in batches like I often do if it comes to pulling large files with all episodes in a finished series for example, my storage space would be entirely full, so realistically, not only is it impractical to spend such time downloading, the majority of the downloaded videos will eventually have to be deleted. It's just kind of useless. If I grab an mkv of a show whose art I like, screencap, and then delete the show, at least I'll still have the caps, but if I'm not gonna do that I will just watch online.
Jan 24, 2016 2:33 AM

Jan 2008
So basically, people who stream either:
1. Don't have the space to download and store, and can't afford to buy HDDs.
2. Can't tell the difference between streaming quality and a good encode.
3. Don't care for uncensored BD/DVD versions.
4. Have poor internet.

Good to know.
Jan 24, 2016 3:36 AM

Jan 2015
I stream because why would I download when I don't have to
Jan 25, 2016 9:09 AM

Mar 2015
romagia said:
Hiroyuuki said:

I did mention earlier that torrent files have usually 'bigger' files, however, I also said that DOWNLOADING (not torrents, just downloading) is the same file size, as it's even the same file you are streaming/downloading, which will have absolutely no differense in file size, not even a single byte.

Oh and btw that 44 mb file is extremely misleading, it's not HD, which you compared to a HD torrent file.. A normal episode in HD takes about 100-200 when downloading without torrents (as earlier mentioned, on the sites I download the HD mp4uploads from). Usually torrents for 1 ep range from 100-300, so yes, it's still a bit higher, but still, downloading from a mp4upload vid surely isn't, since it's the same file.
HiroyuukiJan 25, 2016 9:13 AM
Jan 25, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2013
Hiroyuuki said:
romagia said:

I did mention earlier that torrent files have usually 'bigger' files, however, I also said that DOWNLOADING (not torrents, just downloading) is the same file size, as it's even the same file you are streaming/downloading, which will have absolutely no differense in file size, not even a single byte.
who downloads those 40 mbit mp4s tho
Jan 25, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
Few episodes of Hi Speed Jecy, random seasonal single episodes and thats it
Jan 25, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2012
I buy and stream all my shit. Gaming is too much of a passion to bother with Anime taking up space on a hard drive.
Jan 25, 2016 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
Sometimes I stream & sometimes I don't.
The volume in every streaming site is too low & I want my watching experience to be loud & clear & no buffering or stuff like that.
I always download interesting Anime or those that I like.
Jan 25, 2016 10:18 AM

Nov 2013
I have around 5 TB of anime, mostly on external HDDs and some burned on DVD. Gotta archive everything.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 25, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2015
I have over 3000 episodes downloaded .I've watched more but I haven't always downloaded and I've also lost some .

So that should be around 250 series ?
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 25, 2016 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Way too many, I have a full 2 TB disk with cartoons.
Jan 25, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2012
At around 10-15 TB atm. Have burned over 500 Blu-ray discs filled with Anime. Some of them have Visual Novels on as well though. (Around 3-4 discs from that).... So yea.... In 20 years when no-one is interested in some obscure anime from now then I'll probably have it..... =(
Jan 25, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
JkayW said:

Dunno about sites but I use a cracked version of IDM (Internet Download Manager) .

Any video on any site is easily downloadable .Anime sites included of course .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 25, 2016 10:36 AM

Oct 2013
I almost always download on principle, so I've downloaded almost my entire anime list, including some on my PTW, On Hold and Dropped lists. So about 100 series excluding shorts, and ~800-900 GB.

I was strapped for space having to live with a measly 1TB external drive, but when HDD prices finally came down after the floods in Thailand I nabbed a 3TBer and bam, my anime folder got out of control.
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Jan 25, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2015
~450 GB atm. I don't have too many a series, but most of my vids are blu-ray rips, so as you can imagine, that takes up some space.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2015
I would impulsively download things if my internet was worth shit. I do have a few movies and hard-to find specials (like Bishoujo Sailor Moon Memorial) and OVA's.

I'm currently in the process of downloading some huge old shoujo collections, started in December and at about 16% now. If only I could torrent on weekdays.
Jan 25, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
Over my lifetime I've downloaded more than 1k - problem is, I've lost terabytes worth of anime multiple times (like recently I lost all the anime I had downloaded and saved to my 2TB external harddrive when it got knocked off my desk)

I currently have 3.369 TB on my computer alone not counting the hundreds of Data CDs I still have as well. I'll be honest, I download less since I can watch a lot on Hulu.
Jan 25, 2016 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
All of the shows I have seen, which is around 2.5TB. I haven't downloaded anything I don't watch, nor have I deleted anything I have watched.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Jan 25, 2016 3:20 PM

Apr 2014
Around 50 of my highest rated series and just as many movies. Used to have a lot more but the external hard disk where I stored everything kinda died and I didn't have the motivation to download everything again. Nowadays I prefer to stream or just get the episode and delete it again after finishing. Saves a lot of headaches for me.
Jan 25, 2016 3:23 PM

Jul 2012
I got nothing. I don't really have a purpose to download shows in the first place as I don't plan on re-watching half the stuff I watch so there's no point in keeping stuff you won't touch ever again. And idc too much about the quality, streams are usually good enough for me.
Jan 25, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2015
I had ~2TBs worth of anime. But then that HDD fried (RIP my friend, you will not be forgotten T_T), so I just gave up. I only have my DVD's now (which I am VERY careful with) and Kissanime.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 25, 2016 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
I always download my anime. My anime folder is 1,24 TB. I haven't seen all of them though. 129 anime
Jan 25, 2016 6:00 PM
Dec 2015
But somebody said that streaming from a site that isn't Netflix, Hulu, or Crunchyroll is considered pirating, even if you don't download.
Jan 25, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2015
None. I just stream, it's just more convenient for me.
Jan 25, 2016 6:20 PM

Mar 2014
The poll is pretty biased.

OT: None. I have better things to download & store on my hard drives instead of lame ass cartoons that I am only going to watch once.

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you even watch anime like how you used to?

removed-user - Yesterday

32 by LucindaTheQueen »»
1 minute ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 9

77 by Sheol01 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you care more about Art or Entertainment?

zaganGao - 58 minutes ago

11 by Sheol01 »»
7 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 )

Cestlavie_ - 8 hours ago

90 by GamerDLM »»
7 minutes ago

» Are you a fan of the Touhou Project series?

DesuMaiden - 4 hours ago

19 by deg »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.