Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 30, 2017 12:47 AM

Oct 2016
ExTemplar said:
flannan said:

Dropped that one at about 1/3 of the episode. It's full of horrible people. Does it get better?
what the hell is wrong with you, who drops so fast

If you don't like it then its better to drop it sooner than later
Jan 30, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2016
I
AdamDCampbell said:
I only watch Onihei and rakugo, I would classify both as decent although Onihei does not seem to go anywhere.

Gintama and KonoSuba i haven't caught up to either of their first respective seasons but I would definitely give Gintama a 8-10.

Well this year looks great, hopefully vento aureo will come out. That would mean 3 greats will run through 2017;
Gintama 2017
Legend of the galactic heroes 2017
Vento aureo 2017

Then there are some other good stuff:
Shingeki no bahamut
Berserk 2017
Hero acedemia s2 (if it lives up to hype)
Reiketsu hen
Natsume yuujinshou roku
Boruto (maybe)

Is Legend of galactic heroes that good ?
Jan 30, 2017 2:40 AM

Jun 2014
Every season of anime is good. I know this to be true.
Jan 30, 2017 2:58 AM

Jul 2013
I'm liking it. Except for some meh shows like Masamune-kun no Revenge or Schoolgirl Strikers, it has been good so far.
Jan 30, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2015
Really ... is garbage for me
Kuzu no honkai is the only worth watching from it
Jan 30, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2014
Nyanko is love
Everything can be skipped, but not Nyanko.
Nyanko is what everybody needs
No Signature or Whatever!
Jan 30, 2017 4:26 AM

Feb 2016
ofc Gintama
LWA from this list, have only seen 1 ep of ACCA so idk about that

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jan 30, 2017 4:29 AM

Nov 2014
Nyanko Days anime of the season!!! XD Seriously though, it's actually not that bad.

Personally, Demi-chan is the most enjoyable so far. I do feel Kuzu no Honkai would be the most interesting and still with the most potential. I do like Youjo Senki.

Masamune-kun has pretty much blown it with the most recent episode, the conclusion to the "Aki arc" (I think? Cause it's a harem?) and transition to the other woman's arc was pretty sloppy.

Also, what's the significance of posting this kind of thread specifically this week? It's not episode 3, the holy grail of people deciding to watch or drop (not really). It's not the first episod. It's not the half way mark. You gonna just post this kinda stuff every week?
BurningSpiritJan 30, 2017 4:32 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 30, 2017 4:36 AM
Apr 2013
Pretty good so far. I started off with Yojou Senki, really impressed with the story, character, animation and frame transitions. Hope it can at least maintain those aspects till the end of the series. Put it another way, it exceeds my expectations.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon and Demi-chan are surprisingly good despite the ever so exciting moe-centric premise.

Little Witch Academia is a mix bag. On one side, it has solid animation and pretty much nothing else...

Masamune is trash as I have expected it to be. OH MY LAWD THIS GIRL BULLIES ME BECAUSE I AM FAT BY THE WILL OF THE GODS I MUST DISTILL MY HATRED BY SEDUCING AND DUMPING HER ON THE ROADSIDE WHEN HER VIRGINITY HAD BEEN TAKEN ALLAHU AKHBAR

I was like yo nigga, whatever happened to those guys pissing at you under the tree every day? Don't you think they are more suitable as targets for your "revenge"?
Jan 30, 2017 4:37 AM

Feb 2016
Youjo Senkai is the only thing I watched so far. And the first 5 minutes of Masamune's revenge. Also why isn't Gintama on here? It became #2 on the Top Anime after the first episode.
Jan 30, 2017 4:39 AM

Mar 2012
As far as the new stuff anyway BanG Dream is the only one that I'm looking forward the most.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 30, 2017 4:43 AM

Oct 2014
Animelia99 said:
I
AdamDCampbell said:
I only watch Onihei and rakugo, I would classify both as decent although Onihei does not seem to go anywhere.

Gintama and KonoSuba i haven't caught up to either of their first respective seasons but I would definitely give Gintama a 8-10.

Well this year looks great, hopefully vento aureo will come out. That would mean 3 greats will run through 2017;
Gintama 2017
Legend of the galactic heroes 2017
Vento aureo 2017

Then there are some other good stuff:
Shingeki no bahamut
Berserk 2017
Hero acedemia s2 (if it lives up to hype)
Reiketsu hen
Natsume yuujinshou roku
Boruto (maybe)

Is Legend of galactic heroes that good ?

Well it kinda is.
Just look at its rank on MAL
Jan 30, 2017 4:43 AM

Apr 2014
ACCA is actually really good, too bad it has a fucking 7.2 rating!
Jan 30, 2017 4:44 AM

Apr 2014
OneNaughtyBear said:
Youjo Senkai is the only thing I watched so far. And the first 5 minutes of Masamune's revenge. Also why isn't Gintama on here? It became #2 on the Top Anime after the first episode.
It's a sequel, probably the reason S2 of Ao no Exorcist isn't on this list either.
Jan 30, 2017 4:45 AM

Nov 2014
worldeditor11 said:
Little Witch Academia is a mix bag. On one side, it has solid animation and pretty much nothing else...

OMG!!! Thank you. Seems a fair assessment of Little Witch Academia. Why are some people so hyped? It's a meaningful project for the industry, but judging the anime alone... it's nothing special.

worldeditor11 said:
Masamune is trash as I have expected it to be. OH MY LAWD THIS GIRL BULLIES ME BECAUSE I AM FAT BY THE WILL OF THE GODS I MUST DISTILL MY HATRED BY SEDUCING AND DUMPING HER ON THE ROADSIDE WHEN HER VIRGINITY HAD BEEN TAKEN ALLAHU AKHBAR

I was like yo nigga, whatever happened to those guys pissing at you under the tree every day? Don't you think they are more suitable as targets for your "revenge"?

It doesn't even make sense anymore, I thought the premise was that he was going to make her confess to him, then reject her. I thought the whole point was to convince her to chase him. But now he admits he like her in her face! How is he going to reject her if he is the one chasing her? They don't even stick to the original premise that made no sense (not that I had a problem with it, it's still a pretty decent plan however weird it is).

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 30, 2017 4:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Urara Meirochou, Youjo Senki, and Masamune-kun are the ones which interest me the most

...and Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans if leftovers are included

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 30, 2017 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
Kuzu no Honkai : interesting (manga readers say it will become a train wreck , lets see )
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon : pretty cute/fun

Masamune-kun no Revenge : dropped , just your typical harem with a garbage tsundere as main love interest (there is no fucking revenge or anything)
Jan 30, 2017 4:56 AM

Mar 2016
Based on that list I enjoyed ACCA so far. Little witch academia comes to the second place. Find Akiba's trip stupid, but it still entertaining. Dropped Kuzu no Honkai, Masamune-kun, Hand Shakers, and Fuuka. And haven't try the rest.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Jan 30, 2017 4:59 AM

Nov 2014
The general quality of shows seems to be ok. Nothing that annoyed me (except Masamune-kun's most recent episode), or anything that screams to be dropped (that one show I've dropped I feel are more personal preference than it being shit).

That said, Gabriel Dropout can be a good comedy. Demi-chan an interesting slice of life. But I'd say only Kuzu no Honkai would be something truly outstanding and remembered.

My MAL Interview
Jan 30, 2017 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
Kemono Friends, aka that one animal girl anime who rivals berserk (manga ofc) in art, awesomeness and quality
Jan 30, 2017 5:13 AM

Jun 2015
worldeditor11 said:
Pretty good so far. I started off with Yojou Senki, really impressed with the story, character, animation and frame transitions. Hope it can at least maintain those aspects till the end of the series. Put it another way, it exceeds my expectations.

Liking Youjo Senki yet calling Masamune trash? OK...

(While it is bad writing, Masamune is taking revenge because he expected main girl to be his ally but betrayed him. Betrayal is a bigger thing than being hated from the start)

OT. Ao no Exorcist and Rakugo so far are good.
Jan 30, 2017 5:20 AM

Apr 2015
Masamune Kun No Revenge,Kobayashi San Chi No Maid And
Kuzu No Honkai Are My Favourites This Season!
Jan 30, 2017 5:25 AM

Mar 2016
The one I'm enjoying the most is Kobayashi-san chi no maid dragon . It's cute, funny, relaxing, got some nice references, and good character bonds . Good animation . Lol there were even some action moments .
Jan 30, 2017 5:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'm honestly not sure but Little Witch Academia, KonoSuba 2, Kuzu no Honkai and Gabriel DropOut are my clear standout four at least. Don't know about the exact order though

Youjo Senki also shows a lot of promise; been getting better with every episode thus far. I'm a bit skeptical about Gintama this season though; seems like mostly typical shounen stuffs rather than comedy this time around which is disappointing
Jan 30, 2017 5:51 AM
Apr 2013
BurningSpirit said:

OMG!!! Thank you. Seems a fair assessment of Little Witch Academia. Why are some people so hyped? It's a meaningful project for the industry, but judging the anime alone... it's nothing special.

Oh, it is special in its own right I will say. It is rarely done in anime where a story was made for the sake of animation and not making animation out of a story.

Brb said:

Liking Youjo Senki yet calling Masamune trash? OK...

You know what they always say, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Brb said:

(While it is bad writing, Masamune is taking revenge because he expected main girl to be his ally but betrayed him. Betrayal is a bigger thing than being hated from the start)

At this point, I don't care anymore.

The revenge will not happen.
Girl will fall in love with under-6 Mr Big Mac champion.
Sprinkles some drama for better seasoning.
Masamune will fall in love with the girl like he did with his Macs before.
Intensive blushing raises question whether they should be hospitalised.
Things getting stale, proceed to add more items to menu.
Enter more love rivals.
Inevitable drama.
MC is confused whether he like Macs, Cheese or Taco
Drama ensues over confusion indecisiveness.
A lot of salty tears being shed for strong flavour.
MC decided that Big Macs is what he likes the best.
Proceed to dump the girl for Big Macs.
I'm lovin it.
The end.
Jan 30, 2017 5:53 AM

Jan 2015
This season is good if you like SOL, otherwise you'll have a bad time
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Jan 30, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
I gotta go with Little Witch Academia. It's just so charming and fun, like a cross between Disney and Harry Potter but you know...it's Trigger.
Jan 30, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
Acca 13 is so far bored the hell out of me. It is so slow paced and full of dialogues, but the plot doesn't have anything to make me interested.

I watched Masamamune for the cliche and expected it to be bad. It did deliver.
For non sequel I guess Onihei is leading so far. It was hit and miss, but at the least there was hit.

Gintama is decent. Rakugo become sports anime but it's not bad yet.

I'm still trying to clear everything else I started from last season. So I haven't trying to add something else from this season yet.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 30, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2014
worldeditor11 said:
BurningSpirit said:

Oh, it is special in its own right I will say. It is rarely done in anime where a story was made for the sake of animation and not making animation out of a story.

I guess you can say it's special in that way. What I meant was that the plot and characters aren't anything special.

My MAL Interview
Jan 30, 2017 9:16 AM

May 2012
This season good, and better than last season

But I think next season will be better, and maybe the best of 2017. We attack on titan 2, Hero academia 2, Dungeon spin-off, Bahamut 2, Granblue Fantasy (2 episodes of this already out), and Berserk 2017 (I like it despite the poor animation). It will be good season for action fans

Angelquasilike said:

KonoSuba, Ao no Exorcist, Little Witch Academia, Youjo Senki, Chain Chronicle (though I'm watching the movies, not TV) are SOL ?!

I don't like SOL myself, but SOL in this season is better than what we usually get
thepathJan 30, 2017 9:27 AM
Jan 30, 2017 9:20 AM

Feb 2016
xopowo said:
Nyanko is love
Everything can be skipped, but not Nyanko.
Nyanko is what everybody needs

Literally this. The only deserving AOTS.

OP has some really fucked up shit taste to rate such garbage with 9 and 10s.
Jan 30, 2017 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
thepath said:
This season good, and better than last season

But I think next season will be better, and maybe the best of 2017. We attack on titan 2, Hero academia 2, Dungeon spin-off, Bahamut 2, Granblue Fantasy (2 episodes of this already out), and Berserk 2017 (I like it despite the poor animation). It will be good season for action fans

Angelquasilike said:

KonoSuba, Ao no Exorcist, Little Witch Academia, Youjo Senki, Chain Chronicle (though I'm watching the movies, not TV) are SOL ?!

I don't like SOL myself, but SOL in this season is better than what we usuall

Most of the ones you mentioned are sequels. There are non SOL animes but a lot of the animes are SOL. I don't mind slice of life myself though just saying
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Jan 30, 2017 9:29 AM
Jul 2016
The anime which I'm absolutely loving this season is Kuzu no Honkai all of u those who haven't seen it watch it ASAP.... Fuuka, Masamune-kun revenge, March comes in like a lion are awesome too this season... And ofc cant wait for AOT and OPM
Jan 30, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2015
ACCA, Konosuba, Maid Dragon, Scums wish and yet the season somehow feels empty to me. Probably because while all the mentioned are decent there is nothing that stands out as really good or innovative.

Maybe Dragon Dentists can save this season?
Jan 30, 2017 10:20 AM
Ribbit

May 2015
I wholly agree! This seasons rocks! If I were to rank the anime this season based off of what I've seen so far: (Note, I will not include series that are continuing from previous seasons, such as Sousei no Onmyouji, 3-gatsu no Lion and a few others)

Akiba's Trip: 6/10 - Meh.
Ao no Exorcist Season 2: 7/10 - Meh. The first season was good.
BanG Dream: 8/10 - Not bad, fun to watch.
Demi-chan wa Kataritai: 10/10 - Demi-chan is so much fun to watch lol. I love it.
Fuuka: 8/10 - Fun to watch, but not particularly awesome.
Gabriel DropOut: 10/10 - Hilarious. Every episode is hilarious.
Granblue Fantasy The Animation: 7/10 - Can't get over the art style but otherwise good.
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: 10/10 - Super funny and fun to watch!
Konosuba Season 2: 10/10 - Super funny, fun to watch, Megumin is in it.
Kuzu no Honkai: 10/10 - Literally the most complicated love tetracontagon I have ever seen, but an excellent anime.
Little Witch Academia TV: 10/10 - I LOVE Little Witch Academia!! My favorite this season by a longshot.
Masamune-kun no Revenge: 10/10 - Fun to watch, I love the characters. Rather generic, but I literally do not care at all.
Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu: 7/10 - Meh. Okay. Just like Long Riders last season.
Nanbaka (2017): 7/10 - Meh.
Nyanko Days: 9/10 - Cute catgirls.
One Room: 9/10 - Similar to how I really like last season's Getsuyoubi no Tawawa, I really like this.
Watashi no Italian: 7/10 - Meh. Somewhat enjoyable.
Rewrite 2: 8/10 - Painful to give it that rating thus far. I loved the first season, this one is kinda meh.
Seiren: 6/10 -

Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season 2: 8/10 - God tier animation, but not super great. If they do some Berseria again, I'll be much happier.
Urara Meirochou: 10/10 - I love this one. Super fun to watch. Chiya rocks!
Youjo Senki: 9/10 - Badass OP Loli. I love it.

Those are all preliminary ratings tho, and I imagine many of them may change by the time each series is finished.
SamfrogJan 31, 2017 7:01 AM
Jan 30, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2010
Merged Gaiga's thread "Season so far"

---

Haven't watched anything yet~
Jan 30, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2016
SenpieX said:
This season is pretty good but there's better anime coming this year (AOT S2, Boku no hero academia, OPM 2 etc) which I can't wait for xP

I up this. I'm really excited! Still need to watch OPM.

"Even if your soul disappears, your wishes and curses remain in this world."
Jan 30, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2012
tragedydesu said:
Kuzu no Honkai : interesting (manga readers say it will become a train wreck , lets see )

Oh you have no idea.

Anyways this season has KonoSuba and Youjo Senki so it's saved already.
Jan 30, 2017 11:30 AM

Aug 2009
Deen saving the season with KonoSuba and Rakugo, everything else is negligible.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 30, 2017 11:34 AM

Feb 2016
I'd say the season is fine.

There are a few 7/10 or even better like SGRS or LWA, but also quite a few 4/10 for me so far. Well, let's see how this'll end.
Jan 30, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2016
ExTemplar said:
I am giving out 9-10 like there is no tomorrow!
God bless Japan.

I'm glad someones's saying it. I tend to be a picky little bitch and I'm still loving a good 7-8 shows this season. Usually I'm lucky if there three I genuinely like.
Jan 30, 2017 11:38 AM
Aug 2011
Is Konosuba worth beyond that "it looks shitty so that's funny" aspect?
Since Deen is my lord and all that, I thought I should maybe cave in.
Jan 30, 2017 11:40 AM
Jan 2016
Animelia99 said:
KonoSuba is popular for sure. Has anyone watched Masamune kun no revenge?

I have read the manga and watched the first 3 episodes of the anime. Honestly, I don't really feel like reliving it again. To me the whole thing is interesting, but rather unpleasant to watch. I'm considering dropping it.
Jan 30, 2017 11:42 AM
Nov 2015
>no battle shounen harem ecchi series
> shit season
Jan 30, 2017 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
Best season by far since I've started watching airing shows. (Only started doing that summer 2015 though) Got 3 rated 10 at the moment, at no point in any of the other seasons did I have anything rated 10. The 10s for the moment being Youjo Senki, Kuzu no Honkai, and Little Witch Academia. Also a good chunk of other shows I'm enjoying.
Jan 30, 2017 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Lol this season is one of/the worst season since I joined mal.
But I'm glad cos I can catch up on good shows.
Jan 30, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
seen zero good anime in this season, yet.
except for Kono Suba
Jan 30, 2017 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
I've been hyping Gabriel Dropout for at least six months. Glad people have given it a chance, it has the potential to be AotY.

As for the rest... yeah, this is actually one of the best seasons in a long time.
Jan 30, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2016
Little Witch Academia is what I absolutely needed in life. So yeah this season is the best I've experienced so far.
(I've only been watching anime since midway Summer 2016 lol)
Jan 30, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
How about we say this season is romantic?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - 6 hours ago

26 by Rally- »»
16 minutes ago

» Who are your Top 10 Favorite Waifus?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

23 by Rally- »»
22 minutes ago

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - Sep 23

77 by LoveYourSmile »»
43 minutes ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 9

74 by 88expert »»
1 hour ago

» "Its better than those Trash Isekai Shows"

BerriesSan - 10 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.