Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jan 13, 2017 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
The director is the same as in Coppelion. No wonder. You can see why both are bad.

I don't know where to start...

I'm sure the story idea sounds cool in the director's head, but the execution is just not good.

I love the visuals, they are very unique, pretty and cool. But can sometimes fall a bit apart a little. Also the faces were sometimes off.

The OST isn't worth anything. A lot of the moments were just silence, talking and sound effects.

I want GoHands to success, but this director is the downfall of the studio.
Jan 13, 2017 3:40 PM

May 2009
Mallony said:
The director is the same as in Coppelion. No wonder. You can see why both are bad.

But why? Coppelion was manga adaptation and was done rather faithfully for small part of adapted volumes.
Jan 13, 2017 6:15 PM
Nov 2010
Great soundtrack, especially if you liked the K soundtrack BUT tries to blend 2d animation with 3d backgrounds and does a very mediocre job at it.
It seems like a lazier version of K.. will probably get the soundtrack and not bother finishing the rest because animation tends to decrease in quality after the first episode..
Jan 13, 2017 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
the amount of animation as like... wow? So much care is put into the bg characters but...
A few seconds in I already just... I cannot keep watching this 8'D
Jan 13, 2017 8:14 PM

Jul 2014
After 5 minutes into the first episode, I have seen more boobs than hands shaking.
Jan 13, 2017 11:16 PM

May 2016
Great animation!!!! This anime couldn't get any better!! I don't know the reason why many people hated it though :/
Jan 14, 2017 1:47 AM

Sep 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
TheBigGuy said:
@EcchiLordMamster

Are people seriously complaining about class prez's boobs, like they did with Ryoka of Occultic;Nine?

BTW nice name.

yea... her and the bondage girl... sexy bondage?????

OMFG HOW DARE THEY... its like the SJW's are in full bloom once again

and people seriously can't concentrate when they see boobs? people have no fucking self control

thank you xD

Look, I don't like SJWs either but raising a criticism about poorly done fanservice doesn't make someone an SJW.

That said, this show's so god damn awful that it isn't even illfitting for there be shit fanservice to go with how bad everything else in it is. Step aside Mars of Destruction. This might just be the new worst anime ever.

Gonna put it on hold until it's all out and I can make a drinking game out of it.
Jan 14, 2017 1:49 AM

Sep 2011
EroKing_AS said:
Hand Shakers?

More like Vagina Stompers lol

BRO!!! BRO!!! BRO!!!!

I literally died laughing at this. Virtual high five bro
Jan 14, 2017 6:27 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

yea... her and the bondage girl... sexy bondage?????

OMFG HOW DARE THEY... its like the SJW's are in full bloom once again

and people seriously can't concentrate when they see boobs? people have no fucking self control

thank you xD

Look, I don't like SJWs either but raising a criticism about poorly done fanservice doesn't make someone an SJW.

That said, this show's so god damn awful that it isn't even illfitting for there be shit fanservice to go with how bad everything else in it is. Step aside Mars of Destruction. This might just be the new worst anime ever.

Gonna put it on hold until it's all out and I can make a drinking game out of it.

i really don't know what to say other than i just don't think it looks as bad as people are claiming... again, the only thing that truly bothered me was the constant camera movement
Jan 14, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2012
It was very average for a first episode. This anime has K vibes, but the animation was not smooth at all. Sometimes, it's was hard to understand what happened.
The Bind's chains were weird too because the CGI didn't fit with the show. I hope we will not see her too long because the ecchi scene were pointless.

But the musics are very good like in K :)
Jan 14, 2017 1:21 PM
Jan 2012
Wow 19:47 - 20:10 there is a substantial FPS Drop... in a damn Anime....

And yes, I had to watch the first 3 mins about 5 times to be able to ignore the Animation quality and actually read the subtitles...

Wow, just Wow
Nyan!
Jan 14, 2017 2:29 PM

Jul 2016
I felt weird with this episode...

The animation wasn't good, it was weird. I liked the chatacters. Fanservice was... wtf.

I'll keep watching to see if I drop it or not, everyone deserves a chance~. Also this is just tne first ep, maybe in the next episodes it will improve~
Jan 14, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2016
Im not like it at all nut im not gonna drop it. Maybe there is a chance for this anime.
Jan 14, 2017 5:03 PM

May 2013
Holy shit my eyes, feel a little dizzy with the weird animation switching between 2D and 3D . Also what's up with the camera work it felt like the cameramen was drunk.

Story wise,Fucking shit ..So he likes to fix watches ??! Srsly dropped
Jan 15, 2017 3:19 AM

Oct 2013
Super shit show... dropped
Jan 15, 2017 9:57 AM

Feb 2014
Camera shakers.. dropped. I value my eyes' health
Jan 15, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2014
Omg I simply love the design of the visual and the soundtrack themes. Both mixed reminds me very well of K: Project, absolutely fantastic! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 15, 2017 11:38 PM
Oct 2016
Aside from the terrible CG, the animation was smooth, however I'm afraid I can't say the same for the dialogues, they just did not flow correctly and felt a bit unnatural. Also, the characters seemed as generic as it gets. All in all, I don't think I'm gonna be watching this any further.
(Sorry for any possible english mistakes)
Jan 16, 2017 3:58 AM

Oct 2015
I had a bad expectation when I watched the first episode but to be honest it was pretty interesting. It had weird camera angles but there were some scenes that I liked. The CGI chains were ugly to look at though. Anyways looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 16, 2017 4:57 AM
Jan 2017
What is with the shading and the CGI just messes with the shading.
Jan 16, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2014
The weird camera angles was shown off in like the first few minutes of the second season of Seitokai Yakuindomo, with some CGI. It certainly didn't look this jarringly bad.

I'm pretty sure this is shit, but I'm watching this purely for the lolz
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 16, 2017 1:43 PM
Jan 2012
BurningSpirit said:
I'm pretty sure this is shit, but I'm watching this purely for the lolz

/Looks at Avatar/
/Looks at Anime List/

Don't waste your time on this .... Go watch Kinmoza :D

(This post couldn't be anymore OT)

-----------------

As mentioned before, Frame Rate Drop, Terrible camera work, Horrible CGI and utterly meaningless bondage scenes. I've watched hentai better than this... (Quite a few in fact)
Nyan!
Jan 16, 2017 4:43 PM

Jun 2015
Wow. That episode was actually kind of impressive in how bad it was.

That was the most terrible piece of CGI I've seen in recent anime.
The chains were all over the place, using the most unfitting shading, and the tracking was awful (3D objects glitching and hovering all over the place). And don't even get me started on that poorly chosen credit font animation in the beginning, it's just obstructing the view of the rather pretty background scenery.

I don't understand how some people can keep using realistic-ish shading in a toon/cell-shaded scene. In 99% of all cases, it looks plain horrible.

Instant-drop for terrible artstyle and unoriginal plot.
Jan 17, 2017 10:09 AM
Aug 2013
people are complaining about the CGI animation but the characters are all hand drawn??!?!?!
Like please appreciate the details animators put into. it's so damn difficult for such complicated character designs to animate. HAND DRAWN!!!

The background 3D is gorgeous though I must admit the 3D chains looks too sharp and weird
Jan 17, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2016
tanerl said:
people are complaining about the CGI animation but the characters are all hand drawn??!?!?!
Like please appreciate the details animators put into. it's so damn difficult for such complicated character designs to animate. HAND DRAWN!!!

The background 3D is gorgeous though I must admit the 3D chains looks too sharp and weird
just because it's difficult to make shit-flavored hamburger, doesn't mean it's not shit
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 17, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
It´s litterally the worst thing I´ve ever seen. I am not exaggerating.
Jan 18, 2017 2:16 AM

May 2009
AnimeXHunter said:
It´s litterally the worst thing I´ve ever seen. I am not exaggerating.

Now try Kemono Friends.
Jan 18, 2017 6:33 AM
Jul 2015
For those who have said things along the lines of "People who want animes with serious tones are just elitists who want content to be mature like them".
Thank you for giving me one of the best laughs of this month.
So wanting to watch something serious/mature makes you an elitist? Just because the medium is anime? I guess you learn something new everyday.
I have a question then: What does wanting tities/panties (Fanservice) in any anime make you? What does enjoying an anime 80% more as long as there is fanservice in it make you? My guess is sex obsessed/sexually frustrated immature people who also need everything to be dumbed down for their understanding.
Am I close?
Jan 18, 2017 9:22 AM

Feb 2013
what the hell i just see...

wkwkwkw

is that neko? or her loli version, ?!?!?

im always have thing for action stories, whatever other ppl say, the art, sound, its fine i like the jazzy thing from this one just like K, i already develop some kind of resist to this kind visualization,its not make headache, the stories does, but gonna wait few eps more , ussually the more eps i watch the headache from 'understanding' the stories gonna lessen, *not apply to mahou sensou (im just watch it not read the LN) that sure give me a lot headache*

it true that it have poor quality, its blur at some point, the colour aren't sharp enough,the camera movement isn't smooth, but hey, it tv series not BlueRay, don't compared it with something comes from ufotable. if in blueray stil 'poor' that the problem
Jan 18, 2017 7:55 PM

Mar 2016
I can see why people say it's bad but once you get used to the CGI it really isn't as bad as people say it is; here are the issues I have with this show:
1. the treatment of that girl is just wtf, she's basically a dog for that guy
2. i think the concept of holding hands is pretty retarded tbh, and how if you let go the girl dies
3. there are plotholes, why did their hairs turn white, what's the point of a handshaker? Also it was kind of random seeing how the MC just goes to the professors room and discover that shit...

Honestly I don't agree with a 5.2 for a rating but maybe more the lines of a 6
Jan 18, 2017 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
I've watched this with a friend of mine and honestly, that episode wasn't as bad as people are saying "like pretty damn abysmal", but overall it's pretty bad.

I can agree at the very least and still stay with it, the 2D and 3D blend doesn't work well along with the filters and background colors, it makes my eyes feel like I'm watching a flashy movie or something coming from Michael Bay if that makes sense, it just hurts.

The story in itself is bad because how it was actually executed, it doesn't actually give you any small explanation, neither does it give you a brief idea of the world, everything seems like thrown off here and there and it doesn't let me grasp it as a viewer, especially with the backstory being completely forced because there's no way to relate to the main character nor a reason for us to care, and it is pretty much on a different level honestly because, I feel like I just do not care and at the same time, the entire idea is kinda stupid, especially with the girl of the opposing side.

How in the fuck can the girl survive if she's part of the Hand Shakers at the very least with the other guy? Like, isn't that a plot hole in itself?

Of course I think it's not the worst show I've seen this season, maybe it would be, but it's just bad. That's all.

Note: By not bad it's more of, it's not really the worst I've seen but at the same time it's not that good honestly.
removed-userJan 18, 2017 10:01 PM
Jan 18, 2017 7:58 PM

Mar 2016
^that would be me LOL
Jan 18, 2017 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Rin_Kitsune said:
^that would be me LOL

Lol Yes c:

xD But anyway, yeah it isn't as bad as people are saying but, it's quite bad for me honestly. :T
Jan 19, 2017 3:07 AM

Jan 2010
I'm I the only one who is fucking amazed by the anime's visuals? I think everything was made in a specific way to distinguish the anime from whatever else we've seen before, I don't even see it as bad, to me it was intentionally made to look fucking outrages which gives it its charm. I'm seriously watching this only because I can't get enough of the visuals and the crazy camera angels/movement.
Kodomo_RJan 19, 2017 3:11 AM
Jan 20, 2017 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
The visuals are perfect but I don't get what the fucking hell's going on with this show and it's full of moans and noisy sfx!
2/5.

Jan 20, 2017 5:33 AM
Mar 2012
Cam moves a bit much, tho less than Tabootatoo.
Title sequence was terrible, dont but fast action + fast camera behind giant credits text. 3d chains was the worst part, didn't "mesh" with anything else. But most of the other 3d/2d mix were fairly good. Ambitious with lots of drawn faces, moving pov. Some of the best animated crowd characters, each had detail & doing something specific. There's a lot of frames, with 2s on some faster shots. The lab equipment detail is awesome. But some 3d battle arenas look terribly empty with no detail.

Everyone looks pretty with fancy hair, esp false-InoriKoyori really cute. Bg & art overal almost as beautiful as Kabaneri, was expecting a trainwreck but so far seem quite straightforward. Much physics on those oversized chests like Occultic;nine tho.
Masaru seems ok but too much banal monologue. We get it u confused, just do the mc thing & learn.
Villain looks like Homura leader, but more messed up.
Wait only they can't let go of hands? Besides the generic battle schoolboy, interesting setup to require holding hands or she dies (& reminding of his ded imouto).

They're experimenting with a newer mixed artstyle with cg & lots of handdrawn. Whether it works or not it's worth pushing their boundaries. Plebs who think it's the worst cg evar can watch Naria girls, Kemono Friends or Rewrite.

I don't expect good plot with how random they just start fighting w/o purpose in some parallel world, but maybe good enough if it entertains. Ok read the synopsis, sounds like NGNL, beat all the pairs to challenge god. The Mesopotamian theme has a bit potential with nimrod, ziggurat/babel tower etc. At least it's not celtic stuff again.
Jan 22, 2017 6:47 AM

Oct 2015
The animation was so distracting that I couldn't keep up with the subtitles, If it gets dubbed I may try it again.
Jan 22, 2017 12:58 PM

Feb 2013
Better than expected, but still just average-ish. The music reminded me of K. The CG combined with "real" images certainly gives this anime a unique art style.

Chain-girl seemed to be enjoying herself...
Jan 22, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2017
Personally, I thought it was headache-inducing due to the visuals (overuse of CGI and 3D). It was alright but I thought the animation was really stiff and the CGI doesn't blend in well (it really stands out)

Nue is best Touhou
Jan 23, 2017 7:53 AM

Oct 2011
Schenfel said:
I usually watch an anime until the episode 3 to decide if I'll continue or not, but... I don't think I'll do this with Hand Shakers. One episode was enough for me to dislike it really bad.
The soundtrack was good, but I don't know what the hell they wanted to do with the animation, my head started to hurt in a few seconds. And I don't think that was a great way to start an anime that wasn't written "THIS IS AN ECCHI" with all letters.
I just can't. Got my first drop of the season.
exactly this. Haven't dropped an anime this fast, ever.
Jan 24, 2017 2:53 AM

Apr 2015
i actually like the characters design in this anime, they look cool
also, the landscape picture kinda cool too, it just too much CGI, weird camera movement, make the characters didn't blend so well with the background... so weird...
that explosion reminds me to Mighty no.9 Pizza explosion lol
Bind... OMG... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it looks like Guilty Crown though when MC get a sword made of gears... lol
michaelh19Jan 24, 2017 2:57 AM
Jan 24, 2017 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
I was actually looking forward to this before it aired.
But then came to see how it turned out badly and I wasn't disappointed lol.
Well they tried to make a nice intro but it's quite messy for me tbh.
All the awkward use of camera angle was way too frequent that is gave me a headache.
The story of boy meets girl changes everyday life into a battle royale ehh pretty cliche.
Those load of chains can't even catch two kids wow just wow.
Sudden power up turns the tide nothing new either.
I'll say the ost is the only thing bearable seriously.
Pres Riri's plot is just holy shet. o_O xD

Jan 26, 2017 1:15 PM

Oct 2012
Hur-hur, my sword is bigger than your chain! Nimrod, Babel, Ziggurat.. Hand-shaker, are you?!!

Guess I way too old for this, if this was an introduction to the story, someone did pretty bad job.
Not to mention I really don't like this hyper-realistic CG and photo backgrounds, it didn't go well with skippy hand-drawn characters.
Constantly shaking camera just added to my disgust of this show's art direction.

Add in some fanservice to lure the viewers, moning heroine and boob physics... how worse it can get? Oh, right, the story! Grab in every cliche you remember and fullfil your chuunibyou dreams!

Really, there was no worth in this. I can't admit I'm maybe tiny little bit interested in main heroine and her background (then again she was the most likeable only because she didn't talk) but the rest of the episode was bad. Elementary school bad.
Jan 29, 2017 1:27 PM

Nov 2016
The chain bondage girl was slightly awkward and the main antagonist guy I'll probably forget about once I finish this anime. The animation of the chains is awful but I think that the trippy parts were kind of cool, especially in the hospital room with the fishes and the wall colours. Very interesting. The music is pretty chill too. Pretty shitty plot though. 2/5
Jan 31, 2017 7:08 PM

Jul 2015
Lol what did I just watch. Not really a fan of the animation, but the story wasn't as bad as other people said. So 'Break and Bind's' power activates when the girls moans? nice

caught in the wonder
Feb 3, 2017 3:33 PM

Mar 2016
Not sure if I'm gonna be able to deal with these weird camera effects & CGIs. My take on those is that you REALLY gotta enjoy them to appreciate the show... Which isn't quite my case, I must say.

Main plot seems okay-ish I guess. That bondage scene tho...

Some drawings look pretty odd as well. At least the characters are cute.
So yeah, in overall this is kinda so-so... Expecting some improvement.
Feb 5, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
I got physically ill by watching this. The warping of the screen and the movements of the camera actually gave me vertigo. There were some moments were I thought I would have a seizure!
this show might be good or bad I have no idea, but it is unwatchable.
Feb 6, 2017 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
I think we just found our Big Order trainwreak anime of the season right here.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Feb 7, 2017 4:55 PM

Apr 2016
From this episode alone, this has got the be the worst anime I have ever seen. I'm gonna rip this fucker to shreds...
CodeBlazeFateMay 2, 2018 6:39 AM
Feb 10, 2017 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
I'm confused and quite a bit disgusted.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2017

82 by Jerikama »»
Sep 16, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

75 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.