Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
OMFG!!!!!!!! I can't believe this is happening... I'm just so shocked... this is totally making up for my shitty day oO

Pichit reaction was the best ever! Thank you for representing us fangirls xD

And that ending!!!
Dec 7, 2016 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
That was a nice and relaxing episode.The exchanging ring part was just gold even though it wasn't a wedding xD
Dec 7, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
Seriously, oh my god... I don't like watching bl/shounen ai (or whatever they call this) but when I do it's great. This anime is constantly surpassing my expectations, episode by episode.
I just love this anime.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)

Jun 2015
Dunk Yuri started this all without knowing it. Next episode is going to be so good.
:)

Oct 2014
SchwingBoner said:
Didn't expect Yuuri to be this wild when he's drunk.
So it was Yuuri who seduced Victor.

The signs were there all along.

OMG YES!!! XD XD XD
Dec 7, 2016 1:19 PM

Sep 2016
The ED was hilarious.
Hearing Viktor calling it an engagement ring was satisfying.
Dec 7, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2007
The ending killed me. :DDDDD Literally. OMFG. Drunk Yuri is priceless. xDDDDD
Dec 7, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2016
KuroYume-96 said:
hmmm…why was there a pole (that doesn't look like a pillar) in the middle of the room?
it's not a real party if there isn't a pole ;)
Dec 7, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2010
thirstyforlemon said:
KuroYume-96 said:
hmmm…why was there a pole (that doesn't look like a pillar) in the middle of the room?
it's not a real party if there isn't a pole ;)

hehehehe…fair enough ;)

guess Chris goes by that motto too XD
Dec 7, 2016 1:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Welcome to Barcelona, boys!!!
Dec 7, 2016 1:23 PM
Sep 2015
The ED reminds me of The Hangover movies hehehehe XD

OK Victuri is canon, bye Felipe!

engagement goals af :3
YuckydiyuckDec 7, 2016 2:18 PM
Dec 7, 2016 1:26 PM

Dec 2013
YURI ON ICE IS GONNA KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3 <3 <3
Dec 7, 2016 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
Something gold and round..
Dec 7, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2015
So much narration... but at least it's coming from Vktor's perspective.

Scene between Viktor and Yurio near the beach was really good. In fact, it was probably my favorite scene in the entire show (so far).

I liked the lining for those still shots in the ED.

Not much to say. Uh, after I disregard my general reaction of "Wow, that's gay"

Edit: Forgot about those ending lines. They recontextualized everything. WOW
PartyuDec 8, 2016 12:04 PM
Dec 7, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2010
weebna said:
YES I AGREE WITH THIS, I LOVE THEM

I want this team to make a story with two girls next. Lesbians in anime also need something solid and real that is missing since Utena. Too much garbage pandering shallow shows.
Dec 7, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2012
talewind said:
I'm going to go crawl under a rock and die of secondhand embarrassment for Yuuri.
omg same. At first it was hilarious BUT THEN HE GOT IN HIS UNDERWEAR. And the strip pole?!
Omg how has no one mentioned that until now? I'd imagine that'd be on the news or something lol.

I'm predicting that Yuri probably won't win gold (as much as I like him I just don't see it with his competition), but he'll stay a figure skater until he does for that marriage.
Dec 7, 2016 1:30 PM

Jun 2013
So after tearing up at Victor and Yuri's beautiful and sweet relationship!
They make me tear up from laughing so hard at the credits!
10/10 episode!
Dec 7, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
Thess said:
weebna said:

I want this team to make a story with two girls next. Lesbians in anime also need something solid and real that is missing since Utena. Too much garbage pandering shallow shows.

I recommend you to watch Flip Flappers then! It seems random at first but stay patient with it! :)
Dec 7, 2016 1:35 PM

May 2016
KashiBien said:
I wonder how people will try to no homo that one...

oh no they just got married to prove their FRIENDSHIP, they are JUST BROS!!! BROS WHO GET MARRIED AND KISS AND SAY THEY WANT TO STAY WITH EACH OTHER FOREVER JUST BROS
Dec 7, 2016 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
OH WOW. Didn't see that coming. So Yuuri was the one who seduced Victor first? Wow. I can't say I'm happy about that but I guess I just have to digest it first. And Victor had no idea up until now that Yuuri does not remember? xD This is so awkward, for both Victor and Yuuri. Would Victor have come to Japan if Yuuri hadn't asked him to be his coach before? Wasn't he confused because Yuuri was so (in lack of a better word) shy in the beginning? God, this episode killed me. That party was definitely the highlight of this episode for me (yes, I liked it more than their engagement xD) and it just makes you look at everything that happened up to this point in a different light. It explains why Yurio was so mad at Yuuri from the beginning. I love this development! <3

One of the funniest episodes so far. Finally, I've also come to not dislike JJ. :-) The interactions between all of the skaters are so nice to watch and I'm really looking forward to next week! Gonna cheer for them all but of course our beloved Katsudon has to win! Otherwise no marriage and that would be devastating!
Dec 7, 2016 1:36 PM

Aug 2016
Drunk Yuri is sexy af 😍 damn those killer abs hahaha 😘

*trying to remaim calm* it's just goodluck charm rings. yep. just goodluck charm rings. i might die from happiness. yep. (*inner demon whispers -- no, it's an engagement ring*)....Kyaaaaaaaa! 👬

So JJ is out for Yurio shipping. Otabek X Yurio! Woooo!

and who would have thought that Drunk Yuri was the first one to make a move, I thought Victor only took an interest to Yuri because of the Video that was posted by the triplets, oh well, Hoping for more Yuri X Victor lovey dovey moments!
Dec 7, 2016 1:37 PM

Aug 2015
Even without any skating, this episode was still great. The credits were fucking hilarious and I love how much camera phones and social media play a part in this series.
Dec 7, 2016 1:38 PM
Sep 2015
what a good time to be alive.

I thought fans were exaggerating about phichit shipping vikturi but this episode just proves it loool

I'm so glad that viktor said the rings are engagement rings. I thought they weren't going to talk about the rings (like how the kiss was never brought up again..sigh)

Now i hope yoi is wrapped up nicely by the ending. Three more weeks :')
Dec 7, 2016 1:39 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was definitely the weakest episode thus far, felt kind of like filler tbh

Those rings though......
Dec 7, 2016 1:39 PM

Nov 2010
Thess said:
weebna said:

Yayoi on Fire? :P

That's actual women's name so that would work nicely lol ^^;
Dec 7, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2008
This episode! This freaking episode!!!
THEY GOT ENGAGED!

AND I SHIP YURIO WITH OTABEK!

AND OMG DRUNK YURI AND DID VICTOR SERIOUSLY FELL IN LOVE WITH YURI RIGHT THEN AND THERE?

I can't contain myself right now! XD

Oct 2009
ok they getting married and they should adopt a kid (me)

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books

Feb 2012
Wow, after this episode I will definitely rewatch the show (probably when the whole thing comes out), because the revelation of Yuuri not remembering his wild seduction of Victor changes so many things.
Also, I have so many feels about the beachside scene. My love for Victor knows no bounds. //dries tears
Dec 7, 2016 1:43 PM
Aug 2015
fuck the ED

i mean, yuri is pretty damn sexy

FCKK why are they so cute, the ringsss T.TTT
Dec 7, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
Dec 7, 2016 1:46 PM

Aug 2016
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 7, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
woow I'm really surprised ! I was wanting them to be canon, but that much ? :o
Anyway it's nice to see the characters out of the competition a little, I liked it a lot !

Also, loved the scene between Yurio and Victor, I think we need more of those, I want to know more about their relationship
Dec 7, 2016 1:50 PM

Sep 2010
How are we supposed to wait another week for the next episode after this...
Dec 7, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2016
PLAY THIS ON MY BIRTHDAY,WEDDING, FUNERAL...EVERYDAY. JUST..THE ENTIRE THING..OVER AND OVER AGAIN...
Sorry I just...I will never get over this show fking kill me
Dec 7, 2016 1:51 PM
Feb 2009
yuuri is good at pole dancing. can you believe all of this happened 1 year ago and Victor fell in love with yuuri before becoming his coach! Can you believe yuri actually asked him to be his coach ! Can you believe they danced during that scene before getting to know each other. ♥ I really want to buy the blu ray
Dec 7, 2016 1:55 PM
Sep 2015
I'm low-key salty about JJ's engagement, because I wanted him to remain as the playboy of YOI *pouts*
Why are they goals af??? ;_____;
Dec 7, 2016 1:57 PM

Nov 2010
That ending actually changes things up a lot since it means that Viktor know about Yuri before his video went viral. Yuri didn't remember interacting with Viktor especially like doing couple dances with him and asking him to be his coach lol. But Viktor must have been surprised when Yuuri got flustered about his flirting and avoided him in the beginning lol.

Also it might mean that Viktor was if not in love with Yuuri, but had at least interested of him a while before flying to become his coach. So it wasn't quite that impulsive decision as it seemed.
Dec 7, 2016 1:57 PM

May 2009
THAT ENDING THOOO
Dec 7, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2008
Oh gawd!!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement/marriage, Viktor and Yuri!!

That ED! Yuri and Chris killed it on the pole! I do believe I died and went to Shounen Ai heaven for a bit.

So, it was a drunk Yuri that started it all? Brilliant!!

I'm going to watch this again, and again, and again, and again...
Hannah_AnaDec 7, 2016 2:21 PM
Dec 7, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2016
SOOOOOOOO YAY <3 I wonder if S2 can come now thou 2 eps left and we wait
Dec 7, 2016 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
SakurasouBusters said:
FallenEntity said:
victor's commentary over this episode was hilarious I really enjoyed how he introduced each character as well as give a little backstory. loved the part where jj's fans were arguing with yuri's fans. I will say this though was not aware of just how persistent yuri's fans really are until they started sniffing for his trail.

I am so happy for them <3

was not expecting this so soon was hopping it would happen by the finals. oh those bastards they knew what they were doing when they made that scene, the rings, the music, taking place in a church, making it the perfect setting for a wedding. as if this show doesn't tease that enough now there just toying with us and I love them for that.

don't add real life logic into this, anime has it's own rules real life rules don't apply to anime. also just let us have this don't try to ruin something beautiful.

Good point, overthinking it i guess. And im not trying to ruin it, as i said, i find this to be very nice.

buuuut gay marriage is legal in Barcelona ;))
teaknightDec 7, 2016 2:17 PM
Dec 7, 2016 2:14 PM

Sep 2010
SakurasouBusters said:
I recommend you to watch Flip Flappers then! It seems random at first but stay patient with it! :)

I'll take your advice. Thanks.
Dec 7, 2016 2:15 PM

Oct 2009
Thess said:
weebna said:
honestly I'm so not a fan of shounen ai or yaoi but VICTUURI IS SO CUTE GRUSBGRSOGB IM SO HAPPY FOR THEM

I'm not fan of BL either, but I enjoy relationships with legitimate tenderness and chemistry of any gender. Yuuri and Viktor lack the forced archetypes of generic relationships (BL, like yuri and hetero romance have them). That's why they are enjoyable.

well said my dear Sir/Maam!
Dec 7, 2016 2:18 PM
Feb 2009
Yuuri literally is engaged to his idol because of getting blackout drunk at a banquet…that's a wild story to tell about how he met his husband
Dec 7, 2016 2:19 PM
Feb 2015
damn this is falling apart for me
Dec 7, 2016 2:23 PM
Apr 2015
AHHH! I AM LITERALLY THE HAPPIEST LITTLE BEAN NOW. I HAVE SO MUCH HAPPY ENERGY THAT I'VE BEEN RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS SCREAMING (AND PROBABLY SCARING ANYONE WITHIN A 100 FT RADIUS). IT HAPPENED!!!!
Dec 7, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2015
Oh my god! Okay, it's happening!
Everybody stay calm!
Everybody stay calm!
Stay fucking calm!
Everybody just fuck the calm down!
Dec 7, 2016 2:27 PM

Apr 2012
Okay, tbh I'm not 100% sure that they aren't just trolling us fangirls.... I mean seriously... an engagement? On tumblr we all were like '"Yeah it's gonna be a ring" but hell noone thought it actually was gonna be a ring. xDD What the hell. And also those pictures at the end... a liiiiiitle too much I say. xD
But anyway I fangirled through this episode so hard that I need to rest a little now. xDD
Hilarious, absolutely hilarious. But also somehow... intense. The scene with Victor and Yurio at the end, and also Yuuri's face while he was walking to the final. Ah maaaan I love this anime so much it gives me so many feels. ><
Dec 7, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2015
Ok, again I have to be that one person in this thread: there were no romantic feelings involved in this episode. Not at all.

Kudos to the director to be a master of teasing. But no. Just no. This episode was the perfect example to show how they play everything 'romantic' as a joke. Just look how the whole tone changes when they bring the marriage thing up. Even in-universe they don't take it seriously. No gay-marriage, sorry. I totally doubt that there's love involved between Yuri and Victor. The ring is a token of appreciation. The narration made it clear.

Nonetheless it was an interesting episode. I really like Otabek. And the Yuri Plisetsky fangirls are quite an accurate representation of the YOI fandom.

9/10.

P.S.: I'm convinced Chris is gay. 100%.
Dec 7, 2016 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty entertaining episode, I hope every competitor does his best.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

194 by phantom346 »»
Aug 28, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2016

201 by phantom346 »»
Aug 27, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2016

290 by phantom346 »»
Aug 24, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

388 by Punkero »»
Aug 16, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

207 by phantom346 »»
Aug 14, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.