Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2016 7:19 PM
Apr 2014
call me a fcking weeb or a fujioshi but that kiss scene had me screaming
i love everything about this show probably going to draw fanart of the two...
Nov 17, 2016 7:27 PM

Dec 2008
This anime is such a tease LOl.
Nov 17, 2016 7:46 PM

Nov 2013
I read an interview of Junichi Suwabe (VA of Viktor) that the kiss scene was intentionally cut like that to make it pass censorship laws...Yuri on Ice is apparently broadcast in the daytime in Japan, so even this kind of content is a bit controversial (in their eyes I guess).

Make of that what you will ;)
Nov 17, 2016 8:05 PM
Nov 2016
Charcanis said:
I read an interview of Junichi Suwabe (VA of Viktor) that the kiss scene was intentionally cut like that to make it pass censorship laws...Yuri on Ice is apparently broadcast in the daytime in Japan, so even this kind of content is a bit controversial (in their eyes I guess).

I guess we can hope that the DVD has the intended version. (please) I want to see them kiss so bad.
Nov 17, 2016 8:46 PM
Feb 2009
they kissed

❝ IS IT JUST MY IMAGINATION, OR DID IT FEEL LIKE THIS WEEK’S EPISODE OF NIGEHAJI [WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTERS FINALLY KISSED] SYNCHRONIZED WITH SOMETHING…? ❞
- Kubo Mitsurou, the creator of YOI, just after the episode aired this week (x)
Nov 17, 2016 9:54 PM
Jan 2016
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY DIDN'T KISS AND IT WAS A HUG!??!!?
PLUS I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE EXCITED OVER THIS EPISODE IT DISAPPOINTED ME... IF UR INTO THAT READ YAOI.
Nov 17, 2016 10:19 PM

Aug 2012
More than the kiss scene, I like when Viktor ran. I will make gifs of Viktor Nikiforov running forever. Run run run~

Because honestly, it tugged on my heartstrings.
Nov 17, 2016 10:31 PM

Sep 2015
All the programs were cool but I liked the first one with the story of the assassin.
Nov 18, 2016 12:29 AM
Jun 2008
Charcanis said:

Kiss was confirmed :) But the only thing is I keep hearing various times about the show. I thought it aired at 4:00 am so they don't have to worry about the censor. I still think it is the creator having fun with not showing us a zoomed close up.
Nov 18, 2016 12:44 AM

Aug 2016
words cannot explain how fking wonderful this episode was
Nov 18, 2016 12:45 AM

May 2016
Charcanis said:

Where did you read it?
Nov 18, 2016 12:56 AM
Nov 2016
It happened! It happened! This is not a drill!!
Nov 18, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2015
Ep 7 was my favourite episode so far, it showed how Yuri has a strong will and the coach-mentor relationship between Victor and Yuri is just admirable!!
hassherNov 24, 2016 4:30 PM
Nov 18, 2016 3:54 AM
Feb 2016
FML a i can't delive it
Nov 18, 2016 4:17 AM

Mar 2014
That loving gaze after the end was so moving though. Absolutely loved this episode and all the choreographies.

Maidenaya said:
Charcanis said:

Kiss was confirmed :) But the only thing is I keep hearing various times about the show. I thought it aired at 4:00 am so they don't have to worry about the censor. I still think it is the creator having fun with not showing us a zoomed close up.

Nice. I just hope they kiss again in the future eps without any censorship, there's really no reason for it.
Nov 18, 2016 4:20 AM

Sep 2011
Charcanis said:

Citation needed sir
Nov 18, 2016 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that this is a show which is not tagged as yaoi and is not queerbaiting? There are two male characters with romantic feelings, their relationship has developed, it is not shallow and it is not the sole focus of the show. The characters have many traits apart from their sexual preferences. I don't know if there are other anime with a main same sex couple that are not labeled as shounen ai/ yaoi. In case there are and I don't know them, they must be very scarce..
Anyway, kudos to the studio and the writers, it makes me really happy to see lgbt representation in this medium done right. I hope this anime does well in sales so that other series can be made in a similar way.
Nov 18, 2016 4:37 AM

Sep 2016
fillings said:
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY DIDN'T KISS AND IT WAS A HUG!??!!?
PLUS I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE EXCITED OVER THIS EPISODE IT DISAPPOINTED ME... IF UR INTO THAT READ YAOI.

What is "that"? If by "that" you mean cute and realistic relationships (never seen one in a yaoi) between two people of any gender than yes, I'm into "that" :)

Charcanis said:

Source?
Nov 18, 2016 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
Charcanis said:

omg where da sauce at--
Nov 18, 2016 8:05 AM

Apr 2015
Charcanis said:

Not sure on what station it airs in the daytime; on TV Asahi it airs at 00:21, and I was able to confirm on BS Asahi's schedule they're running it at 01:00.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 18, 2016 8:40 AM

Nov 2013
THE BEST SHIT EVER! THAT KISS!

( next episode has my boy Yuri being aggressive looool )
Nov 18, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
weebna said:
Amazing episode once again.

I liked that Yuuri didn't get the first place because even though he is my favorite, Phichit performance didn't have any fall like Yuuri but of course Yuuri's perfomance was better than the others so second place had to go to him.

This was such an emotional part..... Poor Yuuri! But I'm glad everything ended up being fine and we even got a "kiss" .......... I mean, like I said before Im not a fan of yaoi or shounen ai but if you're gonna put them kissing at least let us see it properly hahah

This scene made me tear.

I'm sure the kiss was censored due to a censorship law in japan. (or not.)
DenzRuiDec 10, 2016 3:26 AM
Nov 18, 2016 8:56 AM
Dec 2015
YURI HAD ME CRYING OMG
Nov 18, 2016 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
@those in denial: Kubo confirmed Victor and Yuri kissed and yes, it was first kiss. In the tweet she said something like “Is it just me or something synchronized with Nigehaji this week?”. Nigehaji is a current airing drama on Japan, the main characters just kissed for the very first time. She was subtle but clear enough to make us understand the message.
Nov 18, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
Helenus said:
I assume this "kiss" will join the anime hall of fame as the "most debated over 'kiss' in history".

Btw I think Yuri's emotional outburst was far more impressing than the so called 'kiss'.

https://twitter.com/kubo_3260/status/798945769747120133

kubo confirmed it was a kiss
TyrelNov 19, 2016 5:05 PM
Nov 18, 2016 10:10 AM

Mar 2015
scarredfiend said:
Helenus said:
I assume this "kiss" will join the anime hall of fame as the "most debated over 'kiss' in history".

Btw I think Yuri's emotional outburst was far more impressing than the so called 'kiss'.

kubo confirmed it was a kiss, lmao btfo. the only people still debating this are the annoying contrarians here.

She didn't. I read her statement (the translated part at least). And she didn't say expressis verbis that it was a kiss. She made an analogy to a show she watches (were somebody kissed). Nothing more. Nothing less.

And btw: at least show the courtesy to translate twitter posts you refer to. Thanks.
Nov 18, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
That Russian guy what's with his costume! I thought it was weird last episode but it's even weirder in this one. He's so funny.

The kiss, this was strange but not as strange as all the fuss made it appear. Yaoi fans have to relax.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 18, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Helenus said:
scarredfiend said:

kubo confirmed it was a kiss, lmao btfo. the only people still debating this are the annoying contrarians here.

She didn't. I read her statement (the translated part at least). And she didn't say expressis verbis that it was a kiss. She made an analogy to a show she watches (were somebody kissed). Nothing more. Nothing less.

And btw: at least show the courtesy to translate twitter posts you refer to. Thanks.

"Is it just me or something synchronized with Nigehaji this week?"

dude, she is literally alluring to the kiss on the show she works on. i mean why refer to a kiss on another show just for shits and giggles? some people are so hardheaded it's funny LOL. next time you try to find your own translation, i'm not gonna spoonfeed you anymore.
Nov 18, 2016 10:33 AM

Mar 2015
scarredfiend said:
Helenus said:

dude, she is literally alluring to the kiss on the show she works on. i mean why refer to a kiss on another show just for shits and giggles? some people are so hardheaded it's funny LOL. next time you try to find your own translation, i'm not gonna spoonfeed you anymore.

Since you are the one, who obviously is on a mission to convince me, I don't see it as my obligation to translate your 'proofs'(or to even open the twitter page).

Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the next spoon of tasty 'evidence'. Keep them coming, Okasan.
Nov 18, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2014
Helenus said:
scarredfiend said:

Since you are the one, who obviously is on a mission to convince me, I don't see it as my obligation to translate your 'proofs'(or to even open the twitter page).

Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the next spoon of tasty 'evidence'. Keep them coming, Okasan.

"Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the next spoon of tasty 'evidence'. Keep them coming, Okasan."

no, you're actually blatantly ignoring actual proof. some people just love to live in denial.
Nov 18, 2016 10:51 AM

Mar 2015
scarredfiend said:
Helenus said:

"Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the next spoon of tasty 'evidence'. Keep them coming, Okasan."

no, you're actually blatantly ignoring actual proof. some people just love to live in denial.

How is this actual proof? A person, who happens to be the director of YoI, made a post on Twitter. Did she make this comment in her official finction as director and member of the production team? I do not think so. It was a comment made as a private person. I would assume official statements would be published on the shows website.

And the content of the post? She wrote 'something' was synchronized with this one Tv show with the kissing MCs. Did she ever specifiy what she was refering to with this 'something'? No. It is highly plausible that she meant the show she is currently working on? Yes. But plausibilies aren't absolute.

Imho she adapted the style of YoI well. Tease a lot but remain uncertain and vague. It was a big tease. I am sure she sits in her office and laughs about the uproar she caused with her tweet.

And that's the last thing I will say on this matter. Let's wait for the next episodes. Maybe they have something up their sleeves that will convince me for good. Over and out. VKUSNO!
Nov 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
Helenus said:
scarredfiend said:

How is this actual proof? A person, who happens to be the director of YoI, made a post on Twitter. Did she make this comment in her official finction as director and member of the production team? I do not think so. It was a comment made as a private person. I would assume official statements would be published on the shows website.

And the content of the post? She wrote 'something' was synchronized with this one Tv show with the kissing MCs. Did she ever specifiy what she was refering to with this 'something'? No. It is highly plausible that she meant the show she is currently working on? Yes. But plausibilies aren't absolute.

Imho she adapted the style of YoI well. Tease a lot but remain uncertain and vague. It was a big tease. I am sure she sits in her office and laughs about the uproar she caused with her tweet.

yes, that "something" is the work she is currently working on right now. it's pretty damn obvious. it all just adds up, from their relationship in the show, how the kiss was set up frame per frame, then add kubos comment. you'd have to be pretty thick to think they didn't kiss.
Nov 18, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2015
scarredfiend said:
Helenus said:

yes, that "something" is the work she is currently working on right now. it's pretty damn obvious. it all just adds up, from their relationship in the show, how the kiss was set up frame per frame, then add kubos comment. you'd have to be pretty thick to think they didn't kiss.

Well, even if they did kiss (I still not think they did) it doesn't change a thing. It stays ambigious.

I don't think you can say the was motivated by romantic feelings. You saw how they played Victor's flirty disposition throughout the whole anime so far. So it is way too early to speak of 'canon relationship' or '(romantic) love' at this point. But that would be another topic, I guess.
Nov 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Dec 2009
scarredfiend said:
Helenus said:

anyway i looked at the tweet and it definitely was referring to the kiss between yuuri and victor. some people shouldn't keep denying it when they haven't even clicked on the link yet, it's just avoiding the battles you know you can't win and no, it just makes you look stupid, not smart. JUST CLICK IT, READ IT, ACCEPT IT.

YES THEY KISSED. THE END.
(whats the point of denying it anyway? its not like you're the one losing your first kiss to another man LMAO. stop freaking out)

Mod Edit: Removed baiting
TyrelNov 18, 2016 2:43 PM
Nov 18, 2016 11:32 AM

Aug 2016
I'm 3000% sure they kissed! If anyone is interested, this tumblr user made a very good analysis. Read it and tell me if you still have doubts ^^
http://yuri-on-ice-ice-baby.tumblr.com/post/153316263525/alright-lets-debunk-the-discussion-of-whether
Nov 18, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
i'm not convinced that was a kiss considering the track record this show has with yaoi baiting.
Nov 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2010
Frigyesur said:

Yeah, Viktor is playful and Yuuri constantly rejects him (rejects the kisses, the boyfriend-thing, no matter the fangirls say, that's the truth)

You're misunderstanding Yuuri's characterization terribly. I don't know, it's so simple too. Yuuri never rejected Viktor. He refuses his offers when Viktor volunteers out of pity or sympathy or to "calm him down." It's like if someone you love offers to sleep with you because they feel bad about you and wants you to feel better, you don't want that. You want them to be with you because they desire you too. I suppose this flies over your head. Of course Yuuri was hurt too. He realized Viktor is a dumbass with emotional intimacy.

He was happy after the kiss. He didn't want Viktor to kiss him to 'calm him down' as if that was an obligation. This doesn't mean he didn't want to kiss him as he was happy and bashful in the aftermath. Likewise, he didn't want Viktor to ACT like his lover as a play believe because it'll make him feel good. He wants Viktor to be himself and never leave him. He wants Viktor's love as well and thinks he has it which was explicitly laid it out to the audience.

In case this is sooo hard to grasp, Yuuri needs a romantic or pseudo-romantic relationship that teaches him to be confident with his sensuality and makes him mature (less jumpy about intimacy in a physical sense). This is tied in with his role as skater. That's why Viktor even brought up if he had a lover before and to think about one when he skates (and he thinks of Viktor). Viktor needs one because he fails in the emotional intimacy side. He's all physicality, but the lack of attachment he has makes his performances limited (he cannot pour his emotions like Georgi or Yuuri do). This is tie in with his grow as coach or as a skater (depending what he'll decide to do once the season is over).

This has zero to do with fanservice or 'baiting'. It's rooted into the character arcs of the main characters if you exercise one braincell or look up homosocial relationships in Ancient Greece model and it's what they have going on. They have to be in a romantic relationship of sorts (this doesn't mean dating, by the way) because their development, as presented in the show, showcases the issue with both of them is their failed romantic lives: Yuuri because he never had a lover, and Viktor because he's too casual with his flings. It's not about their families or friends, but it singled out their romantic lives. Chris is a 'shadow' archetype of what Viktor could become if he doesn't find any attachment with anyone: he's pretty much er oversexualized but only attached to the ice rink.

Note this doesn't mean they'll get married and adopt kids or some nonsense like this. It's a sports anime, their relationship is a way for them to mature as sportsmen first and foremost.
ThessNov 18, 2016 12:10 PM
Nov 18, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
Awww, they even look like they just got outta bed.
Nov 18, 2016 1:25 PM

May 2016
Thess said:
Frigyesur said:

Yeah, Viktor is playful and Yuuri constantly rejects him (rejects the kisses, the boyfriend-thing, no matter the fangirls say, that's the truth)

You're misunderstanding Yuuri's characterization terribly. I don't know, it's so simple too. Yuuri never rejected Viktor. He refuses his offers when Viktor volunteers out of pity or sympathy or to "calm him down." It's like if someone you love offers to sleep with you because they feel bad about you and wants you to feel better, you don't want that. You want them to be with you because they desire you too. I suppose this flies over your head. Of course Yuuri was hurt too. He realized Viktor is a dumbass with emotional intimacy.

He was happy after the kiss. He didn't want Viktor to kiss him to 'calm him down' as if that was an obligation. This doesn't mean he didn't want to kiss him as he was happy and bashful in the aftermath. Likewise, he didn't want Viktor to ACT like his lover as a play believe because it'll make him feel good. He wants Viktor to be himself and never leave him. He wants Viktor's love as well and thinks he has it which was explicitly laid it out to the audience.

In case this is sooo hard to grasp, Yuuri needs a romantic or pseudo-romantic relationship that teaches him to be confident with his sensuality and makes him mature (less jumpy about intimacy in a physical sense). This is tied in with his role as skater. That's why Viktor even brought up if he had a lover before and to think about one when he skates (and he thinks of Viktor). Viktor needs one because he fails in the emotional intimacy side. He's all physicality, but the lack of attachment he has makes his performances limited (he cannot pour his emotions like Georgi or Yuuri do). This is tie in with his grow as coach or as a skater (depending what he'll decide to do once the season is over).

This has zero to do with fanservice or 'baiting'. It's rooted into the character arcs of the main characters if you exercise one braincell or look up homosocial relationships in Ancient Greece model and it's what they have going on. They have to be in a romantic relationship of sorts (this doesn't mean dating, by the way) because their development, as presented in the show, showcases the issue with both of them is their failed romantic lives: Yuuri because he never had a lover, and Viktor because he's too casual with his flings. It's not about their families or friends, but it singled out their romantic lives. Chris is a 'shadow' archetype of what Viktor could become if he doesn't find any attachment with anyone: he's pretty much er oversexualized but only attached to the ice rink.

Note this doesn't mean they'll get married and adopt kids or some nonsense like this. It's a sports anime, their relationship is a way for them to mature as sportsmen first and foremost.

Nope, I don't think so, just face the truth: if Yuuri was into Viktor in sexual way, he would act differently.
If my lover wants to console me, I let him. Not through sex but you know, hugging, small kissing. that's normal between lovers.

Of course he was happy. Did you watch the show? He made a freakin' big improvement during his performance. Even if Viktor kissed him (he didn't), he did it because of this. Not because of 'Yuuri, I wanted to put my lips on yours in front of the cameras.

I think you bit overanalysed it by the ancient Greek part.... Having no girlfriend (emphasize the girl, because he thought of that) 'til age 23... well it's an issue but it has nothing to do with this topic.
Nov 18, 2016 2:11 PM

Sep 2010
Frigyesur said:
Nope, I don't think so, just face the truth: if Yuuri was into Viktor in sexual way, he would act differently.
If my lover wants to console me, I let him. Not through sex but you know, hugging, small kissing. that's normal between lovers.

Uh, no. He would act this way. If the one he loves tells him "hey I can pretend to be your lover if that makes you feel better!" he wouldn't take the offer. Likewise if he said "Hey I'll kiss you if you cry because I have no idea what else to do." You don't get it. This is tied with Viktor's growth to be beyond the superficial touches and sexual flirting as if that would magically fix Yuuri's anxiety. Viktor's attempts of comfort are portrayed as shallow, in other words, not getting what people needed to be comforted in these situations. It's a learning experience for Viktor.

Yuuri let Viktor handled him physically, make him stop listening, for example. He didn't want him to make pity offers because it's offensive. He didn't understand that what Yuuri wanted was his trust because he was afraid to make him (Viktor) an embarrassment. At that moment, hugs and kisses for obligation were offensive when he messed up in what he said.

Of course he was happy. Did you watch the show? He made a freakin' big improvement during his performance. Even if Viktor kissed him (he didn't), he did it because of this. Not because of 'Yuuri, I wanted to put my lips on yours in front of the cameras.

He stared longingly into Viktor's eyes and ignored the audience. He sought Viktor first, and ignored his audience, ran toward him in unision. Are you blind or are you going to overwrite Yuuri's actions? He was happy with Viktor's SURPRISE. He smiled answering to Viktor who wanted to surprise him with something as pleasant as what Yuuri surprised him with. He approved. Or his reaction would have been negative and it wasn't.

Maybe human interaction eludes you that you remove the context of the situation and what responds to what?

I think you bit overanalysed it by the ancient Greek part.... Having no girlfriend (emphasize the girl, because he thought of that) 'til age 23... well it's an issue but it has nothing to do with this topic.

The word used always is 恋人. Lover. Gender neutral. Asking for Yuuri's love life, speaking of his (Viktor's) is always gender neutral. This is the label throw around and always in gender neutral. It's fine if you ignored this because the horrible subtitles completely butcher something that was originally ambiguous. Like they made up and butchered Yuri's love speech (which by the way, never said his love wasn't romantic, only it wasn't infatuation). He even implies he never felt it before so his feelings for Yuuko were just infatuation and what he feels for Viktor is actual love. Food for thought. He was even thinking about Viktor when he skated for 'her'. Shouldn't come as a surprise. Where are his Yuuko pictures in his room? All I see are Viktor's posters, some aren't even about skating. Even a framed picture of the guy. Look at his mother's face. She wasn't even surprised of the kiss, she even looked beaming in joy. A mother knows. She's the one who probably cleaned and tidied his Viktor shrine every day. There's a line between admiration and those creepy fangirl's shrines to their husbandos, Yuuri crossed it. In a way, this show is also a very wish-fulfilment fantasy arc taken from shoujo. Only with a guy as protagonist instead of a girl.

Anyway, maybe nobody will be arguing about the kiss if the subbers actually were competent in translating this there wouldn't be so much shock and denial. Looking in Kubo's twitter's replies, they are all congratulating YoI for the kiss scene.
ThessNov 18, 2016 2:37 PM
Nov 18, 2016 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
The people here who're defending it's a kiss is worse than the people who are saying it's not a kiss. Stop calling people delusional—not to mention that the people who're doing this are going out of there way with their aggressive tone of posts. If I see this once more, you're getting a insta-ban for 3 days. I mentioned this before in the previous post I made.

There's plenty of other wordings you can use than trying to bait someone.
TyrelNov 18, 2016 2:39 PM
Nov 18, 2016 2:38 PM

Dec 2012
Oh my word! HE KISSED HIM!!! VICTOR FRIGGIN KISSED HIM!!!!! Fuah!!! Honestly I think Victor has been in love with Yuri from the moment he saw him skate his piece online. It may have began as a fascination and an excitement and desire to see if he can make Yuri surpass him because of that potential but as time went by he has totally fallen for him. They have been building up to this kiss all season and now when we least expected it they delivered it in perfect shocking beautiful style! My heart is literally a gelatinous puddle right now. I SHIP IT SEVEN DIFFERENT WAYS TO FOREVER!!!! They are so cute these two! May this anime never end. And when it does (we all know it will) give us a manga Japan. GIVE US A FRIGGIN MANGA!!!!! ANIME OF THE SEASON HANDS DOWN.
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Nov 18, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2016
Thess said:
Frigyesur said:

Uh, no. He would act this way. If the one he loves tells him "hey I can pretend to be your lover if that makes you feel better!" he wouldn't take the offer. Likewise if he said "Hey I'll kiss you if you cry because I have no idea what else to do." You don't get it. This is tied with Viktor's growth to be beyond the superficial touches and sexual flirting as if that would magically fix Yuuri's anxiety. Viktor's attempts of comfort are portrayed as shallow, in other words, not getting what people needed to be comforted in these situations. It's a learning experience for Viktor.

Yuuri let Viktor handled him physically, make him stop listening, for example. He didn't want him to make pity offers because it's offensive. He didn't understand that what Yuuri wanted was his trust because he was afraid to make him (Viktor) an embarrassment. At that moment, hugs and kisses for obligation were offensive when he messed up in what he said.

He stared longingly into Viktor's eyes and ignored the audience. He sought Viktor first, and ignored his audience, ran toward him in unision. Are you blind or are you going to overwrite Yuuri's actions? He was happy with Viktor's SURPRISE. He smiled answering to Viktor who wanted to surprise him with something as pleasant as what Yuuri surprised him with. He approved. Or his reaction would have been negative and it wasn't.

Maybe human interaction eludes you that you remove the context of the situation and what responds to what?

The word used always is 恋人. Lover. Gender neutral. Asking for Yuuri's love life, speaking of his (Viktor's) is always gender neutral. This is the label throw around and always in gender neutral. It's fine if you ignored this because the horrible subtitles completely butcher something that was originally ambiguous. Like they made up and butchered Yuri's love speech (which by the way, never said his love wasn't romantic, only it wasn't infatuation). He even implies he never felt it before so his feelings for Yuuko were just infatuation and what he feels for Viktor is actual love. Food for thought. He was even thinking about Viktor when he skated for 'her'. Shouldn't come as a surprise. Where are his Yuuko pictures in his room? All I see are Viktor's posters, some aren't even about skating. Even a framed picture of the guy. Look at his mother's face. She wasn't even surprised of the kiss, she even looked beaming in joy. A mother knows. She's the one who probably cleaned and tidied his Viktor shrine every day. There's a line between admiration and those creepy fangirl's shrines to their husbandos, Yuuri crossed it. In a way, this show is also a very wish-fulfilment fantasy arc taken from shoujo. Only with a guy as protagonist instead of a girl.

Anyway, maybe nobody will be arguing about the kiss if the subbers actually were competent in translating this there wouldn't be so much shock and denial. Looking in Kubo's twitter's replies, they are all congratulating YoI for the kiss scene.

Since the moderator secondly warned us and I'm a pretty good girl who don't want to go against it :)), I will be brief and try to be milder:
1. I never said there aren't signs in the show. I said they are more like baiting. They let everyone interpret them by their own fantasies on purpose. But the more we argue about it, the more I think it's just baiting. Because everyone can only come up just indirect evidences.
2. There was an argument earlier about the Twitter-post. I'm not convinced. Not by she(?) said vaguely 'something' which was 'interpreted by this way'.
3. The girlfriend thing was my mistake.
4. Yuuri admired, admires Viktor. He is his idol, it's quite common that fans put posters in their room.
5. Yuuko or anyone else has nothing to do with their relationship! You can't justify 2 people relationships with a third one.
6. I get it. You say that Viktor just flirts with him and Yuuri wants more. According to you. According to me Viktor flirts with him by nature and I don't see any evidence that Yuuri is bothered by it because he wants deep love from him. He wants to acknowledge him. As a skater.
FrigyesurNov 18, 2016 3:22 PM
Nov 18, 2016 3:32 PM
Dec 2015
What's funny is that the creator confirmed it is an actual kiss, you can find it on her twitter @kubo_3260 this whole argument is kinda pointless but I'm really enjoying this anime. Each episode's animation is getting better and better :)
Nov 18, 2016 4:17 PM

Feb 2014
This episode is my top five because it has done everything perfectly, from Victor comforting and motivating a weak Yuri, Yuri's determination after his talk with Victor, the ice skaters showing off their work on the rink to the famous kiss. From the expression of Yuri and everyone, I do believe it was a real kiss. Even their facial expression shows it.

Aside from the good fan service, it was a good and beautiful episode. I especially love Georgi in this. He's my favorite character.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Nov 18, 2016 4:46 PM

Nov 2014
They should do a spin-off series with Christophe called Coming on Ice.

I'm glad I was talked into picking this show back up. That was an intense and well directed episode. You can't take your eyes off the performances.

5/5
Nov 18, 2016 4:52 PM
Mar 2015
Any other people out there who think they just hugged?
Nov 18, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2016
AsianSenpai said:
Any other people out there who think they just hugged?

Yeah, there are few of us.
Nov 18, 2016 5:10 PM
Jun 2009
Frigyesur said:
Since the moderator secondly warned us and I'm a pretty good girl who don't want to go against it :)), I will be brief and try to be milder:
1. I never said there aren't signs in the show. I said they are more like baiting. They let everyone interpret them by their own fantasies on purpose. But the more we argue about it, the more I think it's just baiting. Because everyone can only come up just indirect evidences.
2. There was an argument earlier about the Twitter-post. I'm not convinced. Not by she(?) said vaguely 'something' which was 'interpreted by this way'.
3. The girlfriend thing was my mistake.
4. Yuuri admired, admires Viktor. He is his idol, it's quite common that fans put posters in their room.
5. Yuuko or anyone else has nothing to do with their relationship! You can't justify 2 people relationships with a third one.
6. I get it. You say that Viktor just flirts with him and Yuuri wants more. According to you. According to me Viktor flirts with him by nature and I don't see any evidence that Yuuri is bothered by it because he wants deep love from him. He wants to acknowledge him. As a skater.

I read Kubo's tweets around that time frame, but especially the one in question. And by "read," I mean that I read them, not that I ran them through a translator into English. I agree that it was vague--"synchronization" does not automatically mean "identical." The replies to her tweet were also incredibly underwhelming. If it was such a milestone, why aren't there more responses? I saw a few Japanese people (or people tweeting in Japanese) asking if it was a kiss, so I'm guessing fans in Japan are also divided as well.

Perhaps a hug--or Victor's overall reaction--could qualify as a surprise because Yuuri didn't skate as well as he did last time, and yet Victor was pleased. I thought about past episodes in which Victor would just kind of lightly give praise to hide his actual disappointment because one thing or another was missing from Yuuri's performance. This time, not only did Yuuri not sleep, he was incredibly nervous. One would think he would have absolutely bombed his program as a result. But he fought through it and attempted a quad--whatever it's called that only Viktor had landed before. It wasn't Yuuri's best performance on the ice and he knew it, but Victor was proud of him regardless.

That's why I'm not really concerned about kiss vs. hug-only. Perhaps Victor's enthusiasm was the surprise, and whether it was a kiss or a hug really doesn't matter. Just a theory.
Nov 18, 2016 8:39 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I might get a lot of hate for this, but I think it was just a hug with a lot of kiss-baiting. Considering the so-called "kiss" started when they were about to fall ended before they fell... a kiss can't happen in split-seconds. I hope I'm wrong though and it was a kiss. I don't the characters to call it a hug next episode. That being said, we're still halfway to the end, so we still have time for more. Overall amazing episode with better animations and Yuri's performance was great. Victor and Yuri's relationship is really well handled. Best episode of this series.

5/5
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

194 by phantom346 »»
Aug 28, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2016

201 by phantom346 »»
Aug 27, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2016

290 by phantom346 »»
Aug 24, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

388 by Punkero »»
Aug 16, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

207 by phantom346 »»
Aug 14, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.