Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Aug 1, 12:41 PM

Dec 2022
For some reason I never expected Chamber's destruction at any point. As a consequence, it left a bittersweet taste to the last episode. At least Chamber got some cool last words to go with it though, as if he was imbued with both Ledo's determination and the culture of the Gargantia itself, hence his use of their local slang: "metalhead".

This series looked promising from the outset, and it didn't disappoint. Worldbuilding around the Gargantia fleet was sufficiently realised and unique; characterisation (especially with Ledo) was both subtle and yet very detectable; the animation didn't leave much to criticise; and the dialogue was thoughtful enough to implore some reflection while viewing, presenting you with a more intricate narrative dichotomy than the usual "moral conflict" you see in some mecha anime. As a gradual demonstration of how exposure to a new environment with its own values can gradually shape even a mind conditioned from birth to rigidly follow one path, however callous, it was very engaging.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 29, 7:55 AM

Aug 2019
Well at least there's still whalesquids out there. For a while I thought they really ended up killing all of them, but nope, they're out there, and it looks like Ledo is actually trying to communicate with them.

This ending was alright imo. Tbh I was skipping through most of it because I just wanted to end this show. The fight between Ledo and Striker was cool though, especially just after half-way through the episode. That was the main highlight for me really, I didn't care for much else.

Also are we just going to ignore all those people left behind? Sure they thought Striker was a God but what else could they do

I've got some serious mixed feeling about this show, but I think overall, I didn't enjoy it. I enjoyed like the first 5-7 episodes, but it really went downhill from there for me personally. I just don't like a lot of these characters, Pinion and Ledo especially. It wouldn't be a problem if you didn't see them much, but Ledo is the MC, and you see Pinion in pretty much every episode I think.

Ledo is just so unlikeable to me, along with Pinion, which made it really tough to keep watching, but I wanted to keep going since I was already more than halfway through the show, and I thought that maybe it would get better, but idk if it was really worth it. The reveal with the whalesquid and that whole war between the whalesquids and what would later become the Alliance was really cool to see. I just wish it was in a better show lol

I really don't know what to give this. I enjoyed it like half-way through, and then hated pretty much everything else. This might be like a 4, maybe a 5 for me. I really don't like a lot of the decisions they ended up making with the writing and the characters, the visuals look great most of the time, though there were moments where they looked a bit off to me, and the reveal was cool, but that can't save this show for me. Towards the end, I just wanted to get it over with and start watching something else, and I can't see myself ever watching this again.
AlkimiaAug 29, 7:58 AM
Sep 24, 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
Well IDK what to think about this anime, clearly not more that 6/10.
It has potential with story and lore but the execution... they aimed too big I think ? it took me more than three weeks to watch this anime because I was really annoyed with the characters sometimes (especially before episode 9)
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

346 by Titadou »»
Sep 21, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

670 by Titadou »»
Sep 20, 11:57 PM

» Gargantia Season 2 Cancelled

DawnJ - Apr 5, 2015

37 by Drakath_V »»
Sep 16, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2013

424 by Titadou »»
Sep 15, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2013

579 by Titadou »»
Sep 6, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.