Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 31, 2016 11:30 AM

Feb 2011
PDot19 said:
Zeando said:

grow into it? i removed all the reviews from my page, scripts be blesses
I'm glad you've settled a way to get rid of them.

Meanwhile I appreciatee having 4 reviews to look at.

some find that useful, for some it's extra waste of space, but that was not the point,
just don't go assuming it's all a knee jerk reaction which will go away once "you get used to it", cause it isn't like that for everyone

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 31, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2010
Zeando said:
PDot19 said:

some find that useful, for some it's extra waste of space, but that was not the point,
just don't go assuming it's all a knee jerk reaction which will go away once "you get used to it", cause it isn't like that for everyone

Is there a script command to hide the stats on the top atleast because adblock just blocks off too much other stuff when you hide it using element.
Mar 31, 2016 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
Zeando said:
PDot19 said:

Fair enough

There's always the option of adding scripts the way you did, otherwise there isn't really much we as users can do about it but suck it up and deal with it or complain about it as many users are doing now and hopefully have the db admins put the negative feedback into consideration.

Besides, as @j0x has mentioned, I doubt this change has already been finalized. I dont see why they would keep the statistics to the left all the while also having it at the plain sight upon getting directed to the page. That's both pointless and redundant.

So we just have to be patient and wait to see the finalized form.
Happy Halloween
Mar 31, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2011
@Tenth
no idea, try asking to the usual guys @Annuvin @Cpt_Mathix @DakuTree

@PDot19
There's always the option of adding scripts the way you did, otherwise there isn't really much we as users can do about it but suck it up and deal with it or complain about it as many users are doing now and hopefully have the db admins put the negative feedback into consideration.
i'm going by the assumption the "classic" mode of the lists was a result of all the shit they received after the profile update, so giving feedback (positive or negative) is always good

"So we just have to be patient and wait to see the finalized form."
i could have believed that the first time i heard it, when the profile update came out (october of the previous year), now i'm not so optimistic :/
besides, if the single parts don't look good, how will it look when everything gets changed on the same basis? :/

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 31, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
Zeando said:
@Tenth
no idea, try asking to the usual guys @Annuvin @Cpt_Mathix @DakuTree

@PDot19
i'm going by the assumption the "classic" mode of the lists was a result of all the shit they received after the profile update, so giving feedback (positive or negative) is always good

"So we just have to be patient and wait to see the finalized form."
i could have believed that the first time i heard it, when the profile update came out (october of the previous year), now i'm not so optimistic :/
besides, if the single parts don't look good, how will it look when everything gets changed on the same basis? :/
I really dont mind it at all, and It's pretty evident that the people with negative feedback are going to voice their opinions more so than the ones with positive feedback, but on the off-chance that they do put all of this into consideration, I doubt they'l entirely revert it back to it's previous layout.

The problem I have is the rec's. I don't like the new rec's one bit.
Happy Halloween
Mar 31, 2016 12:25 PM

Sep 2015
The only good thing about this update is the new recommendations tab:
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 31, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2010
Annuvin said:
Zeando said:
@Tenth
no idea, try asking to the usual guys

Annuvin desu~
No scripts should be necessary. Just try this rule in Adblock/Ublock. It's a bit more specific than the already posted ones so it shouldn't break anything on the other pages.
myanimelist.net###content > table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > .js-scrollfix-bottom-rel > table > tbody > tr:nth-of-type(1) > td > .pb16

Oh and one more for manga:
myanimelist.net###content > table > tbody > tr > td:nth-of-type(2) > .js-scrollfix-bottom-rel > table > tbody > tr:nth-of-type(1) > td > .pb24

Thanks man, that seems to work so will use that for now but like others said this is probably just one update of something more...*sigh*
Mar 31, 2016 1:46 PM

Oct 2015
I personally liked the old layout better but I will get used to it. I liked when the popularity was on the blue bar though.
Mar 31, 2016 2:09 PM

Apr 2011
lordzeru said:
Drumrug said:

It doesn't

It really doesn't. It's more like a half assed IMDB clone.
Pretty much and IMDB's latest redesign was atrocious. Older design | Newer design What is that shit? (And I need to see some better movies...)

I think the recommendations look like a bit of a mess. Also who's bright idea was it to change the OP/ED placement too? Now it's this shit. It was just fine the way it was. I've been loving most of the changes MAL has made over the past year, but this is one of the worst since the profile redesign disaster (I have THREE userscripts on to make my profile look any good).

The only good change I noticed was the "External Links" section has been moved from the very bottom of the page (who came up with that all those years ago?) to the sidebar. Now people will actually see them as I don't think very many people are going to scroll to the very bottom of any page just to see the external links.
BigOnAnimeMar 31, 2016 2:17 PM
Mar 31, 2016 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
kitsune0 said:
TornadoTheDragon said:
May Satan bless their little hearts.
Their little what?

Their little hearts. Filled with black spades.

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Mar 31, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, why do you have so many notifications?
Mar 31, 2016 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
moodie said:
I like the simple adding of episodes

You could just add episodes under "Edit Status" anyway. The new box offers literally nothing that can't already be found on the page, it's useless, ugly and in the way.
removed-userMar 31, 2016 6:25 PM
Mar 31, 2016 6:23 PM

Apr 2014
Berserk said:
moodie said:
I like the simple adding of episodes

You could just add episodes under "Edit Status" anyway. The new box offers literally nothing that can't already be found on the page, it's useless, ugly and in the way.
Ok thats cool but I like it so idc.
Mar 31, 2016 6:41 PM

Oct 2009
I actually LIKE it. It's easy on the eyes with the big numbers and drop down list and stuff.

Mar 31, 2016 7:45 PM
Aug 2012
Seem redundant. I don't use or need the scores/popularity/members to determine what i should or shouldn't read/watch. Well, that's my two cents.
Mar 31, 2016 8:05 PM

May 2014
April fools... right?

Anyways, stop trying to rub scores and member count into our brains. It's bad enough that scores are skewed in such a bad way, making me HAVE to look at it is truly an eyesore. RIP.
Mar 31, 2016 11:50 PM

Apr 2014
You know, compared to the other things MAL redundantly changed in the past, this is perfectly fine in comparison.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Unexpected sign-in after following an opt-out link

transgene - 5 hours ago

1 by traed »»
3 hours ago

» Can’t find my forum/thread posts

guyanesegoddess - 4 hours ago

0 by guyanesegoddess »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3576 by futurology »»
6 hours ago

» There was an error posting, please try again. ( 1 2 )

deg - Jan 21

82 by Serafos »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

» 2FA QR Code Not Generating

Zenpai - Apr 16

5 by Tensho »»
Yesterday, 3:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.