Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 20, 2017 4:31 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing Episode :)
Gear 4 Luffy Is Always Awesome :)))
Feb 12, 2017 6:08 AM

Mar 2010
this was a great Episode ~ (4/5)
in the Second as Luffy flew into the air,
i thought he smashes the cage´

But then he knocked out Doflamingo with 1 Punch . . because of this
only 4of5 ^^;
(weird brain) xD

i wonder what will be the next plan of Trafalger Law;
and i hope Luffy has his own plan to,
-exapt being King of Pirates-
what will be the next plan and target~
Mar 6, 2017 1:01 AM

Mar 2012
Finally, Flamingo is down for the count.
Apr 28, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2014
Luffy always has something new to show why he is the strongest. Very good episode imo
May 12, 2017 1:41 PM

May 2014
What an awesome finale to that fight!
I thought Luffy was gonna get wrecked again for a second there- I don't think he's had such a tough one-on-one since fighting Lucci in Enies Lobby.
Rayleigh's all like "this Kong Gun is too taxing for your body, come up with something else".
Luffy: "I got it. I got it. How about...a bigger one?"
Only Luffy.

When Doffy's glasses got smashed up I knew he finally took the L.
GG dude, GG.
Still, though, still his eyes were obscured! What an absolute tease- I just wanna see what's underneath those goddamn shades!! Is that too much to ask!? XD
Beginning to think he's either blind or had his eyes gouged out or something...there has to be some reason his eyes are never shown.

I do think Luffy got real lucky during this fight though. I mean, aren't Doffy's organs still all mashed up because of Law's attack? Ew.
That "Will of D." magic though too bad it didn't work for Ace

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2017 7:21 PM

Dec 2014
Doflamingo is one of my favorite villains
and he's finally down

wonder what Luffy's new bounty is going to be? 600-700 mill? He's defeated 3 Warlords, caused a huge ruckus at the WotB and declared war on the World Govt,
Jan 8, 2020 1:51 AM
Aug 2017
Ight that was amazing, but they didnt show doffy’s face without his glasses! And he fell deep into the abyss was a great symbolism! 10/10 ep for me
Mar 31, 2020 4:31 AM

Jun 2016
Being a defender of One Piece pacing, even when most people complain, made me give why these episodes have been so awful some thought. It’s not the fact that little manga content is portrayed in these episodes which is bad about them. There were definitely half a chapter episodes which I actually loved and wrote many words on. The deal is, One Piece is so filled with awesome ideas and characters that I don’t mind sitting on a small chunk of content and thinking about it. My deal is, if the episode is interesting, then I don’t care if little actually happened. Interesting here means speculative or analytical content to think about, new ways to see the plot, characters, world, that kind of thing. These episodes have not been interesting at all. This one only gave us any semblance of new content around half way through. We’ve been getting the same repetitive content until then, the cheers, the panic, the pushing, Luffy being pissed. Doflamingo's god complex and worldview is fleshed out and complex due to his nuanced love of his family, but him uttering that humans are scum doesn’t add much to his character. Further, being genre savvy at all makes it so we cannot even begin to predict what’s going to occur because we know it will happen already, there aren't many branching and unique paths this could have gone. It makes these episodes feel pointless at times. Seeing the flashback of the tragedy of Dressrosa reminded me of the art and music, the brutality and cunning of Doflamingo, the horrors that we saw, the humanity captured in the terror. There was once a time when these episodes were at their best.

That said, it wasn’t all bad. The first interesting or new idea that came up was exploring more of Luffy’s training. This arc has done that for him and Zoro. This time showing that with Rayleigh’s help, he developed a super mega punch, probably in shounen hero fashion by overloading his limits and applying a ridiculous amount of haki. That and the fact that Doffy finally physically puppeteered Luffy. My thought when we first saw Doffy in Jaya many years ago was that, to fight him, one would need to be able to deal with his puppeting. When Luffy and Law were going to fight him, me and my friend discussed how Luffy would avoid the fate of being forced to fight Law while strung up. He posited that Luffy may send conqueror's haki through the strings to stutter his ability, something like when Luffy did so to freeze Monet’s grasp and get free. But, as far as I can tell, Doflamingo never tried that until right now. It may be due to being overconfident, not thinking he needed to do that, but it just blows my mind this is the first time we’re seeing what I think we all expected to see a long time ago. Now, understanding gear 4 and the fact it’s already broken strings before meant the answer was clear and again, not so interesting. So Luffy guided Doflamingo into the sky and gave him a big old punch, breaking through Doflamingo’s defenses and attacks akin to Luffy’s final blow on Crocodile. Unfortunately like many felt with Bellamy, I mostly felt relief with Doflamingo going down, not ecstasy. In fact, the way he went down kept in the spirit of why I didn’t enjoy this fight all that much to begin with.

With this, a third warlord is downed by Luffy’s hand and some help from Law too, the will of the D. prevails and so does Corazon’s ambition. Doffy represented the strongest and most evil warlord there ever was, serving as probably the final time a warlord will ever be a major antagonist of One Piece. We’re off to bigger fish now, it’s not easy to imagine one replacing the narrative weight and strength of a man like Doffy. It’s time to kill some emperors! And most of all, celebrate that we’re free from Doflamingo’s manipulation, slowing the anime down to a drudge and puppeteering us like he did everyone else.
Jun 20, 2021 7:39 AM

May 2016
Utilizing Gear 3rd and combining it with Gear 4th may sound like an awfully simple solution but I can only imagine how taxing that one ultimate move was to Luffy's body. With all his opponents down for the count, he definitely has more than enough time to heal especially if the Marines decide to turn a blind eye on the Straw Hats out of gratitude.

It definitely sucks a lot more to be Doflamingo though. He was someone who fell down from the domain of the gods then spent his whole life clawing his way back up only for him to plummet back into the earth just when he thought that he was unstoppable. Not to mention his whole skeleton being shattered and his organs getting turned into mincemeat, of course.

Aug 15, 2021 5:00 AM

Jun 2019
Let's goooooo LUCY!!!!!!!!!! You're the man, the savior of Dressrosa. What a great battle.
Aug 16, 2021 6:02 PM
Jul 2020
Throughout the whole arc I’ve been waiting for Luffy to break Mingo’s glasses, cause everyone knows that if you break the villain’s glasses (no matter what anime you’re watching) it means complete and utter defeat for the villain!
Aug 28, 2021 12:20 PM

Aug 2021
ahahhhhhhh what an arc...!

I just orgasmed at this ep
May 17, 2022 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
great episode Finally Luffy took down Doflamingo that last attack was awesome and Doflamingo is one of my favorite villains
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:27 AM
Jul 21, 2022 5:01 PM

Jan 2021
Man Doflamingo finally got defeated but ngl he’s one of the best Villains and Luffy’s Gear Forth it still awesome especially when he combined Gear 3 and 4 to knock out Doflamingo

Dec 25, 2022 4:57 PM

Dec 2021
Epic, just EPIC. King Kong Gun reaching Saitama levels, Luffy is a fucking menace. All that bad pacing was worth it, I'm satisfied :')
Feb 20, 2023 12:56 PM
Aug 2021
The sheer power luffy had in that one punch was mind-blowing.
Apr 14, 2023 6:17 AM
May 2017
i would not like to be hit like that
May 13, 2023 12:43 PM
Mar 2023
among us aaaaaaaaaa
Jul 12, 2023 1:51 AM
Jan 2017
fr in only one punch
Sep 13, 2023 8:42 AM
Oct 2019
KING KONG GUN!!

Luffy said just one punch and he did it.

Doflamingo glasses is broken, this is it.
It's over.
Oct 4, 2023 9:03 AM
Dec 2022
OMG the episode was absolutely incredible! Luffys 4th gear king kong LMAO!
Dec 24, 2023 9:21 AM
Feb 2022
Take that Doflamingo. Dressrosa is free.

Spanish translation:
Toma eso Doflamingo. Dressrosa es libre.
Dec 25, 2023 11:55 AM

May 2021
OMG , that was one of the most incredible fights ever seen. So cool !!!!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 4, 10:07 AM

Jun 2017
so incorporated gear 3 into gear 4 and beat(?) Mingo by a hair's breadth.Sheesh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» A new Shanks card has been drawn by Yuto Suzuki, the author of Sakamoto Days !!

Hickykissy - Yesterday

4 by S1N1STOR »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1089 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FMmatron - Jan 6

184 by FardinF »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

46 by camghost10 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 598 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - Jun 1, 2013

97 by TheAquilaSamurai »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Would you prefer that One Piece to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

KingSunWukong - Sep 25

18 by Chris_Concept »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.