Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (168) « First ... « 157 158 [159] 160 161 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2015 5:02 PM

May 2011
Today I got free keyboard that has a credit card machine built in.
Nov 19, 2015 5:55 PM

Aug 2011
what are you going to sell ^_^

Now I'm watching Ranma 1/2... oldschool fanservice O_O
Nov 19, 2015 8:14 PM

May 2011
JnMegami said:
what are you going to sell ^_^

Nothing, I got it from a store that's going out of business.
Nov 19, 2015 11:18 PM

Aug 2011
I guess you can play pretend business with some nephews/nieces now? ^^
Nov 27, 2015 11:21 PM
Nov 29, 2015 5:11 PM

May 2011
Over Black Friday I bought a 128GB usb flash drive, two 120mm case fans, and a drone.
Dec 12, 2015 6:29 PM

Aug 2011
This place died even more when i started working orz
Dec 17, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2011
Err... I got hit with a DMCA

Dec 17, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
Heh. I guess that show is being localized or something. Which could be nice for some people.
Dec 17, 2015 10:12 AM

Jul 2011
Now you're tainted with your first DMCA. How will you get married now?

Also obligatory "You're on a list now." Actually that may only apply to US citizens. I don't know what's going on with the news and CISA stuff. But if it's already been passed not much I can do.
/shrugs

Just wait like 4 years and then post it again. Sentai doesn't really after that, given the amount of dubs on youtube and lack of moderation. o.ob
Dec 17, 2015 11:38 PM

Aug 2011
I actually think just the photo was hit with the DMCA lol. Just one of those webcrawlers...

So I sold 6 bell products in the past two days... $252 ^_^

Also here's some things I recorded randomly o3o

http://puu.sh/lZUGj/2f5b7451ea.mp3
http://puu.sh/lZUQr/8c4dced310.mp3
Dec 19, 2015 4:06 AM

Apr 2009
Maybe it's a milestone of sorts for the odd job taker of fansubbing...

I could buy a third 23" monitor with that kind of money... not that my GPU could handle triple screen gaming, however.
Dec 19, 2015 5:06 PM

May 2011
I really like that set, Sayaka.
Dec 20, 2015 1:56 AM

Apr 2009
Thanks. I really don't like for some reason, how the image quality has degraded just by linking it on MAL. The avatar has also become quite blurry...
Accessing the sig image directly on imgur makes it a lot clearer than it looks.

Truth be told, I don't really like this set much, too much red for my tastes... rather thinking of using something else in the meantime and bring it back on the 24th.
Then I'm replacing this set right after Christmas... there's one other set I'd really like to use more.
Dec 25, 2015 5:46 PM

Jul 2011
Happy holidays?
Well anyways I ran across this just awhile ago.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y7r0b/do_not_login_to_any_steam_websites/

Afaik there's no breach, but rather there's a glitch that potentially shows some sensitive information. Just something to note.

It's fixed I suppose.
KryomaticsDec 25, 2015 10:08 PM
Dec 26, 2015 5:02 PM

May 2011
I actually logged into my account during that time to make sure there wasn't any card information there.
Dec 27, 2015 11:34 PM

Aug 2011
It's winter anime time!!

I actually haven't had a chance to look at the full list yet but I saw these

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31442/Musaigen_no_Phantom_World

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31636/Dagashi_Kashi

Definitely watching these two!
Dec 28, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2011
Can I make a complaint to livechart.me
Can we get a paste code with the shows that we marked for watching and maybe watching? You know for overachievers o3o
I'd list all out but it be too long...
Well I at least can say, I highly HIGHLY recommend Ajin and Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Dec 29, 2015 6:06 PM

May 2011
I took this picture with my drone. I thought is was cool.

Jan 1, 2016 1:29 PM

Aug 2011
AkeOme!
Jan 6, 2016 6:13 PM

Jul 2011
Why you should watch Musaigen no Phantom World
Jan 6, 2016 8:46 PM

May 2011
I will give it a look.
Jan 10, 2016 6:11 AM

Apr 2009

All the PCs in the Accelerated World home network. I only need SKY-RAKER to become reality now...
Jan 10, 2016 6:25 AM

Mar 2010
Prices for Skylake chips aren't too bad either lately... Though don't go off selling your legs in the black market for buying it. ^_~ Pretty sure the 'jump' isn't worth that much.
Jan 10, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2011
It's all about the joy of window shopping, more window shopping, and building ^_^
Jan 10, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2009
I'm actually thinking of slowly buying the parts one-by-one and assembling the whole thing much later, say late 2016 or 2017... lol

Of course, the parts that would get phased out first should be bought with higher priority... (ex. Skylake CPU before Kaby Lake comes out)

GPU can be the last piece 'cause apparently truly new generations are coming out later this year (AMD's Polaris GPUs or nVidia's Pascal GPUs).
Jan 10, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2011
We've already discussed a bit of it, but if I were to build/upgrade again it would be complete overkill not anywhere in the near future.

Something like an Extreme Intel CPU, 2 flagship GPUs, as well as custom liquid cooling...
Jan 10, 2016 4:34 PM

Jul 2011
Eh?
Not going super hardcore with that Linus Tech video with 7 gamers one PC?
Jan 10, 2016 4:47 PM

May 2011
SayakaMagica said:
I'm actually thinking of slowly buying the parts one-by-one and assembling the whole thing much later, say late 2016 or 2017... lol

Of course, the parts that would get phased out first should be bought with higher priority... (ex. Skylake CPU before Kaby Lake comes out)

GPU can be the last piece 'cause apparently truly new generations are coming out later this year (AMD's Polaris GPUs or nVidia's Pascal GPUs).

Buying parts slowly is what I do. I probably won't build a new PC for a few more years. I'm hoping to save for a trip to Europe.
Jan 10, 2016 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
Kryomatics said:
Eh?
Not going super hardcore with that Linus Tech video with 7 gamers one PC?

It's a great way to get banned on dota ^_^ (has actually happened before. Man and wife played on same PC/VM)
Jan 11, 2016 8:23 PM

Jul 2011
Na Chan Na Chan Na Chan.
What monitor is this!?

To be fair I found this on 4chan so I have no clue if it's shopped or not but it would look amazing to watch shows on something like this o3o
Jan 11, 2016 9:05 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm, to be honest, that looks like a projector setup. Not sure there's a lot of 21:9 tv's with that small of a bezel out there. The rear looks weird as well, like it's got some kind of glue on it or something:

My guess is that it's a screen for a projector mounted on the wall behind the photo. Or simply a custom built monitor?

If you want a monitor like it though:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH3KG7338&cm_re=34_lg-_-24-025-107-_-Product
Jan 12, 2016 12:15 AM

Jul 2011
Monitor or TV I really don't know. But watching stuff with something like that. Must be the dream...
Also TIL JnM never watched 2.0
Jan 12, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2011
I haven't even watched the first one o3o
Jan 13, 2016 8:24 PM

Mar 2010
http://myanimelist.net/anime/29893/Aria_The_Avvenire

The nostalgia. ;___; Them feels. ;___; Just too good to be true. ;___; And yes, I cried.
Jan 13, 2016 10:09 PM

Aug 2011
can't find that manga you gave me natsu lol
Jan 14, 2016 5:24 AM

Apr 2009
So I found out today I have a new rival. An aggressive one, too.
And that new rival is a good friend of mine from another team in the office...
And they seem to be getting along well, or at least for now...
It doesn't appear like that friend of mine is aware that we're rivals, though he could just be keeping quiet.

Is it just me or is my life story becoming more and more like Sayaka, Hitomi and Kyousuke's story?
Jan 14, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2011
I'd say you're over thinking it. But hey what do I know? I'm just some loser who hasn't talked to a single girl since my last girlfriend broke up with me right after summer. If you think everyone is out to get you, you're probably right. Now just let me get my application in to NHK and everything will be daijoubu. That said if that's the story of your life, then you ought to learn from the show and brace yourself. But as I said, I'm just some loser who can't converse with the opposite gender apparently so all my advice, opinions, and sayings all don't matter. And I should just skip class and curl into the fetus position and fall asleep rocking back and forth.
Jan 14, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2009
Kryomatics said:
That said if that's the story of your life, then you ought to learn from the show and brace yourself.

I'm already bracing for the worst storm of my life yet. Things are only going to get worse: her birthday is on the 25th, and Valentine's is not far after. I'm expecting things to happen then...

I was utterly stunned when I realized my new opponent was him. A guy I considered a good friend from a different floor in the office. A guy flirty with the girls. It has been several peaceful months since my old archenemy gave up on her, and frankly, I never expected the next challenger to come from that direction, a total blind spot to me - 'cause I thought I knew the guy already had a girlfriend, but perhaps he has already broken up by now. Worst case, he's two-timing...

I feel like I've been back stabbed; By chance I witnessed them leaving the office together (being the idiot that I am, I even talked excitedly to the two of them at the stop wondering how they met, not realizing until after they picked up a ride that he was the new guy making moves on her), so that was the reason she told me and my pal to go on ahead and leave the office without her. Before that there was an eyewitness account going on in our office area that on the day before, when I was away on leave, there was some unfamiliar guy who had no business being in our office area who invited her out around lunch and much later came back bringing food for her in the afternoon.

I don't even know how long has this been going on behind my back, but it seems he has managed to win her over quite quickly... I knew him to be a ladies' man after all. All of this when she has finally started to warm up to me and actually be extra nice than usual... maybe she was being extra nice because she knew something was going on and didn't want to hurt me (officially I'm still just a friend to her but she's also aware of my feelings).

On the first week of work back from holiday break, I stupidly led myself to believe she's become extra nice and social to me maybe because she has started seeing me as more than just a friend after all my efforts in the past year... boy, seems I'm turning out to be terribly wrong. I've never even had a girlfriend before, so that makes me an even bigger loser than you keep saying you are...

Hmm, I could probably write a terribad drama romance story out of the past two years of my life...
Jan 14, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2009
Anyway, enough about this depressingly bad story...
Don't let that post kill this thread guys... :D
Jan 14, 2016 5:17 PM

Jul 2011
No no no no no no no no. No. Having female friends is the first step. You need to understand that. To be perfectly honest if I didn't play Guild Wars and meet them that way it would have been 2 years since I've talked to another person. More like 1 and a half.
You really disregard the value of being able to openly converse with people. I presume you can without the help of using something like it's work or class as an excuse.
That said. You can't compare my experiences with yours. I say I'm a loser because I haven't spoken to another girl in the past year or so. You can consider yourself a loser if you so wholeheartedly believe yourself to be one. I think of myself like that because it gives me motivation to change. If you wanna just take the title so be it. Just make sure what you describe yourself is what you believe. If you wanna feel like a loser, are you going to stay like that? If so there's nothing I or anyone can do. Hilariously, the quote (which will be butchered) I'm thinking of is from anime (Big surprise). Anyways when you find yourself in a hole of regret and stuff like that. No one can save you. You have to fall to the bottom and pick yourself back up. Humans struggle to live. That is our existence.
Now that I've given you this, what are you going to do? Call yourself a loser and just accept that fact? Or are you going to do something to change that? Come out of the little shell and explore the world. You can't always win them all. While I would say to give up, it all depends on your nature and how you want to settle things.
Peptalk™ Finished. Now give them hell
Also the thread dies whenever it dies.
KryomaticsJan 14, 2016 5:21 PM
Jan 14, 2016 10:10 PM

Aug 2011
No thread will die today!

Donmai!

She seems nicer than usual

Our stories really are quite similar lol. Don't quote me on this but with my limited experience girls seem to be "nicer" to someone they've been giving the cold shoulder to after they get a partner. Something like "now he has to give up and I can act without thinking of his emotions!" Refer to the part where I said limited experience.

I think you should just ask someone else out. There are 7 billion people in the world. No need to let one ruin your life.

Door to door sales metaphor coming in:

I knock on about 60 doors each day. Repeatedly. Until they're eventually so fed up with the knocking that they come out to "confront me." I get to talk to about 35 people over the course of the 4 hours I knock on these doors. Of the 35, I get to REALLY talk to 5-10 of them. Of those 5-10 only 1-5 will sign up (usually more 1-2). That means I go through 25-34 rejections. These may not be confessions but they may as well be. Some of them are also extremely rude, but then again

There are 7 billion people in the world. No need to let one ruin your life.

So I just keep going.

Asking girls out is less drastic percentages than this. If they're single and not overly self centred and picky (which your girl unfortunately seems like) you should be able to get a girlfriend in maybe 3 different girls (as long as they're single or the aforementioned self centred picky eater).

I'm not sure where I'm going with this lol orz
Jan 16, 2016 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
Kryomatics said:
Having female friends is the first step. You need to understand that. ... You really disregard the value of being able to openly converse with people. I presume you can without the help of using something like it's work or class as an excuse.
Don't worry, I have (a few) female friends. I actually consult one of them for this matter, lol. Being able to openly converse with people is something I can apply to most people, but for some reason I find it really hard to talk to her for things not related to work. For those things I usually run out of topics even though we're friends and on paper we have a whole lot of things to talk about. In the same vein, I could make people laugh without much trouble, but she is again the exception, which I believe is a serious if not fatal weakness when trying to win a girl over.
You can consider yourself a loser if you so wholeheartedly believe yourself to be one. I think of myself like that because it gives me motivation to change. If you wanna just take the title so be it. Just make sure what you describe yourself is what you believe. If you wanna feel like a loser, are you going to stay like that? If so there's nothing I or anyone can do. ... Anyways when you find yourself in a hole of regret and stuff like that. No one can save you. You have to fall to the bottom and pick yourself back up. Humans struggle to live. That is our existence.
I see where you're coming from about the 'loser' thing; You're reading too much about my placing the 'bigger loser' line at the end of my post, or more like I worded it carelessly... I don't intend to brand myself one and stay down, because I'm through with that the first time I fell down. I am able to pick myself up now because I have friends like you guys in this club, and other people in real life who care just as much.

You can't always win them all. While I would say to give up, it all depends on your nature and how you want to settle things.
Peptalk™ Finished. Now give them hell
True enough. Giving up, is of course a valid, rational and sensible option. Right now, part of me wants to... and part of me doesn't come hell or high water. There's an inner conflict going on... and I'd like to thank you for offering your take on this. I don't think this is going to end inconclusively like the troubles of the past year.

==

JnMegami said:
Our stories really are quite similar lol. Don't quote me on this but with my limited experience girls seem to be "nicer" to someone they've been giving the cold shoulder to after they get a partner. Something like "now he has to give up and I can act without thinking of his emotions!" Refer to the part where I said limited experience.
A similar train of thought also crossed my mind, and now that you bring it up again... things actually make more sense from that perspective. It's becoming quite likely that they're already going out considering how fast that sneaky guy / friend of mine was able to progress in what I think was a span of less than a month since getting to know her... that maybe they're just keeping it secret from everybody else for some reason...

I think you should just ask someone else out. There are 7 billion people in the world. No need to let one ruin your life.
Indeed, that option makes the most sense and is the most reasonable. It's also the easiest way to solve this. I also have this strong, irrational and idiotic desire to finish all my fights; that I'd lose without giving up no matter how bloody painful it gets. Deep inside there's also a part of me that wants to take the rational route - think of "pro-war" and "pro-peace" factions competing inside my head.

Door to door sales metaphor coming in:

So I just keep going.
Frankly, I think it's pretty amazing that you were able to take your experience from work and apply it as advice for me. ^^; To be honest, I haven't even decided yet if I'll keep pressing the bloody fight or lift the failing siege that I've laid for 17 months outside her extremely fortified castle, but either way, I thank you for contributing your view and your advice. Maybe it really is time to hop off the route of the most difficult girl 'cause I've already missed too many flags to get any decent ending.

Asking girls out is less drastic percentages than this. If they're single and not overly self centred and picky (which your girl unfortunately seems like) you should be able to get a girlfriend in maybe 3 different girls (as long as they're single or the aforementioned self centred picky eater).
I hate to admit it, but picky is indeed a word that suits her for a lot of things. It's part of how she was able to stay single for who knows how many years, perhaps even ~27 despite having model/celebrity grade looks (imagine a slight resemblance to Mia Wasikowska with long, wavy black-brown hair; I'm pretty sure you've seen her already though) and a legion of secret admirers eagerly waiting for a chance to attack.

She's the unspoken princess of my team; to quote a line from a song:
"You're just the girl all the boys want to dance with;
And I'm just the boy who's had too many chances"
Jan 17, 2016 7:04 PM

Aug 2011
Maa ii ka... 3jigen no onnanoko ni wa kamawanu~

http://puu.sh/mzOBP/cd102ee26d.jpg
JnMegamiJan 17, 2016 7:27 PM
Jan 17, 2016 7:45 PM

May 2011
All I can say is I wish Sayaka the best.
Jan 19, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2011
My my, when did TERA get blue ears
/s

2 hours to get through the login queue, 3 hours to get 5 levels. T'was not a productive day.
That said I love my cluttered UI

I don't feel right if my UI isn't cluttered.
Final review. I give Blade and Soul a perfect 5/7
KryomaticsJan 19, 2016 6:41 PM
Jan 22, 2016 7:24 AM

Aug 2011
Natsu~ Can you do TLC for Tari Tari OVA? ^_^ It's 11 mins long

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=771152
JnMegamiJan 22, 2016 7:28 AM
Jan 22, 2016 1:47 PM

Apr 2009
All In.

@JnM
I can help if you want... natsu will do a better job than me though. :D
Jan 22, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2011
who the heck is that O_O lol

I'll send you and natsu private messages. Just the ones with actor TLC. Don't even try to touch the karaoke... it's far from done lol
Jan 22, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2011
Your alt.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (168) « First ... « 157 158 [159] 160 161 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Song/Lyrics Thread (Keion Bu) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KuroiInazuma - Oct 21, 2011

734 by JnMegami »»
Aug 3, 2020 12:17 AM

» Kingdom Chat V.2 (Rider's Banquet) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Noire - Oct 5, 2012

5780 by Noire »»
Jul 13, 2020 1:58 AM

Sticky: » What would your avatar say to the avatar above you? v3 (Shinda Sekai Sensen) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Feb 11, 2012

6453 by Rinrinka »»
Apr 1, 2017 9:40 PM

» [SPOILERS] Weekly Discussion Thread (Genshiken) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JnMegami - Jan 11, 2015

356 by JnMegami »»
Sep 16, 2016 3:12 AM

» Romaji Perapera V2 (Bungei Bu) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Coldlight - Oct 10, 2011

1019 by natsukage »»
Feb 22, 2016 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.