Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2015 12:12 AM

Apr 2013
SheasonDuerulo said:
Kuma said:
holy shit. how the fuck my post can be flame wars? i have no intention of it. fuck you wondersonC.
also both of them are overrated. deal with it.

nisio issin is definitive of pretentious. when you realize the meaning of longass dialogue can be discribed with very short and clear sentence. also his word play is not even that great.

asano inio is just urobutcher but with more reasonable character. all of the character given reason to be retard, everyone become retard, and everyone will always retard. just let them suffer asano.
bring salt to everyone

Interesting to see you shit on his wordplay when it's been translated AND you're writing in broken English.

do your understanding what the wording play even am???

I've read 6 books from him (zaregoto 1-5 and Kizumonogatari). I read directly in japanese. And I would agree that his wordplay aren't especially impressive. My impression of them however is that they're usually quite spot on (as in, adequate), so while it's not great, they usually makes me smile and agree with them. It's the same with the title of the manga "shounen shoujo" this thread is about. I pointed out above the play with kanji, and I appreciated it.But is it something awesome ? No. NisiOisiN 's writing feels like he makes wordplays on the fly, when he feels like it fits, without bothering to search for complicated and elaborated stuff.

So while I wouldn't advice someone who want to read things with lots of wordplay to read NisiOisiN just for this, those wordplays are a nice add to his work and therefore welcome. That's part of the charm of his writing style.

Also, in the 6 books I've read, I never felt he was pretentious. Quite the contrary, he feels quite dedicated to simply write what he likes without bothering with pretentious rules and stuff. His book are usually quite easy to read due to this. BTW tons of dialogue has never been something "pretentious" from an author to begin with. Authors that have their strength into dialogues are usually looked down by critics compared to authors with strength in descriptions.

If you want my opinion, Yoshiki Tanaka (LOGH) feels far more pretentious with the way he writes his story (not that I have a problem with it though) than NisiOisiN, and by far.
Dec 5, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 2014
As someone who read 70 chapters before dropping Medaka Box, I'm NOT looking forward to this...
Dec 5, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
rautes said:
As someone who read 70 chapters before dropping Medaka Box, I'm NOT looking forward to this...

you gave a 9 to each of the monogatari series you watched though. That's from the same author.
Dec 5, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
Zefyris said:
rautes said:

you gave a 9 to each of the monogatari series you watched though. That's from the same author.
adaption =/= source

also you dont have to like everything that a specific author makes
Dec 5, 2015 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
moodie said:
Zefyris said:

adaption =/= source

Are you suggesting that the anime of monogatari is better than the original work from NisiOisiN ?
Dec 5, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
Zefyris said:
moodie said:
adaption =/= source

Are you suggesting that the anime of monogatari is better than the original work from NisiOisiN ?
I dont know where I suggested that.

What I said was that watching the adaption isnt the same as reading the source. Therefore just because he likes the anime doesnt mean he likes the light novels or Nisios writting. It just means he likes an adaption of nisios writing
Dec 5, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, I was even planning on re-reading Medaka Box since I haven't read it in years.

Everything after the Abnormal arc was quite exceptional.

I'll check this out upon its release. Akatsuki and Nisio are a surprisingly good duo.
Dec 5, 2015 1:48 PM

Mar 2015
Yes! Medaka Box is my favorite manga so this is great news. Can't wait for January
Dec 5, 2015 3:18 PM

May 2013
We need more medaka box but ill take this.
Dec 13, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2014
I surprisingly enjoyed Medaka Box for the most part so i'll check this one out.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Mar 18

6 by kizumi91 »»
11 minutes ago

» Manga 'Gorilla no Kami kara Kago sareta Reijou wa Ouritsu Kishidan de Kawaigarareru' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Sep 24

5 by malvarez1 »»
18 minutes ago

» 'Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Ojisan' Reveals Supporting Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by malvarez1 »»
18 minutes ago

» Video Game 'Decapolice' Gets TV Anime in 2026

DatRandomDude - Sep 24

6 by malvarez1 »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Season 2 Announced for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Sep 22

7 by malvarez1 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.