Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 30, 2007 8:40 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What, nobody wants to talk about Desu Noto? :)

For the manga readers, no big surprises here, but another great episode, even so. L hopping around Misa like a monkey was my favorite part, personally.
LunaDec 14, 2013 2:06 AM
Jan 30, 2007 11:31 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Yup, definitely another good episode. L really pisses me off though. I can't remember, what were the reasons they started suspecting Misa-chan again? Was it because they found her dating Light?

It pisses me off that the anime adds in little stuff that the manga never had (Remu touching Misa's hair).
Jan 31, 2007 4:58 PM

Jan 2007
Eh...I'm torn on this. It's nice that they're being so faithful to the manga and all, but if it's going to be EXACTLY like the manga, what's the point, really?

Plus they're going to have to skip a lot to get it all in 37 episodes, so they're probably trying to cut some corners and advance things a lot faster.

As for Misa, I think they started suspecting her because of her involvement with Light and then clinched it with the evidence she left behind. Plus her parents' murderer was killed by Kira, so there's already sort of a link.
Jan 31, 2007 7:36 PM

Nov 2004
If they wern't faithful, we would have a horde of people complaining that it's different. The point of it... so non-manga readers can get introduced to the story? Anime reaches out to a greater audience then manga does.
Feb 1, 2007 8:23 AM

Jan 2007
Yeah, I understand that, reaching a larger market and all that, but I guess my point is that the manga is good enough to not need an exact, frame-by-frame animated version. Don't get me wrong, I love the anime thus far - the voices, the music, the animation quality - but it's an adaptation of the manga, so it's not going to be exact. It can't be exact, not in 37 episodes, and frankly anyone who expects that is setting himself/herself up to be disappointed.

I already know where it's going so I kind of like it when they change things - keeps me guessing instead of knowing what they're going to do or say before they do or say it. Part of the fun of watching an adaptation is seeing what was changed, taken out, added in, and trying to understand the reasoning behind it, how it affects the story as it's now being told. As long as they're true to the characters and underlying themes in the story, I'm happy.

Maybe they'll get so crunched for time they'll have to write out Near and Mello... ;)
Feb 1, 2007 11:24 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
See I guess my problem is, Death Note is now about 2x less interesting now that I've read the manga. I know what's going to happen, and I know what the anime "screwed up" in my mind. So, when they change it in a way that I think is worse than how the manga portrayed it, it bugs.
Jun 24, 2007 2:49 AM

Feb 2007

I guess its a good thing DN (the manga) isn't in Australia yet.

Crystal is right though; anime reaches out to more people. I've mentioned it before, that i only read 3 manga series. Excel Saga, Fruits Basket and Rurouni Kenshin. Finding manga is difficult for me sometimes, and i don't want to download manga because the quality wanes down. I "tried" to read a chapter of Fruits Basket on Mangavolume.com, and i just got annoyed with the quality.

Oh! DN Episode 15? Awesome episode. Best one so far. I guess when L studied the hair samples, CSI style, he found out that the hair belonged to Misa.

(Disclamer; The CSI scenes were cut out. Of course, that could have been an anime-only scene. ^.^)
Jun 24, 2007 5:54 AM

Nov 2004
just get manga from a decent source, almost all scanlations are full quality
Aug 18, 2008 1:24 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this episode! I felt so sad for Rem, I wanted to cry XD
Light Fan <3
Nov 8, 2008 7:01 AM

Mar 2008
Xinil said:
See I guess my problem is, Death Note is now about 2x less interesting now that I've read the manga. I know what's going to happen, and I know what the anime "screwed up" in my mind. So, when they change it in a way that I think is worse than how the manga portrayed it, it bugs.

I get what you mean - I hate it when anime adaptations are worse than the manga because of taking stuff out/putting random stuff in etc. It's like a cover song that's worse than the original D: but seeing as I read the manga a year or so ago it's not spoiling the anime, even though I know what's coming next x3

have to say, love L to pieces in this ep ^^
Nov 19, 2008 1:50 PM

Oct 2008
It's so sad that Rem left Misa. Maybe Misa will jog her memory and remember something about Rem.
But,why'd Light just say "Say goodbye.Ryuk." ?
Dec 16, 2008 2:59 PM
Apr 2008
What oes he mean by Good bye Ryuk?
Mar 29, 2009 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
ManU-Alchemist said:

He's going to dispose of his Death Note too, I guess. Good episode.
Apr 27, 2009 6:28 AM

Apr 2009
devilish000 said:
ManU-Alchemist said:

He's going to dispose of his Death Note too, I guess. Good episode.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. It just seems like the story's almost over and everything's about to come to a head and end.. but we're too soon into the story for that to be the case, so I'm all o.O trying to figure out if they're going to be annoying and just drag the story out like insanely.

Loving the series thus far, just worried about the future eps.

May 9, 2009 2:56 AM

Jun 2008
AHAHAHAHA!! L's so cute! hahaha.. he's misa's fan!!! and touched her behind too! hahaha.. and pretending it wasn't him.. hahaha!!! L's so funny.. or was he just pretending to be misa's fan??? anyway... L saved his own life and even apprehended misa... all in one go... i guess his gamble paid off.. i feel so sorry for misa though.. she was like being tortured.. no.. she WAS being tortured.. was she like that for days???? and what does light mean by saying goodbye to ryuk???? huh?
Jun 19, 2009 12:39 AM

Dec 2008
wow misa really loves light, i get the feeling its only one sided though.
===
so ryuk's getting fired now?
Aug 6, 2009 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
Misa.. why she didn's see that Light is just used her?
Aug 27, 2009 2:45 PM
Apr 2009
Ooooh Misa is the stupidest person ever. > : I can't see why people like her so much.

It annoys me everytime, when she breaks the deal that is so important, they they cannot be seen together. Still she suddenly jumps on light a ep back, now she just screams his name, meaning L caught the cellphone.

And there are enough reasons Xinil to believe she is the second one.

1. He had all the tapes of the people that went in then. And he knows shes a model, so he could have paid attention to the hair cuts or similarity of her black haired version.

Main reason: PLUS, he went to her room where the video tape was shot lol. And founds tons of evidence.

PLUS:

2. L KNEW that the second kari was obssesed with the first one. And seeing as the dude suddenly got a girlfriend who seems to very into him is bizzare. Plus he was talking/dating with the black haired girl before, although that means little.

3. As soon as she left, he called her RIGHT away, that already is damn suspicious, since they were gonna go eat. If you have to go the the toilet, you feel it way before and not as someone leaves.

4.L stole the girls cellphone, and the dude called her Right away, as she was still supposedly leaving with her mom? L took the call, NOW knowing that Light wanted to connect to the girl as fast as possible, since light might have suspected that L knew.

There are MORE then enough reasons to arrest her. And probably some others cause im no genius.
Oct 27, 2009 6:54 AM

Oct 2009
I like how Rem is so much more involved than Ryuk. But wow, things really seem to be turning around. Too bad Misa is going to live because Rem likes her for some reason >.>
Nov 11, 2009 11:30 PM
Jan 2009
Oh hell yes, I LOVE this episode. Anything to see that smug bastard (Light) get his come-uppins. Even if it isn't enough...
Nov 15, 2009 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
WOW... He said "Sayonara Ryuk"... Does that mean we're not gonna see him again :(?

Dec 7, 2009 11:16 PM

Mar 2009
That was clever of "L" and the whole cell phone thing. o.o
We'll see if Light can get Misa,himself and the death god's out of this mess.
His "Plan" is probably gonna shock us all or either just kill "L" as soon as he can. ;>.>

Dec 29, 2009 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
Seeing L flip out when he saw Misa was too funny!
Great ep, I hope Misa is saved.

Feb 2, 2010 2:57 AM

Nov 2009
Well its the same if you watch the anime first, then read the manga you wont find the manga as interesting =.=.
Great show so far imo. Ive watched 15 episodes consecutively now haha
Feb 28, 2010 12:31 PM

Jan 2010
this episode was terrific ^^

I can't belive that everything was fine in 1 second and in the next...bam..they caught misa...i'm yet to understand how they figured out that she could be kira2

The way they kept her for 3(three) days was horrible,i almost burst into tears :(,she doesn't deserve that,she has a good soul,even though she' s a baka :(

i hope that she will get out of there soon...

also,I don't think Light will give up on his death note so easly,he will find another way to free Misa i think

Death Note keeps getting better and better :D,i can't wait for the next episode!
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 4, 2010 7:29 PM

Mar 2010
I highly doubt that he would kill himself so that must mean he will destroy his death note... somehow I don't see it happening but idk...
Animestuffs-1.png
May 27, 2010 11:11 AM

Feb 2009
Superb episode, I really liked the scenes with the selphones and even if I don't think Misa is a great character, it was kinda sad seeing her in that state.

And Sayonara Ryuk? What the hell is Light thinking?
May 27, 2010 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
Holy f**k! I was liking her and now this! And the kiss was not that romantic, I'll miss her. But maybe she will still be part of this since according to MAL she is a main character. For this I almost wish that L would loose.
Jun 26, 2010 5:27 PM
Jun 2010
sad episode!! ¨(
Aug 1, 2010 8:11 AM

Jun 2009
I like Misa, she added another dimension to this show

wiping out her memories... That mean she won't remember L's true name, though I also doubt she'd remember after being tortured for 3 days...

can't say I'm a fan of how Misa is being treated...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2010 9:43 AM
Jun 2010
i've never hated light so much

lol, i notice that i sit how l does, i'm doing it right now, i sometimes do it in class and at lunch, i get scolded my the teachers. XD
Oct 11, 2010 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
That was maybe the best episode so far. It started with L saying, "If I die, Light is Kira." and the way he got himself out of this mess in general was awesome. And then the part with Misa's arrestment. She loses her powers for Light, which is only using her. It was pretty sad, to be honest.
Oct 11, 2010 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
That was maybe the best episode so far. It started with L saying, "If I die, Light is Kira." and the way he got himself out of this mess in general was awesome. And then the part with Misa's arrestment. She loses her powers for Light, which is only using her. It was pretty sad, to be honest.
Nov 10, 2010 1:48 AM

Oct 2008
*dramatic music*
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 27, 2010 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
ryuk..... He mostly laughed in the background and only gave important things the owner of the death note asked for. I can't wait for the twist.
Feb 4, 2011 7:15 AM
Jul 2010
This episode, Wow... was the first time I questioned my morality through the series. I always see life as something thats gonna end eventually, doesn't matter to me if its 10 minutes away or 10 years.

However the torture... it's sooo intruging but at the same time sooo wrong... AHH..

15/10 episode ;D
Nov 18, 2011 7:31 AM

Dec 2010
Xinil said:
It pisses me off that the anime adds in little stuff that the manga never had (Remu touching Misa's hair).

This is not from the manga? Too bad, 'cause I was thinking that L will get to know the truth about shinigami because of this moment... Anyway - it's sad that Misa had to give up on her notebook, but I guess it was too easy for L to catch her, even if Light is still quite the challenge for him.
Apr 8, 2012 10:35 PM
Aug 1, 2012 11:11 AM

May 2012
Another great one though what does Light mean at the end with Goodbye Ryuk ?
Sep 16, 2012 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
Good episode again. Misa is out of the game finally, hated her. What's that about saying goodbye to Ryuk I wonder?

Sep 28, 2012 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
God dammit, if only she wasn't so dumb. D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 26, 2013 12:36 PM
Jan 2013
I hope Ryuk doesn't leave the series, he's so funny.XD
Feb 13, 2013 12:04 PM
Feb 2013
4nim34nim3l said:
I hope Ryuk doesn't leave the series, he's so funny.XD

I agree
Feb 13, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
DarkShards said:

No, she's actually of above-average intelligence. When the majority of the plot is advanced by two super geniuses, it can be hard to tell.
May 3, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
L discovered that tapes,so he knows that Misa is 2nd Kira...
Will se what happen next,i hope Light will save Misa.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 8:16 PM

Oct 2012
L, OL
That face when he touched Misa's butt..
This time is L win?
"Signature removed"
Jun 29, 2013 3:45 AM

Apr 2013
Ok this is starting to be a very good episode... xD

Jul 22, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
I sort of disliked Misa but that moment when she was all wrapped up in that equipment for questioning... and when Rem took her memories away... that was really sad. I'm excited about the episodes to come, I wonder how all this is gonna work out.

And the brunette with the twin tails from the opening whom Light offers his hand? Is she gonna actually appear on the show? Or she's already appeared and I just didn't see her?
LeeTailorJul 22, 2013 7:10 PM
Aug 7, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, Misa's perseverance and dedication is strong. Isn't it kind of torturous for L and the Police to put her into that much strain?!

Hakuromatsu said:
DarkShards said:

No, she's actually of above-average intelligence. When the majority of the plot is advanced by two super geniuses, it can be hard to tell.

That's true :P

LeeTailor said:
And the brunette with the twin tails from the opening whom Light offers his hand? Is she gonna actually appear on the show? Or she's already appeared and I just didn't see her?

I think that's Misa. O.O
Aug 29, 2013 2:18 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Light is saying good bye to Ryuk, that isn't surprising. If I were Light, and if it ever came to forfeiting the Death Note I would probably keep a paper hidden inside his desk so that he can remember his purpose of defeating L. If L dies, then Light becomes the primary suspect, but if he doesn't save Misa he dies. Either way L has the situation controlled for now. Light has to make a choice, should he turn the situation into a rescue mission and face L at a later time or finish L and put himself as a primary suspect.

Darn school room is so cold, I can't think properly.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

946 by InClouseau »»
Sep 18, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kei-clone - Mar 3, 2007

142 by vjcecilio »»
Sep 18, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Greatest Wits

tsubagakure - Sep 15

11 by deg »»
Sep 17, 1:13 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Jun 7, 2007

100 by kyledluffy »»
Sep 11, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

so_addictive - Jun 30, 2008

167 by kyledluffy »»
Sep 11, 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.