Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2012 8:01 PM

Sep 2011
I really liked his game planning. Very good first episode!
Dec 25, 2012 5:36 AM

May 2012
Amazing start I must say, really nice setting and concept behind this all, the art and animations are also very well done and put together in this fantasy world!

I do think the huge talk about this series was right, so lets see if it's impressive like they said!
Dec 26, 2012 5:59 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
this is badass good first episode
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 2, 2013 5:07 AM

Oct 2010
Wow, it's been a long time since I had such high expectations in anime and so far 1st ep fully meets them!

10/10!

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Jan 13, 2013 7:17 PM

May 2011
Woah, woah, woah! That was one hell of a first episode. I really love the setting too ^^.

This is going to be epic. I could care less about what other people say, I'm going to judge this for myself.

5/5

Let the game begin.

(Oh yeah, Sanji's Seiyuu FTW!)
Jan 14, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
I understand that this is an anime, but taking the established reality/world they've presented to us this is one of the most nonsensical/ridiculous premises I've ever encountered...
Jan 14, 2013 8:46 PM

Sep 2012
This was one awesome episode. No log out and 100 levels! Can't wait to see how this goes. Many have died.
Jan 25, 2013 3:37 AM
Apr 2012
Looks like this is going to be quite enjoyable. :D Pretty good first episode!
Feb 18, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2012
How come that Klein dude looks cooler irl? I'm not dissing the long hair he had, but that dude was wearing that awesome bandana going into the game. Well it doesn't matter. If they play this game like a real mmo, they would've spent 5 hours trying to tweak and customize their avatar, only to come to the realization that everyone's going to wear bulky armor that covers up their faces anyways -_-
Feb 18, 2013 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
Kasane_Ted said:
How come that Klein dude looks cooler irl? I'm not dissing the long hair he had, but that dude was wearing that awesome bandana going into the game. Well it doesn't matter. If they play this game like a real mmo, they would've spent 5 hours trying to tweak and customize their avatar, only to come to the realization that everyone's going to wear bulky armor that covers up their faces anyways -_-

If its anything like a certain other game, their personal appearances were generated randomly.
Feb 18, 2013 6:52 AM

Dec 2012
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:

If its anything like a certain other game, their personal appearances were generated randomly.
well that's not fair! Every time I pick a 'random generation' I always get some hairy beast creature! These guys are lucky to look so normal!
Feb 18, 2013 6:55 AM

Jan 2013
Kasane_Ted said:
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:

well that's not fair! Every time I pick a 'random generation' I always get some hairy beast creature! These guys are lucky to look so normal!

I meant
Feb 18, 2013 7:11 AM

Dec 2012
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:

I meant
Oh you've seen this series before? Oh ok. So ALO is a game they mention later in the series or a game they go into? (if it doesn't spoil the plot too much)
Feb 18, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2013
Kasane_Ted said:
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:

I meant
Oh you've seen this series before? Oh ok. So ALO is a game they mention later in the series or a game they go into?

Feb 18, 2013 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:
Solvite said:
Kasane_Ted said:

I meant
Oh you've seen this series before? Oh ok. So ALO is a game they mention later in the series or a game they go into?

Really? intriguing... I really gotta get farther in this series so I can talk about it about without spoiling it
Feb 27, 2013 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
Well, it's my second time starting this. I've put it on hold after watching the first ep back when only two episodes were out. The main reason being that I hate waiting, so I never watch airing shows.

Back then it really made me mad how it was the like the #1 anime only after 1-2 episodes. I still don't understand how that was possible, but I'm sure it was mainly because of the fans of the novel.
After the huge hype it got pretty much everywhere, and also a lot of negative feedback who were kind of like me and didn't want to believe that something could get such scores with only a few episodes out, and even now get a lot of hype, I now think it's time to see who were right.

Unfortunately I heard some bits of the story already, but nothing major.
I'm still very skeptical about this and I'm going in with a minor prejudice. I think I can understand why a lot of people liked this so much, like it being about an mmorpg (not that I don't like them though) and some more guesses. But I will try to watch this through as objectively as I can.
Mar 3, 2013 9:47 PM
Mar 2010
damn, the creator!!!! Dude is straight trippin'. Series looks interesting. Time to watch ep 2
beegyx8ball.deviantart.com

Mar 30, 2013 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
Still early days, and I know the majority of people loved the first few episodes, but I really can't imagine what this anime could have done to make it go from being ranked in the top 30, after only airing 10 episodes or so, to being the most hated, notorious anime on MAL.
Konbu is important
Apr 21, 2013 4:05 AM
Aug 2012
i knw tht alot of girls play games now but in this first episode of sao the girls out number guys coinsiderably its kinda odd
Apr 21, 2013 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
kingfelix92 said:
i knw tht alot of girls play games now but in this first episode of sao the girls out number guys coinsiderably its kinda odd
What are you smoking?
May 6, 2013 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
strong unrealistic sausages to vaginas ratio

here's my guess of the plot after the first EP

Boring predictable plot:
The main people get to last boss and get help from the real world (based off the little girl hacker floating in the space room thingy from he song). After they got out, they find the creator, he goes crazy, they accidentally kill him or he killed himself.

Twisted plot:
The creator of the game is actually kirito's dad and no one really dies in the real world. Kirito's dad left the family b/c of this ambition to create a virtual world and kirito is a sad panda. His dad also helps kirito secretly along the way to beat final boss. Then his dad apologizes and say that helping kirito through this game and experience it to the fullest is to make up for his past mistakes and all the time they could have spent together now that his dad has realized how important his family is to him. Kirito's mom then pops out of nowhere and stab dad to death (b/c she's a woman and most of them are coo-coos).

The End.

---

interested to see why all the hate against this asuna chick though. She seems harmless to me...
May 6, 2013 9:47 AM

Aug 2009
^ for only 10000 players it is quite realistic.I doubt girls would wait that long to buy both the headset(even if it came out earlier) AND the game.

And simply answer to all
May 16, 2013 3:59 PM
May 2013
The first episode was great I hope SAO it will be this great until the end.

I think it would be awesome if someone will make an Nervegear to play VR MMORPG and to feel how it's to be your avatar in a different world ... of course it will be a real nightmare
May 19, 2013 3:04 AM

Aug 2009
Sure escalated quickly.

May 19, 2013 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
sirhcnil said:
Sure escalated quickly.

It's an MMO... what do you expect? Beauty queens? Lolis? Mary Sues? Kirito being surrounded by tons of girls?
NidhoeggrMay 19, 2013 4:31 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 21, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2012
Wow amazing first episode, probably the best first episode for any series I've watched in my life.

Kirito seems pretty gay tho.
May 21, 2013 10:35 PM

Sep 2012
Vindictive said:
Elaborate.
May 21, 2013 10:38 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Vindictive said:
Elaborate.

Here we go.
May 21, 2013 11:07 PM

Jun 2012
Red_Keys said:
Vindictive said:
Elaborate.

That homolust during his farewell scene with Klein, those tears. His gay motions while running away.

His feminine appearance doesn't help either.
May 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Sep 2012
Vindictive said:
Red_Keys said:
Vindictive said:
Elaborate.

That homolust during his farewell scene with Klein, those tears. His gay motions while running away.

His feminine appearance doesn't help either.
Oh my.

You are so homophobic, you purposely portray gayness onto characters who do not show it, just so you can go "ewwey" to it.

Do you have any male friends? Just curious..
Jun 3, 2013 3:48 PM
Jan 2013
Did anybody else notice the MAL parody in this first episode?
Jun 3, 2013 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
ichigoteguz said:
Did anybody else notice the MAL parody in this first episode?

Lol, what a find. Never knew MAL was popular in Japan.
Jun 13, 2013 2:48 AM
Jun 2013
Man i liked how the players were real people and how Klein wanted to order a pizza.
Jun 26, 2013 9:51 PM

Jul 2008
well its pretty interesting 1st episode i hope this will be good so i will not drop this.. haha
Jul 6, 2013 11:34 AM
Jul 2012
Don't know if you guys noticed it but Asuna, Silica and Lisbeth all appear in the first episode. Here's Asuna, the other 2 appear right after.

Thought I'd just come here and put it, forgot all about it when I first watched it came out over a year ago^^
Jul 15, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2010
Oh god, I don't think I ever found something so eye-candy that I started crying. If this game was real, I'd play it. Who cares about logging out?

Your-life-on-the-line experience would be so thrilling. I'm so looking forward to watching the rest of this. I think I'm abit weird. Like, really weird.
Jul 27, 2013 11:47 PM
Aug 2008
"Is this an event?" Hahahaha idiot. I think this will be a fun ride, and I like the animation a lot too.
Jul 28, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2010
Watching this on adult swim, hehehe
ignoring logic, this was pretty good so far.
/would be part of the 2,000 that died the first month
Jul 28, 2013 1:18 PM
Nov 2011
Excelion said:
Don't know if you guys noticed it but Asuna, Silica and Lisbeth all appear in the first episode. Here's Asuna, the other 2 appear right after.

Thought I'd just come here and put it, forgot all about it when I first watched it came out over a year ago^^

it isn't just them. I noticed pretty much every named character in the opening. That's an attention to detail I hadn't caught the first time through.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jul 28, 2013 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
Now that the dub is out i've finally given it a watch; i have pretty fair expectations of the anime, and I can tell it's gonna be pretty sick, yet I can't ignore the mountains of hate this anime gets. A year ago people thought this was the absolute stuff, now it's infamous for having a divided fanbase. I can't help but feel like Attack on Titan is in a similar position; while the anime is wildly different, I get the feeling that some plot twist or decision with the characters down the line is gonna potential divide the AoT fans, just like with what happened in SAO apparently.AoT is this year's 'it' anime, and it deserves it for high production values and excitement, but i've seen more popular things become the most hated before...not that I want it to happen, i never like to see good things die in a fanbase. Despite all that, i'm really looking forward to seeing more episodes, i'm just entertained and that's what matters to me.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jul 28, 2013 3:59 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
SAO!!! Kirito's voice was a bit strange at first, but I've gotten used to it. Klein's is pretty much what I expected. As long as Asuna's voice isn't botched the dub seems like its going to be pretty good actually.

I'll take all the SAO they will give me :D
Jul 29, 2013 10:55 AM

Mar 2009
Welp, this got real fast. 2000 in in the first month? Crap. So it seems pretty cool, but the hate I've been hearing about SAO has got me pretty cautious.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Aug 2, 2013 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
I watched it dubbed and thought it was really great and can't wait to watch the rest of it to see what happens. It exceeded my expectations.
Aug 2, 2013 3:00 PM

Jun 2013
ive heard mixed reviews about SAO, however i can already tell that it suits my fancy.

Aug 13, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2012
Ooh I think this has the potential to be an amazing series!
Aug 13, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
Hstar said:
Ooh I think this has the potential to be an amazing series!

It had.It really had
Aug 18, 2013 2:57 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my god. This is amazing.

As a gamer and anime fan, I have high expectations for this anime and so far they have been easily exceeded. One of the best openings to an anime yet.
Sep 6, 2013 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
The first episode was amazing. Then we all know later on it went bad. If only they didn't focus so much on the romance. Good thing this years anime is amazing.
Sep 22, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
41 pages? Wow.
At first I was dissapoined to know that this is just a virtual game. I'm happy that this ain't just a game for them... but rather their life is at stake. Hope to see some awesomeness.
Oct 15, 2013 4:14 PM

Jul 2007
Omg, i am really loving this series, it opens up with such an interesting Episode. Kind of reminds me of .hack, but this seems to be a virtual reality world with the sole purpose of surviving and unable to log out.

I like how they use so much terminology involved in real MMORPGS i can relate all these experiences cause i use to play so many MMO's back in the day, great stuff.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Pages (20) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

61 by imjayhime »»
54 minutes ago

» SAO watch order

18s - 11 hours ago

12 by akatsukinoluna »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

23 by Swyzen »»
Aug 30, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.