Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 14, 2015 3:09 PM
Jul 2015
xSanox said:
eeehhhh was alright. still think the whole itami getting beaten up is dumb but i guess the author needed a quick way to get pina to join them.

Beating their prisoners up shows one of the parallelisms between the world beyond the gate and our own ancient world, in particular, the Roman Empire. It was often standard procedure to beat up your prisoners regardless of rank and sometimes parade them on the streets (especially defeated kings and or generals).

Other parallelisms for those interested include
1. The Denarius (singular) Denarii (plural) for one of the Empire's silver coin currencies.
2.How they were dressed for battle in Episode 1
3.Many client or allied states instead of simply conquering and subsequently annexing the state
Aug 14, 2015 3:43 PM

Dec 2011
I really like what is happening right now... a cultural exchange. >.<
Can't wait to see our three girls... having fun in Japan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2015 3:59 PM

Jan 2015
Lol Itami has it rough from time to time. And can the Harem grow any larger?

Plus I thought it was funny with Pina Co Lada's logic..."We need to make this go away!" "Go have sex with him!"
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Aug 14, 2015 5:28 PM

Feb 2012
Him with those maids.... PARADISE!! LOL! He missed the opportunity to have "fun" with that blond knight!

Can't wait next episode. I want to see their reactions to Japan
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 14, 2015 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
deanzel said:
Mmmhmmm. I'd say that the few cuts and bruises that Itami received were worth it in the end in order to get served by animal girls. Bro 4 life.

I can't wait for next week's episode. Seeing Rory in Japan is going to be godly.
They didn't show it in the anime but the rose knights took him back to the city by dragging him on a rope by horseback.
Aug 14, 2015 5:39 PM

Apr 2013
bobzanny said:

Plus I thought it was funny with Pina Co Lada's logic...&quot;We need to make this go away!&quot; &quot;Go have sex with him!&quot;

Seems logical to me; isn't that how it works in medieval times?

This ep was so funny I couldn't watch it in one sitting 😂😂
I had to pause multiple times, do other stuff and come back haha
Aug 14, 2015 5:57 PM

Jun 2010
For some reason every time i watch an episode of Gate i feel like playing Civ 5 and dominating AI with my "Future Tech"

Oh man, next week's episode will be epic. Pina get your diapers ready cuz you're about to shit yourself xD
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 14, 2015 6:19 PM

Aug 2015
Episode was good. Can't wait for next week.
Aug 14, 2015 6:26 PM
May 2014
simbee said:
bobzanny said:

Plus I thought it was funny with Pina Co Lada's logic...&quot;We need to make this go away!&quot; &quot;Go have sex with him!&quot;

Seems logical to me; isn't that how it works in medieval times?

This ep was so funny I couldn't watch it in one sitting 😂😂
I had to pause multiple times, do other stuff and come back haha

It was apparently quite often the case..and marriages was also used for similar reasons.

It ended exactly at the point I guessed it would (in the previous episode thread).
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Aug 14, 2015 6:27 PM

Mar 2015
I really enjoy the show, next week is looking good. But with the pacing right now, I've already feel the pain that I've to wait a while for a next season.
KotobakayaroAug 14, 2015 7:03 PM

Aug 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was hilarious Piña desperately trying to make sure they kept the treaty while blonde continued make things worse.

excited to see them go beyond the gate wasn't expecting it so soon
Aug 14, 2015 7:04 PM

Mar 2013
Anyone else find the irony in Pina Co Lada when the bandits attacked Italica how she was talking about her training and tolerated her body being violated maybe 1-5 times, but going crazy if she got raped (100x). Then sends her knight out to make things right?

"Use your body... I mean the force, Luke"
Aug 14, 2015 7:24 PM

Apr 2014
lol at brightness without ignite any candles in the room did they have Electric lamps or they have a bunch magic stuff lol so much for realistic style thank a lot A-1Pictures .
Aug 14, 2015 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
Tried making a review on this episode using MAL's blog feature.
http://myanimelist.net/blog/seal308
Tell me what you think.
Aug 14, 2015 8:11 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, quite fun, a lot of concern on the part of the princess and her companions, well, nothing to be concerned, but this has yielded great scenes, well as they interacting with the maids, the plot comes excited me more than I thought, I'm already looking forward to the visit to Japan next episode ..
Aug 14, 2015 8:50 PM
Mar 2013
Haha, I knew it.
Even Rory Mercury felt uneasy when she was with a talkative aunt.
Aug 14, 2015 9:33 PM

Dec 2013
Lovely transition episode.
Pina finally got to see what she was up against, though her horror at the thought of facing the JSDF was more pronounced.
Itami living every Otaku's dream. I wish they kept his line when he woke up asking "How did I end up in a Maid Café in Akiba?", but it was still all good.

Next episode is gonna be major culture shock for the girls. Am gonna love seeing it.

Oh, and Tuka is a High Elf, even in their world, they're a rare breed.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 14, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
Lucky Itami.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 14, 2015 11:17 PM
Jul 2015
bobzanny said:

Plus I thought it was funny with Pina Co Lada's logic..."We need to make this go away!" "Go have sex with him!"

[spoiler]
Harem? There are a dark elf slave named Yao and Risa, his ex-wife.

Yes, Pina's logic is like politician in third world countries. She tried to bribe Itami.
Aug 15, 2015 12:09 AM

Nov 2014
Had quite a bit of fun this episode. Persia-san looks cute in anime form.
Aug 15, 2015 12:09 AM

Jun 2015
Solid episode. Loved the "Culture Exchange" scenes. Now that they're entering Japan, can't wait to see what happens next!

Never forget Rory!

Aug 15, 2015 12:33 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, Pina is so hot with her hair down.. she should've done that more often.

So excited to see next week's episode!
Aug 15, 2015 1:12 AM

Sep 2013
Finally they're going to Japan.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 15, 2015 1:16 AM

Aug 2014
I feel that I'm going to laugh so much in the next episode. I just love this anime.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Aug 15, 2015 1:22 AM

Aug 2008
Is it smart to allow Rory free roam on Earth with that giant scythe? She should be obviously oblivious to modern 1st world human culture. She could, say, easily slaughter a purse thief or something...

Annuvin said:
DesuTronic said:
I didn't know the elf girl was that powerful

Makes one wonder if the JSDF actually have as overwhelming advantage as they think.

Also, Gate keeps bending time this episode too, I didn't even notice when 20 minutes passed.

Well, anything besides god class can be overpowered with our current level of technology. With ICBM's/Nukes. And yes, she can put people to sleep. But her ability probably has a limited area of effect, so therefore, it's useless without the element of surprise. Furthermore, the superior range of conventional Earth-weaponry can also kill her.
Case in point, a single fire-drake can raze a whole village of said elves with ease. While in turn, said dragon can be slaughtered with a bunch of hellfire missiles...
Aug 15, 2015 1:52 AM

Nov 2012
This episode was really entertaining as any of the 7 released to date. Except of the middling portrayal of Piña in anger and the astonishment and delight of Kurata and Itami when they saw the non-human maids, it was good. I also was hoping to see a talk between the head maid and Rory but they compressed it in just two sentences.
The emissary outfits of Bozes Co Palesti and Piña Co Lada were really nice. Hope to see interesting action in Japan when they cross they gate in episode 8.
Aug 15, 2015 1:56 AM

Aug 2012
Next week .Can't wait >.<
Aug 15, 2015 2:49 AM

Jan 2011
Kyoukek said:
GATE: Monster Girls Edition

Haha this.

Damn... Itami's a ranger.

Can't wait to see once they get to Japan.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Aug 15, 2015 3:15 AM

Mar 2010
This series just keeps getting better each week. Best waking up ever for the lucky bastard Itami. I also loved to see Pina's reaction to the JSDF's weaponry. Next weeks episode will be awesome as they are finally going back to Japan.
Aug 15, 2015 5:35 AM

Mar 2015
neolucaman said:
lol at brightness without ignite any candles in the room did they have Electric lamps or they have a bunch magic stuff lol so much for realistic style thank a lot A-1Pictures .

There were windows.

Three really big windows with nice yellow curtains.
Top_SergeantAug 15, 2015 6:40 AM
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 15, 2015 7:22 AM

Aug 2015
I did not like that the blond got annoyed for being ignored. I mean she is supposed to be a Strong Warrior and yet she lost her composure so easily. They sacrifice the integrity of a character for some lame slapstick humour. Other than that it was an interesting episode. I did not know the Elf was that powerful, pretty neat.
Aug 15, 2015 7:32 AM

Apr 2012
stupid jokes, shitty graphics, maid, monster-girls - thats all
2,5/10, drop after next ep
Aug 15, 2015 7:34 AM

Oct 2014
Itami's harem keeps on growing all the girls were super cute

Can't wait for next ep
Aug 15, 2015 7:35 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode so far, nothing bad about the Anime till now. Gotten used to the characters and all that good stuff. Next episode's gonna be outside the gate, let's see how they're gonna be like in the real world.
Aug 15, 2015 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
Wait so in the manga the princess red hair didnt belittle Itami but on the anime she says that the blond girl is a waste for a small man like Itami.... if someone reads the LN what exactly happened on that scene? it bothers me greatly.
Aug 15, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2014
Wow he really missed the chance to have fun with that blond girl.. well anyways he got what he wanted : a cat maid girl.

Aug 15, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2010
so like can everyone can speak each others languages now or what? Some scenes they can and some they cant... whats happening there? am i to assume blue hair is an omnipresent translator?

whats up with useless animal head girls? poor attempt at fanservice?
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Aug 15, 2015 11:57 AM

May 2010
Sleep magic is pretty cool. The fact that it is over a big course makes it even more effective.

I am rooting for Lelei x Itami even if Tuka seems like the main girl.
Aug 15, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2011
Rory on Japan? Run while you can.

» Escapism.

Aug 15, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2015
SansrivaaL said:
Wait so in the manga the princess red hair didnt belittle Itami but on the anime she says that the blond girl is a waste for a small man like Itami.... if someone reads the LN what exactly happened on that scene? it bothers me greatly.

That comment is more about his rank. She's lamenting that she thinks she has to give one of her subordinate noblewoman's chastity to the leader of a squadron instead of, say, a General or what they would consider a "Lord".

lunaticsrus said:
so like can everyone can speak each others languages now or what? Some scenes they can and some they cant... whats happening there? am i to assume blue hair is an omnipresent translator?

whats up with useless animal head girls? poor attempt at fanservice?

If you've been paying attention, the series began at the summer convention, and now they're going back to Japan during the winter convention. Several months have passed, most of Itami's squad can passably speak in the local language. The 3 main girls (Lelei especially, mage yo) can passably speak Japanese. It makes sense that the Commanders who don't leave Arnus don't speak the local language well and would need a translator.

Also, fantasy world bro, elves n' all that. :P
Aug 15, 2015 1:12 PM

Jun 2013
waking up to four cute monster girls he must feels like he's in heaven lol
Aug 15, 2015 1:13 PM
Nov 2012
Kelgair said:
SansrivaaL said:
That comment is more about his rank. She's lamenting that she thinks she has to give one of her subordinate noblewoman's chastity to the leader of a squadron instead of, say, a General or what they would consider a "Lord".
Right. They come from a culture where a daughter of a noble house might be given in marriage as part of a settlement to end a war.

Pina has been repeatedly forced to deal from a position of weakness. That's new to her, and she doesn't like it. Now she's headed for the enemy capital, and is rightfully worried.
Aug 15, 2015 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
This show knows how to do HYPE. I love it. I'm so excited for next episode.

This episode though.. poor Pina. Oh man she was so scared.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 15, 2015 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
Itami had a great time in this one. The next episode will be interesting, finally they go to Japan !
Aug 15, 2015 3:05 PM
Oct 2012
Desraider said:
I did not like that the blond got annoyed for being ignored. I mean she is supposed to be a Strong Warrior and yet she lost her composure so easily.

Oh come now, that was exactly how she would have acted. Before being a strong warrior, she is a proud, arrogant noblewoman. For sake of country she is willing to sacrifice her virginity to seduce the barbarian, but then he doesn't even NOTICE her sacrifice. Of course she would lose her composure.
Aug 15, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2014
Kelgair said:
SansrivaaL said:

I know, thats why Im asking if what happened on the LN is different since the manga showed it in a different way, instead of belittling Itami she even thought of giving 2 of the girls to him and later said ''Itami seems like a special kind of man to fall for it''
Aug 15, 2015 5:41 PM

Aug 2015
Takuan_Soho said:

Oh come now, that was exactly how she would have acted. Before being a strong warrior, she is a proud, arrogant noblewoman. For sake of country she is willing to sacrifice her virginity to seduce the barbarian, but then he doesn't even NOTICE her sacrifice. Of course she would lose her composure.

You make some good arguments but the fear of being responsible for a possible war should have overwritten any overreaction. I can agree that she could lose her composure but dropping low enough to walk up to him and slap him feels a bit like a reach.
Aug 15, 2015 5:51 PM
Oct 2012
Desraider said:
You make some good arguments but the fear of being responsible for a possible war should have overwritten any overreaction. I can agree that she could lose her composure but dropping low enough to walk up to him and slap him feels a bit like a reach.

At that point she has no idea how strong the JSDF is, unlike Pina she hasn't seen them in battle yet. Also, the Rose Brigade had never actually fought a battle (as the king implied when he sent Pina out), so they really don't understand battles, and they have bought into the propaganda that the Empire is unbeatable. Remember how Pina reacted when she first heard about the JSDF winning, the blonde didn't even have that small amount of warning.

But more importantly, honor is what the empire was about. People nowadays don't understand how totally important it used to be because a gun "equalizes" honor. But before guns, battles were fought by people who had to hack their way through their opponents, and those with courage and a sense of honor were far superior to those who lacked either. This is what Pina was talking about when she said that the JSDF were like Valkyries laughing at mortals, all that courage would bring to these soldiers is to be slaughtered (this goes back to the second episode when the alliance army continued to attack). Virtues are now vices.

So the blonde had her honor at stake, and Itami inadvertently trampled on it. Again, he is lucky that is all she did to him. And she is lucky that her pride and ignorance didn't get her killed.
Aug 15, 2015 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
Best episode so far, only time the cheesy fanservice didn't bother me :D Itami hasn't been good in puling off those funny moments until this episode to me :)
Aug 15, 2015 11:11 PM

Jun 2013
Behind this gate lies...

GURORIASU NIPPON! BANZAI!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Would I like this?

UberBat - Sep 17

13 by Haydorwaldor »»
Sep 18, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

284 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 16, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

163 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 15, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

188 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 13, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

285 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 12, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.