Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 13, 2015 1:11 PM
Dec 2013
tsudecimo said:

Comparing a long runner to a cour anime is pointless.

Pokemon has been running for 15+ years and it still looks way better than this. There really is no excuse for this shit
Aug 13, 2015 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:

This anime just aired and is on episode 5, what long runner?
Aug 13, 2015 1:52 PM

May 2009
joa12222 said:
tsudecimo said:

Pokemon has been running for 15+ years and it still looks way better than this. There really is no excuse for this shit

O yes... pokemon AAA Quality this season, pikachu is fucking op man.

ShoryuukenAug 13, 2015 1:55 PM
Aug 13, 2015 2:44 PM

Nov 2013
ms paint ftw
Aug 13, 2015 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
Madara vs Shinobis, supposedly

tsudecimo said:
cronosteso23 said:
this episode was one of the worst ever

Still had better animation than Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Thanks God, Naruto exists: it's a masterpiece just because
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Aug 13, 2015 3:22 PM

May 2009
HandsomeMan said:
ms paint ftw

Maybe I should also switch my forum pic to a derp Goku. Y'all should consider doing it too.
Aug 13, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2014
Kowimen said:
I'm curious how Toei will react, even the japanese fans are super [超] angry.

I'm not really a fan of the modern animation of Dragon Ball at all, but the animation of this episode was just overkill.

Good ol' animation, I miss you so much..

Holy shit the bottom one is how we know DB, where did you get it from?
Aug 13, 2015 4:08 PM

Nov 2013
Shoryuuken said:
HandsomeMan said:
ms paint ftw

Maybe I should also switch my forum pic to a derp Goku. Y'all should consider doing it too.

Yes, everyone needs to get on this asap. Luckily there are many forms of derp Goku in episode 5 to choose from. Even derp Beerus if you're feeling like a bit of a daredevil.
Aug 13, 2015 4:29 PM

Jun 2014
cronosteso23 said:
Madara vs Shinobis, supposedly

holy shit
Aug 13, 2015 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
Preview of the episode 6 also looks derpy. Stahp toei.
Aug 13, 2015 5:58 PM

Apr 2014
With this fight, it show how powerless Goku is against Bell...
With Goku strongest form...got beat in 2 hits and was not even trying.
This just get even more interesting...wonder if it would be like the movie.
Aug 14, 2015 3:44 AM

Nov 2013
Gikiseima said:
but.. still better than this one

I can see some of those facial expressions as actually being harder to draw which makes me more forgiving. Also Dragon Ball Super just messed up with pretty normal facial expressions and ended up in just lacking overall detail. Also found that not all of them were actually bad animation, there were a few that were just silly moments like when he got hit into the ground, the animation didn't seem that bad but the logic kinda fails.

And the really derp face of Pain seemed to be an artistic choice and not a lack of detail, though I can admit that it was probably not a good choice. So I'm not saying that Naruto did a good job with Pain but when it comes to animation, this episode really takes the crown for being worse.
Aug 14, 2015 4:31 AM

Feb 2015
HandsomeMan said:
I guess no point in commenting on animation since over 9000 comments have been left about it already...

Oh, who am I kidding, I came here to say ANIMATION SUCKED ASS!!!

Damn I wanted to use that as my avatar :(

The animation was just awful the slice of life episodes had some decent animation but a battle gets this? and this is dragonball they can afford to pump money into but their being tight bastards.

King kai's voice still bugging the shit out of me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2015 4:41 AM

Nov 2013
Royalirishman said:
HandsomeMan said:
I guess no point in commenting on animation since over 9000 comments have been left about it already...

Oh, who am I kidding, I came here to say ANIMATION SUCKED ASS!!!

Damn I wanted to use that as my avatar :(

The animation was just awful the slice of life episodes had some decent animation but a battle gets this? and this is dragonball they can afford to pump money into but their being tight bastards.

King kai's voice still bugging the shit out of me

I just went through frame by frame on the battle scene in ep 5 and screen captured this image. But there were looooads hilarious Goku faces there that I wanted to use (at one point I though about making a gif but I don't like using gifs on forums). So you can find plenty of funny ones which are different from this one.
Aug 14, 2015 6:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Taito10 said:
Tokoya said:
Pierrot made one bad adaptation and now they're on the same level as Toei.....Wut

Naruto Shippuden, Tokyo Ghoul, Beezlebub. Pierrot is bad studio as Toei (maybe a little better but this dont change anything) so dont even try protect this hopeless studio.
Wow I'm responding to this late

1. I was referring to Tokyo Ghoul

2. Shipuuden isn't being adapted badly, they're just filling the anime with tons of filler for only god knows why and even then, not all of them have been bad.....Besides, it's a long running shounen anyway so it hardly even counts

3. Haven't watched the series myself by even then going by what little I've heard about it and even the scores on here and elsewhere, it's not even that bad =/

What about series like Akatsuki no Yona, GTO, Kingdom, Baby Steps and the legendary Yu Yu Hakusho etc? Their positive to negative ratio is vastly towards the positive bro

I want you to name 5 other anime than obvious long running shounen like Bleach that's SO BAD that it's Toei level...Heck, their most recent series Re-Kan wasn't even bad at all
Aug 14, 2015 6:54 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Gikiseima said:
but.. still better than this one

The art looks pretty weird but the animation itself for that Madara vs Everyone episode was pretty good

Seriously people need to learn the difference between animation and art style
Aug 14, 2015 6:56 PM

Oct 2014
Not to mention that in the Pain episode, the art style was a choice, and not a lack of detail and effort like Toei's.

But meh anime fans are always ignorant. A good portion of them confuse animation with art, and basically ''I don't like this animation = this animation is bad''.
Aug 14, 2015 7:07 PM

Sep 2011
Now the masses know the glory of toei animation, how long until this series one up's this

how the fuck does this shitty studio get away with this even for their big sellers

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 14, 2015 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
Now the masses know the glory of toei animation, how long until this series one up's this

how the fuck does this shitty studio get away with this even for their big sellers

Haha wow!
Aug 14, 2015 9:08 PM

Jan 2014
That episode was bad overall, not just the animation. Even with better animation, the fight would still be so boring. Power-up, attack, lose, repeat.

And if King Kai's seiyuu is too old and can't do his job well anymore then don't push him! Just find someone else that's more capable.
Aug 15, 2015 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
even though the animation is terrible, i still enjoyed this episode!

Aug 15, 2015 5:27 AM
Dec 2013
This episode was a goddamn mess.
Aug 15, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2015

This is bad
Aug 16, 2015 4:21 AM

Jul 2009
Of course Goku would try to fight with Beerus...and Vegeta will do the same too, oh my, those guys can't think of other things can they?! But it was funny to see Goku having his a** kicked so fast.
Aug 17, 2015 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
I wonder if Vegeta will start a fight with Beerus too.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Aug 17, 2015 7:43 PM

Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
Taito10 said:

Naruto Shippuden, Tokyo Ghoul, Beezlebub. Pierrot is bad studio as Toei (maybe a little better but this dont change anything) so dont even try protect this hopeless studio.
Wow I'm responding to this late

1. I was referring to Tokyo Ghoul

2. Shipuuden isn't being adapted badly, they're just filling the anime with tons of filler for only god knows why and even then, not all of them have been bad.....Besides, it's a long running shounen anyway so it hardly even counts

3. Haven't watched the series myself by even then going by what little I've heard about it and even the scores on here and elsewhere, it's not even that bad =/

What about series like Akatsuki no Yona, GTO, Kingdom, Baby Steps and the legendary Yu Yu Hakusho etc? Their positive to negative ratio is vastly towards the positive bro

I want you to name 5 other anime than obvious long running shounen like Bleach that's SO BAD that it's Toei level...Heck, their most recent series Re-Kan wasn't even bad at all

Honestly the horrible fillers are Pierrot's fault too, since the writers come from the studio so honestly I'd put

--Naruto Shippuuden, ( not only had some pretty badly animated episodes nowadys but the filler just kills the flow )
--Bleach ( filler killed the adaptation, Bleach fillers wwere ten thousand worst than naruto)
--Tokyo Ghoul first season - horrible adaptation
--Tokyo Ghoul root A - horrible alternate adaption that made no sense/ bad animation
--Belzebub - they butchered the ending

--not exactly an anime but they butchered Korra's animation for a time
http://new1.fjcdn.com/comments/4842098+_1b7db57c0cf6a7b953d0030e29bf3e3d.png

I wouldn't say they are horrible like Toei but...
Pierrot is not the top tier studio from back then anymore and dare I say when they fuck over a project they fuck it over spetacularly, however they had some recent success like Akatsuki no Yona
MightyM16Aug 17, 2015 7:47 PM
Aug 18, 2015 7:48 AM
Aug 19, 2015 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
DRAGON BALL SUPER NEW OP

YOU MUST WATCH IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrcxeQau1E
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Aug 20, 2015 2:20 PM

May 2015
terrible animation in the first battle of Super come on toei the storytelling was fine but the animation was horrible let's hope this doesn't become a trend and they fix the animation in future episodes
Aug 20, 2015 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
Goku got his ass handed to him.
臭い-
Aug 22, 2015 3:31 AM

Aug 2012
So, the animation was bad, am I right? & the answer is yes, this episodes animation was bad, really bad. But the sad thing about this episode is, is that good animation would *not* have made the fight any good. Better? Sure! Good, nope. thecescshow Already mentioned the pattern that this fight derived off but the really painful part was that the pattern didn't just relate to the structure. There was no variety to the losses or even really, Goku's strategy until he turned Super Saiyan 3. It was like the fight was stuck on loop for the first two-thirds of the fight & there's hardly any exciting happening once Goku does turn SSJ3. Not to mention, the length of this fight totally devalues the impact from Beerus defeating Goku in two blows. In Battle of Gods this fight is very quick, it's concise and to the point. Here it's a slow grind to the finish but the fact that we seen Beerus just play around with Goku for over ten minutes (? time check) makes the difference in their powers abundantly clear and the fight ends up feeling even more redundant, as if it was just shoving it in your face that yes, Beerus is far stronger than Goku. I don't want to just come in here and just go "Battle of Gods was so good, this sucks" but the problem is this adaption is flawed even if I dropped the comparison. I hope I made it clear this past paragraph that my complaints with this episode extend past both the animation and it as an adaption. Which, yes I don't think animation is good and I think this has been a pretty shitty adaptation so far. But on a positive note, I did like the OST.

Also, Battle of Gods had twenty minutes cut from it and I've never seen those scenes, I wonder if the series will cover those or if it'll just ignore them. Kinda interested in seeing which direction that goes, not that I'll really be able to pick up, I know some of what happens in it but not a whole lot.
Aug 23, 2015 2:31 AM

Aug 2014
saddy34 said:

LOL
this is very sad what they did to dragon ball i wonder to know if here will be better version on bluray which they will sell anyway toei suck someone should kick the animators from the studio. Also i dont understand why they use parts from dbz but they dont use parts from battle of gods where animation is epic...
Aug 23, 2015 12:01 PM

Nov 2007
was this made in flash? wtf man
This better be a fucking joke
The story could get very interesting but it has to be REALLY good to put up with this shit animation
Oct 10, 2015 2:06 AM

Nov 2009
LOL what the fuck was that animation, Good grief.
Oct 14, 2015 6:23 AM

Nov 2010
saddy34 said:

LOL

Rofl
Jan 29, 2016 4:34 PM

Jan 2016
That animation though..............
Mar 13, 2016 4:22 AM
Feb 2016
Theorder14 said:
Fartrell-sama said:
I apparently have very low standards Dx .. im just such a big DragonBall fanboy i could see no wrong while i was watching it lol.if anything i was like was oh my gawwwdd!
Probably has to do with me being baked lmfao hahah. i barely just barely noticed naruto vs pain back then too haha. Damn, im terrible at critiquing anime, im just a simple, sucker for fighting anime.

You couldn't see anything wrong with these? http://imgur.com/GQYQgY1

I am new here, and can't tell if your sign is a joke or not.

Please tell me it is a joke
PM me if you want me to reply, I don't check the forums again after I reply

Jun 6, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2016
...Late to the party, but yeah. I stopped watching DBS around episode 20ish? Around the time it starts getting into the Gold Frieza part, because...

Man. I just couldn't stand it anymore.
"Pretty easy work, for a god." ~ Freya - Valkyrie Profile

Nov 27, 2016 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
He got owned, Beerus is merciful so far.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 8, 2017 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
I just don't have words...
Feb 5, 2017 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
[English Dub] 8/10
Epic Fight. Loved the nostalgia of the Awesome Transformations.
Amazing Performance from Everyone as well. Awesome Performance from Sean Schemmel. Hilarious too with King Kai, Whis and Goku, haha. ... Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 5, 2017 7:32 PM

May 2013
Great episode, Beerus is OP. I'm curious to see how Goku, and Vegeta will handle things moving forward

Jan 26, 2021 10:17 AM

Jun 2019
"Yeah, Let's go see Yamcha" - Jealous Vegeta.
Dec 4, 2022 12:33 PM

Nov 2020
Wow! Lord Beerus is the strongest foe ever encountered by Goku! He was knocked out with just 3 hits!
This will be interesting!
Apr 12, 2023 12:55 PM

Dec 2018
bro how you gonna get magical wishing items together and then just give them away as a bingo prize
Oct 19, 2023 8:36 AM

Jan 2021
Goku got beat... In 2 hits...
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

88 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

146 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2017

85 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 68 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

66 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 25, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

179 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 23, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.