Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2015 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
The girls' swimsuits are cute.

I'm pretty sure that Kei probably has already turned into a zombie.
Aug 6, 2015 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
Uhh they have a car. Why not escape this town with it?
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Aug 6, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
how the anime handled this flashback is good, but you didn't know it was a flashback until they found out about taromaru and miki. in other words, there should have been a clearer explanation of it being a flashback, because the scenes with the school gang in the last episode made you think it was still the present time, and not months into the zombie outbreak. i'm still enjoying the anime/manga, but i just wanted to point that confusion out.
NintensityCrowdsDec 14, 2015 4:18 PM
Aug 6, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
abyss333 said:

They have food, water and everything they need. Why should they escape? And where should they go?
Aug 6, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
Kurumi is awesome with her out fit!

Aug 6, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2015
Zeando said:
Aversa said:
Yuki is starting to get back to reality, well just a bit.
danieltortoisee said:
On the bright side, Yuki seems to be finally beginning to acknowledge the situation. Hopefully this will make her less annoying in future episodes than she has been so far.

considering this was all a flashback, it seems she sometimes snaps out of it when things become real serious, and then goes back to the delusion state as nothing happened

Which shows us that she still has a 1% view on the situation in reality
Aug 6, 2015 11:59 AM
Aug 2014
This show is rapidly becoming one of my favorites, if only for the sheer jarring difference in tones. It's like watching two shows simultaneously. And it's awesome.

Yuki though... *sigh* That girl is gonna get somebody killed one day.
Aug 6, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
After a bright start, I'm beginning to have problems with this adaptation. Namely cutting out genuinely substantial scenes in favour of more pretty vapid Taroumaru scenes, and the fact that next episode will make it the fourth flashback episode in a row, which is too much for any show. Not to mention the adaptation didn't really fix the confusing actions involved with Miki's rescue scene.

The episode had its good points, but it was still the worst one so far in my eyes.
Aug 6, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
DannySun24 said:

I feel like she already got someone killed *cough*Megu-nee*cough*
Aug 6, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
abyss333 said:

They have food, water and everything they need. Why should they escape? And where should they go?

I think maybe he said Military base all Manga game Movie Anime our Main Characters go there to get more weapons or supply and vehicle car tank or they can get vehicle boat.

Aug 6, 2015 12:11 PM

Jan 2015
Amarrez said:
and the fact that next episode will make it the fourth flashback episode in a row, whic.h is too much for any show.

Yep, four flashback episodes in a row bother me too, it'd have been better not to put Miki in the beginning so these episodes weren't flashbacks...it's like the actual plot is not doing progressions and we have another flashback after miki's backstory... But still i like this adaptation. The way they execute some scenes is perfect, i prefer the anime than the manga sometimes.

5 flashback episodes vs 7 normal episodes. Umm... at least i hope they'll execute better the second half of the anime and hopefully a second season without flashbacks.
XenocrisiAug 6, 2015 12:15 PM
Aug 6, 2015 12:17 PM

Apr 2014
Best girl goes to no other than Kurumi.
They should just throw Yuki at those zombies LOL.
And they finally meet up with Miki...
Megumi is no where to be seen when they go rescue Miki which concluded that she is already dead long ago.
Aug 6, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2015
All I can say is that
MizunashiAug 6, 2015 12:23 PM
Aug 6, 2015 12:22 PM
Jul 2015
Pretty interesting episode, I really like the rescue scene. One of the best anime in this season.
I'm so damn curious about Kei >_< I'm kind of tempted to read the manga but I don't want to spoil me the fun of next episodes Y_Y
Aug 6, 2015 12:25 PM

Aug 2015
PulciniVerdi said:
Pretty interesting episode, I really like the rescue scene. One of the best anime in this season.
I'm so damn curious about Kei >_< I'm kind of tempted to read the manga but I don't want to spoil me the fun of next episodes Y_Y
Just wait for the anime to end before reading the manga because they changed so many things here in this adaptation.
Aug 6, 2015 12:29 PM

Feb 2011
terminador_2397 said:
Zeando said:

considering this was all a flashback, it seems she sometimes snaps out of it when things become real serious, and then goes back to the delusion state as nothing happened

yup, she's using the delusions to cover what she can't accept but she's not totally blind

Shrimperor said:
DannySun24 said:

and she already also saved someone *cough*miki
having both kurumi and yuuri saying she was imagining things when she did hear miki calling for help was sad

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 6, 2015 12:32 PM

Jan 2015
fredchickens said:
All I can say is that

They'll skip it 90% but not really sure. It was pretty depressing, yeah.
Aug 6, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Zeando said:
terminador_2397 said:

yup, she's using the delusions to cover what she can't accept but she's not totally blind

Shrimperor said:

and she already also saved someone *cough*miki
having both kurumi and yuuri saying she was imagining things when she did hear miki calling for help was sad

It is sad because they're shown to be used to her delusions at this point and probably can't take everything she says seriously anymore
Aug 6, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:
abyss333 said:

It's funny because one of the girls killed herself when she was in the exact same situation.
Aug 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2015
I really like how they adapted the mall events. I could even say it made more sense here than in the manga. A couple of inconsistencies as someone commented before, but still enjoyable.

The girls keep noticing how the zombies kinda "continue with their daily lives".

E-even Yuki has bigger boobs than me...orz.

Yuki sleeping in the classroom kinda reminded me of the ending, in which she sleeps in the club.

Except for that in the dream one, her 3 friends turned into zombies.
Dreams_of_NekoAug 6, 2015 4:56 PM
Aug 6, 2015 1:11 PM

Oct 2010
Xenocrisi said:
5 flashback episodes vs 7 normal episodes. Umm... at least i hope they'll execute better the second half of the anime and hopefully a second season without flashbacks.

Next week might also be a flashback episode judging from the preview and the title for next ep.

fredchickens said:
All I can say is that

I hope they animate that too. Hopefully on their drive back.
Aug 6, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2015
Paulo27 said:
Xenocrisi said:

It's funny because one of the girls killed herself when she was in the exact same situation.

they were in 2, without a car and in a very small room. they would be crazed.

YoxalLoyal said:
Xenocrisi said:

Next week might also be a flashback episode judging from the preview and the title for next ep.

Episode 3 half flashback so (0.5), episode 4 full flashback (0.5+1), episode 5 full flashback (0.5+1+1), episode 6 full flashback i think, so (0.5+1+1+1) and another half episode flashback/ full flashback episode (0.5+0.5/1+1+1+1)

0.5+0.5+1+1+1= 4 ----> flashback episodes out of 12
0.5+1+1+1+1= 4.5 ----> flashback episodes out of 12
Aug 6, 2015 1:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-08-06/zombie-anime-school-live-soars-to-the-top-of-summer-anime-poll/.91355

Doesn't say much cause of the number of votes, but still. Loving the popularity for Gakkou Gurashi. Really makes up for the stagnating MAL rank, after all, popularity and sells are much more important.
Aug 6, 2015 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
Smudy said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-08-06/zombie-anime-school-live-soars-to-the-top-of-summer-anime-poll/.91355

Doesn't say much cause of the number of votes, but still. Loving the popularity for Gakkou Gurashi. Really makes up for the stagnating MAL rank, after all, popularity and sells are much more important.

umm yes, it was predictable. The first episode has been viewed on Nico Nico over 2'000'000 times, the 2nd episode 1'300'000 times, the 3rd episode 1'150'000 times and the 4th episode 900'000 times from what i remember xD pretty impressive.
XenocrisiAug 6, 2015 2:03 PM
Aug 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Paulo27 said:

they were in 2, without a car and in a very small room. they would be crazed.
The other girl would probably drive out of town if she had one though, she wasn't happy because she lacked space, I don't see how getting more people and expanding the room a bit helps, if anything, she's just going to take a bit longer before she decides she wants to leave but would leave regardless they had food or water a plenty.
Aug 6, 2015 3:32 PM
Oct 2014
abyss333 said:

Well, it's not as easy as that. They still have a fort with a garden to provide staple supply of food, so that is a reason to continue the hold-up. Since there group is nowhere as big or well capable of dispatching multiple zombies like Grime's group in The Walking Dead, leaving permanently requires a clear destination.
Aug 6, 2015 3:37 PM

Mar 2015
I wish I could just spoil everyone about Megu-nee but since I can't spoil beyond this point I'm just gonna say that I loved this episode especially the part when Yuki meets Taroumaru, is just too cute :3

In episode 6 everyone will get pissed at Miki's behavior for sure and they will clarify some flashbacks as well. I'm seriously going to cry next week.
Aug 6, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2015
Sekai_ said:
I'm seriously going to cry next week.
Aug 6, 2015 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
They DID change Kei's part in the OP. I KNEW IT
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Aug 6, 2015 3:48 PM
Oct 2014
This episode impressed me. It once again mixes perfectly the cheerful facade with the dire and grim reality that makes me both laugh and feel unsettled at the same time. The series is sticking to its forte, which is its excellent use of tone shift to get the audience at the edge of their seat.

Animation looks fantastic when it comes to the contrast between the cute, colorful design of the characters and the rundown background. There is consistency and zooming shots don't look too bad, though the zombies appear to be a bit cheesy.

Spoiler alert with this one scene which I want to bring up.

Also, Kurumi sliding down the escalator and performing a dropkick on those zombies, that scene makes me go YES! YES! YES!.

Overall, my verdict is 4.5/5. This is shaping up to be one of the best anime of the season in my opinion. It's a strange mixture, but it succeeds in not being self-conflicted while keeping us audience entertained.
Aug 6, 2015 3:49 PM

May 2015
Great episode, damn, some moments were intense. Also, gotta love some of the lighthearted stuff, like when they were trying out some clothes, even though they're in this zombie apocalypse world now.

Aug 6, 2015 4:09 PM

Feb 2015
Yeah, still disappointed with Miki's character development and story being stunted. Enough of being disappointed with what we didn't get; what we did get was still great! The idea that Yuki is still possibly oblivious to what's going on is really helping to keep them cheery in the face of such danger and tragedy. Even Kurumi was being incautiously excited when they suggested trying on clothes :3

Loved how they kept the suspense high throughout. It really did feel as though Miki could be getting left behind in spite of knowing that she would escape at some point.

We're about up to where I stopped reading the manga, so I have no idea what comes next. So excited!
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Aug 6, 2015 4:12 PM

Nov 2014
I love this show, Yuki is fucked up in the head
Hi there
Aug 6, 2015 4:19 PM
Aug 2015
Riotstarter said:
They DID change Kei's part in the OP. I KNEW IT

So at the end of the OP there are 4 quicks shots that show:
- The teacher & yuki's "friends"
- Kei
- Taromaru
- Megu-nee

The first two already changed to a "zombie" version, and Megu-nee fate no longer makes any doubt.
Which leaves us with... yeah :/

Actually, the Taromaru shot did change already, he got a leash after the first episode.
Maybe it's just a big troll but I'm still worried :/
Aug 6, 2015 4:25 PM

Mar 2013
abyss333 said:

1. They don't know how far this thing goes, it could be nationwide. If it's across Japan then they won't know where the next safe zone is so it's much better to stay in the safe zone you know of where you have supplies to last a considerably amount of time.

2. Even if it is limited to this one city, it's probably quarantined and barricaded by the military to the point where the army would shoot on sight at anything that moves and there's no guarantee they'd be let out.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Aug 6, 2015 4:46 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode so far in my opinion!!!!
Aug 6, 2015 5:18 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Stark700 said:
Interesting how they used loud noise to repel some of the zombies though.

I thought that was pretty interesting as well and what made the episode well worth to watch. Actually the fact with zombies, their hearing is much better than an actual humans. Plus they also cannot see it seems. So they're basically attracted to noises. Anything they hear, they'll go after. Excellent hearing.

Can't wait for next weeks episode. All the flashbacks though kinda had me a bit confused while watching. But pretty much got it. :P
Aug 6, 2015 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
Op changed and it showed Kei......
Aug 6, 2015 5:59 PM

Apr 2015
Flashback showing Miki's joining was nicely done. There's also some foreshadowing on Megu-nee there, and I can't say I didn't get excitement from seeing Yuki remember something. Decent episode.
Aug 6, 2015 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
even with a little fanservice for the best "girls" they somehow manage to transit from the lighter to more serious tones pretty well.

this whole episode i kinda had Megu-nee blurred out of my mind...not looking forward to finding out what happened to her.
Aug 6, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2015
Cherishire said:
Stark700 said:
Interesting how they used loud noise to repel some of the zombies though.

I thought that was pretty interesting as well and what made the episode well worth to watch. Actually the fact with zombies, their hearing is much better than an actual humans. Plus they also cannot see it seems. So they're basically attracted to noises. Anything they hear, they'll go after. Excellent hearing.

Where do you get the info about their hearing? Or are you talking about zombies in general?

As for the sight, it seems that they can actually see. In episode 2, when they went to the school library, a zombie appeared and for a moment we got to see through his eyes. The vision was grey or greeenish and slightly distorsioned, but he could see Yuki-chan.
Aug 6, 2015 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
Megu-nee confirmed dead. I assume she sacrificed herself at some point during the whole roof sequence or shortly after it.

Kei in the opening as she was trying to leave. Seeing as she was being so passive when she was walking (it looked like she didn't care at all) I assume she died there, but I guess it's possible she was trying to not attract attention by running. My guess is on the former though.

Kurumi best girl. But...why didn't she barricade the doors again? She just closed them and ran. Then again, it must have been quite a shock seeing all those zombies in there, not to mention the children, so I don't blame her for not thinking that far ahead. Don't death flag yourself tho D: pls.

Yuki's adorable and I love her, but I really hope she snaps out of her illusion soon. As she is she's a hindrance and danger to the others. That and it's obvious her brain doesn't filter out everything and she does see things for what they really are sometimes.

It was interesting to see the zombies stunned by that alarm thing. Convenient but I wonder why it stuns them.

Lastly, as interesting as Gakkou Gurashi is I'm getting really tired of these flashbacks. It would've been better if they had done all the flashbacks first imo. Hopefully we'll get a second season with minimal flashbacks.
Aug 6, 2015 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Why can't all zombie apocalypse stories be this good

Couldn't agree with you more on that, HaXX.

I'm still speculating on what to think of this:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2015 7:05 PM

Mar 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Op changed and it showed Kei......

I'm actually wondering if it'll change each week now until either she gets to safety or is revealed as a zombie. It'll be like the OP has its own mini plot going on.
Aug 6, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2014
Spiritchuck said:
HaXXspetten said:
Why can't all zombie apocalypse stories be this good

Couldn't agree with you more on that, HaXX.

I'm still speculating on what to think of this:

Megu-nee surrounded by zombies and she's holding her arm, implying she was bitten. Whether she got cornered or sacrificed herself is still up in the air though, but my guess is on the latter. She seems like the kind of teacher who would do that for her students.

Also, your sig fooled me. Tried to swat it away.
Aug 6, 2015 7:27 PM

Apr 2015
llcruz said:
Megu-nee is dead, confirmed. Even though it was pretty obvious.

Yup i mean the other people tries not to interact with her and stuff, so sad tho i really liked megu nee
Aug 6, 2015 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, even in an extremely difficult situation the girls still can have fun in shopping, but also faced very difficult moments, however Kurumi and Yuuri are always careful and moreover very cute, gradually I'll realizing that take care of Yuki also motivates the girls to stay alive and keep fighting in this situation, I look forward to continue watching ..
Aug 6, 2015 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
Oh boy.. that teddy bear

Kurumi continues to be best girl :D
Aug 6, 2015 10:33 PM
Nov 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
it must have been quite a long while since they barricaded themselves at school, because nothing is suppose to decay THAT fast, not even in a zombie apocalypse.

There are a few small things that bug me about this show, and this is one. The state of decay of all these buildings seems far greater than they should be. How did every piece of glass get smashed, and every wall chipped? I don't think people were rioting--they were being bitten and turned into docile zombies, so at most I could see some overturned furniture from people trying to flee, and some eventual decay from neglect. Yet instead that mall looks like it's been hit by mortar--look at the outside, it's got dents in it!

Something else that bugged me about this episode was that for all the risk they took getting there, you'd think they'd have cleaned out that supermarket of every canned item. I also thought that school store was ridiculous--it was more like the local 7-11.

But these are small complaints. And maybe they all have answers, still. This show likes to leave clues lying around in the details, so who knows.
Aug 6, 2015 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
Another great episode. Looking forward to the rest of the adaption
SandyBoi said:
Oh boy.. that teddy bear

1+
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

539 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 14, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

513 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2015

323 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

382 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 9:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.