Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 28, 2016 11:07 PM

Sep 2009
Check our Mars of Destruction if you wanna see a low score lel.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 28, 2016 11:08 PM

Nov 2014
You know the show is really fken good when the score distribution looks like this:

Also, an easy pleb detection.

Oct 19, 2017 3:30 AM
Jul 2017
Hnow the thing is school days has lots of flaws HOWEVER its still not that bad, the biggest problem is the ending. The bad endings of the games were much better
Nov 1, 2017 11:02 PM
Jul 2018
I don't hate the anime. I have to be honest here...this anime is so realistic...
Nov 29, 2017 2:40 AM

Apr 2010
I can't believe this thread is still going after 7 years.
Nov 29, 2017 3:10 AM

Jan 2010
This anime evoke so many extreme emotion out of me it's amazing.
Like, anger, disgust, sadness, shock, to the point of wanting to throw my laptop, and the ending is the best of all. It's truly a roller coaster of a show. Which is a good thing imo.
Nov 29, 2017 3:59 AM

Jul 2016
I like School Days. The anime is literally an advertisement for the Visual Novel...The credits theme for episode 12 is this:

The visual novel theme song.
Nov 29, 2017 10:43 PM

Jun 2017
we130 said:
I think school days anime has such a low score because the title and description attract an audience that wants a feel good anime, and it is a psychological thriller in essence. I find it sad that everyone hates makoto, but he is the only one that really acts like a normal teenager. Both sekai and kotonoha take teen angst to sociopathic extremes, however makoto acts just as you'd expect a teenage boy to act in stressful situations.

Well because it mirrors the flaws in our youths .As a teenager when sex drive is at the highest you would tend to opt for the wrong choices without any supervision but going to extremities like killing a person over that is psycopathic
Nov 29, 2017 10:58 PM

Aug 2009
Easy: Butthurt harem fans who hated how it ended.

Though I gotta admit, their rage makes me like it more. Schadenfreude at it's finest.

-Edit-
I thought this thread looked familiar...
FacelessVixenNov 29, 2017 11:03 PM

Dec 30, 2017 1:18 PM
Dec 2017
Everyone hates these anime because they see the caracters as psycopaths and illogical but that is because we see the perspective from all the caracters, so makoto doesn’t know what the girls are going through. Even if he cheated, he didn’t know it was that bad, he just wanted sex and use every girl.
So that’s why a lot of people hated but finally we see how makoto regret all and goes for kotonoha who was fucking crazy.
This anime start as an usual one but then it becomes much darker.
9/10
Feb 14, 2019 7:21 PM

Apr 2010
To think this had a 7.04 when I made the thread. Now it's down to 5.97.
Feb 14, 2019 11:36 PM
Dec 2018
Just hated bc is natorare
Mar 28, 2021 4:30 PM

Jul 2019
7 was considered low back then? Well it is 5.66 as of this reply, insanely low for its kind. People just really hated the characters.
Apr 4, 2021 3:13 PM
Nov 2016
Because it's most uninteresting characters, dropped quality, crappy storyline and cringy-worth watching written like The Promised Neverland Season 2 which get more hater than Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and Black Clover (TV) by other users. It's from 7.04 dropped down to only 5.65 score rating which I hated this lol... Here is my School Days TV anime review:
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/AlchemistDaisuki/reviews/30047
Apr 6, 2021 8:49 PM
Apr 2020
I can't believe the score keeps going down. 5.65 now, was 5.68 just a few weeks or months ago.
Apr 9, 2021 2:42 PM

Aug 2020
I really like it, but it can get a bit odd sometimes...

Apr 21, 2021 11:02 PM

Jan 2021
It just doesn’t deserve this
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 24, 2021 7:03 AM
May 2018
I don't like this anime, and I do believe 5/10 is a deserved mark.
But I don't like it because it was a boring setting and the characters aren't memorable. It's just all dull.

The concept was brillant though. There are very few anime stories like this one, showing the consequences of cheating.

What went wrong then?
Well, most characters have no depth, they're all just horny teens, period. Makoto has the same issue as many other harem protagonists: his popularity comes out of nowhere.
I think this story would have worked much better if he was the archetype of a popular boy. Instead, we get the archetype of an otaku, socially anxious and not really handsome... and he's still extremely popular, every girl wants to f*ck him.

That said, all those reviews giving it a 2 or so because "MC is an absolute trash!" are freaking retarded. It's the whole point of the story. If you felt he was trash, that means it worked.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Apr 24, 2021 7:17 AM

Apr 2018
The bandwagon effect is a large part why.
Apr 24, 2021 7:26 AM

Feb 2020
Who revived this 2010 thread...LOL

School days is hated because its bad, It dropped it, so i have never reached the ending and never intend to
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 24, 2021 10:25 AM
Jul 2020
This anime is painfull to watch.
May 1, 2021 10:20 PM
Dec 2019
If you score SD with 1, you are demonstrating that you have bad taste (generic taste).
May 10, 2021 11:29 PM
Master of Cursed

Aug 2011
I went into this show with shoddy knowledge of the ending from 10 years ago. I honestly think that knowing the ending's main idea but not remembering who does what or what exactly happens helped me enjoy this show a lot (would recommend doing this). I thought it would be very bad but the characters were realistic. Yes I hated most of the characters, but that was the point, and made me look forward to the ending even more. I'll probably rate this a 6 or even a 7, was pretty fun.

This show has big meme status so people who watch it at this point go into it hoping for something great, but instead most of it is just a highschool soap opera, which leaves them disappointed because they probably expected more. As my friend told me 10 years ago, it's not worth it just to see the context for the ending. If you remember the ending well then it's not worth seeing the whole show. And if you don't know the ending then you might not understand that you are supposed to hate the characters and just find it boring and unwatchable.

May 18, 2021 11:47 AM

Jan 2018
estopin said:
Everyone hates these anime because they see the caracters as psycopaths and illogical but that is because we see the perspective from all the caracters, so makoto doesn’t know what the girls are going through. Even if he cheated, he didn’t know it was that bad, he just wanted sex and use every girl.
So that’s why a lot of people hated but finally we see how makoto regret all and goes for kotonoha who was fucking crazy.
This anime start as an usual one but then it becomes much darker.
9/10

So why exactly do we naturally understand how bad it is but he doesn't ?
It's not like makoto is an alien that doesn't comprehend human society.
We see this as illogical because that is exactly what it is. Your explanation doesn't fix this anime tbh.

This anime starts out usual and then turns into a cascade of stupid people making incredibly bad decisions that are simply unrealistic and unbelievable.
The idea that any girl could like makoto is an astronomical event but somehow every female in the universe wants to fuck him because being stupid is apperantly hot in this universe. I guess missing 2-3 chromosomes just makes everything want to mate with him.

It's a 2/10 anime .
Being dark is not the same as being good. I love dark anime .But there is more to quality then that
The idea has potential but the execution is an absolute Trainwreck
May 18, 2021 11:50 AM

Jan 2018
Adampk said:

School days is hated because its bad, It dropped it, so i have never reached the ending and never intend to

This explanation is pretty much on point .
It's honestly the only anime I've seen that was litteraly frustrating to watch
May 18, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2020
Because this hellish anime inspired AOT's ending
Jun 9, 2021 9:10 AM
Aug 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
Adampk said:

Not very constructive though.

Bad means very little without context. How/why is it bad? The characters? The setting? What?

Anyway, I only really liked Kotonoha Katsura, thought she was cute and wasn't needlessly aggressive and I have added context from her as a character from both the VN and wiki. Taking that out the anime is just kind of an edgy show which should really be called "Everybody hates Kotonoha".

It's supposed to be about miscommunication in relationships short version but since the decisions made by Makoto are so absurd they go beyond believability and everyone is inexplicably hostile which is kind of integral for a show trying to tackle this sort of issue.

I'd just recommend the VN/Eroge series over the anime. You have some control over Makoto's actions, for example you can choose not to cheat (because it's a pretty easy idea) and a fully animated VN is still pretty novel and unique.
Jun 9, 2021 11:19 AM

Jan 2018
Firebind2 said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Bad means very little without context. How/why is it bad? The characters? The setting? What?

Anyway, I only really liked Kotonoha Katsura, thought she was cute and wasn't needlessly aggressive and I have added context from her as a character from both the VN and wiki. Taking that out the anime is just kind of an edgy show which should really be called "Everybody hates Kotonoha".

It's supposed to be about miscommunication in relationships short version but since the decisions made by Makoto are so absurd they go beyond believability and everyone is inexplicably hostile which is kind of integral for a show trying to tackle this sort of issue.

I'd just recommend the VN/Eroge series over the anime. You have some control over Makoto's actions, for example you can choose not to cheat (because it's a pretty easy idea) and a fully animated VN is still pretty novel and unique.

its true that bad by itself isn't very constructive but do we really want to list every failure of school days now ?
i would be down for it but it might take a while

i totally agree that the VN is probably the way to go .
the thing that really kills this anime is that its just stupid people making incredibly awful and unbelievable choices .

if those choices are made by the player the story cant really be blamed.
but that doesn't really safe the anime :)
Jun 9, 2021 1:10 PM
Aug 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
Firebind2 said:

its true that bad by itself isn't very constructive but do we really want to list every failure of school days now ?
i would be down for it but it might take a while

i totally agree that the VN is probably the way to go .
the thing that really kills this anime is that its just stupid people making incredibly awful and unbelievable choices .

if those choices are made by the player the story cant really be blamed.
but that doesn't really safe the anime :)

I suppose not. Just more of "If I didn't know what the show was then context would be helpful.""

And yeah. Sadly the VN doesn't address everything with depth such as the aggressive characters from my experience (looking at Otome Katou as an example) but it does expand on Sekai and Kotonoha a bit more. Most of it comes down to parenting and their environment but a few other things. It can be an interesting character study.

Now the VN can have some contrivance or stupidity (mostly to keep the drama going) but Makoto can be alot more reasonable and more understandably frustrated.

I just think that the anime is a bit better with more context but I also agree though that on it's own it is really bad and from someone who's played the VN it's like he purposefully chose all the wrong options and flip flopped.
Firebind2Jun 9, 2021 1:32 PM
Jun 28, 2021 2:18 PM
Jun 2021
For me it’s the protagonist
Jun 28, 2021 2:18 PM
Jun 2021
For me it’s the protagonist
Jun 30, 2021 12:19 AM

Mar 2020
Igzeivy said:
If you score SD with 1, you are demonstrating that you have bad taste (generic taste).
Generic taste does not equal bad taste tho. And I mean can you really judge someone's taste at the end of the day ? And if generic taste equals bad taste does that mean thinking ex arm is a 10/10 equals to good taste ?
check out odd taxi
Jul 3, 2021 4:17 PM
Apr 2021
A lot of you people are saying this is more realistic but it really isn't because how many people have you murdered because they cheated on you.see it's just not realistic
Jul 8, 2021 2:05 PM

Feb 2017
Adampk said:

But it's an interesting show, very rarely will you see people hate an MC that much from all crops of life.

Very rarely do you want to also strangle the other characters in the series, just not as bad as the MC.

And very rarely would just get such intense reaction from people who choose to watch it.
Jul 8, 2021 7:34 PM

Feb 2020
Shouhei_Bandou said:
Adampk said:

But it's an interesting show, very rarely will you see people hate an MC that much from all crops of life.

Very rarely do you want to also strangle the other characters in the series, just not as bad as the MC.

And very rarely would just get such intense reaction from people who choose to watch it.

That's not supposed to be a good thing...lol
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 8, 2021 9:19 PM

Feb 2017
Adampk said:
Shouhei_Bandou said:

But how many anime school shows have been completely forgettable because they follow a generic plot or is your typical school harem.

How many school anime has created something like School Days and caused such a reaction that it has become a meme?

Most school anime shows are forgettable, School Days, not so much. Once you watch it, it is burnt into your head as you want to rip your monitor off and throw it out the window.

Something like your generic school romance anime, NEXT!
Jul 16, 2021 12:07 PM
Nov 2019
Shouhei_Bandou said:
Adampk said:

But how many anime school shows have been completely forgettable because they follow a generic plot or is your typical school harem.

How many school anime has created something like School Days and caused such a reaction that it has become a meme?

Most school anime shows are forgettable, School Days, not so much. Once you watch it, it is burnt into your head as you want to rip your monitor off and throw it out the window.

Something like your generic school romance anime, NEXT!

Just watch toradora for school rom com it will take away school days pain
Jul 19, 2021 11:30 AM
Jul 2021
MC Keyaru from redo of healer is still better than Makoto, because Makoto is just a perverted schoolboy and only wants sex.

And I'm very annoyed with Makoto's behavior that makes kotonoha go crazy.

I was satisfied at the ending when he was killed.
Jul 22, 2021 8:56 PM
Mar 2016
ACTUAL LOGICAL ANSWER SO I SUGGEST YOU READ

Simple answer:
The Bandwagon Effect which is, "a psychological phenomenon in which people do something primarily because other people are doing it, regardless of their own beliefs, which they may ignore or override" - Investopedia

School Days has clearly become a golden example of this phenomenon.

"I bet you say this because you love the anime, and are just being biased!".

No, I am not being biased I am just being realistic. Talking about School Days with people and hearing them say it's terrible, without giving it a chance and knowing nothing about it furthers my reasoning. "What is the worst anime?" School days for some inexplicable reason became that answer. People hate this for the sake of hating it. If you'd like to know what I am talking about, try it out yourself. Hearing all the hate there is a better likelihood of you going in with a negative viewpoint where you can allow yourself to enjoy it. HELL read other people's responses and see how stupid and repetitive they are.
Dec 14, 2021 9:56 AM
Oct 2021
i watched it at night mf ep 12 almost gave me a nightmare. story plots are fucked up.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1293 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 23, 10:17 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

207 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 23, 7:42 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jobocan - Jul 27, 2007

145 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 21, 3:47 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Haoji - Jul 22, 2007

139 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 20, 4:00 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 13, 2007

121 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 20, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.