Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2015 4:52 AM

Apr 2012
So you're accusing me of being a liar to myself and to you?

The way you "should" answer is honestly, and I answered "how I should".

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 1, 2015 4:53 AM

Jun 2012
I'm an INFP.
Apr 1, 2015 4:55 AM

Sep 2014
ISFP
Introvert(78%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(75%) Perceiving(44%)

Sounds surprisingly accurate, actually.
But I don't think I'm that introvert. Maybe in 60%-40% ratio.
Apr 1, 2015 4:57 AM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
So you're accusing me of being a liar to myself and to you?

The way you "should" answer is honestly, and I answered "how I should".

Nope. It did not say you were liar.

That is a play on words,you know exactly what I meant.
Apr 1, 2015 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
You did say that it can't be excluded, and it does fit the definition of "liar". Because if I answered how "it should be" (by your definition), I lied to myself because I am not that way, thus I made some false statements to myself through the test.

Knowing that, I also told everyone else I am how "it should be", while knowing it's a "lie" to myself, that means I am "lying" to you too, and you told me just that.

So what should I do then? It seems I'm wrong and the test is wrong too. But the other users seem to be able to discern truth from wrong in this case. I don't know who to believe though.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
You did say that it can't be excluded, and it does fit the definition of "liar". Because if I answered how "it should be" (by your definition), I lied to myself because I am not that way, thus I made some false statements to myself through the test.

Knowing that, I also told everyone else I am how "it should be", while knowing it's a "lie" to myself, that means I am "lying" to you too, and you told me just that.

So what should I do then? It seems I'm wrong and the test is wrong too. But the other users seem to be able to discern truth from wrong in this case. I don't know who to believe though.

First,yes it can't be exluded,yet I did not claim you were a liar.
Second,if it sounded like accusation,my wrong,but it can be often hard being honest with oneself.Thus you would lie to yourself but not deliberately. I can hardly blame you for that,because I am not an exception to that,of course.
Third,if you were a liar you would hardly admit in the first place,so this kind of discussion would be pointless in the first place.
Fourth,I have no idea.

What I wanted to point out it is,there might be possibility of result being askew,nevertheless,that does not mean you are at fault,even if it was so.
Apr 1, 2015 5:09 AM

Apr 2012
True, you didn't actually claim it, rather you said others claimed it.
Well, "lying" can be deemed wrong, so it is not wrong to claim it is an "accusation", it fits the definition, I also don't find it hard to be honest to myself. I always am honest with myself.
That's not a given, it can easily just be a game to make you think otherwise, and it's seems to be working.
Me neither.

Yes, I never denied that, I'm just trying to go with the flow, Space-Wizard seems to not want to debate this out instead he'll stay on the sidelines because he knows what he's trying to do.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:27 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
True, you didn't actually claim it, rather you said others claimed it.
Well, "lying" can be deemed wrong, so it is not wrong to claim it is an "accusation", it fits the definition, I also don't find it hard to be honest to myself. I always am honest with myself.
That's not a given, it can easily just be a game to make you think otherwise, and it's seems to be working.
Me neither.

Yes, I never denied that, I'm just trying to go with the flow, Space-Wizard seems to not want to debate this out instead he'll stay on the sidelines because he knows what he's trying to do.

idgaf 'bout no test bro I'm just letting you know. Deffs ENFJ.
xEmptiness said:
"if we follow what SW is suggesting, nihilism is the conclusion"
Apr 1, 2015 5:28 AM

Apr 2012
Prove it.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
Prove it.

don't have to, you already proved it yourself.

xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:37 AM

Apr 2012
How so? Explain. I don't see how your evidence fits your conclusion.

It's pretty fucking funny, but I like ENTJ's a lot, more than ENTP's. I won't accept the classification because it is simply wrong.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:38 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:

Lack of T and P, right there, solid, this post.
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:38 AM

Apr 2012
Space-Wizard said:
Immahnoob said:

Taking it literally won't make your argument look better though.

"I don't see" doesn't mean I truly don't see it, I mean it doesn't work argumentation wise or it's simply not sound, which it isn't.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:43 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
Space-Wizard said:

Taking it literally won't make your argument look better though.

"I don't see" doesn't mean I truly don't see it, I mean it doesn't work argumentation wise or it's simply not sound, which it isn't.

I'm sorry that you feel that way and can't think of the reasoning behind why my arguments are correct. I wish you wouldn't judge my argumentation when you fail to perceive my points.
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:47 AM

Apr 2012
You misinterpret each acronym's meaning at this point though. Perceiving and Judging are not to be taken literally when it comes to Myerr-Briggs.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:48 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
You misinterpret each acronym's meaning at this point though.

You don't like my wordplay?

:c
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:49 AM

Apr 2012
Space-Wizard said:
Immahnoob said:

Wordplay doesn't work when it comes to systems. If we're arguing based on Myerr-Briggs, judging does not have the definition it tends to have when we argue based on something that isn't Myerr-Briggs.

So you are wrong.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:53 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
Space-Wizard said:

Wordplay doesn't work when it comes to systems. If we're arguing based on Myerr-Briggs, judging does not have the definition it tends to have when we argue based on something that isn't Myerr-Briggs.

So you are wrong.

My wordplay was vague and based in subjective abstractions instead of the scientific method, just like MB categorization, so I argue that it's perfectly applicable when discussing such tests, in the same way dream meanings, gut-feelings and fortune cookies are relevant to astrology.
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
It's too bad you can't possibly get out of being "wrong" when I just told you why you were "wrong" and you didn't actually answer that.

If in my debate I define "cock" as "rooster", you can't tell me "Hey, but cock also means penis why not use rooster?", nobody cares, MB means megabyte, why are you using it for Myerr-Briggs?

In Myerr-Briggs, judging does not mean the same thing it means outside of Myerr-Briggs, even if it's not based on the scientific method, that doesn't mean anything.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 5:56 AM

Oct 2014
ISTP
Apr 1, 2015 6:01 AM

Nov 2013
SW am I right in guessing you as an ENFP?
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Apr 1, 2015 6:02 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
It's too bad you can't possibly get out of being "wrong" when I just told you why you were "wrong" and you didn't actually answer that.

If in my debate I define "cock" as "rooster", you can't tell me "Hey, but cock also means penis why not use rooster?", nobody cares, MB means megabyte, why are you using it for Myerr-Briggs?

In Myerr-Briggs, judging does not mean the same thing it means outside of Myerr-Briggs, even if it's not based on the scientific method, that doesn't mean anything.

You still haven't rebutted my initial points as to you proving yourself being J and F, so it doesn't matter that you've said I'm wrong.

I call my dick "rooster tuesday", your arguments are so easily toppled. And actually, MB in computer-speak refers to the motherboard and not mega bits.

You try to argue without science on your side? I don't understand.

Baileyy said:

Yeah probably, I don't really like this categorical system though, I don't think it's complex enough to define human beings, and some people have traits that don't fit into it.
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:02 AM

Apr 2012
Baileyy said:
He'd fit that.
Space-Wizard said:
You still haven't rebutted my initial points as to you proving yourself being J and F, so it doesn't matter that you've said I'm wrong.
The burden of proof is on you, mein nigghrer.
Space-Wizard said:
I call my dick "rooster tuesday", your arguments are so easily toppled. And actually, MB in computer-speak refers to the motherboard and not mega bits.
MB stands for megabyte, motherboards are called mobos if you want a less lengthy version.

Ok, your dick is now called "Rooster tuesday", so what does rooster tuesday have to do with your argument?

How is it relevant to Myerr-Briggs?
Space-Wizard said:
You try to argue without science on your side? I don't understand.
Semantics, my poor little boy.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:05 AM

Nov 2013
Space-Wizard said:

Baileyy said:

Yeah probably, I don't really like this categorical system though, I don't think it's complex enough to define human beings, and some people have traits that don't fit into it.
I definitely agree with you. But it's accuracy is present to a certain extent. It's just a bit of fun, I suppose.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Apr 1, 2015 6:06 AM

Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:

I thought my ISTJ meant Intelligent Super Tough Jazzmen
Apr 1, 2015 6:07 AM

Apr 2012
Aria-da-Capo said:
Immahnoob said:

I thought my ISTJ meant Intelligent Super Tough Jazzmen
Fuck, nigga, how did you know?

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:08 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
The burden of proof is on you, mein nigghrer.

I could say "tu quoque" or I could say "no u", whichever sounds better to you.

Immahnoob said:
Ok, your dick is now called "Rooster tuesday", so what does rooster tuesday have to do with your argument?

How is it relevant to Myerr-Briggs?

You brought up cocks and roosters m8

Immahnoob said:
Semantics, my poor little boy.

Semantics, a social science. Does not follow the scientific method. Is not science.
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:09 AM

Jul 2012
Baileyy said:
Space-Wizard said:

I definitely agree with you. But it's accuracy is present to a certain extent. It's just a bit of fun, I suppose.

yeah it's fun, I just get worked up about it sometimes because I've known people who make important life decisions based off of this shit. It's almost as bad as astrology.
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
Space-Wizard said:
I could say "tu quoque" or I could say "no u", whichever sounds better to you.
You're saying that what I said is evidence of your claims, but you're not explaining how although I knew it too and accepted to debunk it, I already refuted it by telling you that the way you interpret the meaning of the acronyms is wrong, you didn't bring a new argument. So it is your turn.
Space-Wizard said:
You brought up cocks and roosters m8
But you're taking it out of context. See below.
Space-Wizard said:
Semantics, a social science. Does not follow the scientific method. Is not science.
Strawman, as I never said it does, it doesn't matter if it does though, in debates we tend to have the chance to define our words, and in scientific articles, those that write them also define their words. Funny world, isn't it?

It doesn't matter how much you act like you don't understand what's going on, I have a certain trait called "stubbornness" to my personality. It makes me great in battles of attrition.
Space-Wizard said:
people who make important life decisions based off of this shit. It's almost as bad as astrology.
I do that daily, continue please.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:14 AM

Jul 2012
Stubbornness is a trait associated primarily with NFJs.
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:16 AM

Nov 2013
Space-Wizard said:
Baileyy said:

yeah it's fun, I just get worked up about it sometimes because I've known people who make important life decisions based off of this shit. It's almost as bad as astrology.
Yes, that I agree with that too. Making judgements based off MBTI personalities is dumb.
Apr 1, 2015 6:19 AM

Apr 2012
Space-Wizard said:
I never disagreed on the matter that Myerr-Briggs is not taking into consideration every variable. I think most tests do claim that themselves, that you might have traits from others as these tests are not as accurate as they could be.

Although, "stubbornness" might have been the wrong word for it, considering you don't really have good reasons for me to change my position either.

As I said, don't take it literally, it won't help your argument when you know that I mean something else.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:22 AM

Jun 2012
Surprised by how many ENTPs we have :o I, myself, an am INFP
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Apr 1, 2015 6:23 AM

Nov 2013
BadMediaKarma said:
Yay, we can be brothers. = w =
Apr 1, 2015 6:25 AM

Apr 2012
Baileyy said:
BadMediaKarma said:
You're ENTP, Harems?

No wonder you're a shitposter.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2013
Immahnoob said:
Baileyy said:
You're ENTP, Harems?

I'm INFP, do you read?
Apr 1, 2015 6:28 AM

Jul 2012
Immahnoob said:
Space-Wizard said:
I never disagreed on the matter that Myerr-Briggs is not taking into consideration every variable. I think most tests do claim that themselves, that you might have traits from others as these tests are not as accurate as they could be.

Although, "stubbornness" might have been the wrong word for it, considering you don't really have good reasons for me to change my position either.

As I said, don't take it literally, it won't help your argument when you know that I mean something else.

As I can say the same things to you, that your reasoning is shit and that you constantly pretend to take something literally when you know I mean something else, our conclusions are exactly the same. If we were the only people to take a poll, and there were two poll options, and one option was the conclusion we make in this argument(A), and the other option was something else(B), the poll would turn out A-2 B-0. This is interesting.

Unrelatedly, this test is definitely severely flawed as nobody seems to be testing S
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:30 AM

Apr 2012
Space-Wizard said:
As I can say the same things to you, that your reasoning is shit and that you constantly pretend to take something literally when you know I mean something else, our conclusions are exactly the same.
Not really, I used "" to signify it's not the same word but a replacer. "" isn't only used for quotes (it has other uses too).

I don't have the knowledge of a term that means "stubborn" but because of a "good reason", being "stubborn" tends to mean that you're not changing your position although there's a "good reason" to change it.
Space-Wizard said:
If we were the only people to take a poll, and there were two poll options, and one option was the conclusion we make in this argument(A), and the other option was something else(B), the poll would turn out A-2 B-0. This is interesting.
Bandwagons don't prove arguments.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2012
Omega said:
Got ISTJ.

good timing
xEmptiness said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:33 AM

Apr 2012
Baileyy said:
Immahnoob said:
You're ENTP, Harems?

I'm INFP, do you read?
No, I didn't find your initial post (or didn't even try that hard) and didn't really care.

I'll check how INFPs are.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:34 AM

Nov 2013
Immahnoob said:
Baileyy said:
I'm INFP, do you read?
No, I didn't find your initial post (or didn't even try that hard) and didn't really care.

I'll check how INFPs are.
read the bold text
Apr 1, 2015 6:35 AM

Apr 2012
Baileyy said:
read the bold text
That's because I've read it as "Surprised by how many ENTPs we have ;o, I myself am one." instead of actually seeing INFP. I make mistakes too.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:36 AM

Sep 2013
long, long ago, our personality listing threads had polls

INTP
Apr 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Nov 2013
Immahnoob said:
Baileyy said:
read the bold text
That's because I've read it as "Surprised by how many ENTPs we have ;o, I myself am one." instead of actually seeing INFP. I make mistakes too.
The reason why you lose so many arguments is because you get ahead of yourself.
Apr 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Jul 2014
ENTP through and through lmao
Apr 1, 2015 6:45 AM

Apr 2012
Baileyy said:
Immahnoob said:
I don't lose many arguments though, that's wrong. This was a casual conversation, not an argument.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:47 AM

Nov 2013
Immahnoob said:
Baileyy said:
I don't lose many arguments though, that's wrong. This was a casual conversation, not an argument.
You do, and I was talking about in general. Making people leave because of frustration isn't winning...
Apr 1, 2015 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
Baileyy said:

i am sorry to come into your conversation like this but most people just give up talking to you. that's not necessarily winning an argument you know.
Apr 1, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
I'm sorry but that's irrelevant to my argument being correct or not.

It's quite simple, guys. If X is 2 and you claim that X is 1. Saying "You frustrate me, that means you didn't win, X is not 2.", won't make X not be 2.

Autocrat said:
Apr 1, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2013
Immahnoob said:
I'm sorry but that's irrelevant to my argument being correct or not.

It's quite simple, guys. If X is 2 and you claim that X is 1. Saying "You frustrate me, that means you didn't win, X is not 2.", won't make X not be 2.
They leave because you don't ever provide arguments. So it's never really an argument to begin with. It's like someone attempting to converse with a wall, only to realise that it's not capable of replying.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

31 by lalabella »»
2 minutes ago

» How often do you go to the gym or workout in general?

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

16 by Icymatika »»
5 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - May 25

18 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» I believe in solipsism. Is that crazy?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

32 by SmugSatoko »»
10 minutes ago

» Why are Vikings worshipped when they were thugs that stole and raped anything

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

33 by rohan121 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.