Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
shiniangie said:

It is not that I dislike Yuusuke, but he was a self-absorbed ungrateful teen, who only played games all day (nothing against gamer community - I quite like you, guys), and did not appreciate the life that was granted to him. On top of that he caused pain to the woman who gave her all for him, despite not being his biological mother AND caused further suffering and shame to his adoptive family by committing suicide. He also admitted he himself had no idea why. And personally, for me, suicide is the easy way out. To quote: "It is easy to die, when you do not want to live; it is much harder to continue living when life seems unbearable." Anyway, I suspect that if things are as they are, the suicidal teen went to Heaven, because in Japanese culture it was considered a noble act in the past.

But personally, I would have made them play at least one more game, before deciding.

1. woah just woah, if you ever had experienced having a mother/father/sister/brother/child/lover go through a depression, you might have the ability to have sympathy for people being in there worse possible state.
2. There are no heaven and hell, it is actually void and reincarnation, the boy aren't rewarded for committing suicide, he is being reincarnated because there are actual hope for a better outcome for the soul.
3. I would probably drop the whole system, heck there aren't even any meaning in just doing this if two people die at the same time.
-

We get it now the system is broken, I hope they are gonna start moving out of this episodic bartender stuff in the next episode, cause it simply don't work well when you know the system doesn't work and there aren't really any good explanation yet for why it is taking place.
Jan 31, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
GoMarcia said:
Why has the woman been sent to hell? I don't get it
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 31, 2015 12:57 PM

Feb 2010
Lol, to think I was just playing USF4 before watching this.

Not sure how the fuck people wonder why the woman was sent to hell, are you guys forgetting that what happens there is also used for judgement? She fucking tried to kill the guy, on top of the way she was which wasn't good at all.
Jan 31, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2014
This series is getting a little stuck and the episodes repeat themselves. I hope there's something more coming in the future than these cames. The deeper purpose of the whole thing for example, or some reincarnation?
Jan 31, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
I still think people are ignoring the fact that one of the scenarios was brought upon a child without any of it being his fault as soon as he was born and growing up to be a weak person -he easily could of been better and I don't think his issues are good enough for him to be so pathetic, but its stlll not as bad as the woman- and a fully functioning teenager who got hooked up with a douche bag and continued to date assholes as an adult having kids with all of them. One abusive husband? Sure. Two? Okay maybe. Three? Highly unlikely to not involve her having a bad taste in men, hell she might have even brought it out of them.

Her stats clearly indicate her best power is seduction, and based on how she was in the game she is obviously a manipulative person and was wrapping the otaku around her finger. Hey maybe her kids would like her better if her hobby instead of being -SHOPPING- was not taking them for granted and raising them-No seriously, if she's so busy with work that she cant take care of her kids, why is her hobby shopping?-.

Man everyone around her was miserable. Her kids, her manager, her husbands. Look at the first marriage, the dude didn't look like he wanted to get married while she had that huge grin on her face, she probably forced him into marrying her because he got her pregnant-which is both their faults for having sex unprotected when they barely knew each other- and he probably kicked her ass because he was miserable being with her manipulations and he seemed like a pathetic thug too so I'm not surprised.

I could understand not liking the guy either, I sure don't, but to act like its confusing why she went to hell is beyond my understanding. It should of been her, or both of then.

That is all mostly ignoring what even happened in the game/judging.

When you add what happened in the game, if the roles were reversed and a guy was smashing some chicks head into that gaming machine until she was knocked out or needed medical attention, regardless of any back story, nobody would be questioning why he went to hell. Then you add the whole part where one's regret was clear, and the other is so loose that it can be argued if she really learned to care for her children or not, its a no contest.
EpicenterJan 31, 2015 1:46 PM
Jaywalker.
Jan 31, 2015 1:39 PM
Sep 2014
Such an emotional episode. Great voice acting for the woman.

I think the way Decim judges is by how much darkness is in one person's soul. Since the woman went through a lot of bad situations, her attitude and her soul was more corrupt than the Otaku guy's. If she was ever sent to reincarnation she could bring those bad experiences with her and lead a bad life.

The otaku guy on the other hand, showed regret and it doesn't seem like his morals became corrupt because of the bad environment around him. If he was ever reincarnated in a better position, he could change and be better.
Jan 31, 2015 2:09 PM
Jan 2015
Personally, I'll say kudos to her for still raising her children. Any other person would've just given up and gave them for adoption because holy hell she wasn't just raising a single one it's a bloody pack and to add to that she didn't really have the best of times with the fathers of those children.

Vanisher said:
Lol, to think I was just playing USF4 before watching this.

Not sure how the fuck people wonder why the woman was sent to hell, are you guys forgetting that what happens there is also used for judgement? She fucking tried to kill the guy, on top of the way she was which wasn't good at all.

She was abused by quite a lot in the past and if you don't know psychology that can really fuck up how you think and how you behave. Violent actions/behaviour can sometimes turn into some sort of instinct to adapt from the experience. That's why you see her snap out of it and begged for an ambulance when she fully realize what she has done.
Jan 31, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2012
I really don't understand why the boy got reincarnation. Sure he didn't do as many bad things as the woman, but I feel like if he chose to end his own life when he does get reincarnated he might just go down the same path if he ends up in a similar situation. His childhood was shitty, however his father seemed caring from the flashbacks as did his new step-mother. I feel he should have entered the void. I know that the woman in this show did some terrible things, but after being beaten by boyfriends/lovers over and over it must have a huge effect on someone's personality. The man in the OVA who talked about how 'unfair' life was got to be reincarnated, why not the mother as well? She had to go through a whole heck of a lot more than most people and she was raising a family by herself.
Jan 31, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2013
Stop the filler please. It's getting boring.
Jan 31, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
Is anyone reminded of Kate Gosselin while watching this episode? The woman screams of her.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Jan 31, 2015 3:29 PM

Jun 2014
I was ready to drop the show after this week. This episode redeemed it slightly, but only because I'm a gaming nerd. Lets see if it improves.

The ruling this time is shit.

Pathetic Otaku boy is treated well by a caring family, but is so whiney and useless he takes his own life. I say he deserves the void. And yet the abused/abusive mother who no-one showed any kindness to lived life to the fullest fighting tooth and claw gets the short end of the stick instead.
From the sounds of some of the comments on this board, if a woman doesn't devote her entire existence to loving and looking after her kids 24/7 and nothing else then she's a selfish failure. Nice.
Jan 31, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2009
poptartnyan said:
I really don't understand why the boy got reincarnation. Sure he didn't do as many bad things as the woman, but I feel like if he chose to end his own life when he does get reincarnated he might just go down the same path if he ends up in a similar situation. His childhood was shitty, however his father seemed caring from the flashbacks as did his new step-mother. I feel he should have entered the void. I know that the woman in this show did some terrible things, but after being beaten by boyfriends/lovers over and over it must have a huge effect on someone's personality. The man in the OVA who talked about how 'unfair' life was got to be reincarnated, why not the mother as well? She had to go through a whole heck of a lot more than most people and she was raising a family by herself.

She didn't show regret for her action, she choose everyone of her partners, and after child number one, there really wasn't any reason for her to repeat getting pregnant. She also showed quite the darkness in the game, and in every situation in her memories.

It is also important to remember this isn't about judging your sins, else there would be no reason for the games, since the arbiter can see the dead people past and therefor sins. The arbiter serve to judge the character of the soul, and if they are worth reincarnation. She didn't show her soul being able to do it better the second time, so reincarnation could actually be considered hell, for someone who will repeat the same mistake. The boy on the other hand showed a soul that have learned from its mistake, and would therefor not repeat the same cycle.
Jan 31, 2015 4:06 PM

Oct 2008
Decim ponders about his decisions, but sometimes I think the writers of the show themselfs have it confused.

I know the woman slammed the guy's face on the game screen, but can we think for a while about how she turned to be the person she was: First she was a foolish teen who was deceived, ended up marrying forcefully with the douche that got her pregnant, the guy used to beat her up without even minding the kids around, then he leaves her with the kids alone. It was obvious that she got dependant on sex and relationships to make herself feel better that's why she never stopped being a fool and ended up again with a scumbag who would hit her, just have sex and leave her alone. One pivotal point here is that she NEVER, NEVER left her kids no matter what, she actually tried her hardest to feed them all give them education. She loved them. She might have regretted having them at some point in her life since well, she's a human and the conditions she had them were pretty shitty, but she still lived to be a mother even with a fucked up mentality. She couldn't afford to die now that she finally had a chance to make their life better, that's why she did what she did with him. Her circumstances made her manipulative, foolish and egoistic woman she was.
The guy clearly never recovered from his family situation, his depression crippled himself to the point he just wanted to die, and that's what he did with his life; he ended it. However, he had a loving father and a stepmother who was doing what she could to be accepted by him. He clearly got his chance to recover from his shitty situation far earlier than Misaki. His blood mom was a thing of the past long ago, he had a new family and they wanted the best for him.

If anything nobody would have gotten the void, they were both victim of third partie's actions that made their characters the way they were.

I know these "faulty" (in my view) decisions are probably made for Decim to develop as a character, but still pretty jarring.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 31, 2015 4:12 PM

Feb 2010
With the logic some of you guys bring to defend the woman you might as well defend serial killers and rapers if they had a shitty life.
Jan 31, 2015 4:51 PM
Apr 2013
This was probably their best episode so far. Very emotional and brutal.
Jan 31, 2015 4:57 PM

Jul 2009
eh... i just realized i have no sympathy for those who suicide.

the woman on the other hand, married some guy after high school, had a fall out, now as a single parent forced to work as a hostess for her 2 kids. she then had a new relationship with a customer, which too ended leaving her in total with 5 kids, whom she supported on her own from beginning to end. i don't care how little attention she gave them. when you're swamped in debt, struggling to survive, attention and 'love' is a luxury. till the end, she never left them, so even if she wasn't a 'loving' mother, she was still a parent that provided them a roof over their heads. contrast this to the guy's mother who left him. so, no matter how much of a bitch she comes off as, i say it's a personality that develops having to fend off as a single mother raising and feeding 5 mouths. the guy on the other hand seems to be just a neet who didnt amount to anything after his parents divorced and left him. sad, yes, but the woman made the best with her situation. way more commendable imo.
KurogashiJan 31, 2015 5:06 PM
Jan 31, 2015 5:00 PM
Nov 2014
Damn nice, the feels are strong. Best episode so far.
5/5
Jan 31, 2015 5:01 PM
Aug 2008
Vanisher said:
With the logic some of you guys bring to defend the woman you might as well defend serial killers and rapers if they had a shitty life.

This.

Being abused doesn't give you free pass to abuse others. And its clear insult to everyone out there, who had hard life too, but kept being decent human.
Jan 31, 2015 5:09 PM

Dec 2011
I actually cried in this episode...

I believe the guy was reincarnated because even if he was useless to society before he regretted his actions and the way he behaved while he lived.. also depression is a thing you all seem not to know about and you don't have to have a tragic past to have depression.

The girl didn't really regret her actions just that she died. She didn't regret treating people badly, I feel sorry for the things that happened to her but she shouldn't treated people the same way. I don't think having a bad life excuses one's actions. She didn't even apologize to the dude when he woke up for knocking him out.
grumpytoastJan 31, 2015 5:24 PM
Jan 31, 2015 5:56 PM

Nov 2007
RusAnon said:
Vanisher said:

This.

Being abused doesn't give you free pass to abuse others. And its clear insult to everyone out there, who had hard life too, but kept being decent human.

Exactly.

These people are judged based on the color of their soul anyways, not on whether or not their darkness was a result of other people's actions.

Plenty of people have had a much shittier life than her, while becoming much better people.

The fact she was constantly hit by someone stronger than her does not give her the right to constantly hit someone weaker than her. The exact opposite, actually; it means she knew exactly how she was making the other person feel, and acted like that anyways.

She was a sociopath, plain and simple. She exploited her kids for personal fame while largely neglecting them, and berating them whenever they weren't being useful enough to her.

And it's generally considered bad if your first reaction to any sort of problem is immediate violence and homicide.
Jan 31, 2015 6:11 PM

Aug 2014
Such an emotional episode -_-
Jan 31, 2015 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
In this anime each episode can shake the person watching, the plot brings up all the pain and sadness to depart and leave regrets, and also how difficult it is to judge a person

Even with the gloomy weather, the scenery is still engaging, and the stories presented are very good, sure already among the best anime of the season ..
Jan 31, 2015 6:58 PM

Jun 2012
Azrael_STX said:

These people are judged based on the color of their soul anyways, not on whether or not their darkness was a result of other people's actions.

Plenty of people have had a much shittier life than her, while becoming much better people.

The fact she was constantly hit by someone stronger than her does not give her the right to constantly hit someone weaker than her. The exact opposite, actually; it means she knew exactly how she was making the other person feel, and acted like that anyways.

She was a sociopath, plain and simple. She exploited her kids for personal fame while largely neglecting them, and berating them whenever they weren't being useful enough to her.

And it's generally considered bad if your first reaction to any sort of problem is immediate violence and homicide.

Totally agree minus calling her a sociopath(you were probably making a point) since she was a emotional wreck, I think it's really spot on.
Jan 31, 2015 6:58 PM
Apr 2013
There's just one thing that's been bothering me... Wasn't it supposed to be couples, as in, we were married/engaged/dating/going out like the two previous one? I thought it was supposed to be like that, I don't remember if someone told me or the anime presented itself like this tho... Because if it's not, then the only thing needed is that you die at the same time of someone else, right?

Again, I cried with this episode. It's such an emotional trainwreck.
But I got myself wondering over and over where should the woman be sent to. In the end, I think she going to the Void was the correct judgement. Of course, she was betrayed many times, left to take care of her five children, but it doesn't seem like she cared much for them either. Like someone said, the two elder even seemed to hate her, and she didn't really care for the two youngest crying in one flashback (where she was eating). Probably her fixation with TV is also because she could become famous, and that's why she made them all go to TV (who knows? not enough information in this one). Also she wasn't the best of people to her subordinates.

As for the boy... I agree with one of the posters here, we don't have much information why his mother left him and said he was never supposed to be born... Which is already pretty bad. His stepmother might have been really loving and hoped they could get along, but he was already very wounded about everything. So, both were victims of circunstances of life, but their attitude were very different...

Not to mention the whole game thing. The woman really went overboard - I thought she would somehow realize he was the same age of her oldest children and do something unexpected, but no luck.

P.S.: Decim's apparently reconsidering the use of that device in the games. Onna is right, they're just making them act on force, but I suppose that's what life's does too right?
Jan 31, 2015 7:01 PM
Jan 2015
grumpytoast said:

The girl didn't really regret her actions just that she died. She didn't regret treating people badly, I feel sorry for the things that happened to her but she shouldn't treated people the same way. I don't think having a bad life excuses one's actions. She didn't even apologize to the dude when he woke up for knocking him out.

Apologizing to someone just after realizing that you're already dead isn't something that I would expect to happen. Especially if you're more concerned about your children that you have just left in the living world.

RusAnon said:
Vanisher said:

This.

I consider it as a consequence of having a horrible shitty life rather than a free pass. It's just that people are different and react to hardships in different ways. Like the difference between the woman who adapted a horrible personality after what shes been through and the otaku who fell into depression and committed suicide.

Did I just see her getting compared to a serial killer and rapist? really? A serial killer doesn't call an ambulance after thinking that they have just killed someone and rape is giving in to lust and temptation more than anything else.

Bottom line is the mother still cared deeply for her children knowing that their life was just getting better after landing a good job otherwise she wouldn't have even mentioned them when she desperately wanted to be returned. She just wanted to have a good functional family but life is unfair just as Decim said and that's what turned her into a person that she is.
Jan 31, 2015 7:54 PM

May 2009
people keep asking why that chick went to the void, hell, whatever. . . .

. . . .I gotta say, from the very beginning she seemed like a complete attention whore to me and I didn't like her at all.
She was about to be happy because having 5 kids got her a TV show.

That's the same shit people try to do here in the States

She was a satire of the Duggars and all those other twats with ridiculously large familes that get checks from the former "learning channel".

the hikkikomori. . . ..wait, was he definitely a hikkikomori?
We don't get enough information about him, except that he's a child of divorce
Jan 31, 2015 8:56 PM

Dec 2014
Awry said:
Damn .. I want to see a game with two males already... (Best friends)

yea now that you mention it
Jan 31, 2015 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
the woman seemed selfish even as she realized she was dead. that little bit of guilt at the end was sadness from never reaching happiness. She didn't even feel regret for acting on brute force so often. On the other hand, the dude made some bad choices and isolated himself but he really felt sorry at the end.
Jan 31, 2015 11:16 PM

Jul 2011

Now, I wonder if we'll get an episode of pitting best friends or siblings against each other... that would be interesting to watch. This show has so much potential so I hope to see it live up to my expectations.
MirorinFeb 1, 2015 12:11 AM
Jan 31, 2015 11:38 PM

Oct 2014
sankakusong said:
grumpytoast said:

Apologizing to someone just after realizing that you're already dead isn't something that I would expect to happen. Especially if you're more concerned about your children that you have just left in the living world.

RusAnon said:

This.

I consider it as a consequence of having a horrible shitty life rather than a free pass. It's just that people are different and react to hardships in different ways. Like the difference between the woman who adapted a horrible personality after what shes been through and the otaku who fell into depression and committed suicide.

Did I just see her getting compared to a serial killer and rapist? really? A serial killer doesn't call an ambulance after thinking that they have just killed someone and rape is giving in to lust and temptation more than anything else.

Bottom line is the mother still cared deeply for her children knowing that their life was just getting better after landing a good job otherwise she wouldn't have even mentioned them when she desperately wanted to be returned. She just wanted to have a good functional family but life is unfair just as Decim said and that's what turned her into a person that she is.

Well she cared for her children too late. I disagree. I do not agree with the fact that a person gets a pass just because they did it for the greater good. For example, Breaking Bad (excellent series), the main character became a drug lord and killed people for his family. Was he excused? NO. This lady in episode 4. Bashed the otaku's head on the screen with the intent of maiming him, or possibly killing him so she can survive a percieved idea of a death game. But it's ok right?, it's for her family, she gets a free pass for hurting a human being for the greater good. Do you see the BS in that?. Everything in life comes with consequences. When someone kills a human being to protect a loved one, they are still a murderer. When someone sells drugs to make money for their family, they are still criminals. This women didn't get a free pass because she was just demented inside-out. Sure the abuse made her that way, but everything that happened after that abuse is her fault. No one to blame but her. She slapped her assistant? It's ok she was abused by men in her life so please forgive her. Yeah right, the assistant killed her for that and probably for years of pent up anger. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Jan 31, 2015 11:38 PM
Apr 2012
Great episode. I teared up quite a bit in the end.
Jan 31, 2015 11:50 PM

Jan 2014
http://www.deathparade.jp/introduction/words.html

Words 02 - Reincarnation and the Void

These are where souls that have been judged go.
Once the deceased have been judged after playing one of many games, they are escorted to two side-by-side doors, each containing a customers-only elevator leading to reincarnation or the void.
The "White Noh Mask" and the "Hannya Mask" are displayed above the elevator doors, and reveal where the souls are headed. Once the souls of the deceased have made their journey, their bodies take the form of dolls.
Those who are reincarnated may live anew in the present day, but those sent to the void are cast into the graveyard of souls.
Souls cast into the Void are left with their negative emotions and consciousness intact, and remain in nothingness for all eternity.

Can anyone confirm that this is legit translation?

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Feb 1, 2015 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
The scene where Decim is consoling the two had some feels in it.

A much better episode than the last one.
Feb 1, 2015 1:13 AM

Aug 2012
i feel bad for the woman, i still dont totally get why was she sent to void tho
Feb 1, 2015 1:37 AM
Apr 2011
Minorin said:
This show is lacking cohesion and consistency...

I know it is trying to show us something about human nature and to make us reflect on whether the people are really "evil" or "good", and what judgement they should face... but it's lacking in depth and expansion of its setting. Are we just going to get flashbacks every episode...? Seriously? And why the hell did the auditor comfort the players... that's a huge no. He's suppose to remain impartial, no matter what. Even when his judgement is wrong and regardless of his emotions towards the players. The assistant is doing everything much better...

There's plenty of depth in the story. If it was completely depthless, the show will end every episode with a clear cut determination of who's outright evil and who's outright good. However, we don't see that clear cut difference; we see that people are not white or black but grey, and it's up to the arbiter to determine the "shade" of the grey to pass the judgement. This is interesting because a slightly "darker" grey should not be categorized as black and "lighter" grey categorized as white, yet this anime forces this categorization.

I think it's trying to show the absurdity of the idea of absolute good and absolute bad when dealing with the human psyche. It compromises this absurdity by stating in the first episode that it is actually not heaven or hell (white or black) but reincarnation or void (grey or grey). Reincarnation is not necessarily a good thing; you can be born into worse conditions leading to a horrific lifestyle. Void is not necessarily a bad thing; it's a release from the burdens of the living. If we were to apply this logic to this episode, the decision is perfect. The otaku gets a second chance to bear the burdens of the living and fix his aloof attitude that led to his depression and suicide. The woman gets a "break" from her burdens of life and is given eternal "peace" from her past torments.

As for the expansion of setting, we're only 4 episodes in, wait until the season's finished before you make this verdict.

Flashbacks are required every episode because the realization that one is dead leads to apathy during the games, leading to inaccurate judgements during the games.

Decim was allowed to comfort the players because the verdict has already been made. Note how he hugged both of them after mentioning that they may enter their respective elevators. Also you seem to have conceptualized Decim as a human noting that he MUST remain impartial and emotionless. You fail to realize that's how he's been the whole time. His impartialness and lack of emotion led to the false ruling in the first episode so an emotional and partial assistant (who intervened during this game) was given to advise him on his judgement.
Feb 1, 2015 2:07 AM

Mar 2013
I think this week episode resemble Death Billiards a lot.

At first I thought both of them will sent into the void (with what misaki did before she died and Yousuke also waste his life doing a suicide.)

But yousuke sent into reincarnation and misaki into the void.
By the way I'm glad we are going to see the other member next week
Feb 1, 2015 2:44 AM

Sep 2013
wow we only got to know those 2, yet it was so emotional...well played death parade
Feb 1, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
The ending was sad.
While the woman had an harsh life at the beginning, she then went by the usual treating others bad and not caring for others (she realized very late how much her children were important).

While the man, the only bad thing that he did was not accepting his mother in law.
Waiting for one episode were they both go to hell.
Feb 1, 2015 3:25 AM

Oct 2013
fairly confronting there.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 1, 2015 5:04 AM

Jan 2009
At the end, with the crying scene, the woman was faking it. She's an actress after all. She also knows all about sucking up to 'higher ups' like the arbiter.

The nerd guy's case was too simple, but it reminds me of irl japanese otakus and the many suicides happening in that demographic. lots of cyberbulling too.

This episode made me think about the annoying that is the RNG of life. i have this urge to make those who are favored by RNG to suffer, including myself.
Feb 1, 2015 5:05 AM

Jun 2010
wow the feel is so strong this ep
dont know if such life can be considered as well done xD
Feb 1, 2015 5:43 AM

Sep 2013
Yousuke's story hit me really badly and I'm so relieved to know that a fictional character go reincarnated for some reason.

Feb 1, 2015 5:55 AM
Nov 2011
It was a nice episode.
As for the judgment I see it as the woman would’ve lived her life the same after the incident were as the otaku would’ve changed his ways. And from that comes the judgment for a 2nd chance for his soul. I think it doesn’t matter about what happened in the past but what would they do in the future.

I’m really enjoying the show but I want to know how this show will continue for 8 more episodes. Hope it won’t be the same formula every episode as it's starting to get repetitive. These episodes seem a bit shorter than I would like them. I would enjoy 2 episode arcs more. Something like 1st and 2nd episode but with less explaining.
Feb 1, 2015 6:23 AM

Dec 2013
It's amazing that an episode can be so emotional even though the characters were just introduced. Out of all the episodes this one was the best until now. I felt sorry for both . Next time it seems we will see a child/teenager (i hope so)?
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 1, 2015 6:28 AM

Apr 2011
what an episode... i cried along with them ;_; Life is always unfair... and we can only accept it. Why did the guy commit suicide though?
Feb 1, 2015 6:52 AM

May 2009
Soren333 said:

>filler
>original anime
Are you retarded?

Episodic shows clearly aren't for you. Don't try Mushishi, it might kill you.
Feb 1, 2015 7:13 AM

Jun 2012
bastek66 said:
Soren333 said:

>filler
>original anime
Are you retarded?

Episodic shows clearly aren't for you. Don't try Mushishi, it might kill you.

lol that was really funny XD
Feb 1, 2015 7:18 AM
Jan 2011
I love this anime but I disagree with the judgement. WTH? Why is a man that choose to end his life is better than a woman who choose to moveon with it?

Let me be clear, like everyone else we all have thought about suicide - but to actually going trough with it - that man is a COWARD! Shit happens to us all and some ran away but he's running away from everything by choice - and it's not even that hard a life!

I am a hypocite for saying this yet saying this makes me a better man - SUICIDE DOESN'T SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, IT REMOVES THE POSSIBILITY OF EVER MAKING IT BETTER!

That mother is an asshole but she had the courage to face life and move the fucking on! In my opinion, she not him deserves to reincarnate!

I'm sorry but this show is just that good...

Some comments just give me pause sometimes. Damn...

That said, I still stick to what I think. We agree to disagree.
KanameFujiwaraFeb 1, 2015 7:59 AM
Feb 1, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2013
Another amazing episode. Just like previously said by me and some other users, the games in this series are just a way for the players to exert their most inner emotions and show their "true colors". In a way, the arbiters could have picked a different method of probing out emotions, but instead we have this, and thus we have Death Parade.
Feb 1, 2015 7:42 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode. Look forward to seeing more episodes just as depressing as this. I love the pacing over each episode. Looks like we'll be seeing more characters working around being introduced next ep!
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2015

301 by PhantomSkyline »»
Today, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

672 by Nynxyy »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

522 by constructios0913 »»
Sep 20, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

842 by JoestarJonathan »»
Sep 13, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

454 by kyota521306 »»
Aug 26, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.