New
Sep 22, 2014 6:55 AM

Jan 2014
From Animesuki forum

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-27068.html

虚淵氏「アルドノアのラストは俺のせいじゃねぇーからっ」「原案ではイナホと姫は恋仲になり姫がスレインに 連れ去られて1話が終わる話だった」

先にいっとくとサイコパス2期で誰か死んでも俺のせいじゃねぇから!冲方さんだから!」 

He said that:

Urobuchi Gen: "Aldnoah's final episode isn't my fault." "In my original scenario, the final episode saw Inaho and Asseylum 'becoming lovers' before she gets taken away by Slaine."

"If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."

Another tweet:

俺は確か「スレインが姫様を連れ去って一期終わり」にしたような』

I definitely finished the first cour with something like Slaine taking the princess away.

Well, isn't that basically what happened?

This new writer just want to dramatize things and create cliffhanger...

I can guarantee that both Inaho and Asseylum are alive.

Also, stop blaming Gen for this. His ending is way more optimistic...

Just_ChickenSep 22, 2014 10:34 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2012
Inaho x Asseylum is whack.
Sep 22, 2014 6:58 AM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
From Animesuki forum

He said that:

Urobuchi Gen: "Aldnoah's final episode isn't my fault." "In my original scenario, the final episode saw Inaho and Asseylum 'becoming lovers' before she gets taken away by Slaine."

The Psycho-Pass thing is also about how whatever happens is not his fault - it's Ubukata's.

I can guarantee that both Inaho and Asseylum is alive.

HAHAHA SO INAHO X ASEYLUM WAS CANON. OH THE BURN
Sep 22, 2014 7:00 AM

Oct 2010
What like what can this couple even exist from a logical point of view/ Maybe if Inaho had a different personality, maybe if their interactions would be different throughout the anime, but, but...
This so doesn't make sense, I don't wanna know anything else.
Sep 22, 2014 7:01 AM
Dec 2013
Inko x Inaho ?
Sep 22, 2014 7:01 AM

Apr 2008
ScazoN said:
Inko x Inaho ?

Dead in the water
Sep 22, 2014 7:02 AM

Jan 2014
Mariola-chan said:
What like what can this couple even exist from a logical point of view/ Maybe if Inaho had a different personality, maybe if their interactions would be different throughout the anime, but, but...

It's the new writer's fault.

If Gen wrote this himself, it would be different...
Sep 22, 2014 7:03 AM
Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ScazoN said:
Inko x Inaho ?

Dead in the water
Oh, not gonna bother with this show now
Sep 22, 2014 7:04 AM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
Mariola-chan said:

chickenonthepan said:
Mariola-chan said:

That's the story for a lot of recent projects he was involved in
Sep 22, 2014 7:05 AM

Oct 2010
chickenonthepan said:
Mariola-chan said:

It's really too bad...They could at least frame the draft of each topic in the series so it would make sense, but right now it looks like every one of them was thinking only ablut his own idea. In the end, it turned out pretty bad. What a shame...
Sep 22, 2014 7:06 AM

Feb 2013
chickenonthepan said:

He said that:

l dont really see the romance between Inaho and Asseylum honestly...but l really hope Asseylum doesnt survive...

Sep 22, 2014 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
Well I guess this almost confirms that the Princess is alive as the rest of the major points Urobutchi wrote wouldn't make sense at all even with deviations. It also probably means that Inaho is also alive or at the least its more likely than we thought, which is a bit disappointing.
Sep 22, 2014 7:12 AM

Jun 2014
Hopefully Inaho is alive and will kick Slaine's ass
Sep 22, 2014 7:13 AM

Apr 2008
L3gEnDaRy said:

Crossing all fingers I have~
Sep 22, 2014 7:18 AM

Jun 2012
L3gEnDaRy said:

Inaho had it coming. If someone betrayed you after you helped them out at great personal risk and you're tortured half to death as a result, surely you'd be justified in killing the mofo?
Sep 22, 2014 7:20 AM

Apr 2008
TheIMF said:
L3gEnDaRy said:

Inaho had it coming. If someone betrayed you after you helped them out at great personal risk and you're tortured half to death as a result, surely you'd be justified in killing the mofo?

Not after I just got my precious loved one killed. I'd be contemplating suicide than taking out a now pointless grudge now that my world is completely dead
Sep 22, 2014 7:20 AM

Jan 2014
TheIMF said:
L3gEnDaRy said:

stop this here.

Can you move this to another thread?

Thank you.
Sep 22, 2014 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
orithyea said:
chickenonthepan said:

The Psycho-Pass thing is also about how whatever happens is not his fault - it's Ubukata's.
Just to make it clearer this roughly says: "If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."

Thanks, I will edit it :P
Sep 22, 2014 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Why must you torture me so?

Lol jks, I thought so. The new writer is using the cheapest tricks in the bag to keep this series going resulting in the mess that this anime is.

Honestly the ending was the only decent thing among the rest of the mediocrity. It would of been interesting if they stuck to it rather than use a cheesy cliffhanger to bait people to watch the second season in which the supposedly dead characters conveniently come out alive.
FoxfireSep 23, 2014 12:10 AM
Sep 22, 2014 8:29 AM

May 2011
chickenonthepan said:
From Animesuki forum

He said that:

"If you're ahead [of Psycho Pass], it is not my fault if someone also dies in Psycho Pass 2! It is Ubukata-san's."

Also, stop blaming Gen for this. His ending is way more optimistic...

Guess that means that in Psycho Pass 2 Akane will die, it's pretty much a hint.
Sep 22, 2014 8:29 AM

Feb 2013
Okay, I have heard that Urobuchi write the first 3 and the last 3 of second season right? If so, it's confirmed both princess and Inaho alive
Sep 22, 2014 8:31 AM
Jul 2013
TheIMF said:
L3gEnDaRy said:

Inaho didn't betray Slaine.
They helped each other. Either of them would have been dead.
Slaine got what he deserved. He threatened Inaho and tried to force him to take him to the Princess, and got shot down as a result. He brought the situation upon himself.
He shot Inaho in episode 12 out of pure frustration. There's no justification in that, though it is funny.

Slaine lost everything because of his idiocy. He got a nice mech out of the whole ordeal, though, which is nice I suppose.
Sep 22, 2014 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
My sympathies nonwithstanding, it doesn't make sense. Previously he said that he didn't introduce Inaho and that he didn't feel involved in his character. Why would he concern himself with pairing for Inaho in such a case?
This feels like a cheap attention grab.
And I am happy that they didn't go with his vision. I dislike Inaho x Asseylum pairing. But even if I liked it, I don't watch this series for love drama.

This series is a trainwreck as far as scenario goes. Fishy ressurections, cliffhangers for the sake of cliffhangers, poor characterisation. The ending was one of the best things they've done so far. At least it provided development and actual consequences.
I hope that the feedback will make them think about being more thorough with the writing. Though it is unlikely - they get enough attention as it is.
If they resurrect both Inaho and Asseylum, that will be really low. And sad, because there're many interesting ways to continue the story without them, or at least one of them.
Sep 22, 2014 8:36 AM

Jun 2012
personally I don't think I would have been pleased if it ended with Inaho x Asseylum

as much as I like Inaho it would be so out of place given how much Slaine suffered when trying to search/save her and it has been implied so much he loves her that just nope

furthermore, the only moment Asseylum showed herself this kind of "affection" towards Inaho was in that last episode at the end, same goes for Inaho when he tried to reach her after she was shot

so yeah, it would feel incredibly out of place if it ended like that honestly, like the whole story was a pure joke :/ (I mean, what would be the point in creating Slaine in that case?)

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 22, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2011
deadoptimist said:
My sympathies nonwithstanding, it doesn't make sense. Previously he said that he didn't introduce Inaho and that he didn't feel involved in his character. Why would he concern himself with pairing for Inaho in such a case?
And I am happy that they didn't go with his vision. I dislike Inaho x Asseylum pairing. But even if I liked it, I don't watch this series for love drama.

This series is a trainwreck as far as scenario goes. Fishy ressurections, cliffhangers for the sake of cliffhangers, poor characterisation. The ending was one of the best things they've done so far. At least it provided development and actual consequences.
I hope that the feedback will make them think about being more thorough with the writing. Though it is unlikely - they get enough attention as it is.
If they resurrect both Inaho and Asseylum, that will be really low. And sad, because there're many interesting ways to continue the story without them, or at least one of them.

Yeah but the last episode made it hard to actually make a 2nd season, if they are both dead then what will the 2nd season be about: if Slaine is the new mc, then a lot will drop it, if it's about how Earth gets overtaken that could be wrapped in a few OVAs, if the both survived that's pretty much illogical (getting shot in the head is quite lethal if you ask me :D) this ending just doesn't fit for a 2 season anime at all imo.
Oct 2012
alchem1485 said:
Okay, I have heard that Urobuchi write the first 3 and the last 3 of second season right? If so, it's confirmed both princess and Inaho alive

I'd like to know where you heard that from.

Apr 2008
Aozumi said:
personally I don't think I would have been pleased if it ended with Inaho x Asseylum

as much as I like Inaho it would be so out of place given how much Slaine suffered when trying to search/save her and it has been implied so much he loves her that just nope

furthermore, the only moment Asseylum showed herself this kind of "affection" towards Inaho was in that last episode at the end, same goes for Inaho when he tried to reach her after she was shot

so yeah, it would feel incredibly out of place if it ended like that honestly, like the whole story was a pure joke :/ (I mean, what would be the point in creating Slaine in that case?)

The man rejected by all who comes to hate the entire world
Sep 22, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
AntonyRedgrave said:
Yeah but the last episode made it hard to actually make a 2nd season, if they are both dead then what will the 2nd season be about: if Slaine is the new mc, then a lot will drop it, if it's about how Earth gets overtaken that could be wrapped in a few OVAs, if the both survived that's pretty much illogical (getting shot in the head is quite lethal if you ask me :D) this ending just doesn't fit for a 2 season anime at all imo.

I think there're possibilities. They can make the knights fight between themselves. If Saazbaum is taken out, there is no one to lead their rebellion.
UE can get another hero - for example, someone from another theater of war.
Vers can finally intervene. The emperor may die and the empire crumble.
They can use the Orlaine's story. Or capitalize on dr. Troyard's research and Slaine's ability to use aldnoah.
They can develop Rayet.
There're many possibilities in case they go for a timeskip. They can make the whole story of Slaine and Asseylum's body disappearance into a secret someone tries to solve.

But all of this requires an okeyish level of writing.
Asspull ressurections are much easier.
deadoptimistSep 22, 2014 8:55 AM
Sep 22, 2014 8:51 AM
Jan 2010
chickenonthepan said:

Although it is a bit of a stretch, if you think about it, this scenario isn't too far from what actually happened. The interactions between Inaho and Asseylum seemed to be a little more than just friendly, more so with Inaho and his thoughts, during the last few minutes. We also don't exactly know what happened to the Princess, but we can pretty much assume Slaine took her away or something.

Haha, totally a stretch, but it's whatever. I'm actually a little more interested how they're going to continue this.
Sep 22, 2014 9:33 AM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:
From Animesuki forum

Pretty much this. Create Drama for better quotes next Season...
Sep 22, 2014 10:01 AM
Jun 2013
Aozumi said:

I gotta agree. I had high hopes for the show at the beginning, but as things went along and failed to get much better, my main interest was in hoping Slaine and Asseylum would finally end up together. Say what you will about Slaine (I'm none too happy with him after this episode either e___e), but his devotion to the princess was admirable and I enjoyed the childhood flashbacks of them a lot more than the almost non-existent story behind Inaho. Being logical and serious is one thing, but he displayed so little of any type of feeling to anyone that he sucked a lot of the interest out for me. Having him suddenly be deeply in love with the princess at the end accordingly wouldn't sit too well. I'm not sure about Slaine dragging her off, either; can see accusations getting thrown out about what Inaho told him before, but I still have trouble believing he's so warped that he'd drag her off against her will.

But eh, maybe things would've been different if the script had been geared towards that ending from the get go. Makes me feel bad for Slaine, though; seems to get the short end of the script stick no matter who's in charge X'D
Sep 22, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

Urobuchi laid out the scenario. It simply means that he made the grand plot, like how the story starts and how it ends, major plot twists...

The characterizations and smaller plots are left open for the other writer to develop. Gen doesn't write the script for every episode. The new writer can change the details if he wants.

I think I address this before but none seems to listen.

And I think the new writer still sticks to Gen's frame work. Inaho and Asseylum are indeed have feeling for each other. The term "become lover" here is that "they realize they love each other, but don't do anything about that yet" if translated correctly. And fact is, Slaine does take Asseylum away.

So I have no doubt that this writer will continue to follow Gen's scenario to the end. He will continue to add his cheap twist and cliffhanger for sure. But I think he is not creative enough to go for a whole new route.
Just_ChickenSep 22, 2014 10:19 AM
Sep 22, 2014 10:14 AM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

Urobuchi laid out the scenario. It simply means that he made the grand plot, like how the story starts and how it ends, major plot twists...

The characterizations and smaller plots are left open for the other writer to develop. Gen doesn't write the script for every episode. The new writer can change the details if he wants.

And I think the new writer still stick to Gen's frame work. Inaho and Asseylum are indeed have feeling for each other. The term "become lover" here is "they realize they love each other, but doesn't do anything about that yet" if translated correctly. And fact is, Slaine does take Asseylum away.

So I have no doubt that this writer will continue to follow Gen's scenario to the end. He will continue to add his cheap twist and cliffhanger for sure. But I think he is not creative enough to go for a whole new route.

Which means I can look forward to Inaho's return. Huzzah!
Sep 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Oct 2007
Well it kind of is his fault because he didn't stay to make sure things turned out the way he planned. If you're going to just leave a project in the middle of things you don't really get to step back and pass judgement, likewise with Psycho Pass 2, he just up and left so passing judgement seems kind of arrogant to me at least.
Sep 22, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Well it kind of is his fault because he didn't stay to make sure things turned out the way he planned. If you're going to just leave a project in the middle of things you don't really get to step back and pass judgement, likewise with Psycho Pass 2, he just up and left so passing judgement seems kind of arrogant to me at least.

It didn't sound to me like he was passing judgment. More like he was letting the fans know that they shouldn't point their pitchforks at him for any deaths in these two series
Sep 22, 2014 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Sep 22, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It didn't sound to me like he was passing judgment. More like he was letting the fans know that they shouldn't point their pitchforks at him for any deaths in these two series

Pretty much this. But he unintentionally spoil out important details. :P
Sep 22, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:

And I think the new writer still sticks to Gen's frame work. Inaho and Asseylum are indeed have feeling for each other. The term "become lover" here is that "they realize they love each other, but don't do anything about that yet" if translated correctly. And fact is, Slaine does take Asseylum away.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't address my point. In the previous interview that was quoted here Urobuchi said, that Inaho had been introduced based on the design and that he could offer no insights in his character. Doesn't that mean that his idea for the plot didn't include Inaho?
Now he says that his version of the ending was focused around Inaho and Asseylum's love story.
It doesn't tie together very well. Now, I understand that the writing process for anime and for Aldnoah especially seems to be a collective and kinda disjointed effort, but still building lovestories for a character who you don't want even to discuss is wrong.
Sep 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

I'm sorry, but that doesn't address my point. In the previous interview that was quoted here Urobuchi said, that Inaho had been introduced based on the design and that he could offer no insights in his character. Doesn't that mean that his idea for the plot didn't include Inaho?
Now he says that his version of the ending was focused around Inaho and Asseylum's love story.
It doesn't tie together very well. Now, I understand that the writing process for anime and for Aldnoah especially seems to be a collective and kinda disjointed effort, but still building lovestories for a character who you don't want even to discuss is wrong.

What he said in that interview doesn't mean he didn't include Inaho. You don't understand his point...

Just "his Inaho" and "real Inaho" have different characteristics.

In this tweet, he just call "the protagonist on the Earth side" Inaho, that's all.

You can understand his point as: "I finished the first part with "the protagonist on the Earth side" and "the princess of Mars" falling in love, then "the protagonist on the Mars side" take the princess away".

He used these names because it is easier to relate to...
Sep 22, 2014 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
We don't even know if it was his choice to left, people bash the fuck out of him when they're not sure if what they're saying is even 100% true.
Sep 22, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2011
chickenonthepan said:
Darklight0303 said:

Pretty much this. But he unintentionally spoil out important details. :P

Yep, I guess we can count on something like what we got in Aldnoah Zero.
Sep 22, 2014 10:48 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm... So Urobuchi did technically write the basic scenarios for everything? Twists and such... So he wrote the whole convenient arm hitting entrance to dock thing? Also the whole, Inaho not picking up Slaine after shooting him down just for the sake of making the plot go on longer?

How much exactly did he outline... I know he wrote the first 3 episodes but he apparently did do the outline for the rest of it, were those his fault?

Either way, characterization was never his strong point anyway... If he was in charge of characters, they might not be as bad as they were but they would not be much better in all honesty... Plus, the episodes he did write weren't good either, they were just as bad as the rest of it in my eyes.

Whether he wrote the ending or not, it's still silly for him to think we'd care about their relationship. I was actually laughing when Inaho was remembering the scenes he had together with her, like, all 5 of them and NONE were even remotely romantic in the least. They made that legit CPR scene into a romantic kiss in his head. It was really awkward. None of the characters had any chemistry with one another.

Also, confirmed by his words that this was supposed to be a NTR mecha series. *facepalm*
Sep 22, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
Keten said:
Hmm... So Urobuchi did technically write the basic scenarios for everything? Twists and such... So he wrote the whole convenient arm hitting entrance to dock thing? Also the whole, Inaho not picking up Slaine after shooting him down just for the sake of making the plot go on longer?

How much exactly did he outline... I know he wrote the first 3 episodes but he apparently did do the outline for the rest of it, were those his fault?

Either way, characterization was never his strong point anyway... If he was in charge of characters, they might not be as bad as they were but they would not be much better in all honesty... Plus, the episodes he did write weren't good either, they were just as bad as the rest of it in my eyes.

Whether he wrote the ending or not, it's still silly for him to think we'd care about their relationship. I was actually laughing when Inaho was remembering the scenes he had together with her, like, all 5 of them and NONE were even remotely romantic in the least. They made that legit CPR scene into a romantic kiss in his head. It was really awkward. None of the characters had any chemistry with one another.

Also, confirmed by his words that this was supposed to be a NTR mecha series. *facepalm*
Keten said:

It's only NTR if both characters are already together. Slaine's crush was entirely onesided and never reciprocated by the princess >_>
Sep 22, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:

It's only NTR if both characters are already together. Slaine's crush was entirely onesided and never reciprocated by the princess >_>

As he stated. "Inaho and the Princess were supposed to become lovers before she is taken away by Slaine".

Anyway, regardless of the specifics of romance. If you are going to write romance, you have to make it have focus on the characters. As he stated before, he didn't even write the characters.

So this is basically what happened. He told the guy, "so these 2 fall in love, make it work, I don't know what their personalities are, so you'll have to do that too."

He basically told the guy to make up a believable romance on the spot. That is bullshit and unfair to him. He wonders why his vision was busted. >_>
Sep 22, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:
So he wrote the whole convenient arm hitting entrance to dock thing? Also the whole, Inaho not picking up Slaine after shooting him down just for the sake of making the plot go on longer?

I believe this is the new writer's part...

sound more like a shoujo mecha anime. But we don't know his "original work". So no comment on this.
Sep 22, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2008
One thing i have to wonder is how fierce was the backlash Urobuchi got for Inaho and Asseylum's death that it made him have to tweet this disclaimer.
Sep 22, 2014 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
Darklight0303 said:
One thing i have to wonder is how fierce was the backlash Urobuchi got for Inaho and Asseylum's death that it made him have to tweet this disclaimer.

Considering the episode 12 discussion thread has over 1000 replies, most of which are rage or debates over the rage... I assume it was quite a lot of backlash. xD
Sep 22, 2014 11:04 AM

Nov 2013
I always knew InahoXAsseylum was the real thing. I mean they made it kinda obvious early on. Anyway, new writer sucks for all the shit he made best girl Mahou Shoujo Princess go through.
Sep 22, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2008
Keten said:
Darklight0303 said:

Considering the episode 12 discussion thread has over 1000 replies, most of which are rage or debates over the rage... I assume it was quite a lot of backlash. xD
Keten said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's my point. :P
Sep 22, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
So Urobuchi wanted a story love, I don´t like the idea, in my opinion is better tragedy :D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» New ova announced

Hickykissy - Sep 16

7 by spacenewtype »»
Sep 17, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2125 by Assassin2112 »»
Aug 6, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

320 by Assassin2112 »»
Aug 6, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.