Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RIP first kiss. Well, Tatsumi just got kissed by the sadist Esdese. Speaking of love, Boris has a wife :p. That should be surprising..

Wave's Grand Chariot is awesome. I always wanted to see this animated tbh. That wasn't much of a fight though since Tatsumi didn't really want to take him on. Poor Wave. If he fucks up again, he's going to get punished for real. They covered more than I had thought this episode.

I suppose this episode also foreshadows perhaps Akame's eventual fight against Kurome.

Stark700Sep 7, 2014 9:57 AM
Sep 7, 2014 8:27 AM

May 2009
What a shit pacing.
Sep 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2013
bastek66 said:
What a shit pacing.

Did they go too fast? I wanna see it already.
Sep 7, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2009
Raycee said:
bastek66 said:
What a shit pacing.

Did they go too fast? I wanna see it already.

Whole Jeagers presentation was 2 minutes before OP. Next episode probably will cover whole Stylish's attack arc.
Sep 7, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
Why are Esdese's breasts so big? Can't they just draw her like in the manga?
Sep 7, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
I really wanted to see Tatsumi go all out against Wave, hopefully we will see that in future episodes.
Sep 7, 2014 9:37 AM
Sep 2013
Jeagers are completey group of badass. Esdeath cleavage gosh damn. Tatsumi escaping only ends up leading to trouble as their hideout is found. Kurome is definitely my favorite member of Jeagers
Sep 7, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2010
Good episode :D

Jaegars really are awesome (Minus Bitch Justice -.-)

Loved the EsdeathxTatsumi scenes :3 Esdeath blushing is so adorable and Dat kiss <3
Quite the fanservice she gave us this ep with the one piece shirt *A* I want to be her hug pillow >.<!!

Nice to see Tatsumi trying to convince her straight away and not getting scared. Really good guts there. It's not that easy though. And her Yandereness is <3

Lol'd at Wave so much XD First his reaction to Bols having a wife and second his reaction to Tatsumi running away and thinking what Esdeath would do to him XDXD
Poor guy ^^; He's BA though. Definitely fav from Jaegars.

Nice escape plan by Tatsumi ^^; and cute moment with Akame.

Esdeath is still totally in love <3

Stylish has found the base...nxt ep will be awesome :D Can't wait. And YAY! Susano >.<!
Sep 7, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2014
Esdeath is hot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2014 9:45 AM

Aug 2014
This was a pretty good episode. I wasn't expect Tatsumi to escape so soon. Poor Wave. Kurome is so much like Akame which is why I already like her.

Next week's battle should be top notch with the Scientist vs. Night Raid.
Sep 7, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2011
Kind of disappointed with this episode... they skipped the little details I am waiting, the part where they actually remove Tatsumi's collar and he interacting with the Jaegers members at the start...

And that Esdeath X Tatsumi scene. They didn't disappoint on to show Esdeath being hot.

Other than that, it is still a fine episode. Love the Tatsumi-Wave-Kurome scene. I love Kurome and her stinginess for sweets... and her twisted love for her sister.

Next episode... we are getting to see
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2014 9:50 AM

Oct 2010
The pacing for this episode was pretty bad, but it was still a good episode overall. I was disappointed that they skipped the whole Tatsumi introduction to the Jaegers, and the Jaeger's vow to fight with Esdeath. Was also disappointed that they skipped Yatsufusa's explanation. That kiss from Esdeath though. Tatsumi lost his first kiss pretty fast there. The Incursio vs. Grand Chariot fight was well animated, excepted it was totally one-sided. Can't wait to see
next episode.
Sep 7, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good episode. We get to see the strength of Jaegers. Tatsumi got his first kiss stolen by Esdeath.

Tatsumi and Wave have the same way of being treated.

Good thing, Tatsumi did not fight back against Wave.
Sep 7, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2010
Tatsumi getting stuck with Esdeath in her room with some loose buttons!
Trying to persuade her to join the rebellion army which failed.

Tatsumi something confirming Kurome is related to Akame by not only her clothes but with the excessive eating too xD

Wave with that Imperial Arm, the Grand Chariot that is said to be stronger then Incursio. Though it can't turn invisible. That fight could had been awesome with that speed.
Esdeath's only weakness is her being alive :O and she is looking forward to seeing Tatsumi even if he returns as an enemy.
Stylish with those enhanced soldiers and tracked to find the hideout!
Sep 7, 2014 10:06 AM

May 2013
Wave's Grand Chariot looks pretty awesome. Tatsumi tried to change Esdeath's mind and join his group, but failed as expected. Gotta say that Esdeath does have a really cute side to her.
Sep 7, 2014 10:07 AM

Aug 2007
Not bad. It was nice to see more of what truly makes Esdeath tick. Finally got some confirmation that Kurome is related to Akame nice touch of even bringing up their gluttony is the same. Man Tatsumi and Wave really hit it off there. Shocking surprise that he even got the same type of Imperial Arms. Well I'm surprised he was able to escape so fast but it looks they will meet again. I can't wait to see that reunion.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 7, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
Awful pacing. Just about the entire first half of chapter 17 was skipped, bandit raid was done way too quickly (I wanted to at least see the bandits trying to douse Rubicante's flames), and most of the conversation at the hideout near the end was completely passed over.

I agree with Yoxa, though, still a good episode overall. At least Tatsumi's encounters with Esdeath and Wave were done really well
Sep 7, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Poor Wave, you had it rough, Also his Grand Chariot is awesome.
Sep 7, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
The pacing was fast and the animation kind of sucks. Esdeath has gigantic tits. Twas a decent episode.
Sep 7, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2010
Akame and Tatsumi are so cute together :3
Sep 7, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2014
People still complaining 'bout breasts? 'tis be anime we're talking about, your argument is invalid.
"Hi!"
Sep 7, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
I just hope Tatsumi doesn't end up with pink girl.
Sep 7, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2012
Nope, I can't do this anymore. This is too much, I just can't...deny that I'm enjoying AgK at full force now.

I figured that Wave and Tatsumi were similar but holy smokes. I wonder if they also both had an "ANIKI!!" Bols has a lover, I'm so happy for the guy. He looks like that thing from the cover of Borderlands. And just when I thought Seryu couldn't get any more touched in the head, her expressions are something else.

Bit by bit I'm starting to see the hype behind Esdeath, that bed scene. I'm surprised that Tatsumi came clean to her, that would've been a death wish if she wasn't so set on having him. That was hilarious seeing her use him as a body pillow, I completely forgot how vicious she is during this episode.

Although one thing that bothers me a bit is that earlier in the series it was mentioned that two Imperial Arms Users clashing has always resulted in the death of one of them. I wonder if this didn't apply since Tatsumi didn't retaliate.
ZekkenshinSep 7, 2014 10:45 AM
Sep 7, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
Absolutely loved the episode! The mini battle of Wave and Tatsumi was kind of nice, even tho you cannot even call that a legit battle. That kiss though, tatsumi is really lucky to have a girl like esdese to love him.

The ending kind of shocked me, I didn't expect them to find the location of Night Raid's hideout. This means an attack will happen soon.

Nice ep, 5/5
Sep 7, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
mclovinballz said:
I just hope Tatsumi doesn't end up with pink girl.

I just hope pink hair girl dies. XD
Sep 7, 2014 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
I hope esdeath is not all hype. The jaegers seem weak and I hope that Night raid get more members. They are an assassin group after all.
Sep 7, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
A lot of things were removed.The good thing is All the esdeath moments are there :D
This episode rushed the chapter in the manga.
B-But! They did a good job in hiding that fact.If you're an Anime only viewer you won't even notice it.
Also
ANYONE EXCITED FOR CHELSEA!?

Sep 7, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2012
Man I love Esdeath.

Well this episode was really rushed and they skipped a lot of content. I still say this was a good episode, but I hope they get back to how they were in previous episodes. Also was Esdeath breast always that big?

3/5.
Sep 7, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
Esdeath in the shower tho, dayum.
Sep 7, 2014 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
So judging from this episode and the preview, Dr. Stylish is basically just another version of Szayelaporro Grantz. What a bother.
This episode yet again left me unimpressed for some reason. Yes, some of the Jaegers aren't bad - I'm warming up a bit towards Wave and Bors, but overall Akame ga Kill still doesn't feel like it's worth the hype at all for some reason.
Sep 7, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
HitsuWTG said:
So judging from this episode and the preview, Dr. Stylish is basically just another version of Szayelaporro Grantz. What a bother.
This episode yet again left me unimpressed for some reason. Yes, some of the Jaegers aren't bad - I'm warming up a bit towards Wave and Bors, but overall Akame ga Kill still doesn't feel like it's worth the hype at all for some reason.

The original source is way better Yo!
That's why we were hyped for its anime adaptation.
Literally this adaptation is fixed to be light hearted even with the killing.
The manga was way more dark,A lot of things was also removed in this episode..Dark things.

Sep 7, 2014 11:29 AM

Feb 2014
NeutralSide said:

The manga was way more dark,A lot of things was also removed in this episode..Dark things.

While I definitely can't stand how this anime keeps switching between trying to be dark and being light hearted, I don't really think that's the main problem for me here. In fact, when it tries being dark, I really think it tries too hard. Most of the villains we got before the Jaegers were just plain psychopaths that were absolutely ridiculous in the way they were portrayed, and even now that the show got some regular villains, I still don't find myself interested in them. Same goes for Night Raid, where less than half of the members actually picked my interest, and one of them's dead now. I don't think the manga will fix those issues for me, and I'm not too keen on reading it myself due to the fact that I've got the rule to never drop anything, and it's still ongoing. No way I'm putting myself through twice the amount of torture.
Sep 7, 2014 11:29 AM

May 2009
Darklight0303 said:
I actually don't understand how you can equate anyone who hates that pathetic excuse of a character as an Esdeath fan. I swear you sound just like Bastek to the point that I think you're a dupe of her

What? I'm a guy and I can say same thinks about your hate towards Mein.
Sep 7, 2014 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
HitsuWTG said:
NeutralSide said:

While I definitely can't stand how this anime keeps switching between trying to be dark and being light hearted, I don't really think that's the main problem for me here. In fact, when it tries being dark, I really think it tries too hard. Most of the villains we got before the Jaegers were just plain psychopaths that were absolutely ridiculous in the way they were portrayed, and even now that the show got some regular villains, I still don't find myself interested in them. Same goes for Night Raid, where less than half of the members actually picked my interest, and one of them's dead now. I don't think the manga will fix those issues for me, and I'm not too keen on reading it myself due to the fact that I've got the rule to never drop anything, and it's still ongoing. No way I'm putting myself through twice the amount of torture.

If they would show the anime like the manga we will have corpse party number 2 :P
Sep 7, 2014 11:32 AM
Apr 2014
Best girl Seryu strikes again. She never fail to impress.
Sep 7, 2014 11:33 AM

Apr 2014
HitsuWTG said:
NeutralSide said:

Well can't help you then.No reason for you watch the anime anymore.I won't sugar coat my words if you really don't want to read the manga anymore.
In the end everyone has their own opinion.Also Not like you will lose anything reading free manga which is Monthly release anyway.
I think of Akame ga kiru as that one movie where there's an idiotic villain and you just want to yell "KILL HIM ALREADY!" that's Akame ga kiru.
It just advances to the conclusion.

Sep 7, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was OK. Esdeath is really the best character.
Sep 7, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
Why is Esdeath looking cute there. GaH> my heart.
Sep 7, 2014 11:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Did not expect them to rush it that much =/ Someone told me that its confirmed that the anime will end on the chapter that I want it to end on so I'm guessing that's why

Regardless the episode was still pretty good, and those Esdese scenes did not disappoint >//<
Sep 7, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
Esdeath is for pussies, no man would like to be ruled by a sadist bitch who torture people to death.
Sep 7, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
Wild_Lynx said:
Esdeath is for pussies, no man would like to be ruled by a sadist bitch who torture people to death.

You are ignorant.I won't explain why you are wrong.
Carry on.

Sep 7, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
Tokoya said:
Did not expect them to rush it that much =/ Someone told me that its confirmed that the anime will end on the chapter that I want it to end on so I'm guessing that's why

Regardless the episode was still pretty good, and those Esdese scenes did not disappoint >//<

What chapter, and who confirmed it? I want to know >.<
Sep 7, 2014 11:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Raycee said:
Tokoya said:

What chapter, and who confirmed it? I want to know >.<
The website apparently

And
Sep 7, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
I bet he's her first kiss too...because all her life..she's been a cold blooded murder and a sadist, nothing interests her other than torturing and killing...they both loosed their first kiss...I would totally ship TatsumixEsdeath but...

total worth pilling up ep; 7-10...worth the watch waiting for 4 weeks...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 7, 2014 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Esdeath's chest's features are too big for my liking,but she is still pretty hot. And I do not say this about anime characters often,if ever.

Episode was nice,but I would like to had seen more of Tatsumi and Wave banter.
Sep 7, 2014 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
Esdese looked amazing this episode! Lol it was great seeing the whole Fake Mountain part animated and looks like Stylish's Assault Arc is next. Can't wait till next week!
Sep 7, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
y123y said:
New anime trend: Chicks falling for guys who are shorter than them.

Question for the manga readers and please reply with the spoilers tag:

Will there be more scenes between the MC and the blue hair chick? Or is it just going to phase out as the anime goes along?

Sep 7, 2014 12:04 PM
Nov 2010
Wave is a pretty good character. Boris being married shocked me.
Sep 7, 2014 12:05 PM
Jan 2013
Shit Tatsumi ought bang Esdeath, watta dork.

So hideout being found, what's next?
Sep 7, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
Nooo~ they skipped the lover or pet part :P
I was actually looking forward to that bit of comedy xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1214 by 2kK »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.