Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 6, 2014 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
rei's race got totally shamed.
babymilo91 said:
Everone from Iwatobi did well. Haru barely won that freestyle by .2 seconds. Good episode.

0.02 seconds even.
sousuke spouts so much shit and he didnt even race.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 6, 2014 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
I'm glad everyone made it to regionals. ovo But omg Rei's race. Sure there were no competitors that we're familiar with, but really? Talk about all chopped up. I'm impressed with Momo though. It's good to see that he's got skill when he isn't fooling around.

Really looking forward to that relay next week. Also that ending card was just precious. <3
Aug 6, 2014 6:51 PM
Mar 2013
Haru beasting on them boys. Makoto I know the feels.
Aug 6, 2014 7:00 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty enjoyable episode, too bad Rei didn't get the spot light for once this episode :/
Aug 6, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
I love sports anime. This show continues to make my heart race in each episode.

Hey, did Sousuke compete in any individual races yet? O_o Also, yeah I wish we saw Rei's race as well.

Mikoshiba bros!!!!!! <3
Aug 6, 2014 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
Even the dolphin has a story xD
Aug 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
This show kills me. Not gonna lie, I teared up at the very beginning with the flashback of Makoto and Haru.
I was really glad to see Seijuro in this episode, especially his interactions with Momotarou; I laughed so much at the two of them arguing over Gou.
Happy to see the competition heating up! I also really enjoy the new feeling of the rivalry between Samezuka and Iwatobi this season. It feels a lot more friendly now that all of the drama from season 1 has been dealt with, yet there's some rising tension with Sousuke that keeps it interesting. Excited to see what next week's episode brings!
Aug 6, 2014 10:24 PM
Apr 2012
I really think this show is just purposefully not giving audiences much details into things in each episodes damn they keep leaving cliffhangers like this I just...can't.
Aug 6, 2014 11:36 PM

Oct 2012
y123y said:
So.... Im guessing no one ships Rin and Gou?

Ahhh! I think I do! Not like an otp or anything, but it's a really cute ship. When we were on season 1, they were the first ones I thought to ship! owo
Aug 7, 2014 1:04 AM

Sep 2012
I was never the biggest Makoto fan (not sure why), but he really won me over today. What a bro.

Also agree with everyone on how awesome the Mikoshiba brothers were this ep. Momo is adorable; I'm rooting for him.
Aug 7, 2014 2:14 AM

Nov 2012
i'm so glad seijirou made an appearance in this ep!!! the brothers were amazing. but makoto, poor baby ):

i really liked the soundtrack playing when makoto and nagisa talked near the end, and went thru all the way when sousuke and rin were talking. do u guys know the title of it? hopefully it comes out when the ost comes out soon!
Aug 7, 2014 3:43 AM

Jan 2008
Mikoshiba Senior makes Minishiba bearable. Please, Captain, come back...

Makoto's drama on the other hand was as ass-pulled as Nagisa's from previous episode. For past five episodes the anime focused way too much on Samezuka's new additions to the team that Makoto's plot felt like an afterthought. It WAS believable, I'm actually amazed Makoto didn't flip a table in previous season given how he was put on the shelf everytime someone mentioned douchy-then-Rin, but I felt it didn't had enough foreshadowing and just happened because "quickly, quickly, everybody has to get an episode before we dwelve into Sousuke's angst"!

The first part of the episode reminded me of the first season and everything I liked there. Eternal Summer is a little lukewarm in comparison so I'm glad the atmosphere came back at least for a while. Also Siblings Quality Time, more Gou and Rin moment please. You can never can get enough of heartwarming siblings time.
Aug 7, 2014 7:04 AM

Mar 2014
Makoto is jealous of Rin...
SUCH FEELS
Aug 7, 2014 8:24 AM

Dec 2009
y123y said:

Why should anyone? Not everyone are completely obsessed in disgusting incest relationships.
Aug 7, 2014 8:52 AM

Jun 2013
Sir_Lexa said:
y123y said:

Why should anyone? Not everyone are completely obsessed in disgusting incest relationships.

No need to disrespect anybody here... >.> Sure incest relationships aren't exactly my thing either, but it's only a T.V show.

On the other hand, this episode broke my heart in so many ways! It's not as angsty as I thought it would be, I think they're saving that for next episode. I don't know whether to feel happy or nervous about this. >.<

I have a feeling that Makoto's feelings toward are going to play a big part in the plot this season, and I couldn't be happier. I'm a huge Makoto fangirl and it's nice to see more of the main plot revolve around him! Makoto's feelings weren't exactly resolved this episode, and by the look of that preview, something happens!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/b0c5df2798fd6ba25bd2a0b8e9571c89/tumblr_n9w8auZnjy1tda6puo2_500.png
https://38.media.tumblr.com/7c92a9b449f790193cf58a5562c3bc34/tumblr_n9w8auZnjy1tda6puo1_500.png

*sobs grossly*

This episode only made me love Makoto even more! He's obviously thinking that Haruka is going to go on with Rin to become a professional and leave him behind. He wanted to race against Haruka to see if he could keep up with the both of them, but he couldn't. And because he's such a good guy, when he was upset and crying at the end, he tried to cover it up so that Haruka wouldn't feel bad. Haruka seems to be drifting further and further away from him, and Makoto is distressed because he's unable to follow. Undoubtedly, Makoto will have to become more independent of Haruka, but I hope Haruka is able to convey just how much Makoto means to him in later episodes. The big dork needs to know that he won't be forgotten... ;-;
Too lazy to make a signature. F*** it.
Aug 7, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2007
Mikoshiba brothers <333 I died at their parts, screaming back and forth and even fighting over Gou. "But I'm not letting you have Gou-kun!" And here I was afraid nii-chan wouldn't appear again, seeing him was a treat.

Oh yeah and the rest of the episode was good too.
Aug 7, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2011
Wohooo the prefecturals are here!

I can't wait to see how everyone does in their respective swimming style individual events.

We got to learn that Rin's and Gou's father is dead... sad face T.T

Both brothers and their passions for Gou are really funny XD.

Yeah... Gou sure seems to have made a weird vow to herself about not getting excited from seeing muscles until Iwatobi makes it to the Nationals lol.

Hell yeah! Nagisa made it past the prelims, claiming first place! Makoto also made it past the prelims and claimed first place! Rei also managed the same feat as the previous two!

I wonder what Haruka and Makoto talked about hmm... aw, so that's what it was about in the end.

I guess it was a given that Haruka would end up taking first place in the 200m freestyle event and he even managed to win against Rin in the 100m event, but by a insignificant margin though.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 7, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
Bromance between Haru and Mackoto <3

Everyone did awesome. Glad Nitori improved. Momo showing his resolve for Gou-san
Dat Mikoshiba bro moment end card <3

Shed a tear when Makoto was crying. T__T
Aug 7, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2010
The cheering at the swimming contest never gets old
Bit sad they kind of skipped Rei's match
Aug 7, 2014 6:22 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Gou, holding back on her indulgences!

I really like how this episode touched base on both Makoto's feelings as well as how Rin and Haruka's rivalry fuels them to aim for greater heights, as demonstrated by how far behind they left the rest of the pack. Makoto is such an awesome guy, I think his jealousy comment traces to how he wishes he could push Haruka to give it his all the same way Rin does. It shows how strong the bond between Rin and Haruka has become. It also seemed like Sousuke was bothered by how Rin wasn't more fired up about losing to Haruka by a hair.
Aug 7, 2014 11:16 PM
Dec 2013
Ehh

(sorry this isn't much of a review but more of a shipping thing)

I used to ship haru x rin buttttt as I was finishing the episodes I realized that their relationship would not be very healthy!

Seeing as Rin represents fire and Haru water, is some of the proof.

Sorry, I just think they would argue too much, Their personalities don't really seem to mix well and you see in the intro a glimpse of them fighting.

Well yeah lmao makoharu ftw
Aug 8, 2014 1:25 AM

Jul 2014
Mikoshiba brothers really made the episode for me, they're really so adorable. Especially with the ending card! Still rooting for Momotarou next episode, so Seijuurou can go, "YEAH THAT'S MY LITTLE BROTHER! :D" again. Really love their sibling dynamic.

I never actually cared that much for Makoto, but I think it's gonna be interesting to see how he acts from now on. I do appreciate how we get to see more depth to his character, though.

And Pro-Haru end pls.
Aug 8, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was some intense swimming in this episode and hopefully the next as well.

Great episode!!!
Aug 8, 2014 11:19 PM

Jun 2012
Why is Sousuke always mad? Nigga needs to calm down.
Aug 9, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
MAKOTO IS SUCH A BEST BOY

Another really fun episode. I almost always say this but I love seeing the Frees bond and grow closer. Next episode is the relay! I can't wait!!

I need this soundtrack noww
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 9, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2011
more than any other feeling I got from this episode I.AM.FEELING.SO.SAAAAAAAAD.FOR.MAKOTO

I even got a teary eyes :'(

haven't ever cross my mind that Makoto and Haru will race one day, that was EPIC!!!

frankly talk>>> want to swim with you = I have a feeling for you xD

BUT really didn't expect Makoto to talk out his inner saying that he's jealous of Rin!!! OMG Makoto!!!!!!!!

MakoHaru flashback was more than cute!! GOD! baby Makoto just how long/much you love Haru!!! x3

and for that the dolphin toy, actually it have two different stories:

one as RinHaru's: as how it was on the CD DRAMA and that both Rin and Haru have the same dolphin toy.

and the second here in the anime as MakoHaru's: and the dolphin was given to Haruka by Makoto

Rin and Haru race is exciting as always

and I do love how Rin described Haru's swim speed to Sousuke

I started to doubt that Haru will follow Rin to the world level
Aug 10, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
Woot, cool episode. :3
What I like about Free....is the competitions and stuff, that really gets me pumped when watching this anime. :3
What sucked about this episode....though....was how they skipped Rei's race.... :(
Oh well....what made it an awesome episode was the race between Rin and Haruka! Sweet~! That was so cool! And Rin lost to Haruka by 0.02 seconds?! LOL! Cool. x3
Aug 10, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2009
ohohoh race was intense *oooo*
but I am glad their effort paid off! they trained realy hard so wahh :3
and yeah I know Makoto's feeling that he knew he can't win against Haruka in water but still he wanted to try and feel that thrill of competing with him on the same level ~ but I knew Haru owuld win since Makoto is more for his style and he can't feel water for free ~

and MIKOSHIBA brothers XDD mfg Gou poor her she now has 2 stalkers :P
but Seijurou won't give in Gou to brother XD

can't wait next episode!!
great work stuff! progressing of the story is going well not too much and not too less, in FREE! style ~ and new chara Sousuke is interesting guy I won't detest him for now since he was really negative from the start when he appeared but he reminds me of Rin in 1st season a bit with his problematic glances and attitude..
oooh thrills :3 waiting for 7th episode!!!

p.s. I can feel something going around Sousuke and Makoto in next episodes *,,,,*
they got simmilar air around them recently @.@~
SamuraiSxAug 10, 2014 1:48 PM
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Aug 12, 2014 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
Kiss-Shot-Orion said:

By the way, that ending card made my day.

I would have also preferred if Rin had won...oh well, maybe next (water)time...

Good episode, it was quite exciting with all the races and the cheering (i love the cheering. i-ke-i-ke-i-ke-i-ke-i-ke-Makoto! xD)

Just, somehow, i miss the RinHaru moments of the first season. I liked the suspense between them back then. Now they seem to be just comrades from childhood. Not enough for a yaoi fangirl like me :P
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Aug 13, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
I'm confused about what happened to rei... He was the only one competing in that event?
Aug 15, 2014 6:17 PM

Jan 2013
They didn't show any of the times, would be interesting to compare to real world times.
Anyways good episode, finally focusing on the racing.
Aug 16, 2014 6:44 PM

Dec 2011
They all won 1st place in their blocks. Can't wait for the relay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2014 2:27 PM

May 2010
Those were some nice sibling interactions.

Siblings realize they love the same girl, loved that moment xD Rin is like "Not again..."

Gou 'holding it in' xD That was some nice Gou development.

Nitori copying Rin and that jinx hahah

Momotaro vs Makoto, huhu is it okay for me to think of that as "they are competing over Gou"I wonder :p And Makoto won! As expected of my OTP! Sigh, me and my self-pleasing ways..

Can't believe Rei made it, too. Wow good going bro! Rin is so proud of her bro.

I knew it, Makoto would want Haru to give his all in the race. That was a nice race, now that's what I call losing (and accepting it) like a boss!

Haru won! 0.02 sec difference is... wow!
Aug 24, 2014 10:21 PM

Jul 2014
So much Rei x Nagisa *__* New matching swimsuits... Butt bump...
Reigisa is canon.

Captain Mikoshibaaaa! And Momotaru x Gou x Mikoshiba... I was waiting for this. Very much waiting for this... Creeped out Gou was priceless.
So many love triangles... Momotaru x Gou x Mikoshiba, Rin x Haru x Makoto, Sousuke x Rin x Haru...

How sweet that Nagisa's parents came to see him swim!

And that race... I was afraid Rin will go all angsty again if he loses to Haru. Good thing he got over that.
Aug 28, 2014 3:42 AM
May 2014
eek Makoto decides to swim free against haru, he didn't look too happy at the end but it's kinda like you'd expect from their competition..
Sep 25, 2014 2:42 PM

Jun 2011
Iwatobi won it all? -.-

Nitori is still gay for Rin.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 7, 2014 3:05 AM
May 2012
Seriously, I don't want too much drama in my Free!
Good episode, though~
Nov 11, 2014 2:39 AM
Nov 2013
Battle r really finishing really fast, no intense battle actually comparing with 1st Season it looked lot poor :(
Dec 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
Haru and Makoto flashbacks were so cute! <3

Haru beat Makoto and Rin! D:

Rei raced himself! LOL!
Feb 16, 2015 2:32 PM
Feb 2015
Poor Mako-chan. I secretly cheered for him. It would be a nice turnout in the action, if Makoto won. But Iwatobi won in everything, blah.

And I love young Makoshiba, ohh. He's just so adorable.
Mar 26, 2015 9:09 PM

Feb 2015
palladia said:
But think about it, I guess, and Makoto and Sousuke are pretty similar. Both of them have best friends who overlooked them for somebody else, but they continue to cheer from the sidelines, because that's what best friends do. Even though I don't like Sousuke, I'm starting to understand how he feels. Makoto has a more friendly personality, so it comes across as caring with Mako and perhaps bullying with Sousuke, though really, it's all because of a similar situation for the both of them.
ahhh I agree with you so much.
Jul 21, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2007
The Mikoshiba brothers making the same reaction when they say Gou was priceless.

I love the races too! It's awesome they all got into their prelims.

Aug 26, 2015 2:04 PM

Aug 2010
This episode T_T I can relate again urgh
Jan 22, 2016 8:13 PM

Feb 2009
GOD
IT IS SO HARD
TO NOT SHIP SOUSUKE X RIN
MAKOTO X HARUKA
WITH this freakin' episode orz

I love the jealousy. <3
Feb 3, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2008
Rin/Haru/Makoto/Sou is my favourite OT4.

Be careful Makoto, your gay is showing. You too, Sou.
Feb 13, 2016 9:59 PM

Apr 2015
A bit upset because they skipped Rei's race. A good episode though. It showed some of Makoto and Haruka's past.

Also, is it me, or is Makoto crying after he lost to Haruka in the 200m freestyle? It looked like he's crying, but I'm not too sure.

I really like the OST while Makoto was talking to Haru during a flashback.

Chibi-Alice said:
People hate this anime just because it's half naked guys.
But they don't know what they are missing out on.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Mar 16, 2016 1:04 AM

Mar 2012
i lost it when child haru went "mendokusai." to mini makoto in the flashback.
haru was such a brat [still is]. <3
May 2, 2016 6:59 AM

Jun 2010
I think Haru had more personality when he was a child. Now he's all boring.

I really like Free, but I think all the episodes are way too similiar. Rin and Haru are always racing each other and everytime Haru wins by seconds. The story or the characters doesn't develop.

It was great to see Seijuurou again. <3 I really wish he will have some great moments with Gou (even tho this show doesn't seem to have any romantic effects, but one can alwas dream..)
I also love Sousuke <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, poor Rei didn't even get any animation for his race LOL XD I wonder why Sousuke didn't decide to enter the individual race? :O I guess it was expected that Makoto would lose in freestyle :P Rin and Haru were so close in their race! 0.02 seconds :O It was nice to see the Mikoshima brothers in action though LOL XD Makoto jealous of Rin's relationship with Haru, it's canon folks XD XD XD Relay next time~ I always liked watching relays better than individual events, so I think I'm gonna really like the next episode :3
Nov 13, 2017 12:44 PM
Sep 2015
Nagisa and Rei got matching swimsuits, ah such bromance

Apparently Rin's and Gou's father is dead, rip
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2014

149 by ZeroJames »»
Sep 14, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2014

179 by ganyupalta »»
Aug 30, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

136 by irohiro »»
Aug 13, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2014

190 by mayoise »»
Jun 15, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

126 by mayoise »»
Jun 15, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.