Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 2019 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Finally something addictive in way of watching anime. Recently, I have problems to find something that I'd actually; turn on the anime and will watch with interest on full screen. The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke did it successfully. By negating the huge plot armor, some of the lore stupidity things, that show was very pleasant to watch. The anime was good enough to empathize after a few episodes. Also very satisfying ending. There were few missing threads, but I'm not sure if the second season would be profitable. I'm happy with what I got. Thought about strong 7/10 becosue I was ready for dissapointing ending with dying, but since it did not happen ... Solid 8/10.
/Didin't watch the alt. story/
May 18, 2019 11:51 PM

May 2013
This is the anime I've watched before I even had a MAL account now I've re-watched it and it was great.

It saddens me that there won't be a second season I tried watching the Original show which is Zettai Karen Children but it wasn't the same.
Aug 15, 2019 8:00 PM
Apr 2019
but to
Irenesharda said:
CandyRat said:
Did everyone just forget that Kyoske is still a mass murderer?
I laughed when Andy said that he hated ESPers but realised some of them were alright, then went and saved Kyoske of all people.
Or am I simply the one who is missing something?

I wouldn't say Kyosuke is a mass murderer. Anyone he killed in usually in defense of himself or someone else. He has gotten vengeance on people who were both corrupt and murderers themselves, but Hyoubu has quite a moral code which is why so many others follow him.

Of the people he is mentioned to have killed in this show, the guys in the beginning were soldiers of a corrupt government, and the guys that he killed from BABEL were the ones responsible for the orders to kill him and his military ESP Unit during the war. The man he killed in Episode 2 was a mafia boss and traitor who had repeatedly sent his own goons and assassins to kill HIM.

In terms of his statement that he wants to kill all normals, he has never in all of the years he's been alive done any genocidal acts, even though he definitely has the power. There were several times over the course of this series that he shows mery to normals that don't deserve it. The fact that he showed mercy to Saotome, the one man who he has the most reason to hate, shows that he has grown over the course of the series and no longer wants the death of all normals. He has been influenced by both Andy, Yugiri, and Kaoru to rethink his past scars and grudges and learn how to let the past go and forgive. This is really apparent when in Episode 11 he states that "if one cannot learn to forgive, one will never again learn to trust". Now, if one compares that with his earlier statement in episode 2 that "the law among espers is death to traitors", you can see how much he has grown as a character in just these 12 episodes.

Kyosuke is a great leader with great power, but he is still only human. He has his problems and his emotional scars, but he will not hesitate to protect others and will always go the extra mile, even at the cost of his own life. Andy saved him because he saw Hyoubu as a good man who will do what he needs to do to save his people and give them a peaceful future. Hyoubu and PANDRA changed his life and gave him a second choice, if it was within his power, why SHOULDN'T he have saved Kyousuke ?
be honest the original prison limit is there so thats why
Aug 20, 2019 7:10 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
VioLink said:
aria93 said:

+2

It wasn an enjoyable anime, which I liked. I am hoping for S2 but I kinda doubt we will have one.

8/10

+3

8/10 Andy and Hyoubu bros 4 life.

+4

Kyousuke is great. I want more of him. The fact that he’s a white-haired anime character makes it better.
Oct 30, 2019 3:24 PM
Nov 2014
I enjoyed this anime, for some reason I liked the first half more than second though.

I really liked Andy, he had a nice personality and his relationship with Hyobu was interesting. I actually think that Hyoubu should have died at the end, it would be more fitting in my opinion.

Also, is it just me ot the relationship between Hyobu and Kaoru is creepy and disgusting? He's like 60sth grandpa who just looks young! And she's in middle school. It was really...just no.

Jun 24, 2020 9:08 AM

Jun 2017
This episode always seems to make me tear up a little bit at the end - I wasn't so sure it was going to have a happy ending the first time I watched it, and I desperately wanted it to. I've been a fan of the Zettai Karen Children series / Manga since it aired and I randomly watched the original (it's literally the only Manga I've gone through the trouble of reading) (I don't enjoy reading manga online, at least..) and the series / most of it's characters have a special place in my heart.

The end with Andy + Yugiri saving Hyoubu, and the goodbye between Andy and Yugiri are just about the best ending I could have hoped for. It's just adorable. I've always thought his was one of the best anime about "Espers" or "ESP", with among the most likable characters. I'm glad it ended the way it did.

Himitsu127 said:
I actually think that Hyoubu should have died at the end, it would be more fitting in my opinion.

Also, is it just me ot the relationship between Hyobu and Kaoru is creepy and disgusting? He's like 60sth grandpa who just looks young! And she's in middle school. It was really...just no.

Yeah but there's not actually anything romantic between them. They have a history, and despite being the antagonist for most of the original ZKC series, Hyoubu ends up helping them a bunch of times, and doing the right thing a bunch of times, even when it isn't what he originally planned to do. They make jokes about him being a lolicon because of his obsession with her (due to that dolphin's prediction of the future), and he makes some relatively creepy comments here and there, but never tries all that much to even bring her to his "side", much less pursues anything romantic. It never seemed like he was all that serious about that part.

Well also, if Hyoubu would have died, it would sort of take away a major plot point for the later continuity.

Well, there's obviously more to his role in the future than that, before he actually dies, but yeah, it's not as devious as the comments from his friends (and enemies) make it out to be. It's a lot closer to his relationship with Yugiri - he basically protected her ("The Children") throughout the original animated series the same way, and guided / raised them from afar (usually) along-side Minamoto (but not uh, WITH Minamoto, obviously)
Alpha-MethylJun 24, 2020 9:36 AM
Jun 5, 2022 10:21 PM

Jan 2021
I just really wanna know how much of his power Hyobu has. I doubt it is as much as before, but does he still have enough to beat Kaoru? I could probably look it up since no one seems to wathc this show anymore, but I was just curious to see if anyone knew.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2013

88 by VavienN »»
Sep 12, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2013

91 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 1, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

43 by 0Novelion »»
Oct 1, 2022 12:28 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2013

39 by Acctra »»
Jun 5, 2022 7:10 PM

Poll: » Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2013

53 by Acctra »»
Jun 1, 2022 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.