Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2014 12:15 AM

Dec 2012
FishTaco said:

A/ Is that Naruto only development? No, it happens literally more than 300 episodes into the anime.

B/ Did he already came into terms with Kyuubi but yet again for whatever reasons broke up the tie and then mended them again like Ryouko and Senketsu?

It's so apparent when you superimpose it to Ryuuko's process in quelling her anger, coming to terms that she isn't just a monster, and finally establishing a bond with Senketsu/mastering the godrobe.

I'm talking about how it's recycled. The monster is the new part, the rest of the development already happened multiple times before.

What I highlighted in bold is the same repetitive, cookie cutter crap from Naruto

That was totally clear, I totally got what you meant there.

If you mean Naruto's anger and it's relevance to Kyuubi, then that only happened once

Not to mention the fact, that the 'rage' is the emotional trigger for the powers of Kyuubi. And not just a part of Naruto's characterization and development.
tsudecimoMar 14, 2014 12:25 AM
Mar 14, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit Mako joins the fight too!!! That was quite unexpected...

That giant COVER was creepy, how many people are inside??

The only question left is who is Hououmaru?? why is she so intent on helping Ragyou's plan? she doesn't seem to be the battle type like Nui. I wonder if she was also born from life fiber or maybe got infused like Satsuki although not 100%.

LOL at Ryuuko trying to call Satsuki Nee-sama. I hope we get a Satsuki x Ryuuko yuri scene!! (Please OVA grant my wish at least)
Mar 14, 2014 12:22 AM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:

I'm talking about how it's recycled. The monster is the new part, the rest of the development already happened multiple times before.

I answered this. They are not the same development.

This is like saying "We had the wheel on carts before! What difference does adding an ENGINE make!?"

Her being a "monster" plays into other developments.

Please realize your hypocrisy.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 14, 2014 12:34 AM

May 2012
Such a good episode on so many levels. I'm loving this.
I hope the last two episodes can wrap up everything quickly and nicely. Definitely one of my favourite shows to date.

tsudecimo said:
Everything felt so boring.

[whole wall of text]

P.S: This is just my opinion, I'm not claiming I'm 'right' at anything.

I beg to differ. I actually love the small bits even though they may seem repetitive. Those things give the show its whimsical character and form part of the heart of this show. Of course, it gets (visually) old very quickly, which is why the show is just 22 episodes. There is no way such a show can stretch out for a year and stay amazing at this level.

I do agree with you on one thing, Satsuki is definitely more interesting than Ryuuko. That's because she's a charismatic human with extraordinary ways. Even more interesting to note that Satsuki is truly her father's daughter, given that they both tried to keep Ryuuko away from knowing the truth for a very long time and secretly prepare her for the ultimate battle with her mother (training and providing her with the tools). Both made the same mistake but Satsuki managed to survive the whole ordeal and get her to know the whole truth.

Still, one should be quite understanding of Ryuuko, an angsty teenager who has to bear the brunt of the harsh truth. Being kept away for so long and being alone (if you understood her background, being a gangster girl) has made her a terrible person who was transformed into someone more rational and calmer by her meeting with Mako and Senketsu. I think that she has indeed come a long way from what she used to be.

Any character development of Ryuuko remains unstable, because that was what she really was. Her life wasn't even stable to begin with (sustained by life fibres). An emotionally unstable person who's struggling to find and not lose her way.
sentienceMar 14, 2014 12:45 AM
Mar 14, 2014 12:34 AM

Sep 2013
It can't be helped.... one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. So far: 10/10
Mar 14, 2014 12:38 AM

Dec 2012
Your implying that I'm wrong. What does 'hypocrisy' have to do with it?
BRSxIgnition said:

Thing is, if you bothered to look at my "BBcode of a mess" - you'd see that the only time she's ever repeated a mistake was when she chased after Nui in Episode 13.

You said it yourself, she made mistake(s).
Episode 11-12 - Gives in to Revenge. (Character Mistake #1)
Episode 13 - Does not learn from the above, loses Senketsu
Episode 19 - Realizes she's been used one way or another all along. Gives in to depression. (Character Mistake #2)

That's what I meant. She raged in episode 11-12, realizes her mistakes in episode 14. Rages again upon hearing the secrets of her life in 19 , realizes her mistake in episode 21.

Here, that was all my fucking point, that was simply it. I didn't say the reasons for the rage and the mistakes were the same. My point that there was a pattern. Rage > realization of mistake > knowing what's important > rage again > etc. Her development had the same formula. That all I was getting at, jeez.

I love how most of what I said in my initial was completely ignored, yet one line caught the attention of you. My point still stands, Ryouko's development is minimal. You can twist how you want and pretend that every action she does is character development, if you want, but that's just you exaggerating the volume of her development.

Those are the episodes where she received development, despite having a very small screen time and focus in a couple of episodes, I will acknowledge it.
tsudecimoMar 14, 2014 12:46 AM
Mar 14, 2014 12:39 AM

Oct 2011
sentience said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Everything felt so boring.

[whole wall of text]

P.S: This is just my opinion, I'm not claiming I'm 'right' at anything.

From what I remember posting, I don't remember calling the show boring at any point... MAYBE at episode 14 - but I'm already rather open as to how that episode could have been improved.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Mar 14, 2014 12:46 AM

May 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
From what I remember posting, I don't remember calling the show boring at any point... MAYBE at episode 14 - but I'm already rather open as to how that episode could have been improved.

Sorry, I was having trouble with the quote tags, have edited to reflect the correct poster.
Mar 14, 2014 12:46 AM

Sep 2012
And with the new transformation, It is revealed that the red ranger was Iori all this time!

*for those who don't get it, look at the colour of the background during their transformations.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Mar 14, 2014 12:47 AM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:

Episode 19 - Realizes she's been used one way or another all along. Gives in to depression. (Character Mistake #2)

That's what I meant. She raged in episode 11-12, realizes her mistakes in episode 14. Rages again upon hearing the secrets of her life in 19 , realizes her mistake in episode 21.

I numbered them for a reason. They are separate mistakes with separate outcomes. One is her succumbing to the possibility of revenge through rage, and results in her losing a friend. One is her succumbing to the depression that she's been used all her life and is the exact same as her enemy, and results in her trying to commit a Hero's Suicide.

Also - even if all you are complaining about is the pattern in which they were represented, It's a very common method of character progression, and is nearly always used in almost ANY story. Even knowing that, it only happened twice in 22 episodes.

How can you have character progression if she doesn't get up after she falls? Just stop the story there because she's gone far enough?
Mar 14, 2014 12:50 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Your implying that I'm wrong. What does 'hypocrisy' have to do with it?

Here, that was all my fucking point, that was simply it. I didn't say the reasons for the rage and the mistakes were the same. My point that there was a pattern. Rage > realization of mistake > knowing what's important > rage again > etc. Her development had the same formula. That all I was getting at, jeez.

I love how most of what I said in my initial was completely ignored, yet one line caught the attention of you. My point still stands, Ryouko's development is minimal. You can twist how you want and pretend that every action she does is character development, if you want, but that's just you exaggerating the volume of her development.

Those are the episodes where she received development, despite having a very small screen time and focus in a couple of episodes, I will acknowledge it.

Stop this shit. If we don't agree with your fucking weird standards, then we get it now. There's no need to shove it down on everybody's throat's like you're currently doing right now.
Mar 14, 2014 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
Let's just stop.
Mar 14, 2014 12:52 AM

Aug 2013
I was kinda grinning like an idiot the whole episode. Satsuki and Ryuuko transforming at the same time was so incredibly awesome. Mako's two-star uniform is back omg yes hell yeah so great. I can't contain my emotions this episode was just so wonderful!!
SliceofHorrorMar 14, 2014 12:57 AM
wow gay
Mar 14, 2014 12:53 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Let's just stop.

You just realize this now? You should've already put an end to this earlier =.=
Mar 14, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2010
I liked this episode quite a bit! The show is ramping up to an awesome conclusion, and its nice to know that the naked guerrillas have a bit more up their sleeves! Plus the return of Mako!
Mar 14, 2014 12:56 AM

Dec 2012
Bluuberry said:

Stop this shit. If we don't agree with your fucking weird standards, then we get it now. There's no need to shove it down on everybody's throat's like you're currently doing right now.

You speak like I started this crap. I simply answered a question, which led to people attacking my favorite anime because they are too incompetent to actually address the argument itself.

Actually who the fuck are you to say anything? you only contributed to the derailment without even posting one relevant post to the thread. Talking about Naruto going downhill, and black lagoon and basically spam and shit posts. Smh.
Mar 14, 2014 1:05 AM

May 2012
I'm pretty happy that Episode 22 had interpersonal character development when Ryuuko realized that others like Satsuki have people who they trust and want to protect. She realizes that she was not alone and learnt not to just see things from only her own personal perspective.

The finale is coming. I just hope they can complete Episode 23 with showdown and 24 with the post-apocalyptic world.
Mar 14, 2014 1:08 AM
Apr 2013
I find it silly that people attack other's animelist.

Some poster, who will remain unnamed, is the king of that shit.

Every anime has its place from action to ecchi and everything else inbetween. The problem is when a show sets itself up to be something and doesn't deliver on that promise (I'm looking at your pretentious and boring work Mr Urobuchi...).

A lot of people feel "Kill la Kill" is one such show, given the show's tonally schizophrenic "first half" (Best opening sequence for any anime I have ever seen ever ruined a few scenes later by crap comedy, doesn't recover for a lot of episodes...).

Doesn't make them trolls, doesn't make their standards higher than yours, or their tastes 2deep4u, just makes them disappointed.

It's a forum, people will voice their disappointment. Angrily, too (it's disappointment they're expressing after all).

Stop being so overly defensive and (wow) judgmental.

Next on Jerry Springer, we talk to a couple caught in a love triangle with their Labrador...
ollythirteenMar 14, 2014 1:14 AM

Mar 14, 2014 1:08 AM
Mar 2013
That M6.1 quake was the most worrying thing in the episodes really. Hope Japan is OK. Loving Mako btw (:
Mar 14, 2014 1:13 AM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:
Let's just stop.
Agreed.
Mar 14, 2014 1:14 AM

Jul 2013
MizutaniShuncho said:
That M6.1 quake was the most worrying thing in the episodes really. Hope Japan is OK. Loving Mako btw (:

Ah so that's what it was. The episode was too awesome I barely had time to see what the wall of text was about.

A 6.1 quake is small by Japan's standard though. Their buildings are very well equipped to withstand that much. I read there's no damage/casualty either.
Mar 14, 2014 1:16 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
]
You speak like I started this crap. I simply answered a question, which led to people attacking my favorite anime because they are too incompetent to actually address the argument itself.

Actually who the fuck are you to say anything? you only contributed to the derailment without even posting one relevant post to the thread. Talking about Naruto going downhill, and black lagoon and basically spam and shit posts. Smh.

Because you actually did. Who the fuck i am? I was just trying to put an end to your bitching (lol - you're a guy but whatever lol) because it feels like it's getting out of hand. U MAD BRO? Cry, Cry lol.

Actually, That's not shitposting, The fact Naruto went batshit was totally fucking right and you even included BL, I was just recommending that stuff to that user. lol You're one funny man.
Mar 14, 2014 1:23 AM

Dec 2012
Oh Jesus. You must be mentally challenged or something. Argument starter. It's shitposting because it's factually 100% an irrelevant, off topic and a spam post to Kill la Kill episode 22 fucking discussion thread, not because it was right or wrong. You imbecile.
Mar 14, 2014 1:25 AM

Mar 2012
Oh God, I love you so much, Mako. I had a permanent smile on my face for the past 15 minutes. I kept replaying that transformation sequence over and over. The only thing that could have made this episode better was if Ryuko actually did call Satsuki nee-chan.

Can't wait for the Elite 4 transformation.
Mar 14, 2014 1:26 AM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:
Oh Jesus. You must be mentally challenged or something. Argument starter.

We just agreed to stop this. Talk about the episode or nothing at all.

I asked a question, I did not start an argument. If you believe I did, I apologize - it was not my intention.

Please let this thread return to being an episode discussion.
Mar 14, 2014 1:32 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Oh Jesus. You must be mentally challenged or something. Argument starter. It's shitposting because it's factually 100% an irrelevant, off topic and a spam post to Kill la Kill episode 22 fucking discussion thread, not because it was right or wrong. You imbecile.

Oh, we've got a badass over here. So Awesome :3 So You consider yourself smart and genius now? Glad for You.

LOL Man, you're just making me laugh. Tsk. Let's just end it here before you go on rampaging.
Mar 14, 2014 1:43 AM
Apr 2013
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Welcome back to the show, now Cathy and Jacob here have a very interesting dynamic going on with their precious pet Labrador Sally...

Mar 14, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2013
I regret posting anything.

Let this thread return to normalcy.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 14, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2013
Naruto is utter shit.

Why is that crap being brought up in this thread?

Kill La Kill should be the only topic on hand.

OT: Best episode yet. Plain and simple.
Mar 14, 2014 2:04 AM

Sep 2010
Holy fucking shit, Fight Club Mako! Ryuko confirmed as kawaii as fuck imouto
Mar 14, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
I couldn't stop myself from singing 'don't lose your way' at the beggining. Ryuuko is finally Ryuuko! Satsuki there was bowing before Ryuuko kyah, i love her hair. Satsuki laughed! (and not ironically).
Now they fight side by side and Mako regained her uniform.
This episode was way better compared to previous one.
Mar 14, 2014 3:08 AM

Jan 2011
Dear lord, Kill la Kill is so freaking awesome! Ryuuko was able to get Senketsu back and Nui lost both her arms. xDD Geez, Nui has gone completely insane now. I absolutely loved the part when Satsuki and Ryuuko made up with each other with the sunset in the background; so beautiful~ Ryuuko blushing so much when she tried to call Satsuki 'nee-chan' or whatever, was soooo cute!! xD Also, the OST is AMAZING!! I can't stress it enough. "Don't lose your waaaaayyyy!" - Always gets me hyped. Ryuuko and Satsuki transforming into their Godrobes with that track was way too awesome. Also, Captain Mako is back?! Hellz yeah!!!! Best episode by far now. :DD

5/5
Mar 14, 2014 3:18 AM

Aug 2009
This new episode really lighted up my mood, because my day is not going well. I really needed to cut off my worries for a moment and this anime is going a great job at that. So many feelings, amazing and cheesy bounding time, I want to cry. Favorite scenes were the arm-cutting, dinner-time, and sister moment. I love it!

Thank you Kill la Kill and thank you Trigger, stay awesome.
Mar 14, 2014 3:32 AM

Dec 2013
As always amazing episode. I really do love Satsuki as a character and to see her and Ryuko teaming up like that was awesome! Gotta love that ending FIGHT CLUB MAKO FTW! 5/5
Mar 14, 2014 3:55 AM

Oct 2013
This was a pretty epic episode! and that end with
I need MOAR!
Also: Ryuko was so fucking badass. 10/10
Mar 14, 2014 4:17 AM

Apr 2010
Best episode of the year.

Sister & Sister together... that moved me.
Makotaro is back.
5/5.
Mar 14, 2014 4:28 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode.Touching sisters reunion,dual transformation and mako and her fight spec.I really enjoyed this episode tho I hoped they would kill off Nui already.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Mar 14, 2014 4:46 AM

Apr 2013
am i the only one who realised that ryuko copied the last moment from panty and stocking?
Mar 14, 2014 4:54 AM

Jul 2011
Tailor Regalia! YES.
Mar 14, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
Ryuuko, Satsuki and Mako have never looked soo good in their respective clothing. I cant wait till next week.
My Candies:
Mar 14, 2014 5:17 AM

Jul 2007
Why is this show so epic xD

Man everyone seriously rocks so much. Satsuki is brilliant everything she does is dignified. Even when she bowed to Ryouko it felt like she was overwhelming her instead. The 4 devas too. Damn when she tried to punch her and they jumped in front. Fuck that sent chills down my spine. Seriously really good so far. With 2 eps to go I can only say this. I'm gonna miss this anime. A lot. :(
Mar 14, 2014 5:22 AM
Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
Oh Jesus. You must be mentally challenged or something. You imbecile.

Wow. Get off your high horse already.
Mar 14, 2014 5:35 AM
Apr 2013
It's funny but when you like the characters of a show little things like their choice of words tend to stick out to you.

When exactly did Satsuki acknowldge Ryuuko as her sister to Ryuuko's face?

When she called Ryuuko "Ryuuko" (and not "Matoi") while apologizing/asking for help..

How about Ryuuko? When did she acknowledge Satsuki as her sister to Satsuki's face?

When she tried to call Satsuki "neesan"?

Nah it was much earlier when she said "it's high time we stopped that mother of ours". After claiming to not want to punch Satsuki anymore.

Interesting and contradictory little dynamic the two sisters have going there:

despite appearing cool and reserved, Satsuki is direct, and upfront when expressing herself (she calls Ryuuko by first name, no honorific no family name. This is a bit of a big deal in Japan as it signifies closeness to someone)...

...while hot-headed, loud and in your face Ryuuko has difficulty expressing herself (she acknowledges Satsuki as her sister in a roundabout way by her lack of distancing language when talking about their shared association to Ragyo as her daughters).

On a second watch I kind of like how subtle and true to the characters the scene was/stayed despite initially wanting more from their reconciliation.

Too bad the writer had to spoil the subtlety by making Senketsu bring it up later...
ollythirteenMar 14, 2014 5:43 AM

Mar 14, 2014 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
I'm really pissed about Nui. This episode is another example that I should never grow fond of villains in any anime... unless they're Char, but Nui isn't Char.

Glad to see everyone will get their uniforms back and the sisters fighting together. Shit's gonna be epic.
Mar 14, 2014 5:59 AM

Sep 2010
datchison18 said:
am i the only one who realised that ryuko copied the last moment from panty and stocking?
How so?
Mar 14, 2014 6:16 AM

Dec 2012
Mako gets her uniform back XD
Ryuko was so near of the nee chan >.<
so emotional in this episode
I did not mean to harm anyone feeling or criticize the point of view of other. These are my point of views.
Mar 14, 2014 6:20 AM
Nov 2009
Ryuuko almost called Satsuki her Onee-chwan<3
Mar 14, 2014 6:20 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
TWO STAR MAKO IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Matoi almost said Onee.... I REALLY WANT HER TO EVER SINCE I FOUND OUT THEY WERE SISTERS
The double transformation was sweet.
Great episode of Kill la Kill
Mar 14, 2014 6:33 AM

Jul 2008
One of the best episodes here with the sisters reuniting :) Looks like Nui lost both her arms for good :P
Mar 14, 2014 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
They seriously pissed Nui off didn't they? xD

Satsuki-nee~
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.