Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2009
ooh, that was ok :)
I was that excited to see the last episode :P
But I feel for Rei. I want to see him swim again..
Sep 27, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2009
I feel sorry for Rei. Rin did not deserve that spot after behaving like he did.

My feelings are kind of mixed about this anime. It started out great, but the last episodes didn't do it for me.
Sep 27, 2013 1:35 PM
Oct 2009
I'm not a fan of Rin but he looked sooo cute both times he was crying <3 dawww <33 n so generous of Rei... it's funny cuz history repeated itself.
Sep 27, 2013 1:39 PM
Nov 2012
Hmm.. I guess this turned out to be another Tamako Market for me. Nice, short anime. Not groundbreaking, not an eye-sore either. A nice little 'in-between' anime, I would say. You know, the ones you watch in between two more awesome anime. You don't usually remember them, and it's the same for me here.

The ending (consisting of the last 3 or 4 eps) seemed a little bit underwhelming to me.

Anyways, if anything else, there are other KyoAni series that deserve another season rather than Free!, that's for sure. But if they do end up doing one next summer, I wouldn't mind. But I think it would get very boring very soon with the same stuff.

6/10.
Sep 27, 2013 4:25 PM

Apr 2009
Those Rin's teardrops on Haru's face...
Sep 27, 2013 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
Lovely end.
Sep 27, 2013 7:34 PM

Oct 2012
IceBurn said:
So they screwed over the best character for Rin?. At least give Rei an magic scene *smh. Disappointed 7/10, was good. Would bump it up to 8 if wasn't for Rin and retard underclass-man. Hopefully Rei will shine in the inevitably S2.

We're totally best friends now I dont care what you say.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Sep 27, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
YEAH! XD awesome final episode :3 I love it :3
rin is back to the team..
awesome episode..
gonna miss this show seriously :3
(8.7/10)
Sep 27, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
series was actually not bad... the ending part with the crying and huging was kinda gay haha
Sep 27, 2013 8:30 PM
Aug 2012
Lol'd hard throughout this series. Probably a 7/10.
Sep 27, 2013 8:44 PM

Jan 2011
6/10
Sep 27, 2013 9:31 PM

May 2009
A pleasant end at the very least. Here's to next summer and swimming FUREE again!

Sep 27, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
Sweet and nice episode!~ Really enjoyed the anime! ^^ I actually didn't expect much of this series, but I ended up watching the whole thing. This episode was sweet and got to me. Yeah, Rin swan with everyone!~ Made me so happy. But I did feel bad for Rei-chan, Rin took his place. Awww, at the end, they all have joint practice together!~~~ Overall, good series!!! XD
Sep 27, 2013 11:19 PM

May 2013
Damn, all my feels. They were all over the place.

Poor Rin. Just let all that rage out.
Poor Rei. Sacrificing your part just to make everyone else happy.

Haruka vs Rin. Roll roll roll. FOR THE TEAM. Cry cry cry.

Dat relay. Dat group hug. Dat disqualification.

But overall, this ended well. A second season would be nice.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 28, 2013 12:23 AM
Apr 2012
I enjoyed this series in overall, the only thing that seemed to tick me off is the reason for why Rin had to be enemies to those four in the entire series towards the end...not a good enough reason for me imo..but oh well, guys are guys..with their egos and what whatnots.. :-||

I would NOT mind a second season *thumbs up*
Sep 28, 2013 12:31 AM

Aug 2013
Rei deserved to be on the relay :( . Putting the fanservice (it was too much of that boy loves boy) aside i liked the story of the anime. The design was beautiful and the water looked really good.
My favorite character was, off course, Makoto, he had a nice and acceptable personality.
Sep 28, 2013 5:02 AM

Jul 2010
This anime brought me so much happiness T_T
Rendez-vous next summer hopefully !
Sep 28, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2007
I just loved this final episode so much! It was really intense and heart warming! Yay! Now I want moreeee~

Sep 28, 2013 5:20 AM

Jan 2013
see you next summer... ^^ hehe maybe it will be 2nd season?? :D
Sep 28, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2013
Good ending overall, if not for Rei being shafted in favour of Rin. I'm really hoping Season 2 will come along and we get to see everyone give Rei more love. Also, I don't know how to feel about everyone chasing after Rin despite him being an ass - yes he was doing it because he was bottling up his feelings, but he only really apologised to Nitori, not to his former teammates. Having said all that, I still really enjoyed this series despite all its flaws. I'm hoping for more action and maybe new rivals in Season 2, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit for that.
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Sep 28, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2008
dude cutest finale ever. rei is such a team player. it was so great when he called his teammates beautiful. :')
and that last shot of the picture of all five of them at the tournament. ;-; d'awwww. season 2 with less angry rin, plz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
MFG PERFECT EPISODE !!! :3 10/10

soo much things going one ! great progress and developement ! and charaters ! and music and ending :333 uh love love love it !!! I don't have to say anything against this episode it was too good !
what more do you neeed?
it was seriously best ending for 1st season of anime ! ~

and NEXT NEXT SUMMER :333 LOVE YOU! !! fmg I want 2nd season !
please make 2nd season! (if other crappy anime this year got 2nd or 3rd season, FREE! deserves it for sure !)

and I was so surprised at ending O.o I thought RIn for real got transfered to Iwatobi uhhhh baddddd animators for getting my hopes up for a second >_<

in next season I want to hear story of Rei and Nagisa and more SAmezuka and also TO SEE CONTINUING OF THOSE COUPLE SECONDS ABOUT TRAINING Samezuka x Iwatobi !!

p.s. I love it was soo much fanservicing for us fujoshi in this last episode ;3 I could melt for those bromance moments in my imaginary world ~
SamuraiSxSep 28, 2013 3:05 PM
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Sep 28, 2013 9:31 PM

May 2011
Turnipsia said:
xahjun said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Turnipsia said:
You really think I'm a girl... lol

When he saw "For the team" I laughed... Because he's blind as fuck since he didn't notice it

Well you got me there, seems I was outwitted by the guy who role plays a 17 year old girl on anime sites.

Just ignore him if he wants to be a girl. Oops sorry "she".
Isn't that a bit harsh on Transexuals is you ignore them cause they want to be a girl

Ignore as in ignore the the person's desire of wanting to be female, not as the person itself. Sorry for not being clear.

Turnipsia said:

xahjun said:

Turnipsia said:
people actually cried over this shit?

Sometimes, other people's kind of shit is your gold too. Respect others.
Oh the greatness of someone trying to tell me to do something.

I was discussing the episode and stating how unemotional it was. I didn't disrespect anyone...

Nah it's just an advice. It felt like you're stating others had a poor sense of taste/quality of the anime. My apologise.

Turnipsia said:

Since I couldn't relate to it, it was boring and since I don't squirt my body fluids while watching this show I couldn't enjoy the female fan-service

Well, nobody ask you to.

Turnipsia said:

Also don't fucking feed a troll ya idiot

Turnipsia said:

Your words right back at you.
Sep 28, 2013 9:54 PM

Jul 2009
lul dat was gay as fuk
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 29, 2013 12:31 AM

Mar 2013
Couldn't ask for a better ending!! :)
This was really a nice change of pace, I'm really glad I watched this anime.
If there ever will be a second season, I'll be looking forward to it.
Sep 29, 2013 2:05 AM

May 2013
*gross crying over the ending* I've never been so satisfied over an season finale.

9/10 - hope there's a season 2 where we see the Iwatobi and Samezuka compete; Rei swimming with them during the regionals (omg he worked so hard!) and Haru/Rin both in the freestyle spots during the relays

Also, I would give this a 10 if there's more swimming ~
Sep 29, 2013 2:34 AM

Dec 2012
xahjun said:

Turnipsia said:

Also don't fucking feed a troll ya idiot

Turnipsia said:

Your words right back at you.
You wanna hug it out and be done with this

Sep 29, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2010
Not bad, I enjoyed it!
Sep 29, 2013 6:44 AM
Jun 2012
Great Ending. I do look Forward to Season 2 next Summer ;D
Sep 29, 2013 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
I nearly cried (I wonder why) and seeing a crying Rin and Haruka with emotions was really something XD I can't wait for season 2.
Sep 29, 2013 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Finally Rin's depression is over and they had fun swimming in the relay.

Season 2 confirmed in the end card :)
Sep 29, 2013 5:54 PM

Oct 2008
7/10. I liked the show but the drama was badly paced in my opinion, they could have started developing Rin since episode 8~9 but they did it after 11.5 episodes.
Rei and Haruka were my favorites and they're great characters, Rei was especially a swimBRO, he worked so hard and tried to understand his teammates, yet he couldn't swim in the relay he wanted the most so far, such a bummer, Kyoani.
I liked Makoto and Nagisa as well, they weren't exactly developed but they are cool.

See you next season, I guess.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Sep 30, 2013 9:41 AM
Oct 2012
I don't like Rin from the very begining and I hate that He replaced Rei in the race. In all I dislike the last episode....
Sep 30, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2011
This is going to be the longest wait ever. Next summer needs to come. Now.
Oct 1, 2013 6:53 AM

Jan 2012
Oh my. I felt so sorry for Rei throughout the entire episode because it was so obvious that was gonna happen. Poor guy. But I guess the whole situation was difficult to bring to an end eventually without leaving the viewers with a bad feeling. Rei should've been more sad than he actually was. He told them he felt the same way as Rin and wanted to swim with them, but they still ignored it and went for Rin. Boo!

Why can't there be 5 people in a team? T__T ~
Oct 1, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
So much bromance
Oct 2, 2013 12:27 AM

Jun 2011
I am just halfway in this episode, but Rei is the best best best character in this show! Haruka is just so emo and always "I want to swim with Rin" when there are other people near him like Makoto and Nagisa, and also Rei. Makoto is always about Haruka, and it kinda makes me sick after a while. Nagisa is.. well.. no comment. As for Rin, after the last episode, I've come to like him more and put him 2nd after Rei, I like his complex, and his attitude, and he's always fighting with himself inside, etc..

Edit: Done with the episode. I forgot to add in Samezuka's swim club captain, he's in the 3rd. That Nitori Ai, wow another guy with girly name -.- He's kind of annoying, but this show can't do without him.

It's a good ending, if it ever have a sequel, I hope it will be better. This show is not a sport show, it's a drama show. The ending tempt me to give it a 7, but I won't, it remains a 6 for me, because of some cliche and etc.

Mannn I feel for Rei, but it all turned out well anyway, so "maa ii ka (oh well)".
ToG25thBaamOct 2, 2013 12:44 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2013 2:17 AM

Jun 2010
Beautiful :D (although the plot was a bit predictable)
Really looking forward to S2!
Oct 2, 2013 7:30 AM
Sep 2009
"people cried over this shit" why take time out of your precious day to waste it commenting on something you did not like?

I'm glad other people cried at this LOL I FREAKING LOVED the ending! it was a predictable typical fanservice story but that's what youre supposed to love about it! How could you not expect them swimming again together? In the words of Rei, this season was beautiful and I loved everything about it.

ALSO on the friendship of males...as I AM female...and this was beautiful friendship and I can NOW safely say I don't see it as a "gay anime" as some of u are calling it because I have 3 grown male neighbors who have been friends for a very very long time and this is how they act LOL...and they are definitely not gay. My neighbors friendship is really beautiful they have been through a lot together and this free! friendship reminded me of them lol. Tha'ts probably weird to say..whatever. Point is, the friendship is deep and beautiful and not judging anyway.

34892304982034982/10. that's my score. haters to the left.
Oct 2, 2013 8:14 AM

Dec 2007
This was fun.
I can't wait for the prequel to get animated so we get shota fanservice this time. They're too cute in the flashbacks.

We are getting the prequel, right? Better fucking get to it KyoAni.
Oct 2, 2013 8:41 AM

May 2010
I really didn't expect much of this anime but in the end i ended up loving it! ^^

8/10
Oct 2, 2013 5:30 PM

Oct 2012
the story is predictable.... nothing special about this show...
6/10

Oct 3, 2013 3:45 AM
May 2012
The hypocrisy on this thread is really something. Lots of guys insecure in their masculinity need to vent how gay this anime is after watching the whole show, disliking a character because their favorite was somehow left behind despite it being his decision and is the primary reason why he's the best boy for them, disliking another character for being noisy when they themselves have been acting like that as well in this very thread and one who don't have any real friends and now sees his experience as a gospel truth like this one:
Turnipsia said:
You see, you're a girl so you wouldn't know what guys do in a guy friendship... none of this shit happens in real life, most guys would screw each other over if a girl was involved so this story was impossibly bullshit and like most anime... Had a bland ending...

How sad...
Oct 3, 2013 8:10 AM

Sep 2013
I liked the anime up until this last episode. The actual relay seems a little too much for me but I understand what they wanted to show. Was also really sad about Rin swapping in for Rei at the last moment. I think I will have to adjust my rating a little bit.
Oct 3, 2013 9:39 AM

Oct 2012
So it is over - hooraay! Well.

This show wasn't my cup of tea from the start but somehow I grow to it and watch it every week mainly because of animation and good swimming sequences (and because of KyoAni ofc). You know, animation and chara design is something KyoAni knows well. But. It has totally unrealistic characters and fails to deliver some decent story development (and now don't tell me this is slice-of-life cause that's nothing to do with it. nor the fact that it was parody in a way). And those almost adult boys crying all around the place? Come on! So, in the end - it was fun to watch this because of those great arts but it was pain to watch becuse of those horrid dialogues. And that leads me to my score:

5/10 - good try KyoAni but please do something else next summer, nothing special's here
Oct 3, 2013 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
Aww ,so Rin made up with Haru and everyone's happy..Finally.It kinda seemed a bit corny to me though.Anyway I didn't like how Rei wasv upstage after he was a part of the team training with everyone else.In the end, Rei kinda came off like the fifth wheel but still a okay episode overall.
Oct 3, 2013 1:08 PM
Oct 2010
dat Rin x Haru moments

really liked the episode, though I wished for Rin to join the old team ;A;

10/10
Oct 3, 2013 4:49 PM

Mar 2013
Nice episode. I can't wait for next summer (winter here).

8/10 It was much better than what I expected :)
Oct 6, 2013 11:59 PM

Jul 2013
oh gad when Rin starting crying...

stabbed me right in the heart.
Oct 7, 2013 2:39 AM

Mar 2013
Don't like it, it was strange that Rin swam with them T_T
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

146 by cooldogmom »»
Aug 21, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2013

171 by cooldogmom »»
Aug 21, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2013

103 by cooldogmom »»
Aug 21, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

247 by cooldogmom »»
Aug 21, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2013

253 by cooldogmom »»
Aug 18, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.